As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DayZ Standalone] Early Access now available on Steam

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    And i'm on the anti rocket train too. Great idea- but He regularly forgets its a game. IE - he WANTS to lock the day night cycle so that people who have jobs never ever play during the daytime in game. He didnt see this as an issue for the longest.
    This is just ridiculous. The reason he wanted a full day/night cycle was because of immersion, and more importantly because with the future plans of implementing farming and other systems that are directly related to time cycles it's not a trivial issue of just "oh man people hate night, lets change it." And guess what, they did change it any ways, because he realized that the way it was sucked. And you're also crazy if you think people with jobs never played during the day, it's always been a server setting to at least off set the day/night cycle. There's also a difference between seeing something as an issue and a priority, and something Rocket does is try his best not to jump on the easiest solution, especially if it interferes with immersion.

You guys are just really misinformed and jumping to some pretty childish "anti-rocket" conclusions, as is often the case I see with people hating on him. There's plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike the guy, but making up shit about how he just wants to screw people with jobs? Seriously?

Any ways sorry to rain on the Rocket hate train, I'll crawl back to the SE thread where people actually do some research before hating on things. Except Buttcleft, who brought me here. Damn you Chuwero.

It perfectly illustrates that he is rigid in his ideals even when night is broken graphically, and people don't want be to locked into night. his reasons don't matter. Most people that have jobs (the vast majority) have a set schedule between 7-7thier time zone most days. If you cant see how that auto locks dudes into night only play if rocket went through with locked time.... Sorry? It may not be your problem but for the majority of working folk.... it may be a large issue. And i chose an example where the team and 'whiners' won out and he capitulated. But for long time he did not.

Name call and then declare your intent to leave. Well.....Bye.
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    DayZ's current sales number are just proof that you can make a large amount of money on name alone, nothing to do with quality.

You also have to ensure you put out a good product or you'll never be able to do that again in the future. Nobody will want to invest in a game by guys who took millions and put out a terrible product.

I think with dayz its the mere idea of it not the game. its the raw openness of it- the 'social media'/youtube movies of it. People are rightly flocking to its wild wild west craziness....

DayZ has never run well... like ever right? i mean... its never been about quality vs great ideas no one has bothered to implement prior.

You could get into a very very large debate about how early access is a pox on us and its only getting worse as you buy 1/4 and 1/2 completed games... but thats a story for another thread. But they can hide behind 'it's an alpha' while they have your money. The counterpoint being 'you paid for it knowing this' being utterly 100% stone cold valid.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    The simple fact that DayZ: The Mod is insanely popular and yet the game it is based on is, uh, niche to say the least (as much as I love ArmA I could never call it popular :P ) does show, IMHO, that people are absolutely in love with the idea of DayZ and are willing to put up with lots of bull crap to experience it.

To be perfectly honest, once the modding community is able to sink their teeth in to Standalone I could care less what Rocket/The Devs do with the base game.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Im not seeing the fast respawning zombies?

I am seeing them being faster moving and ready to leap at a moments notice.

And i'm on the anti rocket train too. Great idea- but He regularly forgets its a game. IE - he WANTS to lock the day night cycle so that people who have jobs never ever play during the daytime in game. He didnt see this as an issue for the longest.

Grand ideas a game maketh not. It has to be playable.

And Hicks and some of the other folks on the project are BALLERS. I cant wait till its turned over to the team.

dude, what server are you on? Every town I go to I get mobbed. Yes I'm using the fire axe so as to be quiet. Yes I'm skirting them as much as possible. But they're instant agro, so the second one is on me, they're all on me and I'm forced to give up looting.

Like I said earlier. Love the game. Wake me up when they fix zombies and lag.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm generally far far north. Svetlo NE AF NW AF and on and on.

I think i get what you were referring to now.... svetlo is pretty rough.... if you agro 1.... you aggro'd 5.

But yeah.... I have a op end pc and every patch seems to take frames away... not add them :D

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm generally far far north. Svetlo NE AF NW AF and on and on.

I think i get what you were referring to now.... svetlo is pretty rough.... if you agro 1.... you aggro'd 5.

But yeah.... I have a op end pc and every patch seems to take frames away... not add them :D

I have no idea where I am lol

I generally follow around a group of friends that have (for the most part) been playing a lot longer than I have. We all kind of agree that the game needed more zombies .... just not on a 2 second spawn timer with instant agro.

Couple that with the fact that the lag is so bad in cities, I'll occasionally find myself bleeding before I even see the zombies. Since for the most part, looting a town ends up getting me less than I already had, the game has turned into a fantastic walking simulator.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    ahahaha they fixed the sodas!

That always bugged the hell out of me

• Options
    VedicIntentVedicIntent Registered User regular
    Whatever you say about his development process, Rocket has stuck to his principles about what he wants the game to be. Certain choices obviously worked less well than others in working toward his goal, but DayZ has always been extremely unapologetic about what it is.

Personally, I've always been mystified by his love of the RV engine. I can't think of a more effective way to alienate players from the outset than with the unique weirdness of the Arma experience. It made sense to use the built-in realism for a mod, but I wonder how things would have turned out with a less fiddly engine.

VT09mOz.png
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    DayZ on Frostbite or Source?

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »

Neither; it's Bohemia's engine. I'm pretty sure it uses the same engine as ARMA3: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Virtuality_(game_engine)

• Options

Neither; it's Bohemia's engine. I'm pretty sure it uses the same engine as ARMA3: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Virtuality_(game_engine)

DAYZ SA uses "lets fly helicopters" engine which is a heavily modified Arma 2 engine. It is not the Arma 3 engine. Which is funny as forward porting DayZ(mod) is apparently pretty easy... but a team of lawyers will be visited upon you if you do. The eula for dayz or arma 3 expressly forbids forward porting the mod.

And i think it was a question. Give me the frostbite engine. Blow holes in the walls of the houses to leave them.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular

DAYZ SA uses "lets fly helicopters" engine which is a heavily modified Arma 2 engine. It is not the Arma 3 engine. Which is funny as forward porting DayZ(mod) is apparently pretty easy... but a team of lawyers will be visited upon you if you do. The eula for dayz or arma 3 expressly forbids forward porting the mod.

And i think it was a question. Give me the frostbite engine. Blow holes in the walls of the houses to leave them.

But...I saw Frankie playing a flavor of DayZ on ArmA3. The lawyers are too late.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Anyone wanna go hunting tonight? People need to die. we need to kill them.

8 est?

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    I think the jankiness of the engine and all the problems are part of DayZ's appeal. I've been playing a lot since the mod first started (it's my most played game on Steam by a long way) and the stories often come from the weird bugs, it's part of the charm. Like all my fond memories are of jeeps breaking all their wheels when they go over the damn and my little van exploding when it hit an invisible wall and losing hours of progress by clipping through a barrier off the edge of a tower block. It doesn't sound fun but somehow it is with groups - it's adversity and it creates bonds between the players as you all exist within this space.

I like the fact Bohemia/Rocket have explicitly said on the store page not to buy this game yet, and yet people do and then complain that it's not as good as they'd like. It's not finished - it's nowhere near being finished - but if you go into it with an open mind there is a lot of fun to be had, and an experience that still feels unique - even despite all the other games popping up in roughly the same genre.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    übergeek wrote: »
    But...I saw Frankie playing a flavor of DayZ on ArmA3. The lawyers are too late.

Probably Breaking Point.

There's nothing stopping people from making new zombie mods for Arma 3.

• Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    Latest announced weapon:

Walther P38
    7MXCG.jpg

Not sure I agree with that choice. Sure I like that it's a non tacti-cooled out handgun and think it's awesome that it's a low capacity gun, but why pick something German from the late 30s? Something like the Zastava M70 (9mm Tokarev TT) or the compact version the M88 from Yugoslavia would have been more appropriate (especially since the SKS is a Yugo version).

F1YM70a.jpg

capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    Well, I finally died lol

It was glorious!

My 2 friends and I unknowingly ran afoul of a squad of 5

My friend was shot unconscious in the opening salvo and I killed his killer. I was then shot by the second of 5. My friend somehow came back from unconsciousness and avenged me. Then he was killed by the other three who had just arrived.

As they were looting our bodies, my other friend climbed atop the Air Traffic roof via ladder and laid waste to the other three with his M4

good times good times

now to gear back up!

my total KD ratio ended up being 10-1

• Options
    VedicIntentVedicIntent Registered User regular
    A buddy and I tried out the game recently, and had a pretty successful run. We came up on NEAF and noticed a zed glitching through the wall of the western jail, hassling (what we though was) a dude inside. Turns out to be 3-4 dudes, and my friend gets mowed down after going Scarface in the front doorway with his M4; he downs two in the process. I was covering our rear from outside, so they hadn't seen me. I sneak up and pop around the corner to unload my SKS into the hallway, retreat to drop it and pull out my long-barrel shotgun, and have a (confusing, laggy) firefight with the last guy standing.

He puts me unconscious, but I wake up 10 seconds later while he's patching himself (yay the bug is fixed). Bleeding, I rush with my magnum and put two rounds in the guy before I'm dropped for good by one of their guys who apparently woke up just like I did.

The two of us respawn and hoof it back to NEAF about an hour later. We find the hallway littered with dozens of ruined food tins, magazines, gear, and ammo, which was immensely gratifying. Sure we got killed, but they had us outnumbered and got a good bloody nose for the trouble.

VT09mOz.png
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Definite good times tonight. Here's an AAR:

I log on and @Trask and @Vedic are paired up. Shortly after logging in @BeornK joins us. @BeornK‌ joined us in Berezino and we scouted the city looking for action.

Were hanging out near the tank memorial and see a guy running from north to south. We think he's trying to flank us so we open fire on him and KOS him. I got a lucky hit with my shotgun from about a block away and the other 3 opened up on him with M4s and an SKS. His body showed he was armed with a gun, but only a .22. I think the general consensus is that we should have tried to shout him down.

We work a bit north to check out the hospital. Shots are fired at @Vedic who had climbed up on the roof and he escapes to the stairwell where I'm covering the bottom. @Trask and @BeornK scout the outer areas of the hospital but don't find anything. We escape out the East side and hide out in the grocery store to the SE. @BeornK‌ and I cover the rear and @Vedic is hit and killed while at the front entrance. We run.

We start skirting around the E and SE to come up around where we think the shots came from (the W). While we are doing this, we run into a bambi who complained he was just sniped also and pointed out where the shooter was. @Trask and @BeornK surround the house and I see the shooter in a window. I open up with the 12ga and can't confirm any hits. When they get upstairs, no body. :(

@Vedic is now working his way towards us from the N and the rest of us move alone the NW treeline outside of Berezino to head N to Khelm. We meet up with @Vedic and in a short but tense extraction, @Trask saves @Vedic's skin yet again. ;)

At Khelm we run into another bambi. We feed him, tell him where some gear is, and send him on his way. When he's leaving he tells us he had just gotten killed at the NEAF. We part ways. Leaving, @Vedic and I acquire SKSs but dont' have any ammo. Since he just died, I've loaned him my revolver and I've sawn off my shotgun so I can easily carry it and the SKS.

On our way N to the NEAF, @Vedic randomly encounters the same Bambi. At this time, he's found a mosin and is still friendly with us. We arm him with a long range scope, some ammo and other gear and we all agree to try and retake the NEAF to avenge his death. He tell us his name, Chihuahua, but I just call him Chewy. "I'm pretty good with the Mosin" he says. Sure...

Working through the trees S of the NEAF Chewy notices movement through his scope at the ATC and hangers. Working closely with @BeornK as a spoter they start moving into a firing position. @Vedic, @Trask, and myself start flanking around the W.

Shots ring out and Chewy claims his first victim. We keep moving forward. @BeornK is relaying everything to us that Chewy sees and we relay to him where we're moving to praying we don't get hit by friendly fire.

"He sees at least two in the ATC". More shots ring out, "he's hit another!" Okay, this Chewy guy is a really good shot.

Closer and closer we work to the ATC. Chewy keeps the fire up. We clear the jail area, then proceed past the two hangers. At this point @Vedic (armed only with a revolver and me only armed with a sawn off) says "Fuck this, I'm charging in." "Me too!" I say not expecting to do much with my castrated shotgun. We flank around to the entrance of the ATC and @Trask gets into a brief but vicious firefight. @Vedic chimes in, @Trask is hit but he's okay.

@Trask starts yelling at them over direct comms, "We have you surrounded! Drop your weapons and come out!"

During the lull, I climb the ATC ladder and cautiously enter the ATC from the top floor. Right when I'm about to surprise sex them with my sawn off, I hear "They've surrendered, anyone have an extra set of cuffs?"

I did, and we cuff two fellows with yellow hard hats. They had stashed their weapons behind the stairs so I clear the ATC and secure all their ammo and weapons. Vedic and I finally have rounds for our empty SKSs.

We're BSing with our two captives and they're giving props to Chewy who had shot them both but didn't kill either. The one Chewy did kill was a random who was trying to make a run for it. They were being pretty cool about being captured.

Then our chatter is cut short by the sound of M4s going off. Chewy and I take cover in the ATC tower using it's staircase windows to spot. He spots someone in the shack between the ATC and the hanger. He takes a shot, misses, and I see the door close to the shack.

More tense moments as I cover the door and Chewy runs off to get up close and personal. Everyone else stacks against the door and a tug-of-war ensues. Door partially opens, shots fired, door closes. Rinse. Repeat. Finally Chewy and @Vedic start moving around the rear door to flank. The front door swings wide open. @Trask lays the hammer down and drops a guy on the right and I open up on another who ran across the opening plugging him with 3-4 SKS shots. The whole time our two cuffed captives are cheering us on from the ATC near me. I was so worried they'd wiggle free and mug me!

Silence ensues and the crisis is averted.

The two in the shack were geared up pretty well. I dump my SKS for a tricked out M4 and grab a lot of ammo off them. We uncuff our captives, give them a random yet successful blood transfusion, and send them on their way with extra food yet no ammo.

We then all decide to call it a night and leave the NEAF to log off.

Probably the most fun I've had playind DayZ.

Capsaicin on
    capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    logged in last night .... apparently directly next to a zombie (even though I was in a forest) who aggrod on me before any of my gear was loaded up. So long to all my gear!

I'm about done with this damn game till they fix their obviously broken zombies.

I think their 'test' has gone on long enough.

• Options
    BeornKBeornK Registered User regular
    We had a lot of fun player interaction last night. Trask and I got intel on a probable sniper in Berizino. Then I ran into that random bambi with a bat in Kelhm. He(chewy) was certain I was gonna murder him to. His reaction when we rolled up the group at the fountain was great. I was really surprised how well things worked out with that random guy. Really glad we made contact originally when he didn't have a gun so I didn't plug him... It was really fun watching "I'm pretty good with a mosin" take those shots. Settled his breathing, 300+ meters 1s shots through gaps in the foliage to hide his position. Acting as spotter was "entertaining". I'd have suppressed from that range but it would been dubious to get kill shots at that distance with the m4 and irons. It was good that I was there with him, as he drew some agro for my m4 to handle. I'm also impressed how chill everyone was with the capture. It felt like we could have all gotten together for a beer after that firefight. It was pretty funny watching the prisoners and listen to them in chat when 2nd group approached.
    This life has been one of the more exciting ones.. 2 nights ago I entered the police station in Gorka with just an ax, 3 kills on decked out server hopper later m4 and generally geared up...

It was definitely a fun night. I'm sure my guy is going to die "real soon(tm)". I'm all uber-deck in killing gear and camo at the moment. The town we talked about visting was worth it if fps laggy.
    At the moment I'm over-decked and need to dump some gear off on you guys...
    1) m4 with most bells and whistles (still need a ACOG and another 60 rounder).
    2) black sks
    3) fx45 (with 3 mags)
    4) cz75 (with 1 mag)
    5) magnum (with several speedloaders)
    ammo for all of the above.
    6) green fire-ax (PAINT IT BLACK!) .FYI the green ax seems shinnier than the matte black version

SKS, cz75 and magnum are available each for the low low price of $19.95, 1 can of tacticool bacon or a silly wiggle dance. All weapons come with complimentary ammo and at least 1 reloads worth...

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    update: sks is burned due to engine sillyness...

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So after been playing Breaking Point for ArmA 3 for awhile now I am of the mind that there is little to no reason to play Standalone anymore. Well, aside from not owning ArmA 3, which is perfectly understandable.

BP has everything Standalone should have had at release (even as an Alpha) and then some. Seriously, these guys (who aren't paid) kick out more content and bug fixes then Rocket. Very annoying that.

Permanent storage/tents? Check. A (very) wide array of weapons (plus attachments)? Check. Vehicles (land, air, and sea)? Check. Smooth controls? Check. Bayonets that work? Check!

All in all it is everything I wanted from Standalone and has (thankfully) validated my ArmA 3 purchase.

edit- If you own ArmA 3 and love DayZ you own it to yourself to play this.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Honestly at this point I'm just wanting H1Z1 to come out and shit all over everything else. Maybe force them to up their game.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    had a lot of fun with the new patch last night. Met up with a group at the new town north of NE and looked around for a bit, with one player on the cliffs providing overwatch so we could move around the town without getting into a firefight we couldn't deal with.
    We went back down to the NE airfield and the sniper took up position on Olsha while the other two surrounded the runway while I (only armed with a Moisin and five bullets) went for the buildings. No trouble for the first building and two hangars but when we got to the ATC and I was looking around upstairs there was a hail of gunfire all around me, like two people were completely unloading 60-round STANAG clips into the general building. I dropped to the floor and suddenly all our spotters could see people moving around all over the place. The two in the building by the ATC were reloading but then one sprinted off to the southern field for seemingly no reason, he was gunned down by one of us with a single shot. I was still on the floor of the ATC at this point and the other guy ran inside and up the stairs, we both fired and turns out we both only had single shots, I hit and he missed. He went back downstairs but at this point I didn't know he'd only had one shot so I was being cautious and reloaded, then I heard him reload downstairs. We stayed at a stalemate for a while as another completely unrelated fight broke out in the hangars. I decided to make a break for it and climbed down the ladder on the outside of the ATC and from the edge of the other building could see the guy on the ground floor of the ATC, with just his rifle sticking out into the door way. I backed off a bit to get some distance (the moisin is pretty useless at close range) and the other guy stepped out to either escape or shoot me, but was immediately put down with one shot from my guy on Olsha. Looted his body and found he had an M4 and binoculars that were pristine, but everything else was ruined. Took the stuff, went back to the bush I Was hiding in and the server restarted.

When I logged back in I had my moisin back and no M4. Decided to break for the first building as everything was fresh spawned - found basically nothing but then went into the ATC and there were some pristine binoculars on the top shelf. Stood up to grab them and was cleanly put down from a hell of a distance (no one else heard the shot).

Respawned in the lumber mill (new spawn I think) and had a fun time chasing a guy who was using a shotgun when all I had was an axe, managed to get a good few hits in but eventually he managed to finish me out in the street, surrounded by zombies ( who are now basically impervious to melee damage unless it's punching).

Respawned again in Svet and crept around the town while hearing gunshots pretty much constantly. Eventually my guys turned up just as I walked into a room that had a guy with an axe standing there. I had nothing at this point so when he started swinging at me I just tried to punch him in the head. Got him knocked out while I was bleeding, tore off his t shirt to make rags, took a blaze he had and a few other bits and pieces then left him unconcious in that room. Eventually caught up with everyone else and headed back to new town.

This time it was completely deserted, and we spent quite a while looting every single building. Found a crossbow and a couple of bolts so spent a while swapping it between us trying it out. Seems it has no range but reloads fast, is quite quiet and puts down a zombie in one shot with no problems. Eventually people started logging out, so I put the crossbow down and asked someone to bring me some SKS ammo that they'd borrowed so I could log out fully armed and in a safe place. While I waited for him in the middle of the road by the fire station, he says he can see me and I see a guy running towards me. Suddenly gun shots were going off all over and I assumed he was just messing around until he started panicking too and I found myself in a pool of blood at the side of the road. A tragic end to a fun night but yeah, the new patch is good. Seems to have helped a bit with FPS too and mouse-acceleration is gone apparently so if that was a thing for you, it's better now!

Definitely going to try this breaking point thing this week/weekend.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    So after been playing Breaking Point for ArmA 3 for awhile now I am of the mind that there is little to no reason to play Standalone anymore. Well, aside from not owning ArmA 3, which is perfectly understandable.

BP has everything Standalone should have had at release (even as an Alpha) and then some. Seriously, these guys (who aren't paid) kick out more content and bug fixes then Rocket. Very annoying that.

Permanent storage/tents? Check. A (very) wide array of weapons (plus attachments)? Check. Vehicles (land, air, and sea)? Check. Smooth controls? Check. Bayonets that work? Check!

All in all it is everything I wanted from Standalone and has (thankfully) validated my ArmA 3 purchase.

edit- If you own ArmA 3 and love DayZ you own it to yourself to play this.

Obligatory:
    Echo wrote: »
    I started playing some Breaking Point, which is an ArmA 3 mod.

Played two hours, didn't see a single soul, liking it so far.

It has shamblers instead of runners, so no Yakety Sax required to get away from zombies. And all the advantages of the ArmA 3 engine.

It has a grouping system so you can actually see your buddies in-game like you can in a normal ArmA squad, but it still requires you to meet up face to face to get in a squad.

You should not play breaking Point. Ever ever ever. The creators use the mod to get your GUID and bohemia userid. it literally phones that home to their server. This is VERY VERY BAD- we are talking about them having thier mod phone your cdkey and windows user id and windows GUID to THEIR home. And not necessary. Can be used maliciously and is not necessary to run a mod. When brought up the creators banned people and were pretty much assholes and said "GTFO -Don t play then" After mass bannings for asking about it- They eventually backpedaled and the offending 'anti cheat' code was removed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1dpy9y/

It was then brought up that even though they claimed to not have stolen anything from day Z- their code is directly copied and pasted in huge chunks. Again they acted like assholes. But after more and more folks found dayZ code in their base they started back pedaling....

http://my.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1s8itg/dayz_code_in_arma_3_breaking_point/

These guys are twats doing malicious stuff with their mod. Seriously. Don't.

Do research. The dayz GAF thread has chunks of this saga on it too.

• Options
    TofuMilkTofuMilk Registered User regular
    Hello, Hello

I have put some time into DayZ Standalone, and have found that it's hard to tackle alone. I have meet some nice people, but most people just kill me, even when I am a fresh spawn. But I guess anything goes in DayZ.

But I am looking for some people to play DayZ with, I have looked around on some other sites, and have never found a group of people looking to play together.

I figured Penny Arcade would be the best place to find some nice people to play with.

My user name on steam is noobiewk.

Right me back if your willing to play together.

Have a nice day.

• Options
    Welp. game over man. They hacked the source code out of bohemia. If you thought hacking was bad before.... now they can view the source.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pwned/comments/255qx3/dayz_source_code_stolen/

this is crushing. Devs are deleting posts about it on the dayz subreddit too.... but its out.

• Options
    as I said on the other thread

maybe they'll fix it for bohemia.

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Does anyone know what castle this is? I broke my leg on top of it, and I don't have a splint or morphine :(.

1024x576.resizedimage

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    That could be Rog, but there's also another small castle tower thing.

Edit: I see you have an axe, do you have any rags? You can use the axe to chop down a tree, break the logs down to sticks then make a splint.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Dusda wrote: »
    Does anyone know what castle this is? I broke my leg on top of it, and I don't have a splint or morphine :(.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/573400471065703730/52D529C9ABB0FEFF1745A392D455AC247A22571F/1024x576.resizedimage

Devils Castle?

edit
    Actually, that mountain in the distance looks an awful lot like Klen..Which would make that Black Mountain you are on, and that would make the town to your left Kraznostav.

Which means you are near the north east airfield.

@Dusda Crawl down and make a splint? I'd offer to log in and help you but I'm in the far far southwest.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Ah, didn't realize you could harvest wood yet. Guess it's time to crawl like Daniel Plainview.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    Dusda wrote: »
    Ah, didn't realize you could harvest wood yet. Guess it's time to crawl like Daniel Plainview.

Been able to cut down trees for a while now.

• Options
    Man the current SA patch is terrible. Melee is ganked up again. (only works reliable to the back of the zombies and the legs?) Between the broken melee and the lmb bug its gotten pretty bad. I'm so looking forward to tents and the nav mesh fixes.

Just curious but why are so many of you guys playing on 3rd person mode? It totally breaks immersion and make hiding/sneaking up on other players stupidly hard. Add to that wall peaking, corner peaking and laying prone on roof tops (and seeing everything below you without peaking your head out). It just feels horribly artificial. I'd still play the Origins Dayz Mod if I could find a first person only server. The only thing worse than 3rd person was name plates.

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    BeornK wrote: »
    Man the current SA patch is terrible. Melee is ganked up again. (only works reliable to the back of the zombies and the legs?) Between the broken melee and the lmb bug its gotten pretty bad. I'm so looking forward to tents and the nav mesh fixes.

Just curious but why are so many of you guys playing on 3rd person mode? It totally breaks immersion and make hiding/sneaking up on other players stupidly hard. Add to that wall peaking, corner peaking and laying prone on roof tops (and seeing everything below you without peaking your head out). It just feels horribly artificial. I'd still play the Origins Dayz Mod if I could find a first person only server. The only thing worse than 3rd person was name plates.

because I don't like playing a game where, in first person, I feel like I'm looking through two cardboard tubes glued to my eyes.

• Options
    That's understandable. FYI you can totally adjust the fov to make it wider.

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    FOV changes give me huge headaches, and its like looking through warped water.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    BeornK wrote: »

Hardcore servers are first person only.

I think that might be the only difference at the moment.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    It is the the only difference. Hardcore is 1st person only. The experimental patch no longer lists regular and hardcore but 3rd person and 1st person instead.

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options