As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Eric Pope and Dave Lang Thread Featuring Giant Bomb Dot Com

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    We are telling him that he is a madman that will no longer consider it leisure time if he continues down this dark dark path

This is also what people say about offline dark souls, speed runs, one type runs in pokemon....

people have fun with games different ways!

None of those are incorrect, but they are insane regardless.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    One type teams in Pokemon aren't insane at all

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    One type teams in Pokemon aren't insane at all

They're fun!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I was referring to Trippy lumping them in under the 'insane' umbrella, I have a bunch of single-type teams

PaperLuigi44 on
  • IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    All hat pokemon team best pokemon team.

xet8c.gif
    I played through x/y with ghosts only

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    frederick is real good, actually. even if you only use him for his pair up bonuses. he's not seth good(who is?) but he annihilates everything early game and with second seals him being promoted doesn't matter since you can reset him back to cavalier and keep leveling.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I probably should have done something to make x/y harder, stomping through the whole game wasn't super fun. I mean, it's built as a game that little kids should be able to beat, so it makes sense.

Watching workers help little kids through tough parts of the game at a Pokemon Center is still one of the cutest things I have seen.

I played through x/y with ghosts only

Spooo0000OOOo000oooky Ghosts!

The way to make X and Y harder is to turn off EXP Share, since that item is there to alleviate grinding.

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I ran an all water team in X

well, all water plus Xerneas

you can turn off the.. one that lets you switch when people change to a new pokemon. that ups the difficulty considerably

The way to make X and Y harder is to turn off EXP Share, since that item is there to alleviate grinding.

Needing to grind doesn't make a game harder, just more boring.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if Chincy beats the game or not. If he is having fun and feels his time is being well spent then it is all gravy baby.

I think people are noticing that he is not having fun, and are thus encouraging him to play a game in a way he might find more fun

of course this kinda slides into weird mocking on some peoples' part because, well, internet

e:

I'm having fun with the combat part

I'm frustrated with the part where the game seems keen to let me miss out on things

Honestly you're overstating it. There isn't all that much you can permanently miss, and it's easy to spot the recruitable characters. They'll even give you a line if you fuck up and kill them.

sig.gif
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I ran an all water team in X

well, all water plus Xerneas

Water is the best type.

Jars wrote: »
    you can turn off the.. one that lets you switch when people change to a new pokemon. that ups the difficulty considerably

Ah that's an option? Yeah that would have been a good one to change. Been so long since I played Pokemon I just thought that that was how things were.

Inquisitor wrote: »

Needing to grind doesn't make a game harder, just more boring.

Well duh, it depends on when you turn it off, since it's very helpful for the early parts when you're Pokemon have barely any moves. And yeah, turning off free switching on KO is another way to make the game harder.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I'm so close to an all turtle team in pokemon. I just need one more

Torterra
    Torkoal
    Blastoise
    Carracosta
    Lapras

I just need one more.

X22wmuF.jpg
    I restarted and Already got to like chapter 5

Yaaay

I was going to pair up my guy with Sully because she's the best, but apparently that pairing's dialogue mostly revolves around vomiting which is kinda weird

back in gen 4 I had a competitive team that had 4 water types and was quite beastly. people were not prepared for sweeper empoleon

• IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

Torterra
    Torkoal
    Blastoise
    Carracosta
    Lapras

I just need one more.

This is close:

250px-213Shuckle.png

xet8c.gif
    I am grass types all the way. They even get a field move now!

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Torterra
    Torkoal
    Blastoise
    Carracosta
    Lapras

I just need one more.

713.png
    ?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, Avalugg has the special defence of wet paper but if you're counting Lapras I'd count that.

e: Or Shuckle, that works too

PaperLuigi44 on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Shuckle is not a turtle.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    ghosts are the realest pokemon

everyone knows it

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    @Somestickguy‌ I read your thing about your Ipod and the picture in it made me think of System Shock 2

dscn2879.jpg?w=300&h=225SS21.jpg

Made me chuckle.

What the hey

I've never even played System Shock 2!

Somestickguy on
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

everyone knows it

Psh.

They can't even eat.

sig.gif
    SimBen wrote: »

everyone knows it

Psh.

They can't even eat.

Yeah they can

They eat apples

I mean pokemon food

everyone knows it

Psh.

They can't even eat.

Yeah they can

They eat apples

I mean pokemon food

ok

sig.gif
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular

everyone knows it

Psh.

They can't even eat.

Yeah they can

They eat apples

I mean pokemon food

they eat DREAMS

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular

everyone knows it

Psh.

They can't even eat.

Yeah they can

They eat children

I mean pokemon food

Only death gods eat apples, jeeze.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    guys gmod is really fun

we should all just play on a gmod sandbox server, maybe gm_freespace03, thats a good map.

play the blind spawn game

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Gary's mod PA stream

The teams have 30 minutes to outfit a vehicle for combat, then fight to the death on a circular platform above map

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    here is how i like to play gmod with friends

everyone opens up their spawn menu, the construction props tab. everyone closes their eyes and clicks and scrolls randomly till they spawn like 6-7 items (number can be whatever)

then they open their eyes and gotta build something with whatever they ended up spawning. tools and chairs for vehicles and thrusters and stuff are fair game

then everyone makes the coolest shit and fucks around till you do it again when you break everything

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Me and Farg
    vs
    Stilts and Speed
    vs
    Chincy and Unbreakablevow (team bad opinion)

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Alright, question.

So to the people who have taken some issue with the quality of Watch space Dogs presented in the Unfinished for it, what turned you off?

Not being snarky, I am genuinely curious.

The frame rate looks SUPER janky but A. that could be the capture and B. it's a ubisoft game, what did I expect anyway

Other than that, it looked fun

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
    i did this twice just now on a public server!

first time i ended up with a desk, two telephone poles, and a ragdoll, which i made into a weird podracer type contraption with cool glowy bits that had the ragdoll being dragged behind leaving a blur trail

second time i got two truck wheels, a desk, and a chair. I made this into a light show where i attached the two wheels to the top of the desk via motors, tied various lights to the wheels, and put the chair on top. when activated it would just sorta freak out and make pretty shapes and colors

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Melding wrote: »
    Shuckle is not a turtle.

We're going by very loose definitions here

This discussion has been closed.