As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Eric Pope and Dave Lang Thread Featuring Giant Bomb Dot Com

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Shuckle is not a turtle.

We're going by very loose definitions here

SHUCKLE IS NOT A TURTLE!

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I used to play space build, which had you stranded on the only planet with habitable atmosphere

You had to build a space ship capable of generating enough air to keep you alive in space

I figured out how to spawn the other planets as items and recreated scenes from Armageddon instead

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Shuckle is not a turtle.

SHUCKLE IS NOT A TURTLE!

It's name is based on Shuck and Turtle

Shuckle is totally a turtle

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Shuckle is not a turtle.

SHUCKLE IS NOT A TURTLE!

It's name is based on Shuck and Turtle

Shuckle is totally a turtle

it is a bug that lives in a rock. it is not a turtle. It's like a weirder hermit crab.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Something dumb is happening in Chicago right now.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait, I've got it.

@turtleant Five turtles on your team and 1 Durant

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    LETHAL LEAGUES COMING TO STEAM

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Uhhh, shuckle is clearly a combination of the word shuck (meaning pod) and barnacle, not turtle.

His name in Japanese is tsubotsubo, tsubo meaning jar, and fujitsubo being a barnacle.

He's probably based on endoliths, a type of fungi that live rocks, which is why he is known as a mold pokemon.

Like duh guys, come on.

Inquisitor on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Does the trend of all these local-multiplayer focused games actually ending up with online count as a backlash

Crawl will have online, Broforce has online, Lethal League straight-up has GGPO

6F32U1X.png
    LETHAL LEAGUES COMING TO STEAM

Is it hitting any consoles? Because it would be radder on a console.

@turtleant four turtles on your team, 1 Ratacate, and 1 Weavile

Inquisitor wrote: »
    Uhhh, shuckle is clearly a combination of the word shuck (meaning pod) and barnacle, not turtle.

His name in Japanese is tsubotsubo, tsubo meaning jar, and fujitsubo being a barnacle.

He's probably based on endoliths, a type of fungi that live rocks, which is why he is known as a mold pokemon.

Like duh guys, come on.

Turtle racist

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    glad to see that giant bomb chicago is still a giant shitshow

Like duh guys, come on.

Turtle racist

I miss my pet turtle. Looking forward to seeing him again soon, watching him stretch out in the sun, maybe giving him a little head scratch is if he is in the mood for it.

In a shocking fit of originality I named him Tortimer.

of course dave lang has beaten sneak king

• SSGN727SSGN727 USS MICHIGAN Floating CalmlyRegistered User regular
    Apparently, I may have inadvertently been in the Lang Zone as he was at the Master Pancake's riffing of Independence Day last year. Disappointed I didn't realize that at the time. Also, Max's fanboyism for KC Green is great.

Steam | Twitch Stream | Youtube Channel | NNID: Soapdish
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    What happened

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

Like duh guys, come on.

this whole mess could have been avoided if they'd just named him the obvious Jarnacle

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Max Temkin has adopted the role of Giant Bomb Heel

6F32U1X.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Max Temkin has adopted the role of Giant Bomb Heel
    Is this one of those subscriber only streams?

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I got a charlie horse in my left arm.

Because my buddy and I got bored and took turns punching eachother's shoulders.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

@turtleant Five turtles on your team and 1 Durant

Oh fuck, duh! Why didn't I think of that?

@turtleant four turtles on your team, 1 Ratacate, and 1 Weavile

Replace Weavile with Bisharp and we're golden.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    He punches harder than me...

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Dave Lang wrote:
    Is this anime?

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    What happened

nothing in particular

just a general level of production incompetence

also TRV I promise to post in our 13th age game soon

also TRV I promise to post in our 13th age game soon
    If you don't I'm breaking up with you

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    so, wait. is HFIL the home for infinite losers, or a home that holds infinite losers?

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Both! They need room for all of those losers.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    @Chincymcchilla Keep playing FE:A how you want bro. It might seem a bit annoying but get used to looking at the bottom screen a lot- it's legitimately useful information and when they give you tips they are there to be very handy (like about using Chrom to talk to people). 95% of the people you recruit during the game you have to talk to them with Chrom. The only ones you don't I think are either DLC or really obvious at the time, and even then I think you can still use Chrom to recruit them anyway. If you see someone on the map who is green (neutral) or who has their own name but isn't a boss then talk to them with Chrom. Some of them (like Tharja) can be a bit tricky to get without killing them first, but you'll work it out I'm sure.

As for playing the game the completionist way- I did exactly that, except on classic. To me, losing anyone was unacceptable, and I reset my game a LOT of times to restart missions from losing characters. I also had to get every item, every character, do every side quest. I still haven't finished it because one of the extra missions involves pitting like 30 of your guys against like 100 enemies and I need to go grind all my extra characters so I can actually finish that one before I do the final battle.

So it's entirely possible to get everyone and lose no-one, but it's going to take a lot of time on your behalf, which is why I so strongly suggest using the information the lower screen gives you- it's extremely important and useful for getting the most out of your guys.
    Only death gods eat apples, jeeze.

Man those death gods love their apples

Anzekay wrote: »
    @Chincymcchilla Keep playing FE:A how you want bro. It might seem a bit annoying but get used to looking at the bottom screen a lot- it's legitimately useful information and when they give you tips they are there to be very handy (like about using Chrom to talk to people). 95% of the people you recruit during the game you have to talk to them with Chrom. The only ones you don't I think are either DLC or really obvious at the time, and even then I think you can still use Chrom to recruit them anyway. If you see someone on the map who is green (neutral) or who has their own name but isn't a boss then talk to them with Chrom. Some of them (like Tharja) can be a bit tricky to get without killing them first, but you'll work it out I'm sure.

As for playing the game the completionist way- I did exactly that, except on classic. To me, losing anyone was unacceptable, and I reset my game a LOT of times to restart missions from losing characters. I also had to get every item, every character, do every side quest. I still haven't finished it because one of the extra missions involves pitting like 30 of your guys against like 100 enemies and I need to go grind all my extra characters so I can actually finish that one before I do the final battle.

So it's entirely possible to get everyone and lose no-one, but it's going to take a lot of time on your behalf, which is why I so strongly suggest using the information the lower screen gives you- it's extremely important and useful for getting the most out of your guys.
    Only death gods eat apples, jeeze.

Man those death gods love their apples

I'm playing on casual but forcing myself to reset if I lose people on main battles

This way I can just throw shit at the wall on random battles and level up quicker without stressing

I'm pretty sure I reset my game about 30 times in the process of getting Donnel because I wanted him to get a level. That was... Quite something.

I'm pretty sure I reset my game about 30 times in the process of getting Donnel because I wanted him to get a level. That was... Quite something.

I was able to get it 3rd try but yeah getting him the first few levels was a pain in the butt

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    getting donnel a level is pretty easy on classic, pair him up with a mounted unit and use them to move to wounded units so he can pick them off

Yeah that's what I would do, but I kept having to find a way to arrange everyone such that he wouldn't then get killed, or that I'd lose someone else. Whatever the highest difficulty was, was pretty hard.

I was still getting used to the game, too. I'm actually not sure I'd worked out pairing up yet, since I don't believe I'd hit the mission with the tutorial for that yet.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    it comes after the mission where you're taught about pairing up

Yeah that's what I would do, but I kept having to find a way to arrange everyone such that he wouldn't then get killed, or that I'd lose someone else. Whatever the highest difficulty was, was pretty hard.

I was still getting used to the game, too. I'm actually not sure I'd worked out pairing up yet, since I don't believe I'd hit the mission with the tutorial for that yet.

The pair up mission is before that sidequest unless you can force it earlier

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Bombcast Rewind has been down for a week.

So there's Bombcast Rewind Revengeance

Hullis wrote: »
    it comes after the mission where you're taught about pairing up

Well, then I probably did pair him up! I think it was just a really hard mission for me at the time. Lunatic is really crazy in some places.

This discussion has been closed.