As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny arcade pin Value.

• VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Warning: Long-ass post

So I spent an hour or two collating all the data on eBay pin sales. EBay's archive only extends back to January of this year, so this is far from comprehensive, but this is a record of every single pin sold since then. Notably, not every pin has appeared on eBay in this time frame, so this data will only give us an incomplete picture, but it's particularly enlightening regarding the current batch of East pins.

So here we go. I've charted the final sale value of each pin over time, and took the average selling price, excluding clear outliers (more on those later). Some pins have only sold once or twice, and thus aren't particularly useful in calculating average sale price, considering they're single data points, but I'll list them anyway.

I've ignored pins that were purchased in a lot, as it's impossible to gauge values of individual pins bundled together. I've also ignored pins that were purchased through the "Best Offer" option, as the final sale price for these items is not made public. Otherwise, this is literally every single pin that's been sold since January. If a pin does not appear on this list, this means it has not appeared on eBay during this timeframe.

I'll go alphabetical, as it's easier.
    15th Anniversary: 13 total sales, averaging at $25.08. 1 notable outlier sold for $50.

Alien Homind: 1 sale, at $27

Anubis: 13 total sales, averaging at $24.39

Aus 2013 Logo: 2 individual sales, both for $130, from the same seller

Aus Kemper: 1 individual sale, for $134.99, from the same seller as above

Bard Rock: 1 sale, at $64.99

Bloody Bear: 2 sales, averaging at $26, plus one outlier at $9.98

Broodax Gabe: 3 sales, all for $65, all from the same seller

Cardboard Tube Samurai: 3 sales, averaging at $45.67

Cardinal: 2 sales, averaging at $27.50

Cat Guard: 1 sale, at $35

Chainsawsuit: 2 sales, averaging at $21.48

Chandra 1: 12 sales, averaging at $32.80. This pin is extremely variable, selling for as low as $16 one week and as high as $50 the next

Chandra 2: 12 sales, averaging at $48,80. Also extremely variable, selling for its lowest at $21 and its highest at $89 only one day apart.

Combo Breaker: 1 sold, at $9.98

D&D : 17 sales, averaging at $53.54, with 2 notable outliers, one selling at $100, and one at $135. The latter was the first listed, on Saturday, before the pin was officially supposed to be available.

Davey Crocket: 4 sales, averaging at $26.67, plus 1 outlier at $9.99

Draken: 2 sales, averaging at $25.47

Ellie: 6 sales, averaging at $48.66

Elspeth: 16 sales, averaging at $17.62.

Erika: 1 sale during East for $50, two pre-East for $25

Garruk: 17 sales, averaging $25.94, plus 1 outlier at $75. This one is interesting as it was neither the first Garruk pin put up on eBay nor posted during a Garruk "drought." Garruks sold within a few hours on either side of the $75 purchase were selling for ~$30.

Glacius: 1 sold, bundled with Supreme Victory, for $80.**

Golden Whale: 1 sale, at $21.50

Hanna: During/post East, 4 sales averaging at $83.72. Pre-East, 5 sales averaging $36.8. Hanna saw the greatest increase in sale price of any pre-East 14 pin, selling for her highest at $94.99 during East 14 and only $25 just two months earlier.

Hatty Hattington: 2 sales, averaging at $27.50

Hearthstone Cards: 28 sales, averaging at $31.13. 1 notable outlier, sold at $74.99, the very first Hearthstone pin sold.

Helmet Tycho: 3 sales, averaging at $57

Iota: 4 sales, averaging at $27.26

Jago & KI Logo: Always sold together, 10 sales, averaging at 37.81.

Jamie Dillon: 1 sale, at $45.

Jin: 1 sale, at $29.95

Josh Price: 1 sale, at $20.50

Juggernaut: 2 sales, averaging at $39.97

KI Fightstick: 5 sales, averaging at $65.59.**

Kiko: 2 sales, avering at $55

Leeroy Jenkins: 8 sales, averaging at $96.21.

Levin: 1 sale, at $50 during East, 2 sales pre East at $30

Merch (v1): 3 sales, at $20, all before the pin was retired

Merch (v2): 1 sale, at $50

Mike Fehlauer: 1 sale, at $22.50

Pax 10th Anniversary: 13 sales, averaging at $81.38.

Pax East Kemper: 1 individual sale, at $105

Pink Knight: 2 sales, averaging at $30

Pinny Arcade Logo: 8 sales, averaging at $37.93. Notably selling an average of $10 lower post East than pre-East.

Professor Pigglesworth: 3 sales, averaging at $34.33

Project Spark: 16 sales, averaging at $20.62.

Rayman: 3 sales, averaging at $26.84 post East, 5 sales averaging $16.09 pre East

Robert Khoo: 1 sale, at $21.61

Sabrewulf: 1 sale, at $40.00.**

Second Son: 22 sales, averaging at $20.42

Skull Fart; 1 sale, at $70 during East, 2 sales, at $45 pre-East

Star: 1 sale, $25

StripSearch: 3 sales, averaging at $100

Tabletop Tycho: 1 sale, at $105

Zane & Mercy: 1 sale, at $35

Zombie Tycho: 1 sale, at $75

FULL SETS

East Core 2013: 1 sale, at $325. Two were sold in lots that went for over $400.

East Core 2014: 9 sales, at $59.82. 1 notable outlier, at $175 (!), notable for the same reasons as Garruk, in that it was neither the first East 14 set sold or posted during a "drought."

Prime Core 2013: 2 sales during East, averaging at $77.5, 5 sales pre-East, averaging at $55.80

Aus Core 2013: 2 sales, averaging at $510, plus one notable outlier at $300, especially notable in that it was sold in a lot with an Aus 13 Scarf, Patch and Lanyard.)

Special mention, of course, to the DLC Kickstarter pin, which has sold 4 times since January, for the following prices, in order: $1025, $1025 (again), $1547.22, and $1600.

** The Killer Instinct pins all annoy/anger me for the same reasons. All of them are taking advantage of people who don't realize the pins are for sale on the official PA site (or will be, in the Fightstick's case). I think this needs to be made much more clear for future pins both in the Killer Instinct set and in future Pinultimate editions of games.

Assorted Musings:

Most pins that came out before East 14 saw a small, but noticeable, increase in value during East 14, which makes sense, except for Elspeth, who was actually selling at her lowest during East 14.

The most commonly sold pin of East 14 is the Hearthstone Card, by a wide margin at 28 total sales, almost doubling the next highest number pin, Garruk, at 18.

The East 14 pin worth the most money, according to eBay, is the Leeroy Jenkins pin, selling for almost $20 higher than even the Limited Edition 10th Anniversary Pin.

Chandra 2 has the highest disparity between final sale price, with a $68 dollar difference between the highest and lowest price. Especially notable in that these two auctions ended only days apart.

Of the Staff members with sold pins since January, Kiko demands the higher price, with one of his pins selling for $65. The next highest was Erika, at $50.

The single highest priced pin (excluding the DLC, of course) was the StripSearch pin, which sold for $135, $20 higher than even highly sought-after East 13 pins such as TableTop Tycho and Kemper.

The single lowest priced pin was the Second Son pin, with one copy selling for only $7.99. The next lowest was Rayman, with one selling for $9.99.

The final sales price of Jago and the Killer Instinct Logo had no noticeable difference whether the pins were sold with the book or not. In fact, the lowest selling set of Jago and KI logo sold for $19.99 and included the book, while the highest priced set sold for $47.00 and did not include the book.

The following East 14 pins have not yet seen a successful sale:
    Camp Weedonwantcha, MC Frontalot and the Behemoth Chicken Logo.

Vaanrose on
    Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I find all of this insane to be honest. We can basically turn our pins for profit for future pin purchases. Right? Or am I completely missing something? This is why I bought extra East 2014 sets. Those are the only things I planned to wait and see how much they run and see if I can make back some pin spending money.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    @Vaanrose And now I feel even worse about losing my Strip Search Pin at the Snapdoodle event. My emotions!

Take a look at my pins
  • InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    @Vaanrose Thank you for taking the time to compile all that for us. That is very interesting!

• surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the info! Super bummed knowing that 10th anniversary is going for ~$80... makes it that much more depressing that I wasn't able to snag one this year. Same for Leeroy, especially since I found him once during the weekend but wasn't able to get a pin.

On the flip side, knowing that Strip Search is second most valuable makes me happier about obtaining one at East from Tavis in exchange for an iced coffee. ;)

surette on
  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    surette wrote: »
    Thanks for the info! Super bummed knowing that 10th anniversary is going for ~$80... makes it that much more depressing that I wasn't able to snag one this year. Same for Leeroy, especially since I found him once during the weekend but wasn't able to get a pin.

On the flip side, knowing that Strip Search is second most valuable makes me happier about obtaining one at East from Tavis in exchange for an iced coffee. ;)
    That's awesome Tavis is awesome and so are the other strip search people.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    I'm going to come back to this thread in a couple of years.

On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Strip Search value should go down, since they were given like candy at East.

Also, the dlc sold for over 1700... Dang.

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Strip Search value should go down, since they were given like candy at East.

Also, the dlc sold for over 1700... Dang.
    I can see a few more going out to market and going between 1-2k. I know I will keep my DLC forever. Each pin is a memory.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • sirensiren Registered User regular
    Vaanrose wrote: »

So I spent an hour or two collating all the data on eBay pin sales. EBay's archive only extends back to January of this year, so this is far from comprehensive, but this is a record of every single pin sold since then. Notably, not every pin has appeared on eBay in this time frame, so this data will only give us an incomplete picture, but it's particularly enlightening regarding the current batch of East pins.

So here we go. I've charted the final sale value of each pin over time, and took the average selling price, excluding clear outliers (more on those later). Some pins have only sold once or twice, and thus aren't particularly useful in calculating average sale price, considering they're single data points, but I'll list them anyway.

I've ignored pins that were purchased in a lot, as it's impossible to gauge values of individual pins bundled together. I've also ignored pins that were purchased through the "Best Offer" option, as the final sale price for these items is not made public. Otherwise, this is literally every single pin that's been sold since January. If a pin does not appear on this list, this means it has not appeared on eBay during this timeframe.

15th Anniversary: 13 total sales, averaging at $25.08. 1 notable outlier sold for $50.

Chandra 1: 12 sales, averaging at $32.80. This pin is extremely variable, selling for as low as $16 one week and as high as $50 the next

Chandra 2: 12 sales, averaging at $48,80. Also extremely variable, selling for its lowest at $21 and its highest at $89 only one day apart.

D&D : 17 sales, averaging at $53.54, with 2 notable outliers, one selling at $100, and one at $135. The latter was the first listed, on Saturday, before the pin was officially supposed to be available.

Garruk: 17 sales, averaging $25.94, plus 1 outlier at $75. This one is interesting as it was neither the first Garruk pin put up on eBay nor posted during a Garruk "drought." Garruks sold within a few hours on either side of the $75 purchase were selling for ~$30.

Hanna: During/post East, 4 sales averaging at $83.72. Pre-East, 5 sales averaging $36.8. Hanna saw the greatest increase in sale price of any pre-East 14 pin, selling for her highest at $94.99 during East 14 and only $25 just two months earlier.

Hearthstone Cards: 28 sales, averaging at $31.13. 1 notable outlier, sold at $74.99, the very first Hearthstone pin sold.

Pinny Arcade Logo: 8 sales, averaging at $37.93. Notably selling an average of $10 lower post East than pre-East.

Rayman: 3 sales, averaging at $26.84 post East, 5 sales averaging $16.09 pre East

FULL SETS

East Core 2014: 9 sales, at $59.82. 1 notable outlier, at $175 (!), notable for the same reasons as Garruk, in that it was neither the first East 14 set sold or posted during a "drought."

Prime Core 2013: 2 sales during East, averaging at $77.5, 5 sales pre-East, averaging at $55.80

Aus Core 2013: 2 sales, averaging at $510, plus one notable outlier at $300, especially notable in that it was sold in a lot with an Aus 13 Scarf, Patch and Lanyard.)

Special mention, of course, to the DLC Kickstarter pin, which has sold 4 times since January, for the following prices, in order: $1025, $1025 (again), $1547.22, and $1600.

** The Killer Instinct pins all annoy/anger me for the same reasons. All of them are taking advantage of people who don't realize the pins are for sale on the official PA site (or will be, in the Fightstick's case). I think this needs to be made much more clear for future pins both in the Killer Instinct set and in future Pinultimate editions of games.

Assorted Musings:

Most pins that came out before East 14 saw a small, but noticeable, increase in value during East 14, which makes sense, except for Elspeth, who was actually selling at her lowest during East 14.

The most commonly sold pin of East 14 is the Hearthstone Card, by a wide margin at 28 total sales, almost doubling the next highest number pin, Garruk, at 18.

The East 14 pin worth the most money, according to eBay, is the Leeroy Jenkins pin, selling for almost $20 higher than even the Limited Edition 10th Anniversary Pin.

Chandra 2 has the highest disparity between final sale price, with a $68 dollar difference between the highest and lowest price. Especially notable in that these two auctions ended only days apart.

Of the Staff members with sold pins since January, Kiko demands the higher price, with one of his pins selling for $65. The next highest was Erika, at $50.

The single highest priced pin (excluding the DLC, of course) was the StripSearch pin, which sold for $135, $20 higher than even highly sought-after East 13 pins such as TableTop Tycho and Kemper.

The single lowest priced pin was the Second Son pin, with one copy selling for only $7.99. The next lowest was Rayman, with one selling for $9.99.

The final sales price of Jago and the Killer Instinct Logo had no noticeable difference whether the pins were sold with the book or not. In fact, the lowest selling set of Jago and KI logo sold for $19.99 and included the book, while the highest priced set sold for $47.00 and did not include the book.

Just a note, there is an additional DLC pin sale of $2300.

• 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    siren wrote: »
    Vaanrose wrote: »

FULL SETS

Assorted Musings:

Just a note, there is an additional DLC pin sale of $2300.

Actually there were two prior to January. One for $2300 and one I believe for ~$2500…but he as only looking at January ++ since that is all Ebay shows. If we looked back to September we would see much higher $$ on Ebay, but again we can't see that data.

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Nice break down Vaanrose.

BTW, for anybody still considering taking the plunge for a KI Pin Ultimate Edition the MS store has it on sale right now for $45.
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Killer-Instinct-Pin-Ultimate-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.287694100

• Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    Vaanrose, thank you for the analysis. Very interresting to read!

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »

BTW, for anybody still considering taking the plunge for a KI Pin Ultimate Edition the MS store has it on sale right now for $45.
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Killer-Instinct-Pin-Ultimate-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.287694100

Has anyone seen these in a physical store? I live in Canada and they won't ship to me, but I would consider picking one of these up.

Really should have checked when I went to the Shops at Prudential Centre during East earlier this month (there's a Microsoft Store in the middle), doh.

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    i tried to buy a ki and ship it to my pin pal in the us and no dice they are not on my people i like list at the moment

foehammer wrote: »
    i tried to buy a ki and ship it to my pin pal in the us and no dice they are not on my people i like list at the moment

You can't ship within the US from the US store? By any chance, are you a non-American using a non-American credit card?

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    @Headhunter if you want I will buy it for you and then remail it when it arrives.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Headhunter wrote: »

Has anyone seen these in a physical store? I live in Canada and they won't ship to me, but I would consider picking one of these up.

Really should have checked when I went to the Shops at Prudential Centre during East earlier this month (there's a Microsoft Store in the middle), doh.

I'm pretty sure any copies they had at stores got shipped back to the online store.

PedroAsani wrote: »
    @Headhunter if you want I will buy it for you and then remail it when it arrives.

I appreciate the offer! I do have family in the US that I could trouble for it too, if I end up getting one (on the fence about it). :)
    I'm pretty sure any copies they had at stores got shipped back to the online store.

Ah, that does make sense (hard to move a collector's item for a ~5 month old digital only game).

• DaveRHDaveRH Registered User regular
    Headhunter wrote: »

If you live near a border, there are typically post office drop boxes that you can get for pretty cheap t get us packages. It's great for all sorts of things, including this. If you don't live near a border, shoot me a pm and I can help you get one.

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    Well this should give us a pretty good value on the East 2013 set.

If there was any set I wish I had two of...still my favourite :)

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Yes in a sense, but in another sense you can't just the value of something over one auction. That is just my opinion though. (:

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    Oh of course, it's just more helpful when the auction is in the classic bidding style, we can see the level of interest and the range of bids. Maybe only 2 people are really going to pay over $300 and the next highest is $200 for example, that's pretty useful.

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I don't know if you can go back too much further with eBay searches to see what other prices the 2013 set got. All I see on American eBay is $197.50 (Auction) and $325 (Buy It Now). I think it basically has a decent value (and decent price) because we are further away from East 2013 and all the sets have settled (as in sold soon after PAX/traded for soon after PAX). The 2014 set is selling for like $50. I bet in time it will sell a bit higher. The more scarce the pins become (sold/trades are done with), the more their value goes up. Although, 2013 was the first PAX set ever, so there is that adding to its value as well.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • maywestmaywest Registered User regular
    I was lucky enough to attend PAX East last year, when the pins started, Prime 13 and PAX East 14. I could not find anyone to trade Aus pins with at either Prime or 14East. And I looked!

I did manage to get a full collection of the pins on the poster PA sent out last December; I brought the poster to 14East, and got all the PA members to sign it (except Ben, of course!) - it is now framed, and looks pretty sweet.

With the number of pins available at Prime last year, I don't think it is feasible to to collect all the pins. I do have pins to trade, but like lots of others, I don't know how to value them. EBay seems to vary quite a bit...

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Australia Pins do seem to have more rarity in the US by dint of simple geography, and I suspect the reverse can be said of The Great Death Island. I will try and redress this balance when I am there in November, by taking plenty of East and Prime Sets and trading them for Aus Sets.

As to valuing your trade Pins, really that is something only you can do. For all the information we gather about production numbers, the general availability of Pins and other miscellany, what they are worth is between you and the person you are trading with, even (perhaps especially) when it comes to cash.

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    My biggest issue as an Aussie is getting enough pins to trade. I have easy access to the Aus pins since I go to PaxAus, but getting the US ones as Pedro says is quite hard. If anyone wants to send me a bunch of their spare East/Prime spares I can take them to Aus this year and do trades on your behalf...

• odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    @Fitzchivalty You should join my pinny pal group. We need an Aus pal still. I would be willing to send you east and prime pins, if you would like to join message @Manic2k and include me in the message and we can make it happen!!

My biggest issue as an Aussie is getting enough pins to trade. I have easy access to the Aus pins since I go to PaxAus, but getting the US ones as Pedro says is quite hard. If anyone wants to send me a bunch of their spare East/Prime spares I can take them to Aus this year and do trades on your behalf...

I will be bringing over several East and Prime Sets just for this purpose. Transpacific trades are difficult, so hopefully we can get a bit more going.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    the pin pal groups are the best way for us Aussies to get pins if you are serious at collecting more than what is available online and at PAXAUS. Im sure i can speak for others as well but it has worked really well for me and my group so far this year.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Yup ive now joined a group. Got an East and 10th trade lined up. And of course we might just ignore that $150 I just dropped on ebay../cry

Oh well its an addiction now :expressionless:

• JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    Yup ive now joined a group. Got an East and 10th trade lined up. And of course we might just ignore that $150 I just dropped on ebay../cry

Oh well its an addiction now :expressionless:

ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

edited May 2014
    Juicesir wrote: »

ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

So between ebay and the store, I've just dropped like $400 in 2 days... GOD DAMN YOU SQUIRRELS WHY MUST YOU KEEP BITING... /cry

Fitzchivalry on
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    DW, i did a similar thing during prime last year...

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • NikadermisNikadermis Registered User new member
    My games company is currently considering producing a pin for pax Unplugged. Do most people buy pins because they are pins or do the collect because its new or only an image of something you know and like? How many of you might buy a pin from us?

• Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    Nikadermis wrote: »
    Do most people buy pins because they are pins or do the collect because its new or only an image of something you know and like?

Both.

There are pins that people who don't collect any other pin wanted/collected because of the game they were for or the image or the company. Good examples would be Overwatch and Twitch.

Then of course there are pins where it is probably likely that the majority of the people who purchased it did so because they just collect pins.

I am guilty of both. I typically try to collect 100% of the pins at West because I go to West every year. For the other shows I usually just get ones that mean something to me personally or have an appealing image.

• thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Nikadermis wrote: »
    My games company is currently considering producing a pin for pax Unplugged. Do most people buy pins because they are pins or do the collect because its new or only an image of something you know and like? How many of you might buy a pin from us?

Also, PAX Unplugged is a big unknown, we don't really know how many people will go, or how many pin collectors will be there. Some portion of pins will sell to people that just collect everything, and some will buy just because it looks cool.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited August 2017
    I can say pretty much all pin people like a good design. They may buy it anyway without for the collection, but a good design will see it talked about and desired a lot more even if they have no idea what game it was from before the pin came out.

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • unfununfun Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Example of good pin design by games that weren't well known to begin with: Thimbleweed Park and Edith Finch.

unfun on
  • teeketchteeketch MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Hey folks forgive me if this is against any forum rules as I've been out of here for a while now but I've recently had some life stuff come up prompting me to attempt to sell off my pin collection (sad yes, but I'd been drifting from collecting for a while) Anyways I'm trying to gather any info I can about the pins themselves, worth, fair asking price etc. If anyone has any resources or anything please let me know either here or a message. Also if this is against the rules then just delete this thanks.