As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Every week when the weekly deals go up, I get really happy if there's nothing on said deals that I want.

This is mainly because I'm nearing 150 games on Steam alone, and have only beaten a total of 12 of them. o.O

Edit: Also sort of glad that my "Giftality" thing from the previous thread didn't make the OP. Helps people forget me. ;)

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Iron Sky Invasion, the game tie-in to the greatest "Nazis invade from the Moon" movie ever is only $4 this week.

Also, SteamWorld Dig is $5

And Silent Storm is $2.50

SteevL on
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Damn it. I just realized that I uninstalled Risk of Rain and it took the saves too. Guess I'll have to unlock all that stuff all over again. It's annoying, in this day and age of massive Steam libraries, that games remove their saves when they uninstall.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Iron Sky Invasion, the game tie-in to the greatest "Nazis invade from the Moon" movie ever is only $4 this week.

Also, SteamWorld Dig is $5

And Silent Storm is $2.50

If you want a pretty game that is short to beat and involves you being a mining robot in a combat-light Metroidvania sort of thing then SteamWorld Dig is the game for you. And $5 is a great price for it.

camo_sig2.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    To, I wanna say.... @Icemopper who asked the other day, and anyone else interested, I'm gonna change my recommendation for Endless Legend to buy if you're interested in a Civ V meets HoMM in the Endless universe game and don't mind the jankyness of early access. I put some more time into it and its got more than I had initially thought; but like the first version of Dungeons of the Endless you have to start new games a few times to get your groove with the systems until they release some patches with better instructions.

It's still got plenty of rough edges, and some features are pretty obtuse currently (why can I not figure out how much Industry I currently have?), but if you're willing to read descriptions and take the time, it's actually really fun.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

That looks kind of amazing. Also, the screenshots make it look like Sarah Palin is both the president and some sort of physical therapist.
    jclast wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »

If you want a pretty game that is short to beat and involves you being a mining robot in a combat-light Metroidvania sort of thing then SteamWorld Dig is the game for you. And $5 is a great price for it.

Yes, yes, yes. Steamworld Dig is incredibly fun, with great exploration and upgrade pacing. And it doesn't overstay its welcome, which is a huge plus for those of us in the time-constrained category.

EDIT: Plus Steam cards. :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Iolo wrote: »

That looks kind of amazing. Also, the screenshots make it look like Sarah Palin is both the president and some sort of physical therapist.

You need to watch the movie. Need. It is quite wonderful.

Jazz on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @The Brayster‌ has bro'ed me up with Broforce, bro.

They should call you The Bro'ster. Ok, maybe not. Thanks bro.

• xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    I finally broke and have start trying to trade cards to complete badges (even idled a game yesterday, so ashamed :open_mouth:). I can't help but feel there an easier way to view and trade stuff on Steam, something like a "find cards in my inventory that this person might want, based on their other cards and gaps they have" button, am I missing something?

steam_sig.png
    To, I wanna say.... @Icemopper who asked the other day, and anyone else interested, I'm gonna change my recommendation for Endless Legend to buy if you're interested in a Civ V meets HoMM in the Endless universe game and don't mind the jankyness of early access. I put some more time into it and its got more than I had initially thought; but like the first version of Dungeons of the Endless you have to start new games a few times to get your groove with the systems until they release some patches with better instructions.

It's still got plenty of rough edges, and some features are pretty obtuse currently (why can I not figure out how much Industry I currently have?), but if you're willing to read descriptions and take the time, it's actually really fun.

Sure enough, as soon as I post this, I see an update for the game that put a manual in the game files. Not accessible in-game but there's a 67 page PDF in the directory under Manuals that gives the lowdown on whats what.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    In my attempts to avoid Dark Souls 2

ERROR . . . DOES NOT COMPUTE . . .

FORMAT C:? (Y/N)

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Iron Sky is a minimum 3 beer movie. It blows it's load 40 minutes in and then creaks along to the ending, but get buzzed and eat some pizza with friends and it's ok.

Silent Storm, on the other hand, is a better use of Nazis. It's Xcom in World War 2 where you can destroy EVERYTHING.

Like, there are Nazis on the second floor. You can A) walk up the stairs, maybe into a trap, shoot some Nazis in the faces or arms or whatnot. B. Shoot through the floor, possibly killing some Nazis and maybe destroying the floor, dumping the remaining Nazis onto your floor. C) Plant C4 and/or other explosives on the foundations of the building, blowing it up, crashing it down and killing all Nazi motherfuckers inside.

Silen Storm is HELLA dope.

I bought it on Steam last time it was on sale, despite already owning it on GoG because it's a great game and maybe, just maybe, someone will make a sequel.

xiears wrote: »
    I finally broke and have start trying to trade cards to complete badges (even idled a game yesterday, so ashamed :open_mouth:). I can't help but feel there an easier way to view and trade stuff on Steam, something like a "find cards in my inventory that this person might want, based on their other cards and gaps they have" button, am I missing something?

There are some things the Enhanced Steam plug-in for browsers helps with in the cards and inventory regard, but it still feels more or less arcane as a system.

And I feel no shame in idling games. I'm doing so now. In fact, I'm near done in doing so to grab all the card drops I can. I've been selling the leftovers, and should be able to buy up the cards I need to craft badges come the Summer Sale, as I remember someone saying that there was some rewarding thing during the last sale.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Does this game use gamespy and can I tie it to my battlefield account and unlock the m1 grand?

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/battlefield-1942/pc-download/base-game/play-for-free

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    It does use GameSpy and I dunno about unlocking the M1. I installed it a few weeks ago and there's still a ton of servers for it, though.

I'm kind of mad I can't link my battlefield 2 account, but that was such a shitstorm to register, I cannot remember what I used to register.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Lots of good deals this week. Silent Storm is a great game. Inquisitor i don't know about but its supposedly a big long RPG of the ye old big long RPG games. Star Wolves 1 and 3 are also pretty good with Star Wolves 1 being, by a decent margin, the best but Star Wolves 3 running by far, the best, and Star Wolves 2 being the best at being Star Wolves 3, if Star Wolves 3 ran like Star Wolves 1 that had someone go in and add bugs and slowdowns then punch the developers for trying to fix things.

wbBv3fj.png
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Silent Storm is excellent until mechanazis start showing up. It's not because I demand absolute authenticity from my turn-based WW2 tactics game (I'm all for ridiculous alternate-reality mumbo jumbo shit), but because were just not fun to play against.

Still a great combat engine, though.

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    hrm. PvZ Garden Warfare is going to be on Origin. Wonder if steam will get it too.

http://www.pvzgardenwarfare.com/

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
    hrm. PvZ Garden Warfare is going to be on Origin. Wonder if steam will get it too.

http://www.pvzgardenwarfare.com/

you-think-youre-funny-but-youre-not.jpg

I haven't been following any of it. It's all news to me. But the proof is at the bottom of that page. Pre-Order on Origin.

steam_sig.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Inquisitor is janky as all get out and just not very engaging mechanically, some people seem to quite like it but that's probably the Stockholm syndrome talking.

@The Brayster‌ hit me up with Metal Slug 3. He's awesome, everybody tell him how awesome he is.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    I haven't been following any of it. It's all news to me. But the proof is at the bottom of that page. Pre-Order on Origin.

Does EA release anything on Steam anymore?

Does EA release anything on Steam anymore?

Sims 3 xpacks, apparently.

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    "@Dyvim Tvar" hit me with Iron Sky Invasion.

Space Nazis. Need I say more?

The Brayster on
    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    "@Dyvim Tvar" hit me with Iron Sky Invasion.

Space Nazis. Need I say more?
    Paging @Dyvim Tvar. Will a Mr. @Dyvim Tvar please report to awesome services?

camo_sig2.png
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Silent Storm is excellent until mechanazis start showing up. It's not because I demand absolute authenticity from my turn-based WW2 tactics game (I'm all for ridiculous alternate-reality mumbo jumbo shit), but because were just not fun to play against.

Still a great combat engine, though.

Mechanazi removal was the first mod, I believe.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »

You need to watch the movie. Need. It is quite wonderful.

It really is.

Haven't played the game, heard it isn't all that good. But the movie is like....that special level of self-aware stupid which is just absolutely hilarious.

They're making both a prequel and a sequel.

Here's the movie trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc
    Hail Hydra

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Y

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I think I'm just going to have to admit I'm terrible at it and let Dark Souls go, I managed to get past the magic dude in the church and got to the roof... ouch! I don't see myself getting past that

steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    rikdaly wrote: »
    I think I'm just going to have to admit I'm terrible at it and let Dark Souls go, I managed to get past the magic dude in the church and got to the roof... ouch! I don't see myself getting past that

I don't recall the roof having any enemies.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. You weren't talking Dark Souls II. Yeah, that fight is a real wake-up call.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    yeah, I'm fairly behind the times :)

steam_sig.png
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular

You were in the same camp not to long ago - not sure what happened to you. Guess you really like serving that Newell guy.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    But the iron sky game looks like a generic space shooter. Does it have the charm appeal and wackiness of the film?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    rikdaly wrote: »
    yeah, I'm fairly behind the times :)

As am I. ;)

And this is what worries me about getting into Dark Souls at all. It'll become personal. I'll rage play the fucker until I beat whatever's been killing me, then shout profanities at the screen, I just know it.

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Woo! Birthday sometime this week, so it's time for my usual hobbit giveaway: Gifts for everyone!!! (Well, some of you at least). Funds are almost nonexistent so I had to resort to whatever I had in my inventory/keys.txt/cardmonies. Hope you guys enjoy! :smile:

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

I also have these games to giveaway, but I can't create steamgifts giveaways for them for some reason. Just shoot me a PM if you are interested in any of these:

PID
    Enclave
    Super Sanctum TD
    Snuggle Truck

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    @Drake kindly gifted it to me, so I tried out Depths of Fear :: Knossos (why the double-colon?) last night. Although misleadingly pitched as Theseus vs. minotaur, my first opponent was a lowly satyr.

Armed with a wooden stick, a toga and a pair of sandals, I ventured into the darkness. Almost immediately, the satyr spotted me. Cue several minutes of running for my life, culminating with me hiding in a cupboard. Yes, there are cupboards in the Labyrinth. (This part reminded me of Deadly Premonition. Good stuff!)

Once I collected my scattered wits, I devised a cunning plan to defeat the beast. I found a deep pit with spikes at the bottom, then intentionally provoked the beast. He charged and I fled, luring him to what I thought would be a spike-oriented death.

He did fall in the pit, but he became stuck with just his head poking up out of the top. The pit was clearly wide enough for him to go down, but he was just standing there on the empty air high above the spikes. Naturally I took this opportunity to beat him about the head with my trusty club.

While in the middle of applying a generous beatdown, the satyr suddenly vanished completely. He didn't fall down the hole. He just wasn't there anymore. I thought for a moment that I might be victorious...but no. He magically appeared somewhere else in Labyrinth, apparently no worse for wear. I confronted him, but going toe-to-toe with a satyr did not end well for me.

It was quite entertaining! There were also lots of bugs (which were also quite entertaining!)! I need to spend some more time with it to get a feel for things, but it seems pretty cool. Thanks @Drake!

steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    I used to be pretty good at Metal Slug 3, now I can barely beat it on normal.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    @Wildcat was a classy chap and got me a copy of Metal Slug 3. Thanks!

Thanks to @Dyvim Tvar for mystery key. I would have already found out what it was, if it wasn't for that meddling work!

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.