As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mox Cafe Pin Pal meet-up at Prime?

FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
I know it's still several months away, but for those planning to attend Prime, who would be interested in a night of drinking, board games and pin chat at the Mox Cafe in Seattle?

We could reserve a private room, perhaps the Thursday night before the con? If there seems to be enough interest in this idea, I will put something together.

And for those who are not familiar what the Mox Cafe is, it is a small cafe attached to Card Kingdom, my favorite game store anywhere. You can order food and drinks, grab a demo copy of a game, and have a great time. cafemox.com/

• VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    I would be down. Probably a good idea to plan ahead if you want to secure a reservation.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just want to chime in and say this 'Cafe Mox' is the best idea I've ever heard for a gaming bar. I wish there was anything remotely close to it here in Australia.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Seriously, I'm so jealous you guys have Card Kingdom/Cafe Mox.

Not to derail the thread at all, but just want to say I'd totally be down for Boston pin pal meetups. I don't want to have to wait til PAX 2015 to trade pins again.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    surette wrote: »
    Seriously, I'm so jealous you guys have Card Kingdom/Cafe Mox.

Not to derail the thread at all, but just want to say I'd totally be down for Boston pin pal meetups. I don't want to have to wait til PAX 2015 to trade pins again.

I'd also be down for it.

And I wouldn't mind a PAX Prime meetup, but Thursday night for me is going to have to go to the final Tri Wizard Drinking Tournament, so I nominate pushing it to a night during the weekend :P

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    I'm down for this.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    During the weekend I'm sure we will all be at tabletop…or that is where I plan on being. I know that meeting up at the cafe would be a tabletop event too but still not sure if I'd be there if we did this on the weekend.

There is literally no one here that I can do table-top games with so I take advantage at PAX. haha.

• BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    I'm so down. Pins, games and food with PAX on the horizon? Yes please.

Take a look at my pins
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Wednesday and Thursday before PAX will be super busy for me personally, but I'd be totally down for something Monday or Tuesday evening.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    Sounds aaaawesome. Maybe a Monday or Tuesday night after-PAX why-is-PAX-over meetup :)

• VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    Count us in! I'm voting for the Wednesday pre- PAX... I think it's way to much fun hanging out in the Sheraton lobby till the wee hours.
    or Monday night... The enforcer after party is Tuesday night and I think most of us foreigners will have flown out by Wednesday (post-PAX).

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    Count me in as well but I have absolutly no idea when to have it. Between the panels, the other shows usually at The Triple Door, Parties, Concerts, etc... My nights for Prime tend to be booked as soon as the schedule comes out. So all in all... keep us posted?

Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    I would be amicable to this idea. A bunch of Omeganauts may also be renting the same night, so we'll see how this plays out.

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Juicesir wrote: »
    I would be amicable to this idea. A bunch of Omeganauts may also be renting the same night, so we'll see how this plays out.

BRING IT! /rolls up sleeves

Pinheads vs. Omegas. Top kek.

• BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    We outnumber them. Would be easy.

Take a look at my pins
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
  • VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    Just thought I'd pop in and get discussion on this going again now that tickets have gone on sale. I got mine, so I'm definitely game.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
    Word up.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    So... both rooms of the Mox are already booked every night that week :( We will still have a meet-up, but I need to look into alternatives.

I will start looking around closer to PAX Prime and see what places might be available.

• sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    Not sure how much location matters, but I know Pies and Pints in Ravenna is a super awesome place. They don't have rooms, but I bet they'd let us take over a part of it. I could ask them, if people were at all interested in going to Ravenna...

• odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    With less then 27 days to go, what are the plans for the meet up?

• gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    My wife and I would be available Monday evening.

Soooo.....Whats the plan for the Prime Meet up?

Great question lol. All I know we is the Mox was ruled out a long time ago. I feel like we should have a meetup Thursday evening. Pedro mentioned he was going to try and look into alternatives, but not sure if he's had time yet.

We always could meet up in the Sheraton Lobby.

• thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    On a side note, Jeff Kalles tweeted that he was going to be someplace Thursday night watching the Seahawks game and he should have his pin to trade.

https://twitter.com/Sellak/status/497473549716959232

And also this:

https://twitter.com/Sellak/status/499615746822262784

What Hotel and what day is everyone getting to PAX?? I will be there Wednesday around 5 at the Sharaton. If anyone wants to get some possible trading in. Also My bro and I might go rock climbing and go on the Seattle underground tour and also find the Bar Jeff will be at to trade early with him. If anyone else would like to join let me know!!

I'm staying thursday at the sheraton with another pinny pal.
    I'm down to trade

My Pin collection
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'll be at the Sheraton from Thursday to Tuesday, so I'm down to trade/chill whenever I'm around.

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
  • ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    Thursday? I'll be there as well. Not sure if I have a lot of doubles available to trade but I'll join you guys

YEAH!!!! GET EXCITED PEOPLE!!! PAX AND PINS ARE JUST 10 DAYS 16 HRS 12 MINS OUT AND COUNTING!!!!!

• adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Edit: Nevermind, I not read gud.

adambarg on
    ChMDm4Y.png
    odinson83 wrote: »
    What Hotel and what day is everyone getting to PAX?? I will be there Wednesday around 5 at the Sharaton. If anyone wants to get some possible trading in. Also My bro and I might go rock climbing and go on the Seattle underground tour and also find the Bar Jeff will be at to trade early with him. If anyone else would like to join let me know!!

The underground tour is on my to-do list for Thursday. If you're free that day, let me know and we can hit it up together. Anyone else down for that?

How about we do this lets meet up at the sheraton before the seahawks game and then we all go to the bar to trade pins with Jeff.
    I will be wearing my Pats Jersey just because.

My Pin collection
    darkinfero wrote: »
    How about we do this lets meet up at the sheraton before the seahawks game and then we all go to the bar to trade pins with Jeff.
    I will be wearing my Pats Jersey just because.

I second this motion. All in favor?

• ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    Aye!