As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MegaTen/Persona] Rise Kujikawa enters the Arena! Japan gets Ultra Suplexed on 2014/8/28

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Since they said they wanted Persona 5 to be more realistic and mature I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get any ninja dogs/bullshit robot girls/anthropomorphic animal mascots.
    So...first-gen Persona?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Third map of Avidya. Wiped by mob of Barbatoses who spam Mamudoon. Fun.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Still playing Strange Journey. Just beat
    Asherah
    and one more battle and I'll be level 54. Other than the damage floors, I am liking this game. I'm going for the neutral ending.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Pandora still hates me. Good to know! Well, I got pretty dang far unprepared, at least.

I think I'm comfortable with moving on.

Does she still have 15k HP in Revelations?

wVEsyIc.png
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Since they said they wanted Persona 5 to be more realistic and mature I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get any ninja dogs/bullshit robot girls/anthropomorphic animal mascots.
    So...first-gen Persona?
    Or even Persona 3, just ignoring all the stuff that happens post-Fuuka joining.

...but yeah, basically more like Persona 1 and 2. At the very least I'm hoping for "real" dungeons like the first two. Or at least non-random ones.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    Persona 5 better stick to the trend of letting me just pick which skills I want.

*goes back to trying to get a Succubus with Magarudyne and Mabufudyne*

camo_sig2.png

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yeah, all that tedious bullshit better be out. I don't even want to imagine how many hours of my Persona playthroughs were spent cancelling and retrying the same fusion over and over and over again.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    On the plus side, with P3P, skill cards make it a little easier.

*goes back to putting Hama and Dia skills on his Devil Personas.* Lilith will have all four Ma-Dynes and Null Light no matter what!

camo_sig2.png

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Honestly, while that IS a good thing to just be able to choose any skills, it kinda kills some of the charm of fusion for me. I mean, if you can just choose the skills with skill cards and such, no reason to have cool little puzzles like get a pixie with megidolaon. Because then you just wait until you get a skill card for it. I mean, one of my crowning moments in P3 was making a jack frost with the dyne skills, simply because it was difficult to do.

I mean, yes. You can get rid of skill shuffle, that serves no purpose. However, I don't think there need to be skill cards. Nor do I think it's a good idea for every persona to be able to learn every skill no problem.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • WeisskaiserWeisskaiser TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Just leaving this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNpC4qdZmYQ

(And seriously though why the hell did they have to change the name to something abbreviated to "P4A" when that was already taken by the TV series)

Weisskaiser on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    heenato wrote: »
    Honestly, while that IS a good thing to just be able to choose any skills, it kinda kills some of the charm of fusion for me. I mean, if you can just choose the skills with skill cards and such, no reason to have cool little puzzles like get a pixie with megidolaon. Because then you just wait until you get a skill card for it. I mean, one of my crowning moments in P3 was making a jack frost with the dyne skills, simply because it was difficult to do.

I mean, yes. You can get rid of skill shuffle, that serves no purpose. However, I don't think there need to be skill cards. Nor do I think it's a good idea for every persona to be able to learn every skill no problem.

My childhood self wants to kill you for this statement. He's furious.

I remember this guy. This guy took like 8 hours of O and X and O and X and X and O and....

KpiFMfs.jpg

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Man, I don't think I ever noticed it before, but Fuuka's stats are ridiculous. I'm talking, like, 50 more total points than any other similar level character.

camo_sig2.png

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

I remember this guy. This guy took like 8 hours of O and X and O and X and X and O and....

KpiFMfs.jpg
    That endurance is a bit low. You might want to throw a few fortune cards in there.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    I didn't even bother with Orpheus Telos. With all the work just to get freaking Messiah, I called it "good enough". Especially when I got null dark to inherit and just basically made him resistant to everything while flashing out mind charge and Megidolaon, or God's Hand (or whatever it was called). I think I even had power charge on him, but I can't remember.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Man, I don't think I ever noticed it before, but Fuuka's stats are ridiculous. I'm talking, like, 50 more total points than any other similar level character.

Yeah considering that technically you are power-levelling her anytime you go crawling around Tartarus

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I didn't even bother with Orpheus Telos. With all the work just to get freaking Messiah, I called it "good enough". Especially when I got null dark to inherit and just basically made him resistant to everything while flashing out mind charge and Megidolaon, or God's Hand (or whatever it was called). I think I even had power charge on him, but I can't remember.

Telos is for the Elizabeth fight. I had other personas for more general non-boss fight use.

That guy there is immune to all status effects, has anti-crit, high counter, the best regenerate, restore all mana after each battle, and the best single target thunder spell with amp.

KpiFMfs.jpg

I wouldn't settle for a wasted slot like that Poison skill. I'd go crazier.

wVEsyIc.png
    I originally wanted Salvation instead of Regenerate 3... but after 8 hours I took what I could get.

Yeah considering that technically you are power-levelling her anytime you go crawling around Tartarus

No, I mean a level 70 Fuuka has like 253 stat points total compared to a level 70 Yukari or Mitsuru who only had like 211.

camo_sig2.png

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize Mass Destruction was an available track in Persona 4 Arena until yesterday when I played with my kids. I never typically do anything but Auto but my kids sorted through the list because they like choosing things themselves, and sure enough, there it was. It never gets automatically chosen as far as I can tell, so I never heard it.

• bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize Mass Destruction was an available track in Persona 4 Arena until yesterday when I played with my kids. I never typically do anything but Auto but my kids sorted through the list because they like choosing things themselves, and sure enough, there it was. It never gets automatically chosen as far as I can tell, so I never heard it.

Mass Destruction will be the mirror match song for P3 characters (Reach Out to the Truth, appropriately, is it for P4). Otherwise Auto will give you player 2's theme.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I wish the reincarnated version of I'll Face Myself was on the track list. :(

• BigBearBigBear If your life had a face, I would punch it. Registered User regular

I gotta say, the music is definitely one of the biggest reasons I love P4 classic and P4G. The other Persona games have some awesome music as well.

• Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    So...first-gen Persona?
    Or even Persona 3, just ignoring all the stuff that happens post-Fuuka joining.

...but yeah, basically more like Persona 1 and 2. At the very least I'm hoping for "real" dungeons like the first two. Or at least non-random ones.

I'm hoping it'll feature an adult cast if they're aiming for "more mature", similar to P2: EP. I still want Social Links and typical day-to-day activities, but it's high time they try out that route again, I'd say.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
    edited April 2014
    Well, according to the wiki
    Much like the previous installments of the series the game is set in a high school - however, the mood and tone will be different.

Maybe you'll be a teacher! ;)

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Dengeki PlayStation confirmed it's a high school setting.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
    edited April 2014
    Much like the previous installments of the series the game is set in a high school - however, the mood and tone will be different.

Oh man. I would fucking love to play as a teacher.

It's totally not going to happen though. :(

Edit: And they seem to forget that one of those previous installments has you playing as a Working Adult main character?

vagrant_winds on

Oh man. I would fucking love to play as a teacher.

It's totally not going to happen though. :(

Edit: And they seem to forget that one of those previous installments has you playing as a Working Adult main character?

A high school was as much the setting for EP as it was 1 and IS. :P

camo_sig2.png

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    BigBear wrote: »
    I gotta say, the music is definitely one of the biggest reasons I love P4 classic and P4G. The other Persona games have some awesome music as well.

Thanks to you guys I'm on a youtube binge now

God these live concerts are so good, absolutely no surprise that they seem to have one every year

BRIAN BLESSED on
    BigBear wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDl8P0ubMqk

camo_sig2.png

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/27/important-persona-announcement-coming-may-2nd/
    A “super important” Persona announcement will be made on May 2nd, Atlus said on Sunday. (Thanks, Anime News Network)

On May 2nd, Atlus will hold a live stream session titled “Dark Hour TV ~Persona Hour” as part of the promotional campaign for Persona 3 the Movie #2: Misummer Knight’s Dream. The stream will also feature a “super important announcement of a new project”.

Additionally, the stream will also feature special guests.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    Dancing all night, kinect version

Really though, Dark Hour TV? A "super important" Persona announcement after we already got P5? What is it, a Persona HD collection? A P3 re-rerelease? Persona amusement park?

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Do they have a Persona mobile game with microcharges yet? I have to believe that'd make them a ton of money.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Persona 3 Cobalt.
    I would buy the shit out of it.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    Or maybe Atlus might get their thumbs out of their butts and make everything multiplatform forever

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    But then how could they sell the same game to you multiple times over the course of several years...?

uyvfOQy.png
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Mark my words. It's just going to be staticy images of everyone watching's darkest inner thoughts. And then they all get sucked into their monitors.

Persona 5 Portable.

camo_sig2.png

edited April 2014
    Persona 5 Portable.

I would give every individual developer at Atlus whatever sexual favor is most appropriate for their physiology

joshofalltrades on