As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Wow, you need a primer.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    nvm, found the columns section of themittani.com, got some reading to do.

Is there a way to look at a character on an inactive account?

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    It was Karttoon who went f-goons. Vile Rat was the head diplomat for the CFC and, sadly, was killed in the attack on Benghazi a year and a half ago.

The tl;dr is that GSF was in the wilderness for a bit after dropping sov in Delve, then ended up in Deklein with TNT. Joined the old NC, it fell apart, the current CFC was formed from some of the remnants and has been growing ever since. The coalition currently holds the western half of nullsec.

Ellthiteren on
  • onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    nvm, found the columns section of themittani.com, got some reading to do.

Is there a way to look at a character on an inactive account?
    You'd need an API key to view skills, which are only valid if the account is active. CCP doesn't have any sort of character viewer outside of game.

onesixty2 on
    I thought you could log in to an inactive EVE account, create an API key, and plug it in to EVEMon or any similar application?

• MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    I'm new, so I can't help you with the history, bit vile rat died...

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
    It was Karttoon who went f-goons. Vile Rat was the head diplomat for the CFC and, sadly, was killed in the attack on Benghazi a year and a half ago.

The tl;dr is that GSF was in the wilderness for a bit after dropping sov in Delve, then ended up in Deklein with TNT. Joined the old NC, it fell apart, the current CFC was formed from some of the remnants and has been growing ever since. The coalition currently holds the western half of nullsec.

Well, mind is blown at the moment.

Steam
    I thought you could log in to an inactive EVE account, create an API key, and plug it in to EVEMon or any similar application?

Just tried this, but if the account is inactive, the API link will be empty of data, apparently. What was the ship fitting app?

Steam

Just tried this, but if the account is inactive, the API link will be empty of data, apparently. What was the ship fitting app?
    https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=24359 eve fit thing

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014

Well, mind is blown at the moment.

For more details:

At the time of the Great Sov Drop, we were under siege from IT Alliance (latest version of BOB) based in Fountain after their removal of Pandemic Legion, AAA based in Catch, and essentially everyone else not in the Northern Coalition or Drone Regions. We had managed to win the sov battles, but were hemorrhaging moons. During this period, Niart Epar failed to correctly configure sovereignty bill payments after the launch of the Dominion sov system. Numerous systems (none Merch, and I think the other pubbie alliances were similarly competent) lost sov on the first bill collection day after the patch, among which were N0L-, our main subcap staging system, and J-L, our cap staging system. We were unable to retake the systems, and went into full evac mode, with xttz personally reconfiguring the jump bridges in Delve to get us an easy evac route, titans being used to cannon freighters to lowsec, etc. This is the point where Kartoon, returning from his honeymoon, went "fuckgoons" taking the Alliance name, Goonfleet corporation name and most assets.

Now poor as shit, we went to Syndicate and Cloud Ring under Mittens' direction due to its concentration of R64 moons. Darius "Yelling Man" Johnson is brought back to be Goonwaffe CEO and lead the fledgling alliance of SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSO [LODRA]. Took some moons, then got beat to a pulp by the supercarriers of Ev0ke, Dead Terrorists, and Cry Havok. The Great Pubbie Purge and Great Pubbie Rebellion also occur around this time, resulting in Battlestars being kicked, and IGNE and ARSEd leaving. Fortunately for us, Tau Ceti Federation lets us crash on their couch in DKUK for a bit in their region of Deklein. Around this time, the alliance reforms under the moniker Goonswarm Federation and Mittens becomes CEO. TCF decides its time has come and goes to Venal to die, leaving us to inherit Deklein. Along with the space, we inherit a number of "guest residents" and promised to treat them well. However, several of the guests actively refuse to participate in strategic operations and/or actively attempt to sabotage us, so they get purged. The one survivor of this period is Tactical Narcotics Team, who is with us to this day.

Nominally not a member of the Northern Coalition, we cobble together a clusterfuck of a coalition to increase our odds of survival, and the CFC is born (Gentleman's Agreement, Spacemonkey's Alliance, Fatal Ascension, Get Off My Lawn, Fidelas Constans, and others). One of our first actions is the purging of Cloud Ring.

During our time in the wilderness of Syndicate and Cloud Ring, a small corporation named Dreddit, with members based around the Reddit community, was encountered. Feeling nostalgia for newbies dicking around in frigates, we invited them to join the CFC and crash our our couch in Deklein for a while. Later, we push IT Alliance out of Fountain and give the region to Test Alliance Please Ignore, Dreddit's alliance.

At some point, OTEC, a consortium of technetium producers to artificially increase the price of technetium because CCP "rebalanced" moon minerals (by making technetium, an R32 found almost entirely in the North, the bottleneck for T2 production), is formed. This makes us hilariously wealthy.

The Northern Coalition dies when the Drone Russian Federation (Solar Fleet, Legion of xXDeathXx, White Noise.) and other hostile alliances (Pandemic Legion, Northern Coalition., Raiden., probably others as well) invade. This results in us in Deklein with hostiles to the north (White Noise.), and east (NC. and friends). At some point, PL and friends try to headshot the CFC by attacking our capital at VFK, but they are repulsed.

Eventually, we push White Noise., which was basically dead already, out of Branch. This is followed by evicting Raiden. from Tenal and returning the space to RAZOR, one of the few former NC alliances not to go :fuckgoons:. Sometime later, TEST takes Delve from IT Alliance with the assistance of PL and friends, eventually leaving the CFC and forming their own coalition (Honeybadger Coalition). This is followed by the completion of the purge of the North after the removal of NC. from Tribute.

TEST tries to finagle an invasion of the CFC with their coalition, but fails, and eventually the HBC collapses for unrelated reasons. We invaded Fountain for Fountain's R64 moons as CCP his finally rebalanced technetium. TEST is propped up by N3 (coalition made up mostly by Nulli Secunda and NC.) and PL. However, N3 and PL lose the will to save TEST, and TEST quickly folds in Fountain. TEST proceeds to collapse of their own volition in Delve and we inherit Delve for free. With the taking of the North and West, we have too much space. During the invasion of Fountain, N3's renter alliance was disbanded and the amount the renters produced was revealed to be in the hundreds of billions per month, so we decide to fill our excess space with renters, and the Great Western Co-Prosperity Sphere is born.

Finally, most recently, the Russians in the South invaded N3 in the east, beginning the Halloween War. We jump in as "honorable third parties", eventually resulting in the battle of BR-. N3 is pushed out of several regions, but recent events have resulted in the retaking of many (most?) of those regions after our withdrawal and the collapse of the Russian front. We have returned home to clean our backyard.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    That industry blog.

As someone who just moved their HiSec production out the Null because fuck Standings Grinds, I'm torn about being able to setup a POS anywhere without standings. We won't know until we see the actual numbers, but this and the removal of "slots for jobs" really looks like a buff to HiSec industry.

Outside of that, I'm fairly excited about these changes. The first three quarters of that blog are simple common sense things that won't have an impact but will make it way easier to understand/do. Quality of life things. But there are a few things that are going to be pretty major. It's about damn time BPO's are required to leave the saftey of their stations. But the POS interface for production is shit. Here's hoping that's part of the revamp.

• EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Lochiel wrote: »
    That industry blog.

As someone who just moved their HiSec production out the Null because fuck Standings Grinds, I'm torn about being able to setup a POS anywhere without standings. We won't know until we see the actual numbers, but this and the removal of "slots for jobs" really looks like a buff to HiSec industry.

Outside of that, I'm fairly excited about these changes. The first three quarters of that blog are simple common sense things that won't have an impact but will make it way easier to understand/do. Quality of life things. But there are a few things that are going to be pretty major. It's about damn time BPO's are required to leave the saftey of their stations. But the POS interface for production is shit. Here's hoping that's part of the revamp.

Ready your dreads, we are going POS hunting.

Holy shit Baidol, that's a pretty grand write up.

Ethea wrote: »
    Ready your dreadsAmarr battleships, we are going POS huntingto kill ourselves.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Ethea wrote: »
    Ready your dreadsAmarr battleships, we are going POS huntingto kill ourselves.

We have returned to the good old days of AFK POS bashing.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    atleast now we do it with supers and dreads instead of 200 stealth bombers

Alright nerds, theorycrafting time: what ship should I take out to die horribly in about 45 minutes. I'm thinking something along the lines of Gorn's Scythe of DOOM (tm).

• DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Gorn's Scythe of DOOM™

™ is Alt 0153

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
    Dual Archons. Never not use Dual Archons. If your only using one and you find yourself hotdropped, be sure to warp that 2nd one in as quick as you can.

I can't do two Archons, but I can bring a Thanatos, Nidhoggur, and Battle Rorqual!

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    That industry blog.

You still have to be in an alt corp to do anything interesting in Industry, though, right? Due to POS roles being stupid as hell?

edited April 2014
    Yeah, you'd want an alt corp; though it is not only because POS roles are stupid as hell. Creating a system where you could give private access to individual people for their own POS would be even dumber than the current system and probably more complicated than just making an alt corp.

There are many other huge advantages to having an alt corp - your own offices, all your own corp hangars, corp wallet, corp contracts, and so on - and replicating these within a single corporation would be even more stupid and complex.

Edit: I think you can use locked down BPOs while a corp member, so if you're just making things in station you might be ok staying in your main corp. Not sure how that works if you want to make things in a POS.

Ellthiteren on
    We have a few more devblogs to go, including a UI overhaul. But even if CCP defies expectations and revamps Corp roles; Ellthiteren is right, an alt corp provides a lot more benifit that just a POS.

Something that Malkanis said elsewhere implied that the goal of this was to move manufacturing out of HiSec; but because he is useless and refuses to violate the NDA we don't know how that will actually be accomplished. Perhaps Outposts will have their scaling costs set by the holding corp? Cheap, near-inifate production slots in null? That might be enough to move the majority of production out of HiSec.

The station owner will be able to set some sort of cost, and get those fees, but at least some of the scaling cost will be out of their control and will not go to them.

I don't do industry and don't really plan to, but I'm still pretty excited to see what they come up with in the next couple devblogs. More players, more engaged players, more things to blow up, its all good.

If the nullsec production scaling costs are more expensive than running a POS in Highsec, then mission failure. The proximity to market, the ease of logistics, and the relative saftey of a POS in highsec will make it a no brainer. I don't think it'll be hard to make outpost production more desierable though, so if that is CCP's goal then there is no reason it won't happen. Except, you know, :CCP:

I want to see the numbers; Malkanis seems to believe that this will shift production to nullsec, which excites me.

Well yeah, of course, and it's just a confirmation that scaling costs will still affect outposts. We don't know how they'll work, how outpost costs work, and so on. In any event, the mineral compression changes alone will encourage more production to happen in nullsec.

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    HEY! I have a CD key fora Commissioned Officer edition of the game. I am not going to use this anytime soon. If you would like it, please PM me. Don't care if you're a bitter vet wanting a 14th account or a new guy just looking at the game.
    aaaaaaaannnnnnnnddd its been claimed.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    If the nullsec production scaling costs are more expensive than running a POS in Highsec, then mission failure. The proximity to market, the ease of logistics, and the relative saftey of a POS in highsec will make it a no brainer. I don't think it'll be hard to make outpost production more desierable though, so if that is CCP's goal then there is no reason it won't happen. Except, you know, :CCP:

I want to see the numbers; Malkanis seems to believe that this will shift production to nullsec, which excites me.

More specifically: I believe that the goal is to equalise production. So that it's viable to produce in hi-sec and 0.0

Whether the specific numbers will lead to that outcome is, frankly, beyond me, but the meta-goal is to produce a system that can be relatively easily tweaked further down the line to approach that goal if it's not hit the first time.

Burn Jita, year 3, will be happening this weekend. My Catalysts are ready.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    If any of you dear people might happen to be in Edinburgh on May 24th, I shall see you at the gathering there.

edited April 2014
    By way of explanation, Burn Jita is when we go to the biggest trade hub in the game and suicide gank every freighter or jump freighter that is trying to move stuff in or out of the system. We use a bunch of small, high damage ships, so it costs us about 100 million isk for every 2 to 10 billion isk in damage that we cause. Pretty good ratio!

We're using Catalysts:
    CWqVK7j.png

This is us blowing up an Anshar, a jump freighter worth about 7 billion isk (~$150 if you bought game time cards with real money and then sold them in-game for isk):
    byjKN4P.png

As you can see, we all die in the process but who cares - explosions!!!
    nDhQ3vM.png

Sometimes we even get the loot, sometimes not. 15 minutes later, we repeat the process. And we have 2 or 3 fleets doing this nonstop for at least three days. Total losses so far are approaching the 300 billion isk mark!

Note: These screenshots are with graphics at minimum, with 2000 ships in system plus hundreds of NPC police ships, plus me running 2 to 5 accounts at the same time, it helps reduce lag.

Ellthiteren on
    Max graphics screenshot time:

Undocking:
    Be0wB0t.jpg

Aligning towards the target:
    7IwBT1e.png

Locked up and ready to shoot:
    2z2srhr.png

About ten seconds later:
    32PRbYJ.png

Oh god the police are here!
    XDWQQHD.jpg

Killmail: https://zkillboard.com/kill/38446263/

edited April 2014
    Just killed someone with a PA quote in their bio.

Paxol, if you're reading this, I enjoy your taste in webcomics and the beauty of your Providence as it transformed into a firework and showered Jita with it's cargo.

Lochiel on
    Best kill yet:

uNHNUpj.png

And yes, Hugh Hefner got the final blow.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Are we dudebros with TNT right now, or all enmities put aside for the greater good?

If by 'dudebros' you mean Blue, yes we are blue to TNT unless shit hit the fan over my vacation (it didn't)

Burn jita is basically, don't undock a freigther you dipshit, we're burning the place to the ground. If your FC tells you to shoot it, you shoot it. Blue or green (especially green)

• CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    We've been blue to TNT for like three years. They were in Deklein before we were.

I play sporadically at best.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I was talking to a buddy of mine who is interested in game design about the fascinating struggles CCP had with the Goons: specifically how the swarm figured out how to abuse frigates to dominate, and CCP spent years trying to find a way to tip the balance away from them again. Everything from new ships, etc. onward.

Can anyone think of a good wiki or something that I could refer him to in order to read up on it, other than the old private swarm wiki?

What is this I don't even.