As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFX/X-2 HD] This is my remastered story (out March 18)

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    0.8 seconds!

SON OF A BITCH!

IKknkhU.gif
    Got the sun sigil with an incredibly lucky run of 16 balloons and 2 birds.

IKknkhU.gif
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Fuck the chocobo race.

I always suspected...

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    What's the mythology of Ribbon? Is it just a gag that a ribbon protects you from everything?
    I just think back in the early days when names were simpler Ribbon was the thing thing that protected you from all the statuses. And it just hung around.

steam_sig.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Ribbon was originally exclusive to the Dancer job. I think that's why it was a ribbon.

• TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Ribbon was originally exclusive to the Dancer job. I think that's why it was a ribbon.
    Nah, Ribbon's been around since the first game. Took up the helmet slot. The idea was that it had a terrible defence rating because, you know, not armour, but it resisted just about everything.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
    edited April 2014
    So how do people normally go for their customized end-game armors? I'm a big fan of auto-haste, but I've never really done any of the more high-end optional bosses cause I always run out of patience after a few days of farming bosses.

I did just get a Ribbon/BHPL armor for Rikku on my first shot with Yojimbo, and I was thinking of auto-hasting it, but didn't know if that would be a waste instead of Auto-Med or something.

edit:Auto-potion I guess. Auto-med is useless with ribbon.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So how do people normally go for their customized end-game armors? I'm a big fan of auto-haste, but I've never really done any of the more high-end optional bosses cause I always run out of patience after a few days of farming bosses.

I did just get a Ribbon/BHPL armor for Rikku on my first shot with Yojimbo, and I was thinking of auto-hasting it, but didn't know if that would be a waste instead of Auto-Med or something.

I went with BHPL, Ribbon, Auto-Haste and Auto-Phoenix. Last two are perfect for Penance.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Whoops, double post.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So, at a playtime of 96:59, I am finally ready to enter Mt. Gagazet for the first time.

I'm a little insane.

I farmed Dark Yojimbo (using Zanmato) over 250 times (for about 15-20 hours) and ended up with BHPL + Ribbon for Lulu, Wakka, Auron, and Tidus. I also got 198 Dark Matters in that period of time and customized Ribbon to BHPL + 3-Slot that I got for Khimari and Yuna. Unfortunately, I did not get a BHPL + 3-Slot or BHPL + Ribbon for Rikku but I figure I can use the 99 Dark Matters I get once I unlock Nemesis.

I also farmed enough Chocobo Wings from King Cactuar to add Auto-Haste to each of those 6 armors. I also added Auto-Haste to a BHPL + Curseproof armor I got for Rikku so she wouldn't fall behind.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar

I went with BHPL, Ribbon, Auto-Haste and Auto-Phoenix. Last two are perfect for Penance.

The majority consensus seems to be as follows regarding ultimate armors.

If you are going with a BHPL build, then:

1) With less than ~70,000 HP, BHPL + Ribbon + Auto-Haste + Auto-Protect is the ideal armor.

2) With more than 70,000 HP, BHPL + Ribbon + Auto-Haste + Auto-Regen is the ideal armor.

3) Ribbon is "useless" for Penance, so for that fight, BHPL + Auto-Haste + Auto-Protect + Auto-Regen is the ideal armor.

Finally, if you're NOT going for a BHPL build, then I would *personally* recommend (I can't find any particular consensus on an ideal non-BHPL build): Ribbon + Auto-Haste + Auto-Protect + Auto-Phoenix.

Also: Stoneproof is generally considered an acceptable alternative to Ribbon if you cannot stomach the grind.

I'm personally going for #2 above (BHPL + Ribbon + Auto-Haste + Auto-Regen). I'm already 3/4 there for 6 of my party. I'll get Auto-Regen for all of them once I unlock Kottos.

Auto-Haste is a must have. It has so much utility. It's also relatively easy to farm for. I'd slap Auto-Haste on trash armor if that's all I had available.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Woooo! Yunalesca has fallen! Now to go wander the world! Let's go back to Besaid to vis...

Well fuck.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Woooo! Yunalesca has fallen! Now to go wander the world! Let's go back to Besaid to vis...

Well fuck.

Did you remember to get the Sun Crest after Yunalesca died?

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Well fuck.

Did you remember to get the Sun Crest after Yunalesca died?

Yes. I did not remember about dark valefor

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    My lightning-dodging record is 2. I feel so accomplished!

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    My lightning-dodging record is 2. I feel so accomplished!

Don't feel too bad. Lightning dodging is bullshit before you have an accessory with no encounters.

That crater tip really helped. The easiest/earliest way to get no encounters gear is to capture a ghost in the cave after the calm lands. Then just fight it in the arena till it drops one.

steam_sig.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    So on the March NPDs, FFX/X-2 was the #8 selling game of the month

For an HD remaster of games over a decade old, that's not bad at all

Glad people seemed to latch onto it

Dear God, capturing stuff in Omega Ruins is beyond annoying.

Yunalesca dead on the first try.

Rikku and all of Yuna's Aeons win MVP of the fight.

IKknkhU.gif
    And yes, I did remember the Sun Crest.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited April 2014
    Stilts wrote: »
    Yunalesca dead on the first try.

Rikku and all of Yuna's Aeons win MVP of the fight.

I'm glaring at you so hard right now.

lonelyahava on
    So I've gotten to the point where I'm just barely getting by every Blitzball match

I still feel completely helpless outside of the Jecht Shot, but it's working so far

I've already gotten Attack Reels

My team is currently:

Tidus
    Kyou
    Brother
    Ropp
    Wedge
    Jamal

• THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Just keep resetting the season until the overdrive you want appears.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    Wait, it's randomized? I don't have to keep working through league matches?

If that's true I've already wasted so much time

• THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Wait, do the prizes go in an order?

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    Apparently it's a tournament prize for attack, league prize for status, tournament prize for Aurochs, and league prize for the Sigil

I wasn't really aware of how any of that shit worked though so I was just going through league play until tournaments lighted up and my plan was to do this forever apparently

God fucking dammit I hate blitzball

edited April 2014
    I just tried resetting though and it reset everything, which means my hired players were gone

So I had to do a soft reset

I am pulling my hair out

EDIT: Found this
    The next overdrive that will appear will be the Status Reels overdrive. It will appear as the first place prize for league play. There are two prerequisites for its appearance: (1) you must have previously won the Attack Reels overdrive in tournament play and (2) Wakka must have participated in 250 or more battles.

Assuming you have met the prerequisites, finish the current league season and be sure to [Save] immediately after the last game of the season. Next reopen the blitzball menu and check the league prize list. If the league prize list shows Status Reels as the first prize (and only if), [Save] to fix the league prize list. If the league prize list does not show Status Reels as the first prize, [Soft Reset] to try again. Continue until you see the first prize you want.

After Status Reels have been acquired, the next overdrive will be Aurochs Reels. There are two prerequisites to be satisfied for Aurochs Reels to appear as a tournament first prize: (1) you must have previously won Status Reels in league play and (2) Wakka must have been involved in 450 or more battles.

Assuming you have met the prerequisites, watch for the next available tournament after the current league season completes. Check the prize list to see if Aurochs Reels appear as the first prize. If so [Save] to fix the prize list and play the tournament. If Aurochs Reels does not appear as the first prize, use [Soft Reset] until the prize you want appears.

And, finally, after all four overdrives have been obtained, the Jupiter Sigil will appear as the first prize in league play. The league season must begin after the tournament in which the Auroch Reels overdrive was won. Apply the procedure discussed against the Status Reels overdrive acquisition to set the league first prize to the Jupiter Sigil.

And, just in case you are wondering, Wakka does not have to be on your blitzball team for all the overdrive prizes to appear.

UnbreakableVow on
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I told myself I was going to work at getting some of the Blitzball stuff this time around, since I avoided it like the plague each time that I played the original.

Something tells me it ain't happening this time either.

OH NO

I CAUGHT ALL THE CREATURES IN MI'IHEN TRYING TO GET AURON'S SIGIL BUT THEN I WALKED INTO MUSHROOM ROCK ROAD

I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN

Oh cool, it's basically impossible to score against the Al Bhed Psyches while they have Nimrook.

Great.

IKknkhU.gif
    How is it that Keepa has his Catch halved three times in a row?

IKknkhU.gif
    Why are you sticking with the initial Aurochs?

Why are you sticking with the initial Aurochs?

The only Aurochs I kept were Jassu and Keepa.

I have since remedied the situation.

IKknkhU.gif
    Jamal has been working quite well for me

edited April 2014
    Jamal has been working quite well for me

Yeah, that's who I picked up.

Right now my team is:

LF/MF/RF = Tidus/Brother/Wedge
    LD/RD = Jassu/Ropp
    GK = Jumal

I'm gonna switch Jassu out for Zalitz when I boot the game up next time.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    OH NO

I CAUGHT ALL THE CREATURES IN MI'IHEN TRYING TO GET AURON'S SIGIL BUT THEN I WALKED INTO MUSHROOM ROCK ROAD

Do not do this to me! Share the warnings!

Blitzball goes from being frustratingly annoying with the Aurochs to incredibly boring when you have a good team put together

There is no middle ground, it is always shitty

At least I'm winning now

I get the ball to Kyou, he has a stupid high endurance and pass stat, lure two or three of their players to him in the upper left, they all break against him, he takes it, passes to Tidus in the lower left, Jecht Shot

Winning matches 5 or 6 to 0 now

I haven't had a goal scored against me yet

OH NO

Do not do this to me! Share the warnings!

When you go into Mushroom Rock Road, there'll be a priestess there (she looks like Belinda) arguing with someone

Don't talk to them because it activates Dark Magus Sisters and they were doing 99999 to me with every hit