As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] Friendship Is Rare!

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i'm ok with bryan bring middling on the mic because he kicks ass in pretty much every other aspect of his job

EzUAYcn.png
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »
    Did you believe that Joe getting stuck in the right at TNA was the worse thing ever? Or Bubba causally moving to lay down on the table out side the ring?

Well folks, TNA does it again.

BEHOLD the best ref knockout EVER.

Someone explain this to me, please.

I didn't watch the show (who did, amirite?), but reading the recaps, it seemed like the 'botched' bump was on purpose. Like the ref pretended to get knocked unconscious so that shenanigans could happen. That would explain why it's so damn obvious.

But judging from people's reactions here, that wasn't the case?

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Beef Wellington was a ref in WWE and then he became the Rad Ox and got to wrestle at Wrestlemania so it's a decent career path for a hardcore wrestler.

He's not that Beef Wellington. At least bit according to what I've read.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Did you believe that Joe getting stuck in the right at TNA was the worse thing ever? Or Bubba causally moving to lay down on the table out side the ring?

I didn't watch the show (who did, amirite?), but reading the recaps, it seemed like the 'botched' bump was on purpose. Like the ref pretended to get knocked unconscious so that shenanigans could happen. That would explain why it's so damn obvious.

If it was intentional, it's still incredibly stupid.

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

If it was intentional, it's still incredibly stupid.

Why? It's a gimmick that's been done countless of times. Plus, if we go by the theory that it was intentional, being that obvious is supposed to infuriate the viewer even more, in the sense that the bad guys aren't even trying to hide their cheating.

That said, no one is going to defend the Dixie comes out in a Duck Dynasty disguise.

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Judging by these crowd reactions, Lana needs to get the heck away from Rusev asap. I can hear so many crickets when he's in the ring that I can see Brodus Clay in the back getting excited about his new tag team partner.

I actually think she would play well with any properly arrogant heel. Sandow and her would make a good pairing for example. I get that she is the way they are trying to get the audience into a guy who has little going beyond big and Russian, but instead of helping Rusev keep his head above water she could be part of something headed much bigger places for sure.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I am so confused by this Raw. Like, Magneto hijinks and 3MB actually winning makes me happy, but Kane doing the fucking terrible coming up through the mat spot infuriates me.

Bryan being sloppy on the mic is a bummer too, but with all the shit he's been through, including this ridiculous feud, I'm willing to let it slide.

and they haven't done anything goofy like the Ryder stuff two years ago.

Until what I just witnessed fifteen minutes ago, you mean.

To each his own. Coming up under the ring is one of the least ridiculous things Kane has done IMO.

Agreed...I mean it is Kane's thing to employ slasher movie villian tactics. Take that away from him and he isnt a very compelling villian. It works for the character because nobody sells it as anything more than him being crazy. Taker may be supernatural but Kane is just a nutjob with a Michal Myers fetish. The mask is what lets the crazy off the chain.

Xehalus wrote: »
    Rusev vs Cesaro or Swagger could be a chance for Lana to get over

Heyman and Zeb are easy targets

You cant put him up against Cesaro it would kill his career right now. Cesaro is on his way to the Main event, anybody in his way needs to be on a similar path so they can ellevate each other or in a position to put him over without losing credibility. Jericho would be fantastic for him right now if he was around. RVD is going to try and fill that roll as best he can.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    There's a paucity of midcard faces for Russev to steamroll I think is the problem.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    i'm ok with bryan bring middling on the mic because he kicks ass in pretty much every other aspect of his job

Agreed. It's not like he'd be the first top-level guy to succeed in spite of lackluster mic ability.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

Agreed. It's not like he'd be the first top-level guy to succeed in spite of lackluster mic ability.

Yeah he just had an off night yesterday.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

It's just that it's really fucking bad. Normally the ref actually gets hit by something so it doesn't look so fucking stupid. Also that's a dumb way to do the ref bump, because it implies the ref has no clue what move Bubba is going for when it's obviously going to be a powerbomb.

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    quick question

besides the weeLC preshow match and the wyatt/cena cage match, are any of the other matches "extreme"?

EzUAYcn.png
    quick question

besides the weeLC preshow match and the wyatt/cena cage match, are any of the other matches "extreme"?

I am betting Bryan/ Kane gets the rule book thrown out on Friday, and I guess Shield/Evolution being a six man tag is at least unique by WWE standards. but aside from that, not really.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The Bryan/Kane match is no dq, but other than that I don't think so.

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    Worked late last night and so didn't get to catch Raw, watching it now. I think I agree with you guys in that, now that they have Sting, having the Icon and rafter-dwelling Sting come out and support the Shield against Ric Flair and Evolution seems more appropriate.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Aren't triple threat matches automatically no-dq?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Flair coming back full time and just wandering around the arena, randomly woo'ing into a hot mic is fine by me.

Flair coming back full time and just wandering around the arena, randomly woo'ing into a hot mic is fine by me.

Then new "DAMN!"

never die wrote: »
    Worked late last night and so didn't get to catch Raw, watching it now. I think I agree with you guys in that, now that they have Sting, having the Icon and rafter-dwelling Sting come out and support the Shield against Ric Flair and Evolution seems more appropriate.

Yeah that ain't going to work after what Flair did yesterday.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    zllehs wrote: »
    Also while i agree PWG is the best indy show out there right now is ROH not a indy or not in the conversation?

Since it's no longer 2004, no.
    Magell wrote: »
    Beef Wellington was a ref in WWE and then he became the Rad Ox and got to wrestle at Wrestlemania so it's a decent career path for a hardcore wrestler.

For a second I forgot that Maddox used to have a different ring name. And I got really excited about the idea that we might see Beef Wellington in WWE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IveKi308sZs

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Smith Hart ‏@SmithHart1 17h
    David Benoit (Chris Benoit's son) will make his in ring debut on July 18th in Calgary for Hart Legacy Wrestling tagging with Chavo Guerrero

BWjI2HrCMAE8kpV.jpg

Wow, even looks like his father.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Bma1tDzCMAAIN0C.png:large

Look New Japan, I love you and everything but please stop making t-shirts.

• KroenenKroenen Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »

They're supposed to be, but then again, they DQ'd the Wyatt's during a 3-on-1 Tag Match for interrupting a pin. If the ref waited a few seconds and told them to get away, then I could see, but it went straight to DQ. So...rules are rules when they want them to be rules. As always.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Kroenen wrote: »
    facetious wrote: »

They're supposed to be, but then again, they DQ'd the Wyatt's during a 3-on-1 Tag Match for interrupting a pin. If the ref waited a few seconds and told them to get away, then I could see, but it went straight to DQ. So...rules are rules when they want them to be rules. As always.

In a tag match, it's up to the ref's discretion on whether a team is interfering too much. That's the kayfabe reason for a DQ in that situation.

And yes, a triple threat match is no-DQ by definition, unless it is an elimination match.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Jericho, why you gotta wear one of those douche hipster scarves?

BLM - ACAB
    You've clearly never been caught in a sandstorm so don't appreciate the versatility of those scarves.

Here's some good news for people who liked Raw yesterday
    After suffering a big drop last week, WWE Raw has jumped back almost to the numbers of the week before. Monday's episode averaged 4.61 million viewers and a 1.77 rating in the 18 - 49 demographic. Those numbers are up 11% and an impressive 26%, respectively, from 4.14 million and a 1.4 in the previous week. The 18 - 49 rating is even higher than the 1.7 that the show did on April 14th, though the viewership for that episode was higher with 4.77 million.

The show did hours of 4.51 million, 4.67 million and 4.65 million. The last hour number is significant because retaining viewership in the third hour has been an issue for the show ever since they went to three hours. The final rating is a 3.25, which was up 9% from last week's 2.97 and statistically even with the 3.26 from two weeks ago.

What caused the rating last week to shit the bed so hard?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    the way they're using russev seems weird to me

I mean, I get that new characters traditionally get a couple months of squashing midcard jobbers as a little introductory push, but is that really necessary anymore? Isn't that kind of what they have NXT for now?

I feel like at this point if they're going to put a guy on big-deal TV fairly frequently and give him a heel manager and so on, he ought to progress into at least a midcard feud pretty rapidly

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    the way they're using russev seems weird to me

I mean, I get that new characters traditionally get a couple months of squashing midcard jobbers as a little introductory push, but is that really necessary anymore? Isn't that kind of what they have NXT for now?

I feel like at this point if they're going to put a guy on big-deal TV fairly frequently and give him a heel manager and so on, he ought to progress into at least a midcard feud pretty rapidly

Yeah he needs to move on to someone bigger after this Sunday. Maybe Cena after he's done with the Wyatt's? Or perhaps someone like Big Show or Mark Henry to give him a more credible guy to squash or semi-squash.

Or just send him home, because he's assssssssssssssssssssssssssss

edited April 2014
    Dyvim no one asked you.
    Don't take that as me being a dick, just joking around.

wirehead26 on
    I mean Rusev isn't that great but they shouldn't give up on him anytime soon.

fistbump.gif

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Dyvim why you gotta break my heart like this

Kilroy wrote: »
    Dyvim why you gotta break my heart like this

#HEEL

You're lucky there isn't a barber's shop window nearby, that's all I'm saying.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also what in the hell is the context behind those TNA ref gifs? I mean presumably he was supposed to get kicked in the head so that bubba can powerbomb the guy through the table in peace, but if that was a problem how did the table even get in the ring

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    TNA taping spoiler.
    MVP turned heel and attacked Eric Young, naming himself number one contender for slamiversary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFejovIFrr4

Mwx884o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.