As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heart] Shaped Thread Gets Two Thumbs Up!

Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
edited May 2014 in Social Entropy++
582px-Drawn_love_hearts.svg.png

Spring Time is here! It is often the time where new love blooms like the flowers that similarly come out this season, and it makes it a perfect time for a brand-new Heart thread.

Love and Relationships are all sorts of things, complex, crazy things and as such, sometimes they need a little talking out. No relationship just -is- without a little help from friends or a support network of some sort. Sometimes they make us miserable when we're in them, and sometimes they make us miserable when we're not in them. But, with any luck, they work out and end up making us happy, even if it takes a little doing.

Talk about all things related to love and the heart here, whether it's what you have, what you lack or what you want.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
Darth_Mogs on

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    crazy on you is a great song

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Fat Bottom Girls is also a magnificent ditty.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    crazy on you is a great song

it bums me out that Barracuda is people's Heart touchstone

Crazy On You is infinitely better

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I lost my virginity to Crazy On You

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    dude my mother in law is the biggest fan of Heart

goes to all their shows

posters all over her craft room, all signed

posts on their forums, even

like, what kind of nut job would...

oh

oh god damn it

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    JLkSvbO.jpg

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Speaking of bottoms, I had a hot lady surprise me with a smack on mine just today!
    it was my wife and it stung like whoa

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    also, did you need to post a picture of a heart in the OP that was 2447 x 1976 px?

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well all three songs are on Rocksmith to play so I guess you will pick your fav from that

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    also, did you need to post a picture of a heart in the OP that was 2447 x 1976 px?

Sorry about that, I found a more reasonable sized one.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I have seen Heart twice, and set up a show for them once.

Everyone in that band is super nice and a credit to the human race.

• Options
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Ah jeez do I have to do everything myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vlAdMeZSfw

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    This is what my heart sounds like! I don't hear it much anymore except when I lay on my left side, or if I'm in a quiet, small enclosed space.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    This is a stellar fucking live performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xufuZ0dCmLA

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    And why wouldn't it be? Heart is fucking legit, bro.

• Options
    Also, John Paul Jones is pretty much the best person out of Led Zepplin.

It is known.

• Options
    Like, that's not a particularly easy song. Not the hardest, no, but the vocal performance is kind of a monster, and it is one that everyone knows every single fucking note for. You fuck it up, they'll notice. You stray from the original at all, deviate to add in some flair or change octave to keep it in your range? They'll notice. Breathe slightly too slowly, they'll notice.

And the crowd? How about the guys who fucking wrote it, and oh why not the President too while we're at it?

So what does Nancy Wilson do? Go up there and give a strong performance?

No, she fucking dominates every single inch of that fucking song, hitting every note like a sharpshooter, not straying from the original to show off her skills like some warbling diva singing the national anthem because she knows she's that good. No need to flaunt it. She'll do that song from her toenails up, and she'll make Robert Plant weep like a child.

Fucking stomped that mother.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Never doubt Heart, Rank.

Never ever.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    I...

...didn't?

Uh...

Hail Hydra.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Guys I found a website that uses 3d printing techniques to print brisk strokes onto canvas.

Have you ever discovered you need desperately need something you didn't even know that existed an hour ago?

http://prixel.ru/en/prixel

"Hey man, where's your bathroom?"

"Oh it's the room which has Henri Matisse's Study for "Luxe, calme et volupté" on the door.

As you can tell, I didn't really know where to post this.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Ma-Ti.jpg

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Well this isn't a Joe Hill thread at all.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    kill me

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dog and Butterfly for best Heart song.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Nancy Wilson is one of the greatest vocalists out there. I'd let her flay my fingers if she was singing right to me and not feel an ounce of pain.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    kill me

never...

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Nancy Wilson is one of the greatest vocalists out there. I'd let her flay my fingers if she was singing right to me and not feel an ounce of pain.

It's sad people were really hung up on body image on her

• Options
    It's sad how many talented people we may never hear sing or perform because they aren't pretty enough or skinny enough.

• Options
    Nancy Wilson is gorgeous

• Options
    I'm hijacking this thread to talk about amazing female vocalists

Rachael Yamagata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iumV6Ca61TI

Chrissy Hynde

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyb2RX0hii8

Ella Fitzgerald

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI779D2tLyk

Etta James

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZt1xKtPbUQ

Alison Sudol (A Fine Frenzy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_S_TbD1XFM

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    I have a dinner date tonight and I've actually been looking forward to it which is not really helping calm my nerves any

• Options
    BONUS!

Photo of myself and Rachael Yamagata after her show in Minneapolis last year

468397_10151715722649595_921581646_o.jpg

• Options
    and now I need to go to work so see fit to do what you will with this thread.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    additions to the list: nina simone

that girl who was singing for that one local rock band I saw the other week

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So this previous weekend I went back to my college town to visit a friend of mine. Friday night we went downtown and started drinking at the video-game bar when I spotted two of my former residents in there. So I went up and started chatting with them before returning to drunken Mario Party.

Later on I ended up running into them at the local dance-club and we all danced together. And than I danced/grinded with one of them for a while.

And as of last night I now have a date schedule with that former resident for this Friday. We are going to go to the laser tag facility in my town. Apparently she has never gone laser tag.

I am very excited to show her how to defend herself against the horrific warscape that is our future by firing lasers at tweens.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Zonugal wrote: »
    the video-game bar

What the fuck.
    Seriously.
    Why the hell aren't there any of these near me.

E: Oh my god there is one.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    It is pretty sweet. They have tv screens and consoles all around the place, and you just ask for a game to play when you order your beer.

They also have board games and such as well.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
This discussion has been closed.