As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SWTOR] Outfit designer is out now. Playable Togruta coming on 3.3, late July.

• Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    Does unlocking it on one server really unlock it across the board?

I have a lvl 50. If I want to farm some cash for these upgrades to make my new characters easier, what's my best method? Which crew skills still do well?

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Fixer40000 wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Okay, the Agent gets a sweet looking starship.

How come all the Republic starships look like butts?

Trooper Starship has to be the worst. You get a real feeling of the Republic senate at work here.
    Nobody could decide which side of the ship should be the front, so all of it is the front. Also the inside layout is a mobius strip you cannot escape.
    Man you best not be disrespecting the BT-7 Thunderclap. I've been hoping it gets a LEGO set, thus far they just have the Jedi and Sith ships.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    The BT-7 is pretty strangely laid out, but I like it overall. The meeting room reminds me favorably of BSG.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Fixer40000 wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Okay, the Agent gets a sweet looking starship.

How come all the Republic starships look like butts?

Trooper Starship has to be the worst. You get a real feeling of the Republic senate at work here.
    Nobody could decide which side of the ship should be the front, so all of it is the front. Also the inside layout is a mobius strip you cannot escape.
    Man you best not be disrespecting the BT-7 Thunderclap. I've been hoping it gets a LEGO set, thus far they just have the Jedi and Sith ships.

The thing is the ugliest, most poorly laid out ship in the history of ships.

The Consular's ship is graceless, but at least the layout doesn't leave me having to check the map every time I spawn in to figure out where to go.

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    the level 50 HMs are still level 50, so you can solo them fairly easily if you are 55.

They also reward basic comms, so people still run them occasionally. I wouldn't rule out getting a group from the queue

Either I am terrible or you lied.

Either way I feel like ass and dirt, so once I've gotten a group together and done the Foundry on Hard Mode (HK-47 ruins me because I can't switch off Power of the Core fast enough), HK-51 will have his first target.

I warned you about drinking the water from your suit

I told you dog!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    Does unlocking it on one server really unlock it across the board?

I have a lvl 50. If I want to farm some cash for these upgrades to make my new characters easier, what's my best method? Which crew skills still do well?

Yes it does really unlock it on other servers. I unlocked all of my inventory slots on a different world before I ever made a character on Jedi Covenant.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    the level 50 HMs are still level 50, so you can solo them fairly easily if you are 55.

They also reward basic comms, so people still run them occasionally. I wouldn't rule out getting a group from the queue

Either I am terrible or you lied.

Either way I feel like ass and dirt, so once I've gotten a group together and done the Foundry on Hard Mode (HK-47 ruins me because I can't switch off Power of the Core fast enough), HK-51 will have his first target.

I tried soloing The False Emperor 55 HM on my well-geared gunslinger yesterday. I got the first boss barely. The second boss was impossible. Maybe my top geared character could do it, but it's not an 'any 55 can do it' proposition from what I can tell.

However it can definitely be 2-manned. Are you on Jedi Covenant?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the exterior of the trooper ship is fine, but the interior is just like, what the hell

the jedi one has kind of a weird layout too

I like the sith one the best

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Bounty hunter has the best layout because everything you need is basically in one room - cargo hold, GTN, vendor. The only problem is that like every ship, they put the mail box near the cockpit instead of near the cargo hold where it should be.

Also no one's mentioned the Smuggler ship yet. No fondness for the Millenium Falcon or the Ebon Hawk? I find the design to be pretty home-like. And unlike the Jedi ships, all the useful stuff is kept in one room. (though again the mail box is way up near the star map where it can do the least good)

• kmzkmz Registered User regular
    I warned you about drinking the water from your suit

Hey, at least some people still remember how to practice proper water discipline. Shai-hulud provides.

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Treek makes every cut scene hilarious

Poignant moment where you tell a mother her son has died, and there's Treek creeping in the background

steam_sig.png
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I'll vote for Smuggler as my favourite ship, Trooper is least favourite.

So can anyone explain to me how these new tactical flashpoints are supposed to work. Can my young, fresh lvl 20 just enter the group finder for these (it says lvl 15-55, which seems like quite a spread.) Also noticed that the Eseless GF no longer requires all classes, did it a couple of times now with teams that had no healer and/or multiple tanks.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    I'll vote for Smuggler as my favourite ship, Trooper is least favourite.

So can anyone explain to me how these new tactical flashpoints are supposed to work. Can my young, fresh lvl 20 just enter the group finder for these (it says lvl 15-55, which seems like quite a spread.) Also noticed that the Eseless GF no longer requires all classes, did it a couple of times now with teams that had no healer and/or multiple tanks.

That flashpoint gives everyone a power boost, similar to the way PVP works. So regardless of the level of the people queuing, everyone can go in together. It's really great for xp, you don't have to wait for other people in your level to queue for an FP anymore.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The Smuggler ship has one of the easier layouts to it. You walk around in a circle, and all rooms / exists are in adjoining spaces. On the exterior, it's the Outrider of the Ebon Hawk.

The Bounty Hunter ship interior feels cramped. I sorta like the tree-fort idea but it feels... lame somehow. I dunno. On the exterior it is bulky and ugly.

The Agent's ship has a pretty nice interior layout that makes sense and is easy to navigate. Exterior it is sleek and I like that.

Trooper's ship I actually like a lot, on the outside and inside. The inside doesn't try to have a linear / circular design like every other ship. And because of that it helps to be able to get around. It has a ton of seats inside, which gives the clue that you're supposed to have like a company of soldiers inside. Nice.

The Jedi and Sith ships I get lost inside of, literally. Their interiors confuse me the most for some reason.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I only just realized that troopers can put trauma probe on four (or more?) people now

that makes it a lot easier to heal as one

NREqxl5.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I only just realized that troopers can put trauma probe on four (or more?) people now

that makes it a lot easier to heal as one

Yup it is pretty awesome.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Some of these Agent quests on Balmorra...

The meta-game (experience! It's a quest! And there are no personal repercussions for just about anything!) says do 'em.

The quests are...slimy though. D:

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Nice.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    So I started a trooper, currently level 16 commando because fuck it, end game vanguard isnt for me. It hasnt hit boring yet, but I also dont have gravity round yet so...

I do wish there was a giant cut lady figure instead of the tall curvy chick. Tall and curvy is totally fine, but I was kinda hoping for a roided out lady mountain.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I kinda wish I wasn't playing my agent as a goodie-two-shoes Light-sider. Because there's a lot of shit to do on the Dark side that's like... being a professional. It's ugly work, as Keeper says.

But I'm currently working on my Jedi Knight. So far it isn't thrilled on Taris.

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    My Trooper is currently powering through Taris again, having a speeder makes it so much easier and not having done this in 6 months, means I'm not that annoyed by it anymore.

Also did the Tactical Flashpoint, which was... suprisingly simple. Go here, go there, kill people. Boss fight with 1 mechanic, done. No interesting loot drops, but a load of commendations.

Also those presence bonuses are really noticeable now, my companion is just wasting opponents with little to no health loss to himself.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
    Oh those Presence bonuses that you get as you wrap up companion dialogs / missions?

I have a question about that stuff. Each character lists out a bunch of buffs you get across all characters, but somewhere in the middle it says you get it once per companion type (healer, melee damage, etc). Does that apply to everything that isn't the +Presence bonus? Because every companion gives +duration to Heroic Call and subtracts from the cooldown substantially.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    It's just the Presence that stacks; everything else is once per.

• Fixer40000Fixer40000 Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I kinda wish I wasn't playing my agent as a goodie-two-shoes Light-sider. Because there's a lot of shit to do on the Dark side that's like... being a professional. It's ugly work, as Keeper says.

But I'm currently working on my Jedi Knight. So far it isn't thrilled on Taris.

I feel the Agent Story works better if you try to avoid just going straight light side or dark side.
    You've got to trace the line between professional necessity and human morality and it's those difficult questions about what's really right or wrong that helps make the Agent storyline stand out.

Have left PA forums.
    If this community believes that hating someone based soley upon their gender is acceptable and understandable, I have no interest in being a part of it.
    commando dps isn't as bad as everybody says it is; it isn't any more brainless than any other ranged spec really, and is refreshingly free of the need to scan the dumb UI for debuffs

mostly I think people are down on it because it's so visually uninteresting. Everybody hates on grav round but you never see anybody rag on tracer missile for being boring

NREqxl5.jpg
    emp123 wrote: »
    So I started a trooper, currently level 16 commando because fuck it, end game vanguard isnt for me. It hasnt hit boring yet, but I also dont have gravity round yet so...

I do wish there was a giant cut lady figure instead of the tall curvy chick. Tall and curvy is totally fine, but I was kinda hoping for a roided out lady mountain.

Are you talking about body type 3? I thought it was pretty roided out by video game lady standards.

commando dps isn't as bad as everybody says it is; it isn't any more brainless than any other ranged spec really, and is refreshingly free of the need to scan the dumb UI for debuffs

mostly I think people are down on it because it's so visually uninteresting. Everybody hates on grav round but you never see anybody rag on tracer missile for being boring

*cough, cough*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAq7P9HIRjU

the bit where he runs into the other BH was amusing

is there a bug that prevents this from taking screenshots properly by the way? I recall in the past that it would auto-save them to a local directory and it looks like the game did create one, but taking screens with prntscrn doesn't actually save anything there.

NREqxl5.jpg
    Cambiata wrote: »
    emp123 wrote: »

Are you talking about body type 3? I thought it was pretty roided out by video game lady standards.

Indeed she is. I have my Tiger-lady Shepard trooper as Body Type 3.
    ib0e8pcpzugd.png

However if you're aiming for body builder or fat like male body type 4 it's probably never going to happen. Be it women or guys, almost no-one wants to play what could be considered conventionally unattractive female character.

They had the same problem in WOW, before release they had female Trolls and Tauren with the same physical build and posture as their male counterparts (the old female Tauren face icon was still in the game for a while during release). They released them with more humanlike proportions and even then, the "cutefase", the only non-ugly female Troll face was the only one you ever saw.

From a developer's viewpoint, there's not much reason to create new assets if hardly anyone is going to use them.

Have left PA forums.
    If this community believes that hating someone based soley upon their gender is acceptable and understandable, I have no interest in being a part of it.
  • kmzkmz Registered User regular
    Printscreen seems to work very haphazardly. I read somewhere that it works fine until you switch toons, which for me is all the time these days, so I never rely on normal PrintScreen and instead use shift-printscreen and paste into Paint. I'm sure there's better program for doing that too, I've just been too lazy to find one.

the type 4 male is still stacked as fuck, realistically; he looks more like an NFL linemen or something than a 'fat' guy.

type 3 is actually fairly realistically proportioned for an athletic female (i.e. that screenshot), just kind of overly tall (at least, compared to the rest of the female population)

I guess I could set up the steam overlay to take screenshots for this. Maybe when the forums come back up I'll see if there's a solution for it.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    Every article I've looked up seems to be at least 2 years old. What's the state of dailies and where should I be doing them?

Is artificing still a good way to just send out on missions and sell on

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
    Male body type 4 is muscular-fat rather than body type 3 which is AHNOLD type.
    The difference between the kind of guys that do professional weight lifting and world's strongest man competions, and professional body-builders.

You can only really tell that the body type 4 is built if you take his shirt off. Throw on some clothes and you could just seem him as a regular fat guy.

Have left PA forums.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ugh arsenal is so boring compared to pyro on my Merc. Fire is way more fun.

Also the presence buff from having a level 50 human is nuts. Like T7 on Tython was a beast.

u7stthr17eud.png
    I think I have like +230 presence between the human unlock and the various companions I've maxed out

I decided to make a consular because I wanted to try shadow and maybe see that storyline, and qyzen is an unstoppable machine of death. I feel like my character is the companion in this arrangement.

NREqxl5.jpg
    also even without the plastic six pack that the type 4 guy has, he still is quite athletic looking; broad shoulders and big arms, thick legs etc. The kinda fat guy you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    the type 4 male is still stacked as fuck, realistically; he looks more like an NFL linemen or something than a 'fat' guy.

type 3 is actually fairly realistically proportioned for an athletic female (i.e. that screenshot), just kind of overly tall (at least, compared to the rest of the female population)

I guess I could set up the steam overlay to take screenshots for this. Maybe when the forums come back up I'll see if there's a solution for it.

Corehealer was playing a body type 4 merc for a while and, uh.

He came out really handsome.

Score one for large video game dudes.

Every article I've looked up seems to be at least 2 years old. What's the state of dailies and where should I be doing them?

Where you do your dailies depends on your goal.

The current daily areas are: Oricon, CZ-198, Makeb, Section X, Black Hole, and Ilum

There is also an older daily area that is a bit of a pain to reach, but should you really need more credits after doing all the above, you can also go to the daily area on Belsavis. You'll probably need a guide to show you where it is, while all the others can be reached from the fleet or from any of the other daily areas by using the quick travel node.

The fastest dailies to do are Black Hole and CZ-198. Both are very compact areas and fairly easy mobs. If you don't have much time and want to get 70k credits, do one of those. Or do both for 140k. They have weekly missions that require a group, but you don't need to do the weekly to get the credits on all the other missions.

Some daily areas provide basic comms along with the credits. If you need a relic, you'd want to be doing these areas to get enough to buy an Arkanian relic (though top level PVP relics are actually better to get, even for pve, but you might not want to do the amount of PVP required to get those relics). The daily areas that give basic comms are: CZ-198, Makeb, Section X, and Oricon

Some daily areas have reputation vendors that let you buy legacy gear. Doing the dailies in those areas give you the reputation tokens which can be consumed to get high enough legacy to buy the gear. The areas with reputation are Section X, CZ-198, Oricon and Makeb.

if you're just trying to get credits as quick as possible it's probably best to do section x / black hole, and maybe even the old belsavis / ilum dailies, just because the rewards aren't much smaller and you can do them much faster.

Oricon and CZ-198 are the only ones that really provide 55-relevant gear/comm rewards though (and maybe makeb for a little while if you are a totally fresh 55.)

you can also do the GSI dailies I guess but god damn those seem obnoxious

NREqxl5.jpg