As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Superhero Movie Thread] Agents of SHIELD renewed. Agent Carter to series. Hail Hydra.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Bruce Banner is currently irreparably brain damaged as of last week's Hulk

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

That would explain that dialogue

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I like how you had to preface "irreparably" with currently. Because despite it being unrepairable, you know that shit is going to get fixed eventually.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Look its not like anyone ever gave Banner constructive criticism on how to do sick burns.

"Hey Banner your jokes suck!"

*Hulks out, punches your head to the moon*

Basically, it's a "let the Wookie unstoppable rage monster win" scenario.

Again, that panel likely involved
    a lobotomized Bruce Banner from a parallel universe.

• QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I wonder how feasible it would be to have an iPad on hand to let people sample comics in-store

That way you don't have anyone groping the merchandise and messing it up

Quoth on
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Quoth wrote: »
    I wonder how feasible it would be to have an iPad on hand to let people sample comics in-store

That way you don't have anyone groping the merchandise and messing it up

you could have one set up with marvel unlimited, they do like 3 page previews if you don't own the service

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    If their back issues are way behind, that might not be ideal, but yeah... Something like that

Oh, heh speaking of casting Thanos, it looks like he HAS been cast, but Marvel doesn't want to announce who just yet. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=98708

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    So the Sentry book was pretty good. I'll repeat my earlier sentiments that it must have been SUPER awesome to read it as it came out, without knowing where it's going. Gonna read Tales of the Sentry next.

dude, AGE OF THE SENTRY

you need to read it

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I thought was what started the discussion

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Sorry Age of the Sentry. Whatever the silver age style Sentry book is, it's next on my read list.

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Hey @Olivaw have you read Ghost Rider #2 yet? Did you like it?

Sorry Age of the Sentry. Whatever the silver age style Sentry book is, it's next on my read list.

Age of the Sentry is the Silver Age style Sentry book!

Yes, I was apologizing for getting the name wrong.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Hey, how outrageous is this casting? Seriously, I don't know these actresses.

jem-cast-pics.jpg
    Nashville actress Aubrey Peeples will star in Jem and the Holograms, director Jon M. Chu’s live-action adaptation of the 1980s animated series.

The announcement came today on the movie’s website accompanied by the first images of the cast (below), which also includes Stefanie Scott (Flipped) as Kimber, Hayley Kiyoko (Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster) as Aja and Aurora Perrineau (Pretty Little Liars) as Shana.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the PG-rated film centers on an orphaned teen who becomes an online recording star: “She and her sisters embark on a music-driven scavenger hunt — one that sends them on an adventure across Los Angeles in an attempt to unlock a final message left by her father.”

Yes, I was apologizing for getting the name wrong.

ohhh, I misread your words

sorry!

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Cyborg cast for Batman/Superman

Looks like they got a relatively unknown theater actor by the name of Ray Fisher:

ray-fisher-ali-1.jpg

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Hey, how outrageous is this casting? Seriously, I don't know these actresses.

jem-cast-pics.jpg
    Nashville actress Aubrey Peeples will star in Jem and the Holograms, director Jon M. Chu’s live-action adaptation of the 1980s animated series.

The announcement came today on the movie’s website accompanied by the first images of the cast (below), which also includes Stefanie Scott (Flipped) as Kimber, Hayley Kiyoko (Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster) as Aja and Aurora Perrineau (Pretty Little Liars) as Shana.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the PG-rated film centers on an orphaned teen who becomes an online recording star: “She and her sisters embark on a music-driven scavenger hunt — one that sends them on an adventure across Los Angeles in an attempt to unlock a final message left by her father.”

if this is as good as the Josie and the pussycats movie i will be okay with it.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Cyborg cast for Batman/Superman

Looks like they got a relatively unknown theater actor by the name of Ray Fisher:

ray-fisher-ali-1.jpg

Well he's got the right look for Vic Stone

So, at this point they might as well stop calling it "Superman vs Batman" and just call it "Justice League Part 1." right?

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    I think a more honest title would be "Justice League Origins: The Clusterfuck."

edited April 2014
    So, at this point they might as well stop calling it "Superman vs Batman" and just call it "Justice League Part 1." right?

Justice League: STARRING BATMAN

AtomicTofu on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Melding wrote: »
    if this is as good as the Josie and the pussycats movie i will be okay with it.

god I love that movie and soundtrack

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    also,

Holy shit, Arrow.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    You know, I was just thinking that Batman vs Superman vs Lex Luthor vs Wonder Woman vs Doomsday (maybe) needed another major character

Doomsday was never confirmed though, IIRC.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Right!

Thus, parentheses maybe

Fearghaill wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Strange Adventures is a fucking fantastic store, though I do miss the old hole in the....uh, cellar, location

It definitely had a certain charm, but the new spot doesn't make me feel quite so claustrophobic, and is less than 5 minutes walk from my work, so.

aw man

I could've gotten into a tight area with you and Darwyn Cooke

my dreams are ruined

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    This just in: I have been cast as Aquaman in Batman vs. Superman: Batman
    Mr. Othy was reached for comment: "Outrageous!"

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Psh, I don't trust any source but -tal. They do the legwork to get the big scoops.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Not a fan of the change to Hail Hydra.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    kinda glad they are going with new folks for Jem

I don't really want famous actors just doing their routine in an outrageous oufit

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Spidey promo during this Parks ep hinted very unsubtly at a certain character's fate

Like the majority of the commercial was "This person could die and probably will"

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Going back to first page, but wouldn't Thanos being cast be a known factor?

They revealed a couple weeks ago that he is in GOTG after all, right?

Anyway a middle-aged coworker of mine saw Captain America the other night with his eight year old daughter and now apparently they both want to know all about Rocket and Groot

Thanos will probably be CG, and if he evens talks, they can sit on that info for awhile as a surprise.

Wait, why does he need to be cg? Poitier looked excellent!
    Because Thanos is gigantic and will be seen in more than just a quick shot

You know Ian Holmes and Martin Freeman aren't hobbit sized in real life right?
    Making someone look smaller is way easier than making an actor look as big, if not bigger, than MCU Hulk

CYpGAPn.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Hey @Olivaw have you read Ghost Rider #2 yet? Did you like it?

Nope! Not near comics shops anymore, sadly

Hard to see how I could dislike it, though, if it features Ghost Rider fucking up some dudes

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular

He might as well be. THROW HIM IN.

http://youtu.be/fkNr6DoBcII

this new Japanese trailer for Godzilla has one new shot I specifically love. around 1:15, Godzilla's foot stomps down outside an airport, and the way the shot is composed, it looks like a classic Godzilla movie just recreated with today's special effects.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Get unknowns to play the Holograms, and get ex Disney channel stars to play the Misfits.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.