As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MegaTen/Persona] Rise Kujikawa enters the Arena! Japan gets Ultra Suplexed on 2014/8/28

• bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Maybe I'm just a negative nancy today, but I'll be happy if it's even a game. The stream is also going to go over the events of the first P3 movie, so tying the announcement to the anime makes me think the project is a P4 movie or something and the special guests are VAs.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm thinking it's anime / movie related as well.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Yeah, almost certainly. I mean there's already, what, four Persona games on the way? Another would be crazy.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Why they even bother releasing P5 on console first when everybody knows it's P5P that's gonna sell gangbusters.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    Let's not act like Persona 5 won't sell.

camo_sig2.png

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »

Yeah, I'll buy it.
    When it gets ported to Vita.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I really want a canon, female main character Persona 5 protagonist.

The last time the series had one was 14 years ago, and I want one in the new dating sim/dungeon crawling Persona style. Doing a FeMC P3 run makes me want it even more.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    bss wrote: »
    a P4 movie

But we... already got that.

D:

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It's a PS4 port of Persona 4 Golden with a new FeMC
    v0LJA.jpg

But it will sell even better on the Playstation Ether, the next portable by sony.

camo_sig2.png
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Where's this belief coming from that Persona games sell better on handhelds?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    From the depths of my soul. My own Persona told me it was true.

camo_sig2.png
    Maz- wrote: »

Not sell better

Play better

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Persona 5 PS3/PS4/VITA with Cross-Pray

(Not a typo)

(Also, not a racism)

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Drez wrote: »

(Not a typo)

(Also, not a racism)

Cross-Pray sounds an awful lot like a bunch of nerds dressing up as Bible characters at a dorky convention

Maz- wrote: »

The reality is that a persona in my pants is better than persona at home. It's just basic science.

Drez wrote: »

(Not a typo)

(Also, not a racism)

Cross-Pray sounds an awful lot like a bunch of nerds dressing up as Bible characters at a dorky convention

Light shines on the heaven
    The earth the spirit
    Light brings glory and grace
    May it open your eyes to the truth
    Shanti
    Shanti

Well, finished P3P...now it's on to P4 I guess. Not Golden, but the original version has its plusses. Like a good Chie voice.

camo_sig2.png

What is the point of being needlessly controversial about Chie's Golden voice

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

Every time someone complains about Chie's voice, Alice gets someone to Die for Her. :P

PSN|AspectVoid
    edited April 2014
    My brother who is a fucking die hard obsessive SMT enthusiast was in a righteous indignation about Chie's P4G voice, and then about 10 hours in he texted me saying that it had grown on him, and then by the end of the game he was convinced it was better

So you know

Opinions!

joshofalltrades on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Don't worry Josh, I got this.

Exhibit A: Exhibit B:
    I feel confident that everyone will make the right choice.

I just expressed my opinion, dude.

camo_sig2.png

I wish the hiimdaisy comics were still easy to find

camo_sig2.png

I just expressed my opinion, dude.

You're welcome to it!

I just think Erin Fitzgerald did a damn good job, and as somebody who has had to replace somebody else in the arts industry before, it may just strike a nerve with me that some people won't give the replacement a shot. I've listened to the old Chie and I can agree that the voice itself may be a better fit for the character, but the acting is... not good. Whereas new Chie sounds a little too chipper at first but then you get used to it, and the acting is far superior. I would much rather have a good VA with the casting being a little weird than have the voice be perfect for the character but the acting be weird in places.

edited April 2014
    Eh. Erin Fitzgerald wasn't bad. She was just not as good as OG Chie. But then, she's usually really hit or miss for me, so...

(just for the record, I've watched a bunch of scenes of Golden on Youtube + Arena so I am at least passingly familiar with both.)

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

My point is that with a game as beloved as Persona 4, I think it's more fair to give Erin Fitzgerald a break. Tracey Rooney wasn't able to return, so somebody had the unenviable job of replacing the voice of one of the main cast of characters in a game people hold really strong opinions about. Even if you think the old voice is better, EF still did really good, considering the inevitable and predictable tide of "it's different and now I don't like it" that the Internet is so fond of.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I like both Chie voices.

Just like I like both Teddie voices.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    My point is that with a game as beloved as Persona 4, I think it's more fair to give Erin Fitzgerald a break. Tracey Rooney wasn't able to return, so somebody had the unenviable job of replacing the voice of one of the main cast of characters in a game people hold really strong opinions about. Even if you think the old voice is better, EF still did really good, considering the inevitable and predictable tide of "it's different and now I don't like it" that the Internet is so fond of.

I feel like we could go at this forever, so let's agree to disagree? I will end my part on this by saying I meant no disrespect to Erin Fitzgerald or anyone who prefers that version of Chie. Just that I prefer Tracey Rooney's Chie.

Also, let's find some common ground: Nanako is awesome.

camo_sig2.png

It's funny that more than a few people wanted Nanako to be a playable character in P4A2. What would her shadow version have even been like?
    I mean, this is after Dojima ostensibly got his act together at home and Nanako made peace with her mom dying.

• gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    I like her new VA. There's one scene I'll never be able to forget just because of how bad the old VA's delivery was.

• Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    So I just beat Strange Journey at 78:34 hours. I was going to start Radiant Historia once I was finished, but I think I'll take a break and play a Professor Layton game instead.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
    Goddamn, I love Persona 4. It's made even more clear to me when I play it directly after Persona 3, which is...not my favorite, to say the least.

camo_sig2.png

Atlus wrote:
    Since we're in the middle of Golden Week, we decided to celebrate by putting Persona 4 Golden on sale at the lowest price it's ever been. You can pick it up right now on the PlayStation Store for more than 50% off its regular price! (Non-PS+ subscribers can get it for 35% off!) If you were planning to get the Vita Slim when it launches on May 6...well, we'll let you connect those dots.

Quick, someone give me a Vita!

camo_sig2.png

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I feel like I enjoy P3 and 4 a little less when I replay them... whereas I like P2 a little more each time. Maybe I'm just a masochist.

wVEsyIc.png
    Atlus wrote:
    Since we're in the middle of Golden Week, we decided to celebrate by putting Persona 4 Golden on sale at the lowest price it's ever been. You can pick it up right now on the PlayStation Store for more than 50% off its regular price! (Non-PS+ subscribers can get it for 35% off!) If you were planning to get the Vita Slim when it launches on May 6...well, we'll let you connect those dots.

Wait, so you love P4 better than 3 and it's the PS2 version? Damn, dude, you're in for a treat then.

camo_sig2.png
    Atlus wrote:

Wait, so you love P4 better than 3 and it's the PS2 version? Damn, dude, you're in for a treat then.

Does this mean you'e giving me a Vita? ;)

Anyway, I think I would worship Golden just for the ability to choose which skills my Personas get. "Oh, Margaret, you want to see a Black Frost with Auto-Sukukaja? Well I want to show you one. X, O, X, O, X, O, X, O, X, O..."

camo_sig2.png

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Atlus wrote:

Does this mean you'e giving me a Vita? ;)

Anyway, I think I would worship Golden just for the ability to choose which skills my Personas get. "Oh, Margaret, you want to see a Black Frost with Auto-Sukukaja? Well I want to show you one. X, O, X, O, X, O, X, O, X, O..."

Why not pick up the new Slim Bundle?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited May 2014
    $$$

I'm hoping to be able to find a used one for cheap after the Slim hits.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    $$$

I'm hoping to be able to find a used one for cheap after the Slim hits.

Well, the old models have actually gone up in price since Sony recalled them from stores.

1000 Model: Way way way way way better screen.
    2000 Model: Much lighter, uses standard USB instead of proprietary USB charger, slightly better battery life, and internal 1gb memory so you can at least have some cart-based game saves on that.
    32gb memory cards are ~$70. 64gb memory cards around ~$100. Anything less isn't recommended.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //