As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SWTOR] - The thrilling F2P adventures of Henroid, Bounty Hunter and snappy dresser.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Everything remains the same but the xp

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Question about heroic quests (or dailies as I call them). If they're greyed out in difficulty do you still get the rewards?

Yep!

Sometimes, it can be good to go back and do them to get moddable gear.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Question about heroic quests (or dailies as I call them). If they're greyed out in difficulty do you still get the rewards?

Yep!

That's exactly why I'm asking.

I'm finally starting to 'see through the Matrix' of this game. It'll cheapen it in some aspects but whatever.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

Yep!

Or, for that matter, comms to fill in moddable gear.

If you're a trooper or smuggler, there's a trio of heroics on Ord Mantell (the starter planet) that you can basically do in five minutes once you're at level 20 or so, even with shit gear, and that in total give 9 comms. 9 planetary comms for 5 minutes work is possibly the best rate I've seen in the game.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

Yep!

Or, for that matter, comms to fill in moddable gear.

If you're a trooper or smuggler, there's a trio of heroics on Ord Mantell (the starter planet) that you can basically do in five minutes once you're at level 20 or so, even with shit gear, and that in total give 9 comms. 9 planetary comms for 5 minutes work is possibly the best rate I've seen in the game.

Yeah I can't think of any other planet where Heroic missions are clustered like that.

I'm impressed with how many legit instances of not-being-virtuous there are while playing a smuggler. Even that mission on Ord Mantell to free or kill the pirate informant had more heft to it.

Side note: I'm pretty sure the Smuggler/Agent is my favorite class. There's an actual rotation of skills in combat that isn't a spam fest of one thing over and over, and the pace of combat situations goes by faster.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    So I started a trooper...Im torn between commando and vanguard though. Commando is probably going to be boring and it doesnt have the animations to save it like the merc class does (sure you get the big gun, but I prefer the constant barrage of missiles and lasers the mercenary puts out). Vanguard is probably more visually entertaining (shit around you explodes? thats kinda cool), but Im not sure I totally dig the playstyle. I have minimal interest in tanking (would rather tank on my knight), middle trees rotation is kinda boring and the right tree has heat issues? been nerfed? Its been a long while since Ive tried my powertech.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    vanguard is not at all as visually interesting as powertech, at least imo

at least commando gets the build ol' gun to use

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Yeah but gravity round is so boring.

emp123 wrote: »
    Yeah but gravity round is so boring.

If gravity round was more visually impressive (and less vague about the projectile's travel) I would be into it.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

If you can pick up the mission, you still get the rewards at turn-in. If it's too low level for you, the only thing you miss out on is the xp you get from killing the mobs.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Ahhh, Corso is killing me!

I go up to the cockpit to find him getting drunk and making an ass of himself, and then he starts spoiling plot points that haven't happened yet!

Just 2 more quests until Bowdaar and I'm still tempted to buy a bunch of droid gear off the AH to swap him out.

steam_sig.png
  • Fixer40000Fixer40000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    You newbies have no idea how much worse Corso was at release.

I'm a Gunslinger, and what does he do? Harpoons bad guys right over to me. What happens when I turn that ability off? He turns it back on everytime he dies, dissapears, or I enter a new area.

CORSO. STOP. HELPING. ME.

Fixer40000 on
    Have left PA forums.
    If this community believes that hating someone based soley upon their gender is acceptable and understandable, I have no interest in being a part of it.
    Oh I remember. There's a reason my smuggler is still only on Nar Shadaa after more then 2 years.

steam_sig.png
    And now Corso has disappeared from my ship. I suppose I should submit a bug report.

Or should I?

steam_sig.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Bug? Or feature?

Now if I can just convince Skadge to go join him wherever he's gone off to.

steam_sig.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Once again lamenting the fact that they didn't figure out a way in beta to let you murder your companions during the story but still have all the support you needed (via robots or something).

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    My only complaint about Corso is he doesn't seem to capture aggro on groups of enemies as well as other tanking companions.

• AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Once again lamenting the fact that they didn't figure out a way in beta to let you murder your companions during the story but still have all the support you needed (via robots or something).

Hell I don't even need to kill them, just drop azshara off at the next republic contested world...It makes no real sense why I can't.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    I finally stopped worrying about Corso and learned to love the Bowdaar.

That...didn't sound right.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    My only complaint about Corso is he doesn't seem to capture aggro on groups of enemies as well as other tanking companions.

This is a feature of all ranged tank companions. Ranged tanks don't hold groups of mobs aggro well, but consequently they don't die nearly as quickly as melee tanks.

Bowdaar is awesome, if you are a healer. Corso is more useful if you aren't.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'm impressed with how many legit instances of not-being-virtuous there are while playing a smuggler. Even that mission on Ord Mantell to free or kill the pirate informant had more heft to it.

Side note: I'm pretty sure the Smuggler/Agent is my favorite class. There's an actual rotation of skills in combat that isn't a spam fest of one thing over and over, and the pace of combat situations goes by faster.

it's one of the most active rotations in the game

shadow/sin tanks have maybe the hardest

yeah I need to use corso on my smuggler more

it helps that I have him in augmented Show-Off's gear and refer to him as "Cabana Boy Corso"

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the problem with azshara is that depending on how you recruit her, her dialogue makes no sense. Really it doesn't make any sense anyway

still think thana should've been the melee dps companion

also man fuck corso he is soooo annoying, the best moment from act 1 was
    telling him I was keeping his stupid pistol

NREqxl5.jpg
    as an aside, I don't really understand why they didn't make tank/melee and heal/ranged roles interchangeable for companions. Every melee companion could've just had a +threat stance and a DPS stance, and ditto ranged for dps/heal

NREqxl5.jpg
    i dunno that, for example, I see risha healing anyone

Switching stances doesn't work all that well for the companions who do it. It doesn't matter how many DPS skills I take off of Doc's quick bar, he still shoots people when I want him to be healing. And it doesn't matter how many heals I take off his bar, he'll still heal when I want him to be shooting mans. Tank classes are particularly bad, in that you have to disable half their skill to make them DPS instead of tanks.

I do think every companion class should have had a duplicate, though. One healer per class really isn't enough. It's good that Treek does heals.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Switching stances doesn't work all that well for the companions who do it. It doesn't matter how many DPS skills I take off of Doc's quick bar, he still shoots people when I want him to be healing. And it doesn't matter how many heals I take off his bar, he'll still heal when I want him to be shooting mans. Tank classes are particularly bad, in that you have to disable half their skill to make them DPS instead of tanks.

I do think every companion class should have had a duplicate, though. One healer per class really isn't enough. It's good that Treek does heals.

This is my experience as well. Many people have told me that I am an idiot (and worse) for saying that Khem is a crappy companion for a tank specced inquisitor, because he has a dps stance and does "good dps".

If "good dps" is about 60% of the damage that an actual dps companion does, then ok, sure whatever, he's "good dps".

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Well

If they're loaded with Presence and on the first two planets he does good DPS

After that not so much

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    I actually like khem as a companion on a sin tank in theory, especially when dealing with single target elites

swapping aggro is super easy that way

but since early sin tanks have access to about 30% of their kit, it's a little messy

My problem with companions being stuck into roles is that they force you into choosing for function rather than story. If I'm playing a fragile DPSer, I need a tank, maybe can get by with a healer, but another DPSer may just seal my fate. Which sucks because sometimes romance options are like... counter-intuitive to your gameplay.

Or maybe it does just work out and you just have to change your pace in combat. Fight reeeeeeeeaaaaal slow instead of going bananas fighting things, etc.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I learned how to work my apprentice with my Sith Warrior at least DPS companions can combine well with most folks. Key is to keep them at the same gear level you are. She does more damage than I do. Which is nice. I was using Vette before that.

Also I found most of the Smuggler stuff meh. He is my only level 50 but still only Act 2 really hooked me and the companions were just okay compared to like the JK or Agent or BH or SW companions.

Edit:

Want to add also manually targeting with your companion is huge. Sending my apprentice in first means she grabs some aggro and holds one ore two while I hold the others. Then we murder.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    Who can explain the Credit Escrow thing to me?

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

If you're a F2Per/Preferred player, every credit you make past your 250/350K limit goes into a locked account of sorts. Previously you had to become a subscriber if you wanted those credits back but now there's cash-shop items that let you have those credits.

edited April 2014
    Bleh, double-posting due to forum hiccups.

Owenashi on
    Owenashi wrote: »

If you're a F2Per/Preferred player, every credit you make past your 250/350K limit goes into a locked account of sorts. Previously you had to become a subscriber if you wanted those credits back but now there's cash-shop items that let you have those credits.

What do you mean cash-shop items? You mean the Cartel Market?

What happens if you pull out a withdrawl item that's like 500k credits? Does it let you have 500k in your inventory temporarily or does it just slip into Escrow immediately and thus is a waste?

Yeah, I mean the Cartel Market. And any money you pull from escrow stays there despite the F2P/Preferred limit until you spend it. Any money you make while you're over limit goes into the escrow account.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I mean the Cartel Market. And any money you pull from escrow stays there despite the F2P/Preferred limit until you spend it. Any money you make while you're over limit goes into the escrow account.

I think what he meant was, if you're not at 250k/350k and you use one of the cartel market items to access your escrow, will it let you go over 250k/350k.

If he didn't, sorry for misinterpreting. If he did: yes, if you use cartel coins to get your escrow, those will allow you to go over the limit. If you were to then turn in a mission, the credits you received would go straight into escrow.

Shadowen on
    Shadowen wrote: »

I think what he meant was, if you're not at 250k/350k and you use one of the cartel market items to access your escrow, will it let you go over 250k/350k.

If he didn't, sorry for misinterpreting. If he did: yes, if you use cartel coins to get your escrow, those will allow you to go over the limit. If you were to then turn in a mission, the credits you received would go straight into escrow.

Ohhhhhhhh so they did add a way for you to get more money. Okay. So here's the bigger question.

Can you use multiple Escrow slides, like pull out 5 million over several Escrows withdraws?

This discussion has been closed.