As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Club PA exclusive pin

gbrooksgbrooks Registered User regular
Has anyone received/seen a Club PA exclusive pin yet? Anyone heard a ship date?

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Was talked about in the community thread awhile back. It isn't going out until after East (at the earliest). Between East and Prime is the estimate. You will surely get an email asking for an address. So, until that email happens, just sit tight.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    It wouldn't surprise me if they do it through the store, where you can only buy it with a unique code (similar to the KI Pins).

• foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    that would make sense they did say there would have some stuff for members only

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Tycho wrote:
    The comic we were attempting to make about Project Spark never materialized, and instead, this comic managed to peck its way out the of the shell. Kiko asked me if we had a podcast of this writing process, presumably because it would have been “interesting,” but we didn’t. And when I think about it, there is no causal chain that results in the strip. The strip is like something we found half-submerged in sand, complete and entire.

With Titanfall hitting on the 11th, I’m trying to crush a backlog that wants instead to grow.

I got it into my head that I wanted to wrap up Ironclad Tactics finally after a brutal stall, connected with the game’s difficulty and my own sloth and ineptitude. My subconscious had been hard at work though, and upon my return I was able to crack it - but they just dropped a rad campaign DLC for it, expanding the load somewhat beyond my original spec. The new Walking Dead episode is out, downloaded but with the seal still on, not even installed.

I have a sneaking suspicion, though, that the time up to the 11th is going to be taken up with Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

I liked the original Shadowrun campaign, I like Shadowrun basically. I’m from Seattle, you know? But I encountered various levels of paralysis connected with the inability to save when you wanted, and also to make different characters to accomplish increasingly granular, one-off objectives when I should have just committed myself to playing it twice. Dragonfall (which I got from backing it, anyhow) was a chance to just go with it - to go again, for the first time as they say. One of my favorite CRPG stories of all time, Shadows of Undrentide, was itself an expansion. You can feel stable development tools, even as a player: both of these are ambitious, second cracks at it that are enabled by experience. They’re Journeyman projects.

It’s nice to have Club PA rolling again; early access to things is essentially the touchstone, but it’s the early strips specifically that I think are the most interesting bit. For the Club PA stalwart, Penny Arcade now updates on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday - probably the biggest material change since the site’s inception. We are trying to figure out other ways to spoil that cadre, but in the meantime we’re collecting addresses so we know where to send the exclusivo Pinny Arcade pins for the $30+ crowd. Thanks for taking us up on it, it’s nice to know you are out there.

(CW)TB out.
    So, has anyone been contacted about their Club PA pin? The newspost implies they're getting addresses, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I imagine that given they didn't get everything for the launch sorted in time, this will be a largely manual process a la Killer Instinct Pin Challenges. I'm sure people will start posting when they have been contacted, so if you don't hear anything a week or so after the first post about it that is the time to be concerned. For now, patience is key. Of course, we are also waiting on PAX East so there is that.

• calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    Hey all! The address collection hasn't begun quite yet, but we haven't forgotten about it - just getting everything set up so it goes smoothly. Make sure your Club PA email address stays up to date (and doesn't filter to spam or something) and you'll hear from us there.

(What @redfield85‌ said)

• HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    PA Jamie wrote: »
    Hey all! The address collection hasn't begun quite yet, but we haven't forgotten about it - just getting everything set up so it goes smoothly. Make sure your Club PA email address stays up to date (and doesn't filter to spam or something) and you'll hear from us there.

(What @redfield85‌ said)

Excited to get it! My favourite pins are the ones that mark significant moments in Penny Arcade history (i.e. 15th anniversary, 10 years of PAX).

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    Wonder when this is gonna kick off... haven't heard much about it at all.

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    vaporware! lol

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Harder to acquire than the kickstarter pin!

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Was coming here to post this.

Now all I can do is comment about this.

"Yay!"

• PhoenixatPhoenixat Seattle, WARegistered User new member
    Yay! I joined Club PA just in time for a pin! :smiley:

• CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    Awesome! It's been too long since I got a pin package in the mail *cough*where's Sadira*cough*

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Hmm..almost considering signing up 3 more times to Club PA for mooorrrrre pinnnss..... *twitch*

Hmm..almost considering signing up 3 more times to Club PA for mooorrrrre pinnnss..... *twitch*

Well from what I gathered, anyone who subscribes for a full year will get 2 of the same Pin, since the subscription runs in 6 month intervals. One to keep, one to trade.

I'm hoping that the next ClubPA meet-up has wearing the Pin as a requirement to get in, secret society style. Password is Mork Krahollow.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking about getting two per year, one into my collection folder, the other into a shadow box that will eventually have every year's pin,

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »

Well from what I gathered, anyone who subscribes for a full year will get 2 of the same Pin, since the subscription runs in 6 month intervals. One to keep, one to trade.

I'm hoping that the next ClubPA meet-up has wearing the Pin as a requirement to get in, secret society style. Password is Mork Krahollow.

That kind of defeats the purpose of the $10 crew :wink:

Secret pin crew within the regular crew sounds fine by me though!

Bah, I forgot about them. Maybe the Pin just eliminates the need for the Secret Handshake.

• mightyh0bbesmightyh0bbes Subterranean Arcadian SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014

Bah, I forgot about them. Maybe the Pin just eliminates the need for the Secret Handshake.

10$ crew can go to pizza parties
    Secret pin crew gets warehouse access!

mightyh0bbes on
    www.paxsignaturegenerator.com:8080/signature.png

10$ crew can go to pizza parties
    Secret pin crew gets warehouse access!

That's so we can gaze in awe at the Pinitentiary, right?

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    so odd question...but if I sign up now (or this weekend or whatever) will I still be eligible to get in on this pin since the form hasn't gone out yet? Been meaning to join up since it went live and it's just slipped my mind :/ Thanks in advanced

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
    miker525 wrote: »
    so odd question...but if I sign up now (or this weekend or whatever) will I still be eligible to get in on this pin since the form hasn't gone out yet? Been meaning to join up since it went live and it's just slipped my mind :/ Thanks in advanced

No idea, but the six month cycle began around February. If they are doing it in set periods, you likely have a month or two. I'll add it to the FAQ I'm sending over soon.

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Thanks @PedroAsani . I plan on subscribing tonight or tomorrow morning (depending on when I get home) so I can let you know if I get the form whenever it gets out if that helps. A more official word would be great though

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
    edited June 2014
    Once you join, please go directly to the staff podcast area and truck through those. It is a requirement for being a member.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    yes the staff cast is the best perk

• Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure I'm down for subscribing for another 6 months when they have't fulfilled the requirements from the 1st go round.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
    they're collecting emails for first pin this week

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    And then they'll be collecting usernames for the forum badge!

:P

• mightyh0bbesmightyh0bbes Subterranean Arcadian SeattleRegistered User regular
    It's coming...

www.paxsignaturegenerator.com:8080/signature.png
    First off,

news_clubpa.jpg

Second, check your email. Address requests have been sent. Pins will ship within 1-2 weeks.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Just responded to mine, yay for finally getting this damn thing!

done! cant wait to get my hands on it!!

8fuuo_RK.png
    I am also a person who is doing the things.

just did mine

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    And on the upside, confirmation that we can get a 2nd in a couple of months (assuming we signed up early)

• KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    I can neither confirm nor deny that I may have done something.

On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • SuprshinSuprshin Registered User new member
    I just joined Club PA yesterday. Will I still be able to get the pin? :(

• AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Suprshin wrote: »
    I just joined Club PA yesterday. Will I still be able to get the pin? :(

As long as you subscribed to the $30 tier, you'll be fine.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    When is the cutoff date for this first ClubPA pin then? I hadn't seen it posted anywhere (since you said that the person will be fine). I know that the same pin will go out a second time later this year, but I assume Suprshin was talking about this first wave.