As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Eric Pope and Dave Lang Thread Featuring Giant Bomb Dot Com

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    i'd rather watch binding of isaac

i piss on isaac constantly, but i've watched bisnap play it for well over 100 hours now. why am i broken

my guy-I've-watched-play-BoI-for-what-amounts-to-days has been Northernlion

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Alright, question.

So to the people who have taken some issue with the quality of Watch space Dogs presented in the Unfinished for it, what turned you off?

Not being snarky, I am genuinely curious.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Chincy.

How much time are you really going to spend keeping around 50 characters at approximately equal levels?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm still looking forward to Watch Dogs, I think it looks pretty damn good.

I am kind of confused by the fact that whenever gameplay footage surfaces people act like Ubisoft just took a dump in their mouth.

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Well first of all the game isn't about watching space dogs.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Isoldae wrote: »

Cosmo-the-Space-Dog.jpg

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Isoldae wrote: »

Cosmo-the-Space-Dog.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3lwbQe9aiI

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    You don't have to do that. You get a zillion characters in FEA, so if you miss a character or two, it really isn't the end of the world.

Tell that to Completionist Chincy

he is a tiny chinchilla that lives in my head and nettles at me until I get all the things

Also, he's a massive racist

I have slowly been killing Completionist Me, but it is difficult. Still drives me crazy sometimes.

In big open games I can ignore it now

But in tightly pathed shit like most JRPGs now?

No way

Also I have to keep every character at roughly equal level

and i thought being me was awful

Except for frederick who I don't use at all because its cheating

frederick actually becomes garbage pretty quickly

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    You don't have to do that. You get a zillion characters in FEA, so if you miss a character or two, it really isn't the end of the world.

he is a tiny chinchilla that lives in my head and nettles at me until I get all the things

I have slowly been killing Completionist Me, but it is difficult. Still drives me crazy sometimes.

No way

Real quick: use Frederick as little as possible. He's an invincible tank for at least half of the game, but he'll steal experience away from characters that really need it and it won't do anything for him.

Conversely, get Donnell to finish off as many enemies as you can.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Oh hey you're ahead of me there, good job.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Chincy.

How much time are you really going to spend keeping around 50 characters at approximately equal levels?

Until I beat the game or get bored

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I can tell you what is going to happen first

You are going to have a lot of duplicates of characters man, the game is balanced around people dying you are not going to have 50 unique dudes

This is basically you saying "I am determined to suffer as much as possible entering this game"

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I can tell you what is going to happen first

You are going to have a lot of duplicates of characters man, the game is balanced around people dying you are not going to have 50 unique dudes

This is basically you saying "I am determined to suffer as much as possible entering this game"

Listen

Some people gotta craft the best gear and get the ultimate weapon

I gotta have all the dudes and use all the dudes

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Not really equivalent

The game isn't designed for you to use absolutely everybody

Fifty dudes was not hyperbole, and you can only use what, like ten in any given battle?

DLC characters adds another fifteen or so as well

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    the characters are not meant to die you are meant to play perfectly

you can lose people but the idea is that losing a dude is a fail state. it's different from xcom.

for playing on normal I mean.

• Options
    I feel like you would enjoy games a lot more if you gave up on the whole "I am going to play this like I play other video games even if this video game makes that impossible" thing

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I feel like you would enjoy games a lot more if you gave up on the whole "I am going to play this like I play other video games even if this video game makes that impossible" thing

Its not impossible

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    rip in peace chincys sanity

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    My followup advice would be "Don't play Fire Emblem Awakening", because the way you would be forcing yourself to play it would make it a bad game.

• Options
    rip in peace chincys sanity

Completionist chincy murdered sane chincy long ago

• Options

Its not impossible
    Neither is beating dark souls with a ladle

It doesn't mean the game is designed around doing it

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

No way

Real quick: use Frederick as little as possible. He's an invincible tank for at least half of the game, but he'll steal experience away from characters that really need it and it won't do anything for him.

Conversely, get Donnell to finish off as many enemies as you can.

Yeah Fredrick has a high floor but a low ceiling. Donnel is basically the opposite.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I love that no matter what class you make donnell he always keeps the pot on his head

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    chincy has anyone told you about fire emblem awakening eugenics

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Alright, question.

So to the people who have taken some issue with the quality of Watch space Dogs presented in the Unfinished for it, what turned you off?

I know myself, and if what I see in that video is the framerate of the PS4 version it's gonna bug the shit out of me

The gunplay doesn't look satisfying in any way

I would get the game to check out the hacking and explore virtual Chicago and judge how accurate the train lines are harshly

That's not worth 60 bucks to me

When they knock it down to 40, we'll talk

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    be like smaug but with digital baubles

i am going to have all the items and all the levels in every game and I will roll around in them

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    chincy has anyone told you about fire emblem awakening eugenics

Yes

My particular disease doesn't care about being the best, just that I have all the things

Like I don't breed in pokemon, I just gotta have one of all of them

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Alright, question.

I know myself, and if what I see in that video is the framerate of the PS4 version it's gonna bug the shit out of me

The gunplay doesn't look satisfying in any way

I would get the game to check out the hacking and explore virtual Chicago and judge how accurate the train lines are harshly

That's not worth 60 bucks to me

When they knock it down to 40, we'll talk

Missed your post.

Thanks.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Are we telling Chincy that he is spending his leisure time incorrectly again?

Chincy: Shine on you crazy diamond.

• Options
    We are telling him that he is a madman that will no longer consider it leisure time if he continues down this dark dark path

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I've gotten used to it

• Options
    We are telling him that he is a madman that will no longer consider it leisure time if he continues down this dark dark path

This is also what people say about offline dark souls, speed runs, one type runs in pokemon....

people have fun with games different ways!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

I'd sooner pound a nail through my dick than play FFXIV and yet plenty of people in this very thread enjoy it.

Different strokes for different folks, if this is how Chincy derives his enjoyment from the game then that is that. It does not matter if this is how the designer intended the game to be played or not. It doesn't matter if Chincy beats the game or not. If he is having fun and feels his time is being well spent then it is all gravy baby.

• Options
    i'd sooner pound a nail through my dick than fight titan ex imo

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    To be fair, Chincy's playing on Normal Casual

pretty much anything he does will succeed.

As soon as he gets Master Seals he might as well sit back and relax. No need to min/max anything.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    So from what I gather the canon resolution to the Tribes franchise is that they all settled down and made a sports resort?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    It doesn't matter if Chincy beats the game or not. If he is having fun and feels his time is being well spent then it is all gravy baby.

I think people are noticing that he is not having fun, and are thus encouraging him to play a game in a way he might find more fun

of course this kinda slides into weird mocking on some peoples' part because, well, internet

e:

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    So from what I gather the canon resolution to the Tribes franchise is that they all settled down and made a sports resort?

?

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if Chincy beats the game or not. If he is having fun and feels his time is being well spent then it is all gravy baby.

I think people are noticing that he is not having fun, and are thus encouraging him to play a game in a way he might find more fun

of course this kinda slides into weird mocking on some peoples' part because, well, internet

e:

I'm having fun with the combat part

I'm frustrated with the part where the game seems keen to let me miss out on things

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

Well, he did just tell us he had no idea he could save in more than one slot, so in that sense he got things horribly, horribly wrong.

b1ehrMM.gif
This discussion has been closed.