As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - Felinity

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub

zerzhul on

• AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    Gabe has his priorities straight. But the question is- why doesn't Tycho grab a hazmat suit and a motorcycle helmet and go look for Kemper himself?

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure this is the first time Thomas Kemper has been mentioned by name in the comic.

• stebuustebuu Crabs are fucking crazy, and I hate horses Registered User regular
    I don't like DivX when he is sober.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Years ago in one of the books, Jerry talked about the actual Thomas Kemper being dead. It made this comic weird for me.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this is the first time Thomas Kemper has been mentioned by name in the comic.
    214607297_nVy8s-XL-2.jpg

214607297_nVy8s-XL-2.jpg

Thomas, but not Thomas Kemper. I think I only learned the cat's surname from one of the books, maybe the same one YoungFrey is referring to...although I thought what I read is that they gave the cat away because they were irresponsible morons who had no business having a pet, leading to a car ride with the terrified cat which is seared into Jerry's consciousness to this day.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I'm sure I knew the surname before I read the books, but I spend so much time on this forum it was probably from one of you lot.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]

Thomas, but not Thomas Kemper. I think I only learned the cat's surname from one of the books, maybe the same one YoungFrey is referring to...although I thought what I read is that they gave the cat away because they were irresponsible morons who had no business having a pet, leading to a car ride with the terrified cat which is seared into Jerry's consciousness to this day.

I don't have the book here at work, (all I can say is it's book 7 or earlier), but I can say I don't remember Jerry being explicit (shocker), I interpreted it as "they had him euthanized", I could easily have been wrong. It would be sweet if this story is about how Thomas is still alive. He first showed up 13 years ago, so that isn't crazy old for a cat.

YoungFrey wrote: »

I don't have the book here at work, (all I can say is it's book 7 or earlier), but I can say I don't remember Jerry being explicit (shocker), I interpreted it as "they had him euthanized", I could easily have been wrong. It would be sweet if this story is about how Thomas is still alive. He first showed up 13 years ago, so that isn't crazy old for a cat.

I think the version of the story I read is in the 11 and 1/2 year anniversary book.

• BananaPoetBananaPoet Registered User regular
    This is definitely my favorite comic this month, maybe this year.

• WraithtekWraithtek Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    You spray bad kitties. It's what you do.

Wraithtek on
    Wraithtek wrote: »
    You spray bad kitties. It's what you do.
    In my household, a spraybottle is like Checkov's Gun. It gets used once time has passed, regardless of whether or not an animal (or husband) has misbehaved.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Years ago in one of the books, Jerry talked about the actual Thomas Kemper being dead. It made this comic weird for me.

He did help build the time machine though, so maybe this is a past-Thomas.

• AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who can't see the comic? :(

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

I'm having the same problems if I try to view it with my firefox browser. All other browsers seem to work just fine.

P.S: And it's not a cache issue.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Same for me with Chrome.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2014
    Interesting, I've tried it on a couple different PCs, with chrome and IE11 (don't have firefox), and it seemed to be fine.

zerzhul on
  • miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular

I'm having the same issue. Chromium nor Firefox will allow me to view the comic on my laptop. Will check with my Desktop when I get home. Started with that damn April fools badge and now the comic. This is the worst April fools prank of all time :(

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • stebuustebuu Crabs are fucking crazy, and I hate horses Registered User regular
    I can't read it... tested on Win7, both Chrome34 and IE9, as well as Safari on iOS 7.1.1. All tests done on verizon fios network, except I also tested accessing the comic via AT&T's network on my iphone.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Can't read it either.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I had that problem earlier (win7 64 on current firefox), but now it's showing up.

• KethennKethenn Registered User staff
    Hey folks, I switched hosting for the comic image, which should hopefully fix things for those of you that couldn't see it pretty shortly. It's been an intermittent issue all morning with no consistent repro, so it's been tough to sort out. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Huh, I didn't know they ever reused comic titles. Is this the first time or has it happened before?

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Kony 2014