As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Eric Pope and Dave Lang Thread Featuring Giant Bomb Dot Com

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I don't know why I'm so onboard with Transistor

I don't really know anything about it and didn't really like Bastion

Probably just the visual style

For me its the art style, interesting-ish story hook, and it being pseudo turn based.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

For me its the art style, interesting-ish story hook, and it being pseudo turn based.

Yeah, all of this is good. Also, and I'm going to be honest here, I want more female protagonists.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I don't know much about transistor but I hope they cleaned up her run animation because it looked crazy awkward

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    All of the best Kirby games (besides Superstar) aren't even Kirby games.

Canvas Curse
    Dream Course
    Air Ride

motherfucking Pinball Land

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Man, I had a brain fart and got Hydra and Cobra mixed up in my head.

And now I'm dreaming of a Cobra! button that has the o stretched out so far that report ends up on the right side of the screen.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I just heard about this DLC plan for Mario Golf on 3DS

$15 for a season pass which literally doubles the content of the main game

New characters as well

So down, especially since Mario Golf was only $30 for pre-order on Amazon a couple months back

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    My personal experience is that Skylanders is still more popular than Infinity, the whole toybox-only and playset-specific characters gets too confusing for parents. Disney Infinity 2 needs to remedy that - I get that they wanted to personalise each level pack to fit the appropriate characters, but with the exception of Cars I don't see why Wreck It Ralph and Woody et al can't fight in Incredibles stages and what have you. And so many people get deflated when they learn that Toybox exclusives like Ralph and Elsa can't be used in anything else.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Ralph not getting a playset did kind of ruin that game for me, honestly.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My problem with both of the games is that the figures don't move. If they had articulation and were removable from the base so you could have sweet real world adventures, I'd be all over that shit.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I played the shit out of skylanders 1 with my girlfriend, and loved it

Unfortunately they made the decision to gimp previous generation figures in new games, so you basically need to go balls deep every year to get the figures required to unlock everything, and I already spent like 180 bucks once, I'm not doing it every year

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    You know what Kirby game doesn't get nearly enough love

Dreamland 3

It wasn't as big as superstar but it had a gorgeous art style

I bought dreamland 3 when I got a snes after never playing it as a kid

That's a great game

As opposed to Kirby's adventure which I also bought, and besides being gorgeous for a NES game is kind of terrible

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TRIPLE POOOOOST

I got to like, chapter 10 last night in FE which is nearly where I was before on Classic, in like 1/3 of the time and I'm having way more fun

Thanks to Trippy for getting me to try restarting

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Jars wrote: »
    I don't know much about transistor but I hope they cleaned up her run animation because it looked crazy awkward

I played it at pax east and I was gonna ask what the heck you were talking about but then I watched the reveal trailer and yeah her run animation used to be kinda out of place but it was way way better at pax east

here is the reveal trailer for reference, in combat she has a very bouncy weightless gait
    here is the pax east footage and she now actually runs like she's carrying an enormously heavy sword (early game spoilers for anybody wanting to go in completely blind, just skip to 1:10 to see the new run animation)
    super hype for transistor you guys

the hypest

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I don't have the Skylanders games but I've bought some of the figurines that look cool. Like, I was definitely going to get me a Thumpback and a Magna Charge.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I don't have the Skylanders games but I've bought some of the figurines that look cool. Like, I was definitely going to get me a Thumpback and a Magna Charge.

My favorite is still and will always be Terrafin, because he is literally a street shark except he sings a little song when he's underground

BUUUUM BUM BUMBUMBUUUMBUMBAAAA

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

The art, the music, and the combat were all awesome when I tried it

And what little of the skill upgrade/customization system that was in the version playable at east was super fucking cool

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    nothing will ever be better than so raven

That's totally something Raven would say!

If only we had a button!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97O1dQAyhc

Turtle Rock has released 50 minutes of pure gameplay of Evolve

with, uh, eSports style commentary on it...

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank god you can turn the commentary off

Also I dunno about that game... Shooting at something for like 5 minutes doesn't seem like a super good time

One quick FE question: How do you get relationship/support with healers? It seems to go extremely slowly even if I intentionally get a guy hurt and then heal him

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    everything I thought I knew about awakening supports is a lie

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Thank god you can turn the commentary off

Also I dunno about that game... Shooting at something for like 5 minutes doesn't seem like a super good time

One quick FE question: How do you get relationship/support with healers? It seems to go extremely slowly even if I intentionally get a guy hurt and then heal him

just have the characters whose support you want to increase be standing stand next to each other when you end your turn

no other interaction between them is required

so if chrom is surrounded by frederick, sully, lissa, the avatar, and is carrying mirabelle his support with all 5 of them will be increasing each turn

I'm not sure if mirabelles' support with the four surround units would go up but it doesn't really matter

Wait really? But they don't get a little heart when that happens, only when she heals someone

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Evolve looks like it could be fucking fantastic

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    hmm no okay I am wrong I guess, stuck in the FE7 mindset where it was just turns

how do I copy a chart

fuck it go here http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Support and scroll down to the awakening thing if you want to see what actions give what amount of support

sorry chincy I am a liar, now I'm not sure how I managed to get all the supports to go the way I wanted, I guess I just paired units up and had them fight a bunch

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    You get support every time you do something, with everyone you are next to. Next to 3 others with someone paired up with you? Support with all 4 for killing that dude next to you.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    You get support every time you do something, with everyone you are next to. Next to 3 others with someone paired up with you? Support with all 4 for killing that dude next to you.

I double checked, with healers you only get support with the person you healed specifically

I was pretty sleepy so I could be wrong but it was something I noticed that seemed frustrating, I have some S ranks already but my healers don't even have Cs

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »

I double checked, with healers you only get support with the person you healed specifically

I was pretty sleepy so I could be wrong but it was something I noticed that seemed frustrating, I have some S ranks already but my healers don't even have Cs

Yeah healing is just you and the healed person, but if the person next to your healer kills something they get support with the healer.

I paired my healers up a lot to get them support.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The best way to get support is always always always to fight with them paired up

You get support points in fights just form the stat bonuses that the pair-up confers, I think

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Being paired up counts as being next to each other for the purpose of support, basically.

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    According to the Steam store page, Dark Souls II will unlock in "approximately eight hours".

Is this a reliable estimate or a cruel joke at my expense?

signature.png

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    Shit I think I've got like 3 days left to save kanji and one of them is a Tuesday.

His bad is missing a basketball practice in this?

Sure, you can miss practice.

If you don't want to make the playoffs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d29VsG35DQM

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    OOH OOH Page 100! And it's not 4:00 in the morning!

I can do the OP this time!

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    so rise fights with a mic stand

radical

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I...

Rise's not a singer? I thought she was like a model?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    2624417-5783165364-SSWVG.gif2624417-5783165364-SSWVG.gif2624417-5783165364-SSWVG.gif2624417-5783165364-SSWVG.gif

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I...

she's an idol/singer person

she's like, on stage performing and singing with backup dancers in the intro to the game!

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    JohnHam wrote: »
    According to the Steam store page, Dark Souls II will unlock in "approximately eight hours".

Is this a reliable estimate or a cruel joke at my expense?

It will unlock in seven hours and fifteen minutes

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I...

she's a pop idol.

• Options
    I...

she's an idol/singer person

she's like, on stage performing and singing with backup dancers in the intro to the game!

Huh

I don't remember music mentioned with her at all in P4

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
This discussion has been closed.