As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Superhero Movie Thread] Agents of SHIELD renewed. Agent Carter to series. Hail Hydra.

CenoCeno pizza timeRegistered User regular
edited May 2014 in Social Entropy++
O bitter irony!

Well, strap your shields on, wearers of colorful tight pants! Because it's time for some spring cleaning.

mb0a9febj0q1.jpg

Oh also let's talk about superhero movies! Here's the next one to get excited about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3isCLVghoI

Then there's Avengers: Age of Ultron shooting now, and Edgar Wright's Ant-Man after that! There are a few non-MCU Marvel movies coming out in the next month too, if you're into that sort of thing.
Hail Hydra.

Ceno on

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    HH1.jpg

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Read Prelude to Infinity, Eden is still the best. I love that when he sees AIM his immediate reaction is "Yeah, whatever's gone down here you're no longer a part of it"

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Holy shit Arrow

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Can someone spoil arrow, I won't be caught up for a while and this is like the 30th 'holy shit arrow' post I've seen

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I'll do it when I get to work, also I need to repost my spoilery speculation as well.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Oh, a bit of businesses from the last thread "Spinnerette" has been done before.

http://www.spinnyverse.com/index.php?id=1

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    SHIELD badges.

edit: ordered one for kicks. Have to pay shipping, of course. $1.25 for the cheapest. Depending on the quality, I'd say it's worth it.

Tamin on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Been reading Peter David's X-Factor. I like their downscale, hangdog persona. Plus it's a great random team. Except Layla Miller, who's a bit too Deus Ex Machina.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Can someone spoil arrow, I won't be caught up for a while and this is like the 30th 'holy shit arrow' post I've seen

big Arrow spoilers for last night
    Flashbacks reveal that Ollie got a girl pregnant and Moira paid her a couple million to tell Ollie she lost the baby and go back to Central City and never see him again

In the present, Roy is going nuts and kills/maims a bunch of people until they manage to sedate him while they keep working on a way to reverse the formula

Slade finally quits fucking around and drags the Queens out into the woods, at which point Moira volunteers herself and Slade runs her through with a katana

Grey Ghost wrote: »

Flashbacks reveal that Ollie got a girl pregnant and Moira paid her a couple million to tell Ollie she lost the baby and go back to Central City and never see him again

In the present, Roy is going nuts and kills/maims a bunch of people until they manage to sedate him while they keep working on a way to reverse the formula

Slade finally quits fucking around and drags the Queens out into the woods, at which point Moira volunteers herself and Slade runs her through with a katana

Well ok then

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So Empire did a story on Avengers 2 which confirmed a few things, the biggest of which is that Thanos has already been cast, they just don't want to announce it yet.

CYpGAPn.png
    AVEN2012028-int2-5-fe59e.jpg

DAAAAAAAAAMN

CYpGAPn.png
    edited April 2014
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So Empire did a story on Avengers 2 which confirmed a few things, the biggest of which is that Thanos has already been cast, they just don't want to announce it yet.

Grimace

Barney the Dinosaur

Waluigi

Tinky Winky

Chincymcchilla on
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Is that some New Avengers

dN0T6ur.png

I will be disappointed if it isn't Damion Poitier.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Congratulations Banner, now you don't make any fucking sense.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Is that some New Avengers

The alternate Avengers thing is from the main Avengers book

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

Grey Ghost wrote: »

Again [SPOILERS], speculation on last nights Arrow, "Seeing Red":
    Pregnancy Flash Back: I think this might be how they introduce Connor Hawke at a later date, maybe sometime next season.

I also would like to note that the kid could be anywhere between 7-12 years of age, 5 years on the island and 2 years for this season.

Dah Woods: I realized later that Slade had a "have his cake and eat it too" moment when he decided to kill Moira, he had planned on her losing or quitting the Mayoral race.

DAMN DID I LOVE, that they finally mentioned that Shado was technically with Ollie, that has been bothering me the whole time.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

It is from next week's Avengers, when Bruce confronts Tony about the Illuminati

CYpGAPn.png
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Congratulations Banner, now you don't make any fucking sense.
    What?

He is saying he is a pretty smart guy, even moreso than his current company, Tony.

CYpGAPn.png
    That reminds me

Hank Pym rated himself one of the top 5 intellects on the planet

And maybe it's just me

But I can think of six or seven people off the top of my head who are probably smarter than Hank Pym

dN0T6ur.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

"You son of a bitch, you shot me into space because I might destroy New York for no reason. I would totally never do that."

"Yeah, sorry, we didn't realize that you'd destroy New York because you had already killed the dude you wanted to Smash. Our bad."

• WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I thought that avengers panel was photoshopped the first time I read it.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    it can kind of mean that I guess, but being "pretty smart" doesn't mean "smarter,"

if he had said "i'm smarter than most people, present company included" that would be a burn

this sounds like a Ben Stiller "burn" from dodgeball

no one makes me bleed my own blood, Tony! No one!

I think he's saying "I'm a pretty smart guy, even in the context of a conversation involving you and Reed Richards and Hank McCoy"

dN0T6ur.png
    Yeah that's either poor writing or a bad burn

Fencingsax wrote: »

"You son of a bitch, you shot me into space because I might destroy New York for no reason. I would totally never do that."

"Yeah, sorry, we didn't realize that you'd destroy New York because you had already killed the dude you wanted to Smash. Our bad."
    More "Hey Tony, I know you reformed your secret boy's club that you told everyone, especially me, you had disbanded and are up to some pretty heinous shit."

CYpGAPn.png
    Okay, when Langly, Chincy, and I agree on something, you know you've fucked up.

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    well tony you're a real smart fella

NOT

what makes it seem even funnier is the ellipses at the end. now I can only hear that in Ben Stiller's voice

I think the pause makes it.

He specifically goes "Present company....included." because he doesn't want to give Tony any of the bullshit egotrip stuff that most people do, and he is telling Tony that he isn't fucking around right now.

CYpGAPn.png
    I think it might work better without the last sentence at all

Leave it at "I'm a pretty smart guy, Tony"

But as it is, it's awkward. I wouldn't call it bad, but it's not what I expect out of Hickman

dN0T6ur.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That is a terrible burn

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I wonder if they will have some of the rather wallet raping Hot Toys Figures of the GOG?

edited April 2014
    Wrong topic..damn tabs

Dedwrekka on
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I wonder if they will have some of the rather wallet raping Hot Toys Figures of the GOG?

Phrasing please

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That page would be fine if the other guys next line is "Wait...what?"

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    yeah, "raping" isn't really the best term for having to spend more money than you're eager to

This discussion has been closed.