As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] Friendship Is Rare!

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    This Wyatt thing to open the show is brilliant. I was sort of cold on this feud up until right now but this jumped it up to the number one match for me on the ppv card.

Cena did a really good job too. No jokey jokes, just solid all around.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    So DGUSA just put the dark match main event from Wrestlemania Weekend on youtube. Bad Influence vs. The Bravado Brothers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvUV3ghl-EI

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    And only too late did I hear that on Backstage Pass, Santino was apparently talking about how concerned he was about Bray Wyatt's power over the children

i am crushed i didn't get to hear that live

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    So DGUSA just put the dark match main event from Wrestlemania Weekend on youtube. Bad Influence vs. The Bravado Brothers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvUV3ghl-EI

Yeah that was pretty lackluster. Shame since the Bravado's did good work in Chikara.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    this Raw was great

the crowd was kinda quiet but they just went through a severe storm with tornados so that's probably why

Seeing a lot of negative reaction to this RAW elsewhere online, a lot of people seemed to hate it

which is to say, a lot of people are wrong

This is Sandow's new gimmick right? Please let this be Sandow's new gimmick.

- The WWE Network FAQ is listing several new shows that will air on the WWE Network this year including Rock n' Wrestling (the old WWF 1980s cartoon, properly titled Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling), Clash of the Champions, Saturday Morning Slam. It's worth noting that Rock n' Wrestling is listed as "tentative"; it's possible that there could be licensing issues with it or the like.

The full list of "coming soon" content as off this writing listed in the FAQ are below:

* WWE Tribute to the Troops 2014
    * The Monday Night War
    * Clash of the Champions
    * WWE Total Divas
    * Saturday Morning Slam
    * WWE Rivalries
    * Rock n' Wrestling (tentative)
    * Saturday Night's Main Event
    * WCW Nitro
    * Vault Specials

Fuck. Yes.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Putting The Shield's break-up on hold was such a good move.

What do you mean on hold.

I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS...

Hey. Hey Hey Hey. Hey.

I'm watching you.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    Judging by these crowd reactions, Lana needs to get the heck away from Rusev asap. I can hear so many crickets when he's in the ring that I can see Brodus Clay in the back getting excited about his new tag team partner.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    getting around to watching Raw

holy fucking shit that opening segment

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm totally down for watching some Nitro and more WCW PPVs on the Network.

How many RAWs do they have up so far?

uyvfOQy.png
    Maximum wrote: »
    Judging by these crowd reactions, Lana needs to get the heck away from Rusev asap. I can hear so many crickets when he's in the ring that I can see Brodus Clay in the back getting excited about his new tag team partner.

Rusev just needs some more credible opponents.

oh my god Sandow

he needs to do this every Raw from now on

And really, that crowd wasn't too great all night.

• CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    oh my god Sandow

he needs to do this every Raw from now on

Now that his schemes as Magneto have been foiled, he can try as Dr. Doom, Moleman, or Viper
    Hail Hydra
    !

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Do squash matches ever really help people? Honest question, they always seem lose/lose to me.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Do squash matches ever really help people? Honest question, they always seem lose/lose to me.

They do help out monster heels pretty well, by showing off how strong they are.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    I am so confused by this Raw. Like, Magneto hijinks and 3MB actually winning makes me happy, but Kane doing the fucking terrible coming up through the mat spot infuriates me.

Bryan being sloppy on the mic is a bummer too, but with all the shit he's been through, including this ridiculous feud, I'm willing to let it slide.

the last time Kane tried to drag somebody to hell was Zack Ryder

when he couldn't change a tire and got pushed off the stage in a wheelchair

Barrett is the best.

Those are three words I've never uttered. I'm now a fan.

I am so confused by this Raw. Like, Magneto hijinks and 3MB actually winning makes me happy, but Kane doing the fucking terrible coming up through the mat spot infuriates me.

Bryan being sloppy on the mic is a bummer too, but with all the shit he's been through, including this ridiculous feud, I'm willing to let it slide.

How's it been ridiculous? Kane is still a credible challenger and they haven't done anything goofy like the Ryder stuff two years ago.

I don't want every Raw to be like this, but if they decided to make every useless go home show a Chikara tribute I'd be fine with it.

and they haven't done anything goofy like the Ryder stuff two years ago.

Until what I just witnessed fifteen minutes ago, you mean.

and they haven't done anything goofy like the Ryder stuff two years ago.

Until what I just witnessed fifteen minutes ago, you mean.

To each his own. Coming up under the ring is one of the least ridiculous things Kane has done IMO.

Booking a show like this in St. Louis probably was a bad idea though. If you're gonna wing it and be nuts, do that in a city that's more accustomed to it.

So Drake Younger is going to be a WWE ref after all and not a wrestler, at least for the time being. Guess his style finally caught up with him.

• AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    Whatever he ends up doing; good luck to him. He's put his body through hell. I'm glad he's doing something less strenuous, at least for a while.

I mean, I loved watching him in PWG, but even after giving up death matches he still continued to take crazy bumps.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Beef Wellington was a ref in WWE and then he became the Rad Ox and got to wrestle at Wrestlemania so it's a decent career path for a hardcore wrestler.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    This TNA ref might have just become the patron god of Botchamania

Sweet Zombie Jesus...he tried to cover for it but god damn

*edit* Much bigger version so you can truly appreciate the power of the botch.

Psychotic One on
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

Hey. Hey.

He's the main event player.

You know...you should never have a gimmick that can be burried entirely by somebody saying "no you're not."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Believe... in the Shield

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Rusev vs Cesaro or Swagger could be a chance for Lana to get over

Heyman and Zeb are easy targets

edited April 2014
    I had a thought the other day that they should put Cesaro and Mark Henry and Big Show and Big E and Roman Reigns and Luke Harper in a five minute or so hoss-athon...just big man spots back to back until Cesaro wins.

...and if you're wondering, yes Big Show is only in there so there can be a spot where he KO punches five dudes in a row except one of those dudes is Cesaro's manager Paul Heyman and then Big Show turns around and gets Superman punched into oblivion.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    If you're going to have a Hoss-athon you might as well throw Sheamus in there as well.

edited April 2014
    Magell wrote: »
    If you're going to have a Hoss-athon you might as well throw Sheamus in there as well.

I thought about it but I wasn't sure if he qualified for that level of hoss. I guess he could hit the Celtic cross on somebody and a Brogue Kick.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Cesaro shouldn't be feuding with a monster heel at the moment. Cesaro should be on his way up. If they want Rusev to have credibility, he needs to sit on a few more dudes before moving up.

Lana v Coulter would be pretty great though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    - The WWE Network FAQ is listing several new shows that will air on the WWE Network this year including Rock n' Wrestling (the old WWF 1980s cartoon, properly titled Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling), Clash of the Champions, Saturday Morning Slam. It's worth noting that Rock n' Wrestling is listed as "tentative"; it's possible that there could be licensing issues with it or the like.

The full list of "coming soon" content as off this writing listed in the FAQ are below:

* WWE Tribute to the Troops 2014
    * The Monday Night War
    * Clash of the Champions
    * WWE Total Divas
    * Saturday Morning Slam
    * WWE Rivalries
    * Rock n' Wrestling (tentative)
    * Saturday Night's Main Event
    * WCW Nitro
    * Vault Specials

Fuck. Yes.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Did you believe that Joe getting stuck in the right at TNA was the worse thing ever? Or Bubba causally moving to lay down on the table out side the ring?

Well folks, TNA does it again.

BEHOLD the best ref knockout EVER.

This discussion has been closed.