As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Help

haylz15haylz15 Registered User new member
I haven't smoked in maybe a month and it was the first time in 2 years I took 3 small pulls off a blunt and I'm going to have to take a hair follicle test thru the courts to get custody of my nieces what's the easies cheapest way to help me pass that? Also want to note that I have no idea when I'll have to take this test and don't plan on touching pot again will coloring my hair now help at all?

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    If that is the only time, and the amount you say is true, then you likely don't have too much to worry about. Hair tests have thresholds for substances, and they allow for possibilities such as secondary smoke.

No, colouring your hair won't help. Peroxide doesn't destroy the evidence. Think of your hair as a pipe, carrying a cable inside. Bleaching your hair is the equivalent of painting the pipe, and the hair test is about snapping the pipe open to get at the cable.

Don't bother with "flush" kits, or washes. The washes are the same as bleach. The "flush" kits are usually repackaged Gatorade. Once you use, that is encoded into the hair. You can't beat it.

Don't shave your head. Other body hair can be used, and if you Nair your whole body that looks more suspicious than slight cannabis use.

What you need to do is use statistics. A hair test looks at a 90 day snapshot (about 1.5 inches). If you really only used for 1 of those 90, that's a little over 1%. Don't add to that percentage and you are within the margin of error for these tests.

Also, you haven't said where you live. Colorado and Washington made it legal, so I wouldn't expect it to be used as a way to exclude custody.

For when you have to take the test, in the custody case I have personal experience in, the court ordered the defendant to take the test the same day, with results back in three weeks. That was a 7 day urine, 90 day and 180 day hair combined test. That was due to evidence of prolonged, severe drug use being introduced into the case, with their ability to care for the children called into question. Depending on the circumstances, your test could be done more as routine, in which case you will be told to go to the testing centre within a certain time frame.

• haylz15haylz15 Registered User new member
    In live in Iowa n yes iv only used that one time.. Thanks for ur help now I won't have to stress over it anymore.