[SWTOR] Outfit designer is out now. Playable Togruta coming on 3.3, late July.

2456799

Posts

  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm refusing any / all giftings for anything atm. This game included.

    A referral isn't actually a gift... technically, the person giving you the free referral also gets something. The referral mount is extremely useful for leveling (110% speed starting at speeder piloting 1)

    Edit: And there are additional gifts the referrer gets with more free referrals, but nothing as useful as that mount.

    Cambiata on
    Commodore75
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I uh also have friend codes if anyone is interested.

    Well, I should, since Ive been subscribing since launch but Ive never actually checked and dont really know how it works.

  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    oh huh, I could definitely use a free transfer

    I was gonna sub sometime in the next month or so anyway for at least a month, so send me a link or code or whatever and I'll get you whatever the reward is

    Me too...who else needs a transfer? :p

  • HenroidHenroid Wear your damn plague masks! Registered User regular
    Made it as far as Anchorhead.

    Oh on my smuggler I mean. I'm pretty sure it (and the Operative) are my favorite classes mechanically speaking. Everything else has something janky or stupid about it. Though the Inquisitor / Consular haven't gotten my attention too much and they're okay so far.

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night, 11pm PST - /henroidt on Twitch
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Henroid wrote: »
    Made it as far as Anchorhead.

    Did you manage to find transport to Mos Eisley or wherever you were going?

    Shadowen on
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I'm pretty sure I'm gonna resub before that May 4th bonus, so I gladly take a referral from somebody.

    Edit: Got one from @Cambiata

    Veagle on
    steam_sig.png
  • KassKass Registered User regular
    @Veagle‌
    I just sent you a PM with a referral link.

  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Kass wrote: »
    @Veagle‌
    I just sent you a PM with a referral link.

    Thanks, but I already got one.

    steam_sig.png
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    I'm still waiting for a referral link. Might resub today, might be next week...but it'll be before that May cutoff.

  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I've been playing this f2p for a little while and I would totally take a code. I used to sub and always meant to resub to finish some of the class missions (working through agent and sith warrior now. Inquisitor finished)

    Also battle droid pets. Hmmmm.....

  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for a referral link. Might resub today, might be next week...but it'll be before that May cutoff.

    Sent you a PM.

  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Really disappointing to experience that the last Jedi story battle is nearly impossible for point-and-click players. :-/
    T7 is absolutely useless. He should be able to kill the clones himself. Instead, I have to go save his useless ass, then he's down to low health, and dies quickly after. And then I die because AOE attacks don't kill the clones either, and by the time I'm done cleaning them out, the Emperor has me down anyway.

    Incredibly frustrating, and ill-conceived.

    Nightslyr on
    PSN/XBL/Nintendo/Origin/Steam: Nightslyr 3DS: 1607-1682-2948
    Switch: SW-3515-0057-3813 FF XIV: Q'vehn Tia
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Really disappointing to experience that the last Jedi story battle is nearly impossible for point-and-click players. :-/
    T7 is absolutely useless. He should be able to kill the clones himself. Instead, I have to go save his useless ass, then he's down to low health, and dies quickly after. And then I die because AOE attacks don't kill the clones either, and by the time I'm done cleaning them out, the Emperor has me down anyway.

    Incredibly frustrating, and ill-conceived.

    Honestly I've never known a point and click player who enjoyed any mmo as a melee. You're the first person actually I know who even attempted to take one that far.

    My old wow guild was (primarily) composed of people who suffered from variously crippling levels of rheumatoid arthritis, and they all said that it was pretty much priest/mage/non-ehancement shaman/warlock period. And that was in WoW, which has the best accessibility controls of any mmo I'm aware of.

  • HenroidHenroid Wear your damn plague masks! Registered User regular
    Bowdaar just punched a pirate off a cliff on Tatooine.

    Welcome aboard buddy!

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night, 11pm PST - /henroidt on Twitch
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Bowdaar just punched a pirate off a cliff on Tatooine.

    Welcome aboard buddy!

    I loved Tatooine on my Smuggler.

    Have you met the Jedi and Sith yet?

    newSig.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Wear your damn plague masks! Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Bowdaar just punched a pirate off a cliff on Tatooine.

    Welcome aboard buddy!

    I loved Tatooine on my Smuggler.

    Have you met the Jedi and Sith yet?

    I did. Though I'm not really impressed with either of them so far. I was also kinda disappointed at the "remember when Han shot at Vader?" thing that went down.

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night, 11pm PST - /henroidt on Twitch
  • HenroidHenroid Wear your damn plague masks! Registered User regular
    I just unlocked the Legacy Titles stuff for my account. Though I dunno what that'll allow for beyond last names and "The (whatever) Legacy" being under my names. I hope there's more (and better) titles.

    That's the last of the frivolous unlocks. Everything is substantial; crew skills, inventory space, bank space, character slots, quick bars.

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night, 11pm PST - /henroidt on Twitch
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Henroid wrote: »
    I just unlocked the Legacy Titles stuff for my account. Though I dunno what that'll allow for beyond last names and "The (whatever) Legacy" being under my names. I hope there's more (and better) titles.

    That's the last of the frivolous unlocks. Everything is substantial; crew skills, inventory space, bank space, character slots, quick bars.

    Certain Legacy achievements have titles that unlock for the Legacy section. Every ten Legacy levels you get unlocks a new title. You get titles for making certain reputation ranks with the various factions. And so on.

    E.g., currently I have, among others, Imperial Infiltrator (reach Friend with Makeb Imperial Forces), the Beastmaster (unlock all bestiary entries on all planets), Historic (level 40 Legacy), and Loremaster of Oricon (discovered all lore objects on Oricon).

    Shadowen on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Bowdaar just punched a pirate off a cliff on Tatooine.

    Welcome aboard buddy!

    I loved Tatooine on my Smuggler.

    Have you met the Jedi and Sith yet?

    I did. Though I'm not really impressed with either of them so far. I was also kinda disappointed at the "remember when Han shot at Vader?" thing that went down.

    Ahh... :(
    That was my favorite part. Especially at the end when she gives you back your blaster and the dude is all "WTF just happened?"

    newSig.jpg
  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Bowdaar just punched a pirate off a cliff on Tatooine.

    Welcome aboard buddy!

    I loved Tatooine on my Smuggler.

    Have you met the Jedi and Sith yet?

    I did. Though I'm not really impressed with either of them so far. I was also kinda disappointed at the "remember when Han shot at Vader?" thing that went down.

    Ahh... :(
    That was my favorite part. Especially at the end when she gives you back your blaster and the dude is all "WTF just happened?"

    I think the biggest issue with that scene for me was immediately saying 'okay, that was a good move, and now you will NEVER use it again, and my scoundrel is gonna kick your scrawny ass at the end of this story arc'. And lo and behold... I was right, I punched that bitch into oblivion.

    Just so you know my scoundrel is a girl, so chick on chick crime is totally alright, and I don't give a shit what Corso thinks.

    wbee62u815wj.png
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    I don't give a shit what Corso thinks.

    You could theoretically have just said this.

    NocrenMagnusCarterDivideByZero
  • HenroidHenroid Wear your damn plague masks! Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    Just so you know my scoundrel is a girl, so chick on chick crime is totally alright, and I don't give a shit what Corso thinks.

    Don't you mean Bowdaar?

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night, 11pm PST - /henroidt on Twitch
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I just finished Voss on my Sith Juggy.

    Man that was some fine moments at the end.

    Also I like how he looks. Very Revanesque but without being Revan.
    Screenshot_2014-04-20_21_12_01_580636_zps907172df.jpg

    Also on the romance side...
    I have decided to Jaesa because I am hard core dark side this time. Smart dark side but dark side. I think I am like dark 4.

    I want to do a Maurader and go light side I think. Then I will romance Vette.

    03x29di.png
    Cambiata
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Bowdaar just punched a pirate off a cliff on Tatooine.

    Welcome aboard buddy!

    I loved Tatooine on my Smuggler.

    Have you met the Jedi and Sith yet?

    I did. Though I'm not really impressed with either of them so far. I was also kinda disappointed at the "remember when Han shot at Vader?" thing that went down.

    Ahh... :(
    That was my favorite part. Especially at the end when she gives you back your blaster and the dude is all "WTF just happened?"

    I greatly prefer the Bounty Hunter take on that at the end of Act 1.

  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Really disappointing to experience that the last Jedi story battle is nearly impossible for point-and-click players. :-/
    T7 is absolutely useless. He should be able to kill the clones himself. Instead, I have to go save his useless ass, then he's down to low health, and dies quickly after. And then I die because AOE attacks don't kill the clones either, and by the time I'm done cleaning them out, the Emperor has me down anyway.

    Incredibly frustrating, and ill-conceived.

    Honestly I've never known a point and click player who enjoyed any mmo as a melee. You're the first person actually I know who even attempted to take one that far.

    My old wow guild was (primarily) composed of people who suffered from variously crippling levels of rheumatoid arthritis, and they all said that it was pretty much priest/mage/non-ehancement shaman/warlock period. And that was in WoW, which has the best accessibility controls of any mmo I'm aware of.

    I play WoW as a ret pally, which is why I went DPS guardian here. They're very similar, although I like guardian better (saber throw, leap, stasis, push, leap is such a fun combo).

    I do okay so long as stuff is relatively stationary. Once movement and/or target switching is involved forget about it.

    My main frustration lies in the design of the encounter.
    I don't mind that they force you to use T7. It makes sense not only because he can't be influenced by the Emperor, but because he was the first companion. But he's useless in the fight because he gets swarmed so easily and can't do anything to defend himself. It's just a really odd decision to force the player to bring a certain companion, but then have the companion be utterly ineffectual. Especially given how useful companions are for the rest of the solo content. And there's no hint that would be the case. In fact, getting the T7 gear in the temple led me to believe he'd be critical in the fight.

    So, yeah, I'm mostly frustrated by herp derp encounter design. I'll just grind levels/gear until I can wipe the floor with him.

    Speaking of which, how do the bounty hunter weekends work? I've done a couple bounties, but no more popped up in the bounty hunter place in the fleet space station after turning them in. It was literally get quest -> do quest -> turn it in at the fleet -> nothing new available. Am I missing something?

    PSN/XBL/Nintendo/Origin/Steam: Nightslyr 3DS: 1607-1682-2948
    Switch: SW-3515-0057-3813 FF XIV: Q'vehn Tia
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Speaking of which, how do the bounty hunter weekends work? I've done a couple bounties, but no more popped up in the bounty hunter place in the fleet space station after turning them in. It was literally get quest -> do quest -> turn it in at the fleet -> nothing new available. Am I missing something?

    Doing the quest grants you a token, and you can use that token to unlock other bosses. I believe the bosses are 1 per week now, so once you kill one you won't be able to kill it again until the next BH week.

    Correction: Some of the bosses are daily, others are weekly.

    Cambiata on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    There's two types of targets during Bounty Hunting Week: Henchmen and Kingpins. Henchmen are Elite-strength bosses that you can do once a day, earning the tokens to buy an unlock-contract for a planet's Kingpin. Those you'll need some help with since they're Champ-level strong.

    Nightslyr
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Your experiences with the final boss of the Knight story are vastly different from mine.
    I didn't grab T7s gear, although I saw the chest, because I didn't realize there was a puzzle to get it.

    I went into the fight with the Emperor expecting it to be fairly difficult, especially T7 was wearing whatever he had on how when I got Kira but I didn't have any issues, I don't think T7 even died.

    The fight left me mildly disappointed it was over so quickly. I feel like I missed a stage or two in a multi stage fight.

    Granted I was level 54 when I fought the Emperor and I think that probably had a great deal to do with the ease of my success. My gear was pretty shit though, 140 hilt and then a bunch of level 41 gear (100?).

  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Your experiences with the final boss of the Knight story are vastly different from mine.
    I didn't grab T7s gear, although I saw the chest, because I didn't realize there was a puzzle to get it.

    I went into the fight with the Emperor expecting it to be fairly difficult, especially T7 was wearing whatever he had on how when I got Kira but I didn't have any issues, I don't think T7 even died.

    The fight left me mildly disappointed it was over so quickly. I feel like I missed a stage or two in a multi stage fight.

    Granted I was level 54 when I fought the Emperor and I think that probably had a great deal to do with the ease of my success. My gear was pretty shit though, 140 hilt and then a bunch of level 41 gear (100?).

    Yeah, I'm level 49 at the moment, which likely has a lot to do with it. I still don't like the mechanics of the encounter, though.

    PSN/XBL/Nintendo/Origin/Steam: Nightslyr 3DS: 1607-1682-2948
    Switch: SW-3515-0057-3813 FF XIV: Q'vehn Tia
    Commodore75
  • AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    I found the last fights to go from hard to trivial from 47-50 especially when I remember heroic moment exists.

  • Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Henroid wrote: »
    Made it as far as Anchorhead.

    Oh on my smuggler I mean. I'm pretty sure it (and the Operative) are my favorite classes mechanically speaking. Everything else has something janky or stupid about it. Though the Inquisitor / Consular haven't gotten my attention too much and they're okay so far.

    The Assassin Tanking and [non-Balance] Sorcerer is probably the most fun I've had in this game.
    I kinda wish there were a way to re-do class/planetary missions. I wish I had recorded my inq giving the end of corellia speech

    I wish they had a holo recording library that covered all of your class story (cut scenes).
    #MonetizeThis
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    emp123 wrote: »
    Your experiences with the final boss of the Knight story are vastly different from mine.
    I didn't grab T7s gear, although I saw the chest, because I didn't realize there was a puzzle to get it.

    I went into the fight with the Emperor expecting it to be fairly difficult, especially T7 was wearing whatever he had on how when I got Kira but I didn't have any issues, I don't think T7 even died.

    The fight left me mildly disappointed it was over so quickly. I feel like I missed a stage or two in a multi stage fight.

    Granted I was level 54 when I fought the Emperor and I think that probably had a great deal to do with the ease of my success. My gear was pretty shit though, 140 hilt and then a bunch of level 41 gear (100?).

    Yeah, I'm level 49 at the moment, which likely has a lot to do with it. I still don't like the mechanics of the encounter, though.

    The other day I heard there is a cheat that makes the fight easy. Not sure if it's been fixed.
    Don't do it. It cheapens the whole thing...
    At the beginning of the fight, mark the enemy.
    When clones happen, attack the marked enemy.

    Commodore75 on
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    emp123 wrote: »
    Your experiences with the final boss of the Knight story are vastly different from mine.
    I didn't grab T7s gear, although I saw the chest, because I didn't realize there was a puzzle to get it.

    I went into the fight with the Emperor expecting it to be fairly difficult, especially T7 was wearing whatever he had on how when I got Kira but I didn't have any issues, I don't think T7 even died.

    The fight left me mildly disappointed it was over so quickly. I feel like I missed a stage or two in a multi stage fight.

    Granted I was level 54 when I fought the Emperor and I think that probably had a great deal to do with the ease of my success. My gear was pretty shit though, 140 hilt and then a bunch of level 41 gear (100?).

    Yeah, I'm level 49 at the moment, which likely has a lot to do with it. I still don't like the mechanics of the encounter, though.

    The mechanics definitely threw me off since I had been smashing my way to victory for about 50 levels by that point and suddenly it didn't do any damage, but before I knew it everything was dead.

    I don't think I've hit the final boss of any class quest without being at least level 50 and that probably has a lot to do with the level of ease I see with every final mission.

  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I've been playing JK while inbetween missions on my Inquisitor. I really hope I can finish that story before September.

    Also: I'm a subscriber on Jedi Covenant. From the gist of what I've been reading, I take it there is something I can do to help out others? Something about referring?

    What's that about?

    Also again: I have a bajillion credits on my SI (working on getting that much on my Knight), so if anyone needs help, just ask Rhaevos.

    He might not even electrocute you :)

    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • HenroidHenroid Wear your damn plague masks! Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I need help understanding the flow of the Sith Warrior's talent specs.

    Juggernaut
    Immortal: Okay I get it, this is the "Take less damage" tree. You go into Soresu Form and have a cheap Retaliation. Aside from that do you just Sunder for rage and use the abilities you get in the tree?
    Vengeance: I'm under the impression this makes Force Scream your highlight ability.

    Marauder
    Annihilation: I like the 'sales pitch' of this tree in that you make things bleed and heal through it. I'm trying it right now at the recommendation of someone, but it's... not working out. I have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do for rotation. It feels very sub-par as I play it too.
    Carnage: This is a tree I was thinking of trying but just ended up not doing so. It looks like it makes Force Scream the thing to do too. I don't understand how significant the off-hand / extra hits from Juyo Form is though.

    Edit - Actually now that I think about it, I just kinda hate the resource system the Warrior / Knight have.

    Henroid on
    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night, 11pm PST - /henroidt on Twitch
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I don't know the tree names on the imperial side. Based on your remarks, sounds like Immortal would be the tank tree. Both Sunder and leap give you force (or rage I guess it's called on the Imp side). Also late in the game you get a clicky that refills your ammo. You can also build ammo by using your basic strike.

    Most Juggernaught tank skills do double and triple duty via the tank spec, so that you're not just doing damage but also putting shields on yourself, reducing the armor of your enemies, etc.

    The Juggernaught DPS spec I use is called smash spec - it's in the far right tree (again, I don't know what the trees are called on the imperial side). The far right tree is shared with marauder, and it's probably the best leveling spec for either advanced class. Annihilation is really only good at higher levels. The same goes for the Juggernaut's middle tree.

    Marauder is a more complicated class in general, but it's top DPS. Juggernaut is middle of the road DPS but easier to play then marauder. Also a top tank if you want to go that route.

    Cambiata on
    Elvenshae
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    Each tree in the Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior advanced classes conforms to a certain idea.

    With Juggernaut/Guardian, the left tree (Immortal/Defense) is, as Cambiata said, for tanking. You increase your armor, you sunder enemy armor, you reduce enemy accuracy, you slow enemy movement, that sort of thing. I find it quite easy to play on my Juggernaut, regardless of which companion I have out, due to sheer survivability. (This is helped by me having three crew skills and making my Juggernaut my Cybertech. At level 40, I have armor mods all the way up to level 47.)

    With Marauder/Sentinel, as you've discovered, the left tree (Annihilation/Watchman) is for doing bleeds and small self-heals as a result from bleed ticks. In theory, this would help with your survivability. I haven't played an Annihilation/Watchman character much, though.

    With Juggernaut/Guardian, the middle tree (Vengeance/Vigilance) uses Shien form, which is for doing single-target DPS. I haven't played this one much.

    With Marauder/Sentinel, the middle tree (Carnage/Combat) uses Ataru form, which is for doing single-target DPS... Having doggedly taken a middle-tree Sentinel to 55, I warn you against using middle-tree Marauder/Sentinel for leveling unless you respec after reaching level 45. Ataru form's bonus attacks don't trigger nearly often enough without the capstone ability. When they do, of course, you tear through enemies without much issue. It might not be as bad for Sith, because you get your healing companion much earlier.

    With Juggernaut/Guardian, the right tree (Rage/Focus) uses Shii-Cho form, which boosts both damage and defense, and the tree's abilities make heavy use of Smash/Force Sweep, which is an AoE attack.

    With Marauder/Sentinel, the right tree (Rage/Focus) uses Shii-Cho form, which boosts both damage and defense, and the tree's abilities make heavy use of Smash/Force Sweep, which blah blah blah blah blah. For leveling, the right tree is often seen as the best, especially for Marauder/Sentinel, because of how much trouble the other trees can have with multiple targets. I haven't played right tree as either Juggernaut/Guardian or Marauder/Sentinel much, and from what I understand they recently did a minor nerf to Smash/Sweep--apparently it doesn't do critical damage to any target but the primary anymore--but it's still very good, and notably Rage/Focus for both Juggernaut/Guardian and Marauder/Sentinel have long been known as "lolsmash" for ease of use.

  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I would just level as a tank (so, immortal.) The damage difference isn't really that large since your mods will just be end/str anyway, and you're much more durable as a tank than as a DPS.

    NREqxl5.jpg
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    I haven't played right tree as either Juggernaut/Guardian or Marauder/Sentinel much, and from what I understand they recently did a minor nerf to Smash/Sweep--apparently it doesn't do critical damage to any target but the primary anymore--but it's still very good, and notably Rage/Focus for both Juggernaut/Guardian and Marauder/Sentinel have long been known as "lolsmash" for ease of use.

    The nerf was only partial. It still does crits against strong and lower opponents, it just doesn't do crits against elites and enemy players, if they are not focused. So still works just as great for leveling as ever.

  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I just leveled in tank spec and let my dps companion kill everything. Lolsmash was not for me.

  • HenroidHenroid Wear your damn plague masks! Registered User regular
    My problem with the bleed/heal tree is that it suffers from a problem WoW had (and solved with Cataclysm): the tree's stand-out benefit isn't really felt unless you're damn near maxed in it. Until then it's just kind of a joke.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again; this game could do with a Cataclysm style revamp of the talent trees.

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night, 11pm PST - /henroidt on Twitch
Sign In or Register to comment.