As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Un-Official Partner Pins

silrnsilrn Fairfax, VARegistered User regular
edited April 2014 in Pinny Arcade
I wanted to take a brief moment and start chronicling, and maybe even recommending a sub-section to the Pinny Pals website regarding some of the Pins out there that aren't Pinny Arcade Pin Trading pins, but are done by people that are truly associated to the Penny Arcade Crew. Most specifically referring to the Strip Searchers, Scott Kurtz, and Kris Straub at this point. I believe this is a complete list (at least of pins since the start of Pinny Arcade Pin Trading), if you know of any additional info or additional pins, please let me know!

Other Artists
Scott Kurtz: Two Pins (Official Pins don't count)
Val the Barbarian Pin - Available through We Love Fine at PAX East and PAX Prime while supplies lasted, no longer made to my knowledge
Skull the Troll - Not the Skull Fart Pin. Also made by We Love Fine, not sure the details of the making and supplies.

Kris Straub: Four Pins (Official Pins don't count)
Broodhollow Kickstarter Skull and Shovels Pin - Kickstarter Pin for backers at $75 or more
Broodhollow Kickstarter Mercy Pin - Kickstarter Pin for backers at $200 or more
Broodhollow Kickstarter Cadavre Pin - Kickstarter Stretch $70k Goal for backers at $55 or more
Broodhollow Kickstarter Town Pride Pin - Kickstarter Stretch $100k Goal for backers at $33 or more

Strip Search Artists
Abby Howard: Two Pins
Last Halloween Ringley Character Pin - Available from Abby at PAX Prime 13, current supply unknown
Last Halloween Kickstarter JSPH Spoonborous Pin - Kickstarter Stretch $30k Goal for backers at $50 or more

Alex Hobbs: No Pins Known (Need additional Info)

Amy Falcone:
Clique Refresh - Clique Refresh Pin, available at PAX Prime 13 and PAX East 14, current supply unknown
Clique Refresh Kickstarter Ether Ruin Pin - Kickstarter Pin for backers at $100 or more

Erika Moen: No Pins Known (Need additional Info)

Katie Rice: No Pins Known (Official Pins don't count)

Lexxy Douglass:
Cloudfactory Kickstarter Luna Bee Pin - Kickstarter Stretch $45k Goal for backers at $45 or more

MacKenzie Schubert: No Pins Known (Need additional Info)

Maki Naro: Seven Pins
Thrinaxodon Dinosaur Pin - Available at PAX Prime 13 and PAX East 14 as well as Sufficiently Remarkable Store
Broomistega Alligator Pin - Available at PAX Prime 13 and PAX East 14 as well as Sufficiently Remarkable Store
Sherlock Crowlmes Pin - Available at PAX Prime 13 and PAX East 14 as well as Sufficiently Remarkable Store
Pineapple Maki Pin - Available at PAX Prime 13, current supply unknown
Sufficiently Remarkable Winged Stag Beetle Bronze Pin - Available at PAX East 14 as well as Sufficiently Remarkable Store
Sufficiently Remarkable Winged Stag Beetle Silver Pin - Available at PAX East 14 as well as Sufficiently Remarkable Store
Sufficiently Remarkable Winged Stag Beetle Gold Kickstarter Pin - Kickstarter Exclusive Pin for backers at $125 or more

Monica Ray: No Pins Known (Need additional Info)

Nick Trujillo: Two Pins
Brothers Hero Pin - Available at PAX Prime 13 and PAX East 14, current supply unknown
Brothers Demon Pin - Available at PAX Prime 13 and PAX East 14, current supply unknown

Tavis Maiden: Three Pins
Stranger Danger Pin - Available at PAX Prime 13, current supply unknown
Tenko King Kickstarter Pin - Kickstarter Stretch $15k Goal for backers at $50 or more, also available at PAX East 14, current supply unknown
Tenko King Kickstarter King of Foxes Pin - Kickstarter Pin for backers at $75 or more

Ty Halley: No Pins Known (Need additional Info)

silrn on

• Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    I get the point behind having this in a section, as some of these pins I absolutely love…but I feel like calling them Pinny Arcade Pin Pal Pins is a bit misleading. The only way that PA lets people have official PA pins is through paying them for the licensing fee….and while these pins are cool, they are in no way associated with PA. I don't know what else to call this thread…I just feel like PA Pin Pal Pins shouldn't be it…..:/

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yea, Pin Pals is already something everyone calls themselves for trading. Call the thread something like "Unofficial PA pins" or something like that.

Anyway, I'm sad I forgot to inquire about the Last Halloween pin at East.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    "Unofficial Partner Pins", since these aren't even Penny Arcade related. I do wish I had Scott's other Skull pin. I like it more than the official Pinny one. :/

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Vaanrose wrote: »
    "Unofficial Partner Pins", since these aren't even Penny Arcade related. I do wish I had Scott's other Skull pin. I like it more than the official Pinny one. :/

This ^. I would be pleased with this thread if this were the name. lol

• Options
    grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    If people want to trade these, I'd be to happy to add them to the website.

But I think it would need to come with some limitations, I think to avoid confusion, I would have to limit them to being traded only with themselves or with PA pins traded against them but not being able to trade them against PA pins. If that make sense :)

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Options
    brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

Probably the PAX Forum Community Pin would fall in this category?

• Options
    I would just leave the trading of these pins to the forums. Why add confusion to the site when it is made for Penny Arcade pins?

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    grgemonkey wrote: »
    If people want to trade these, I'd be to happy to add them to the website.

But I think it would need to come with some limitations, I think to avoid confusion, I would have to limit them to being traded only with themselves or with PA pins traded against them but not being able to trade them against PA pins. If that make sense :)

Oh god that would be a mess, no!

Not that I have a problem with the thread.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    As long as you properly label them as non pa pins then sure add them to the site. Some people (like myself) are only going for 'true' pa pins, if i ever get a non pa pin i put it aside as a separate collection.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    I think the option of trading for or with these pins should as always be up to the Pin Trader themselves.

I intended this thread to be more of a catalog of outsider Pins that are of significant interest to many of us. Because ALL of us are fans of Penny Arcade and many of us are fans of Strip Search and PA Friends. I ran into these pins at PAX Prime and picked up a number of them, despite not being Penny Arcade Pins because of being fans of Strip Search. At PAX East 14, so many of the Pin Traders had comments about my "other" pins and were either surprised that they existed or upset that they missed out on them, because they stood in line for Katie, Scott, and Kris's pins, but didn't know that Tavis, Maki, and Amy had pins available at East.

• Options
    I really wanted that Ether Ruin ($100 tier) pin, but I don't think I could've justified it. Hopefully I can trade for that (or I think Amy was going to release a different version for everyone later on).

Ether Ruin pin:
    image-304964-full.jpg?1375859488

Also, this thread is great. This is the Pinny Arcade part of the forums. I think other pin talk is something that will help keep this place chatty.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Yeah I really want to track down a Skull Pin and an Ether Ruin Pin. At this point a Gold Winged Stag Beetle Pin would be nice to complete that subset.... But I don't think I'll be able to get a hold of Abby's or Straub's pins at this point.

I don't know if the store is only open to Kickstarter backers, but Lexxy did just open up some of her Kickstarter items in a special store to the backers, she might open them up to everyone else if they don't sell out, she definitely had some extra Bee pins available.

• Options
    NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    I Knew there where a few other pins but not this many!! Could the thread collaborate into providing pictures of all these pins? If I can't have at least I can look !

• Options
    I've currently got 15 of 23 of the pins listed, I'd be happy to get up some pictures, at the moment though I'm out of country away from my collection, so its another week or 2 before I'll be able to get pictures of them up.

• Options
    JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    Every time I see someone walking around with a lanyard full of pins that aren't Pinny Arcade, a little part of me supernovas and curses myself for my eyes being so drawn to shiny things. I had to untrain myself from looking at everyone's chest at PAX East.

Does anyone else have this problem.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Umm.. yes..

>_>

• Options
    Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    Received the LRR Kickstarter Pin today:
    LLRPIN_zpse315d3e3.jpg