As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MTG] Pack Rat Fever (BOTG Sealed League, see pg 20)

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I am happy with this set

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    VNp65j9Usq_EN.jpg

kind of an odd way to reverse engineer the brazen bull

people don't usually come out of that one alive

also, disappointed the set doesn't have anything about my favourite greek myth, artemis and actaeon

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    or pygmalion and the statue

it's an artifact that comes alive if you want to fuck it enough, the card writes itself

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    or pygmalion and the statue

it's an artifact that comes alive if you want to fuck it enough, the card writes itself

look i'm already on thin ice with my LGS due to these anime sleeves

liEt3nH.png
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    aspect of gorgon doesn't even have the dignity to change creature type for that hythonia synergy

e: might be a rad enchantment for a phenax deck tho

Already considering it.

Actually being able to kill things on occasion seems nice.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=370716&type=cardwOwjNql1Jt_EN.jpgImage.ashx?multiverseid=370806&type=card

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    oh wait I didnt see the other hexproof creature

yeah thats probably gonna be x4 in that deck

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Been a lot of people talking about how Pharika didn't work with the current Dredge deck. I give you Conley Wood's, the creator of the deck, opinion on her.
    Regarding this diminishing your synergies, that is generally not going to be the case. You cannot just go activating Pharika super early as you will be prioritizing casting additional spells from your hand to turn Pharika into a creature. In the mid-game, if you are activating Pharika, it is because you are picking off a big attacker or something certainly worth the -1/-1 to your Nighthowler. And then, in the late game, where this ability is best, your Nighthowlers going from 12/12s down to 9/9s is hardly going to matter. What does matter is that instant speed creature you plopped out on your opponent's endstep to follow up Supreme Verdict. Because that token is about to pick up a Nighthowler and go to town. Too bad the Nighthowler is slightly smaller though...

This is how I've been feeling about the argument so I'm glad to see Woods agrees.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    loving this guy

OyAeHhW8Aq_EN.jpg

catheists represent

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    I'd rather do something reasonable than swinging for the fence like a lot of other people seem to want to do on that site.

1397784915.png

This card hurts me because WHAT EVEN ARE RULES

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    okay okay okay lets go through this list and see what jumps out

white got some more offensive aura things, that's cool

countermand might be a neat alternative to psychic strike

thassa's ire could be good times in limited with inspired

bloodcrazed hoplite

quick shout out to betman hate you for getting more minotaurs

oh man pharika even has just a regular old 1/1 deathtouch snake fantastic

the skink amuses me

what even the hell is that cockatrice doing here I love it

not a single defender fuuuuuck

2x39jD4.jpg
    Meh. Countermand isn't worth it even in a Mill deck.

That 1 extra CMC over Psychic Strike or Dissolve is just painful. That's makes it a lot hard to leave countermagic up to stop key spells I don't see myself playing it even after Strike rotates.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I'm more excited about Pharika's Typhoid Rats than I am about Pharika herself.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    QrD65d70e0_EN.jpg

but what will i do with all these vanquish the fouls i invested in?!?!

good thing I hated vanquish the foul for its high mana cost...

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    wow, Reprisal takes me back to the old middle-school playing days

144.jpg

...back when dragons looked a lot like dogs, apparently

KalTorak on
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Great set. Missing some stuff I wanted, but they always are.

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    KalTorak wrote: »
    wow, Reprisal takes me back to the old middle-school playing days

144.jpg

...back when dragons looked a lot like dogs, apparently

My favorite thing is how everyone hated Reprisal when it came out. Of course, back then Swords to Plowshares was in every format.

Nullzone wrote: »

I'd throw in a few Selesnya Charms - they're another trample effect besides the Rampagers, a great way to kill Demons, and surprise protection against Devour Flesh.

For those running Mill, especially Defender Mill, this set is very much a trap.

- Countermand seems like a solid role player, but you want your countermagic as cheap as possible so you can leave mana open and still do stuff. Milling 4 is not worth the trade off. If it was a bigger Mill swing (7ish, perhaps) then I MIGHT consider it. I'd also consider it if it was Grind 3 or something instead.

- Thassa's Devourer seems as like a powerful card, but it's 5 mana. That's competing for a slot with Phenax, Jace and Consuming Aberration. It's not winning that fight. The other problem is, because UB didn't get any good high toughness enchantment creatures, your not triggering it often (maybe Nighthowler after rotation). But even then it's only two cards! If this was a 0/something and cost 2-3 mana, I'd be more inclined to work it in. But at 5 CMC you need to be starting to take MASSIVE mill chunks, not a measly 2 cards.

As a comparision, Traumatize is 5CMC. It mills half their library. And I don't even run Traumatize.

- The Scryfish, however, is a awesome and I will test it

-

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Mill is in itself a trap

editors note: i hate mill

The Betgirl on
    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I always thought it looked like one of those dragon suits that dozens of people group up inside and walk around parades in.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    I always thought it looked like one of those dragon suits that dozens of people group up inside and walk around parades in.

Yeah, it's pretty clearly modeled after Chinese New Year dragon puppets.

Just goes to show how lax the art department was back in the day. I mean, Alliances was still taking place in Ice Age's Nordic world, right? I guess the invasion of a dragon puppet into your tiny fishing village is indeed worthy of reprisal.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    PbvzKab1t5_EN.jpg

Hello yes, this card is dumb as shit and I love it.

X22wmuF.jpg
    That cockatrice is faaaaaaabulous

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Nullzone wrote: »

I think you're probably better off dropping red, taking Eidolon of Countless Battles instead of Ghor-Clan Rampager, and dropping Madcap Skills for either Selesnya Charm or Eidolon of Blossoms.

Edit: Another option would be Alpha Authority, which allows you to protect the Eidolons late game if they fall off the base creature.

Salvation122 on
    I want to make a janky Constellation deck starring Arbiter of the Ideal.

Because Arbiter nets you free cards in play whenever it untaps.

And all those cards, even Lands, are enchantments.

The question is what color to pair U with.

my first thought is green, so you can use Eidolon of Blossoms and Kiora's Follower

• Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    love that parrot

love all those enemy colored uncommon creatures

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Oh shit I just noticed the sheep in the bottom right corner of that card art!

That be birdzilla!

X22wmuF.jpg
    White is really jacked this set and block.

Green is right behind, but closer to the other colors.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    oh yea that be a cliff

best bird

2x39jD4.jpg

my first thought is green, so you can use Eidolon of Blossoms and Kiora's Follower

Yeah, I think it's either Green (for what you said, plus mana ramp) or White (for Sphere of Safety, Banishing Light, Ethereal Armor).

Yeah, I think it's either Green (for what you said, plus mana ramp) or White (for Sphere of Safety, Banishing Light, Ethereal Armor).

This is a hilarious gimmick card.

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    FInally WOTC supporting Cockatrice.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    Agent Erebos is such ridiculous GY hate.

Pretty sure my reanimator deck idea just bit the bullet.

turtleant wrote: »
    Oh shit I just noticed the sheep in the bottom right corner of that card art!

That be birdzilla!

Sheep are really taking a beating in this set

Zb1Zrnj9GM_EN.jpg

Thurmatage also, not as blown up as I made him out to be, sorry about that. Dude looked crazy, I mean... He's great, but he's not broken.

This is a hilarious gimmick card.

I know right?

I said I want to make a janky deck!

The crazy thing is with all the playable Enchantments right now, it might almost be decent! Not competitive, but my main deck is a Mill deck. Clearly I'm more interested in doing weird things than competitive things .

It is, I've resolved one to end a couple games. Highest count I got was 11 (I think), he just let me get out of control.

In an anecdote where I wasn't already winning, I have thrown it down on T5 to stabilize. I only had 4 enchantments, but it was enough to bungle his mana and buy me the turns I needed to get back in. With all the Enchantment hate, and likeliness it'll be in Standard decks... I doubt it'll have the same "HA HA! That's right, I'm going to beat you with a 'bad card'."

This discussion has been closed.