As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Podcast not showing up for ClubPA?

While not signed it, I saw that last weeks podcast is up for non-PA members, but when I signed in, I couldn't see the new one? Anyone else have this problem?

• AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    Nope, S3E6 went up yesterday for Club PA members. Try to hard refresh, Ctrl+F5.

• dylldyll Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Sadly, ep 6 went up last week. Still nothing for episode 7 even now (Wednesday afternoon).

See here- While logged out:
    y6k5s9hj984j.png

While logged in:
    a14y2mtp4sjz.png

(pardon the weird images - I realized there was personal information in the shots I took so did a crappy quick edit.)

dyll on
    The RSS feed lied to us again or maybe we haven't actually gotten new episodes in a while. There's a 2 week difference between two episodes and maybe that's why we're not up to date.

Yeah, I'm not sure why "Motive" is listed as April 1st in the RSS feed. That's what it WOULD be for non-CPA members if they got it only one week late. I got it on March 25 in the evening.

Well we have it now. So the DLC podcast goes up sometime between Tuesday and Friday. Most likely Wednesday.

Unrelated; Is it weird that I listen to the podcast while playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 and the staff podcast while I'm on a bus?

Not at all. DLC has been a staple of my gaming time for years. The staff podcast tends to be more of a commute / on the road thing for me, too. Glad it finally went up!

I wondered if I was just crazy, since noone else seems to talk about it when it doesn't go up.

All right, it's the 9th now (Wednesday) and that means the Staff podcast should've gone up yesterday. But it didn't. And now I'm sad.

*patiently waits for update*

It's kind of exhausting. All the free podcasts I listen to are more reliable than either PA podcast, both of which I pay for.

I think it goes up a little faster if we post here, just so that anyone else at PA would know and bug Josh about it to no end.

Thanks Josh! Now the DLC episode, please?

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    AntonNUL wrote: »
    I think it goes up a little faster if we post here,

This is not the case sir. We have pax right now, things are busy. It'll go up.

Tube wrote: »
    AntonNUL wrote: »
    I think it goes up a little faster if we post here,

This is not the case sir. We have pax right now, things are busy. It'll go up.

EXCELLENT point, sir. Totally forgot about PAX (that's what being in the South will do to ya.)

I'll wait patiently.

I don't want to be a jerk but it never went up, and Jerry's post today includes a pitch for ClubPA (WHICH I LOVE AND SUPPORT), but right now, there are no "CPA Only" episodes of DLC, when there should always be 2.

I'll assume this is all pre/post PAX issues, but if there's going to be an episode gap, I wish there would be some notification so I could stop checking.

I know it was PAX and all, and I actually want to stop complaining, but it's Wednesday again and there's no PATV, no podcasts, and DLC is still (apparently) a week behind. Kind of weird that while everything else goes up as normal, the Club PA stuff does not.

I'll check it out, thanks.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Trying to download the latest clubpa PA:TS episode leads to a 404 page.

edited April 2014
    tumblr_n2pz5qY2WG1toamj8o1_500.gif

Access to the DLC Podcast
    Club PA members get Season 3 of "Downloadable Content: The Penny Arcade Podcast" free and clear, 2 weeks earlier than "un-members."

dyll on
    edited April 2014
    -edited- I was just complaining in this post. Nothing constructive.

dyll on
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I was wondering whether they simply hadn't done any DLC recordings for a few weeks.

• glampeglampe Registered User new member
    Is there a defined podcast schedule? When I signed up I was expecting DLC about twice a week like season 2 and within a day or two of the comic. It's the reason I signed up. I didn't want to have to wait a couple weeks. I appears they try to do a DLC and Staff once a week? Also, I've never figured out how to see a comic early or when it's posted.

edited April 2014
    Podcasts should go up once a week on Tuesday. Both of them. Sadly, it's not twice a week. :( Which reminds me, it's Thursday now and we're still behind on podcasts.

To see a comic early, just open up the comics page (basically where you would see Wednesday's comic) to see the new one if it's uploaded. However, it's usually uploaded several hours from now, so it's a "if we uploaded the comic earlier than the day it's on for once you get to see it" kind of ordeal. For clarification, it's not up yet.

AntonNUL on
    Just so I'm clear, how much content is missing that should be there? Please check to make sure it hasn't gone up since you last looked.

We are missing this week's DLC and Staff, and as far as I'm aware we're (apparently) behind a DLC on top of that.

Just so I'm clear, how much content is missing that should be there? Please check to make sure it hasn't gone up since you last looked.
    the last DLC that went up for ClubPA was Combuskible, which I believe went live on the 4th. The last Staff episode was Childhoods (Part 2), which went up on the 9th(?).

dyll wrote: »
    the last DLC that went up for ClubPA was Combuskible, which I believe went live on the 4th. The last Staff episode was Childhoods (Part 2), which went up on the 9th(?).
    It "went up" on the 8th, actually on the 9th, with Childhoods (Part 2). There was a blank spot between S3E4 and S3E5 where no episode was uploaded, hence why ClubPA is a week (now technically two weeks) behind.

Bumping because as of tomorrow, we'll be behind on two DLCs meaning that there's no incentive to Club PA other than discount/pin/whatever and we'll be a week behind on the Staff podcast.

Aight, thanks for the heads up.