As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Superhero Movie Thread] Agents of SHIELD renewed. Agent Carter to series. Hail Hydra.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    yeah, "raping" isn't really the best term for having to spend more money than you're eager to

Well it's you flinched! now enjoy the questionable secondary market to get that figure!

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What?

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    what

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    What?!?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Included.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    When?

Just now, top of the page

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Hail Hydra.

Ok let me explain it this way

The Batman Joker figures that came out 6 or 7 years ago. I got them via from people in china on ebay
    I just had to wait the long wait to get them
    Someone I knew of was a huge batman fan{they have tattoos of the various symbols of batman on their arms}
    Was very upset I had them and went out to look to get them and got very upset at the price

This repeated itself over Black Widow

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Urgh. At the NYCC there was some special limited edition SHELD badge like in the show that you could buy for $50. They are now like $300+ on ebay. Stop making stuff exclusive people!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Brainleech wrote: »
    Ok let me explain it this way

The Batman Joker figures that came out 6 or 7 years ago. I got them via from people in china on ebay
    I just had to wait the long wait to get them
    Someone I knew of was a huge batman fan{they have tattoos of the various symbols of batman on their arms}
    Was very upset I had them and went out to look to get them and got very upset at the price

This repeated itself over Black Widow

I think you're sort of missing the point of my objection

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    That page would be fine if the other guys next line is "Wait...what?"

yeah if I were tony I would kind of laugh

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    HAIL HYDRA

Whhhhhyyy ccaannnttt iiiiiii ppppoooossssttt

PSN- AHermano
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    yeah

the issue is that rape is a fucked up, horrible, dehumanizing experience that leaves lasting scars on its victims

paying more than you'd like to for an action figure is not

and it's shitty to use the former to describe the latter. I'm sure you're not meaning to diminish what victims of actual rape have gone through, but that's what casually tossing around the word when talking about trivial stuff actually does.

UnbrokenEva on
    edited April 2014
    Fucks sake NOW it lets me

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
    Urgh. At the NYCC there was some special limited edition SHELD badge like in the show that you could buy for $50. They are now like $300+ on ebay. Stop making stuff exclusive people!

THey should stop making the stuff they hand out at certain events a before hand known
    I got a certain figure I will not talk about from SDCC two or three years ago because I was curious why were people after this?
    Now sadly I collect certain things of this

Anyway stop trivialising the word "rape"

Ok thanks bye

PSN- AHermano
    I know I could not think of another word
    Since the alliteration of meat curtains was a hot topic last night

And I thought Royce was fucking baffling

if you can't think of another word to use but "rape"

you should probably work on expanding your vocabulary

Brainleech wrote: »
    I know I could not think of another word
    Since the alliteration of meat curtains was a hot topic last night

"these things cost too much"

"this is too expensive"

"I would prefer not to spent this much money"

"too many dollars oh no help"

like, I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, casually using "rape" isn't the worst thing people do, but it's still harmful and something that should be relatively easy to correct, it's just that a lot of people don't realize they're doing it and need to be reminded every now and then that trivializing rape is bad.

"I couldn't think of another word" is pretty much the worst excuse ever though

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    yeah, "raping" isn't really the best term for having to spend more money than you're eager to

My wallet is being sexually assaulted, please help.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »

My wallet is being sexually assaulted, please help.

I enjoy rich, Corinthian leather and I'm not going to apologize.

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    "It costs so much you feel like you have to Hail Hydra to get a deal"

Bale, no

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    ASM2014001_int2_00004.jpg
    Welcome back, Parker

CYpGAPn.png
    I totally understand that that was gonna happen

But god I hope they don't dwell on it, I'm so incredibly done with citizens hating spider-man but loving other heroes for no reason

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I totally understand that that was gonna happen

But god I hope they don't dwell on it, I'm so incredibly done with citizens hating spider-man but loving other heroes for no reason

Well they kinda... have a reason

Except they have a pretty valid reason right now! Spider-Man has been a facist,violent asshole.

CYpGAPn.png
    "Last time I had all of Earth's Mightiest Heroes versus one British character actor, and I needed more conflict," Whedon told Empire. "I'm having a blast with Ultron. He's not a creature of logic - he's a robot who's genuinely disturbed. We're finding out what makes him menacing and at the same time endearing and funny and strange and unexpected, and everything a robot never is."

I am real interested in seeing Whedon's Ultron

CYpGAPn.png
    Jarvis + PTSD Tony.

I understand they have a reason for it

I'm just so tired of spider-man threat or menace

Almost as tired as I am of Super poor peter parker

I still can't believe Marvel made a superhero movie where the lead got PTSD from his previous adventure and made it a central plot point.

What a ballsy, awesome move.

CYpGAPn.png
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    As nice as it is that Peter is back, I'm really going to miss the superior spider-suit. That thing was slick as hell.

Also,
    really hoping they use the "every Spider-Man ever" event to bring back a heroic Doc Ock.

So am I late in finding out the Guilermo Del Toro is doing a Justice League Dark movie, or has it just been that quiet?

Dedwrekka wrote: »
    So am I late in finding out the Guilermo Del Toro is doing a Justice League Dark movie, or has it just been that quiet?

It's never going to happen

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Alright, really long and random tangent that I will absolutely cross-post in Help/Advice, but thought maybe someone here wouldn't see it there, so here we go!

I've been looking hardcore for a job for about a year now, and the pipe-dream of "jeez, just open a comic shop or something" has inched closer and closer to a viable option over that time. Viable in the sense that my initial grand plan of "go back to school!" is looking sillier and sillier in this day and age. I have an associates degree, 10 years experience in my field, and I can't find anything over $9/hr. Talking with friends, and seeing people in my life with MASTERS degrees in very, very similar situations has made me realize that the cost of going back to school, in loans, would actually be GREATER than the cost of taking out loans to open a business. The debt vs. payoff seems to be roughly the same to me. The chance of finding success also seems to be about the same.

I've been looking more and more online about opening a business in general, since I literally know absolutely nothing. But I feel a lot of people start where I am, so I'm trying not to get discouraged. I know I'm not alone, and I know not every 31 year old in history who was totally lost in life ended up dead and pennyless, so there's absolutely hope I can do this. I'm well aware it's going to be a ton of work - and that's all the advice I seem to find online. "Oh its a horrible thing." "Oh its a ton of work." "Oh all businesses fail." "More specifically, comics are a horrible business and you shouldn't do it." But people DO do it. Because shops exist! And people make a living off of it. Not become millionaires, but spend their life doing something that they enjoy and excel at. So I'm growing tired of every avenue I look to for advice being "Don't do it." Because that's the advice for a lot of things in life right now.

So - with that said! - if anyone at all here knows anything about opening a shop, I'd love to talk about it. PM me if you think it derails too much here. But after yet another day of job searching it's time I really do my due diligence and look into my dream. It's corny, but it's true. I have all the time in the world to pour into this, I just have no idea where to start.

Thank you, and hail HYDRA.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
This discussion has been closed.