As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] Friendship Is Rare!

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    also what in the hell is the context behind those TNA ref gifs? I mean presumably he was supposed to get kicked in the head so that bubba can powerbomb the guy through the table in peace, but if that was a problem how did the table even get in the ring

The context is that TNA is such a terrible wrestling company that they've run out of ways to be terrible organically, so now they're having to engineer new ways to top how terrible they've been in the past by applying thought and innovation to the problem.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    also what in the hell is the context behind those TNA ref gifs? I mean presumably he was supposed to get kicked in the head so that bubba can powerbomb the guy through the table in peace, but if that was a problem how did the table even get in the ring

I was assuming that it was a table match so he was bumping so that he wouldnt see Bubba win.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Sweet, Paige busted out the RamPaige on Main Event.

Or whatever her cradle DDT is supposed to be called.

• zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Here's some good news for people who liked Raw yesterday
    After suffering a big drop last week, WWE Raw has jumped back almost to the numbers of the week before. Monday's episode averaged 4.61 million viewers and a 1.77 rating in the 18 - 49 demographic. Those numbers are up 11% and an impressive 26%, respectively, from 4.14 million and a 1.4 in the previous week. The 18 - 49 rating is even higher than the 1.7 that the show did on April 14th, though the viewership for that episode was higher with 4.77 million.

The show did hours of 4.51 million, 4.67 million and 4.65 million. The last hour number is significant because retaining viewership in the third hour has been an issue for the show ever since they went to three hours. The final rating is a 3.25, which was up 9% from last week's 2.97 and statistically even with the 3.26 from two weeks ago.

What caused the rating last week to shit the bed so hard?

Flair?
    only thing I can think of...

Also How do the Bo-leivers feel about Adam Rose debuting before Bo next week on Raw?

As a Rosebud I think It bodes well for Dalllas... A longer build up to his debut has to mean they have big things in store for him.

Good episode of Main Event this week.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    They have wrecked the Rusev vs R-truth/Xavier Woods match so bad by having Rusev easily beat both of them in seconds.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    They have wrecked the Rusev vs R-truth/Xavier Woods match so bad by having Rusev easily beat both of them in seconds.

It's really just a terrible corner they've written themselves into.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    Also How do the Bo-leivers feel about Adam Rose debuting before Bo next week on Raw?

As a Rosebud I think It bodes well for Dalllas... A longer build up to his debut has to mean they have big things in store for him.

Or they're just not sure exactly what the hell they're going to do with him.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular

the only way they could salvage it is if Rusev puts both of them in the Accolade at the same time

• KroenenKroenen Registered User regular
    the way they're using russev seems weird to me

I mean, I get that new characters traditionally get a couple months of squashing midcard jobbers as a little introductory push, but is that really necessary anymore? Isn't that kind of what they have NXT for now?

I feel like at this point if they're going to put a guy on big-deal TV fairly frequently and give him a heel manager and so on, he ought to progress into at least a midcard feud pretty rapidly

I definitely agree, but they look like they've noticed that a little bit. Most of his matches have been straight up squash matches, but last week he had a longer match with Sin Cara where Rusev couldn't get ahold of Sin Cara, so he actually was getting hit a bit. And then Rusev swatted him down, slapped the Accolade on and it was over. I could imagine if Rey was alright, he'd pop up soon to give him a nice feud.
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

the only way they could salvage it is if Rusev puts both of them in the Accolade at the same time

I'm hopeful it won't lead to that, but it seems like that's the only way to finish that match. Sucks for Truth/Woods...

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Remember folks, Russev has to be made up to be a monster so when Cena over comes this evil foreigner and his evil foreigner odds you'll be proud to be part of the glorious American Cenation.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    TNA taping spoiler.
    MVP turned heel and attacked Eric Young, naming himself number one contender for slamiversary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFejovIFrr4

hahhahah can't wait till they give the belt to the guy who's only there on a handshake agreement

The assumption I've heard/read was in one of the two moves before that was when he was supposed to bump, but he forgot until he saw the table spot was about to happen, so he improvised

in the worst way you can improvise

edited April 2014
    ahhahahahaha that tna spoiler actually got better somehow
    May 15

In a match for the TNA Heavyweight Championship, Eric Young retained over MVP via DQ. MVP attacked EY before the match. Kenny King laid out EY with The Coronation. MVP ordered for the match to be restarted. Brian Hebner refused and Kenny laid out Brian. MVP asked what he was doing but later joined in with Kenny. Bobby Lashley’s music hit and he ran out. He teased attacking Kenny and MVP but speared EY. He hit a running power slam on EY through two chairs. The three of them posed over EY, with MVP notably holding the title.

two dumb heel turns in two days, thank you russo welcome back

Sweeney Tom on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Smackdown spoilers
    Smackdown begins, for some reason, with a contract signing between Hornswoggle and El Torito. Shenanigans ensue involving a booster seat and El Torito signing with a footprint. Yep. Faces clear out the heels.

1: Rob Van Dam vs. Jack Swagger. Heyman comes out with Cesaro for commentary. Short match. Cesaro causes the distraction and RVD hits the frog splash. Cesaro attacks RVD after the match.

2: Alexander Rusev vs. R-Truth. Lana gets her own introduction, does some turns, and I get all tingly. Short, nothing match. Xavier Woods attacks Rusev with no provocation causing the DQ. Woods and Truth attack Rusev as he escapes from the ring.

Daniel Bryan comes out to cut a promo. He tells Kane he started a war when he put his hands on his fine, fine wife. Kane shows up on the TitanTron with an uber close-up. Kane shows highlights of his destructive powers.

3: Wyatt Family vs. Usos & Sheamus in a six-man tag. Sheamus is the face in peril for awhile before tagging in...an Uso. Back and forth leads to Rowan getting the Brogue kick, Bray making the blind tag, and hitting Sister Abigail for the win. Usos stay a brawl after the match...which doesn't end well for them.

Rusev demands a rematch according to Lillian.

4: Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow as Magneto. Yes, he's back with huge, purple underwear. Sandow gets tangled in his cape and Dolph hits the Zig Zag.

5: Alexander Rusev vs. R-Truth: The Rematch!! Pretty much ends the same as the first. Rusev gets attacked by Woods for the DQ. Lana leaves us again. The end.

6: Big E vs. Titus O'Neill. Titus throws Big E all over the announce table. Titus gets disqualified for not breaking the count. Big E is pissed and DESTROYS Titus and fucks up the announce table. Cole legitimately sounds pissed about this as we hear him taking to the crew.

They show the Kansas City CHIEFS on the Tron.

7: Dean Ambrose vs. Ryback vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Curtis Axel for the US Title. Fatal Fourway for the United States Championship. Dean gets a great face reaction. The heels gang up on Dean for awhile. And then fight each other. Each man takes turn dominating. Dean gets laid out on the outside. Ryback nearly gets the win before Axel screws him. Dean gets the roll up win and the heels attack. Rollins and Reigns storm out to kill everyone and stand tall to end the show.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Thanks smackdown spoiler guy for including your creeper comments in the recape

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Fatal Four Way?

pretty sure Raw said it was a 3 on 1 handicap match

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Just once.

Just once can we get a spoiler report without some dumb bullshit injected in it?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    Fatal Four Way?

pretty sure Raw said it was a 3 on 1 handicap match

On ME they announced it was changed to a FF.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Just once.

Just once can we get a spoiler report without some dumb bullshit injected in it?

I don't mind some commentary about quality of matches or whatever, because just reading pure results for a wrestling show is pretty boring and pointless.

But those comments were terrible.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    Those TNA spoilers, man.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    R-Truth can save this feud with Rusev, if only he comes down to the ring in his civil war attire.

facetious wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »
    Just once.

I don't mind some commentary about quality of matches or whatever, because just reading pure results for a wrestling show is pretty boring and pointless.

But those comments were terrible.

Here's the thing, though.

I don't give a shit about what some random internet guy who went to a show thinks about segments, or his opinion on things, or what that person thinks about booking. That's not the point of spoilers. The point of spoilers is to inform you about what is going on.

Like, if you're doing a recap of a show that just aired, fine. Go ahead and give your opinion. But leave that shit out of spoilers for stuff that hasn't aired yet.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I don't think beggars get to be choosers here. If there's another place to read spoilers than go find that place and use those spoilers. But otherwise, you get what you don't pay for.

But yeah, in a perfect world, that shit would go away.

Goose! on
    Most sites have or rely on people who are there, and opinions are included in what they send. Sites don't bother to edit, and that trash is the result.

Always edit.

• AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    You could write out the results first, then have a clearly labelled “review” or “general thoughts” section straight after where you talk about how you felt about each segment.

That way people can gleam the basic information they need straight away, then decide if they want to read further.

AJR on
    Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I guess my opinion is skewed in that I rarely get to watch Smackdown so most weeks, that's literally the entirety of knowledge I get about the show. So a sterile "x beat y" doesn't really do much for me.

I'm not saying I want to read blow by blow accounts, but something simple like, "This was a great match" or "they played up the comedy" at least give me some context and can give me incentive to go out of my way to track down a match that sounds interesting.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Just send me to all the smackdowns

Just send me to all the smackdowns

Where do I subscribe to your Kickstarter?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    I won't be able to watch Smackdown this week but to be honest it doesn't sound like I'm missing much. Not saying it sounds bad just nothing I'd go out of my way to see. That Rusev part though...
    Maybe the first match didn't go so well so they redid it and made it look like part of the show?

• KroenenKroenen Registered User regular
    WWE Network is out now for the Xbox One. It actually has a search feature now. And you can snap it. Huzzah.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    oh good, I can pretty much put my 360 away, now, hooray!

Am I the only one around here who doesn't read smackdown spoilers and watch the show?

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Am I the only one around here who doesn't read smackdown spoilers and watch the show?

How are you suppose to be a smart with that kind of attitude.

The internet is glaring at you.

In other news guess who is likely coming to the WWE.
    "NOAH had a press conference today and announced that KENTA will be leaving the promotion. His last match will be on May 17th at Korakuern Hall in Tokyo. He did not say he was going to WWE, but earlier this year went to the US to participate in WWE Tryout last January, which at the time he said "was just training"."

Cade on
    Some are speculating KENTA is going to New Japan instead but he wouldn't have needed to leave Noah like this to do so.

Enjoy throwing salt at people KENTA.

edited April 2014
    Cade wrote: »

How are you suppose to be a smart with that kind of attitude.

The internet is glaring at you.

In other news guess who is likely coming to the WWE.
    "NOAH had a press conference today and announced that KENTA will be leaving the promotion. His last match will be on May 17th at Korakuern Hall in Tokyo. He did not say he was going to WWE, but earlier this year went to the US to participate in WWE Tryout last January, which at the time he said "was just training"."

Lmao
    I did a one point read the SD spoilers but then ADR beat big show for the WHC and I read it before I saw it and it ruined the moment for me.

Vowed never to read them again.

They do something big and surprising on SD twice a year or so and I want to be surprised dammit!

zllehs on
    Jun Akiyama won the DDT Iron Man Heavymetalweight title last night, becoming the 1,001st champion in the process, by pinning defending champion the DDT Iron Man Heavymetalweight title belt.

Let that sink in for a second. This is even better than the time the ladder was a champion, possibly even better than the time a painting was champion and a dude broke into the art gallery in order to pin it.
    DDT are, without any shadow of a doubt, the finest comedy wrestling company to ever have graced the earth with its presence.

edited April 2014
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Jun Akiyama won the DDT Iron Man Heavymetalweight title last night, becoming the 1,001st champion in the process, by pinning defending champion the DDT Iron Man Heavymetalweight title belt.

Let that sink in for a second. This is even better than the time the ladder was a champion, possibly even better than the time a painting was champion and a dude broke into the art gallery in order to pin it.
    DDT are, without any shadow of a doubt, the finest comedy wrestling company to ever have graced the earth with its presence.

Those whacky Japanese, what with their invisible wrestlers and Danshoku Dino.

wirehead26 on
This discussion has been closed.