As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] Friendship Is Rare!

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Enjoy throwing salt at people KENTA.

I just remembered Mr. Fuji is currently confined to a wheelchair and now I'm sad. Thanks Dyvim.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Watching the Invasion PPV. Good stuff so far. I forgot that Kidman's shooting star press looks like ass.

Magell wrote: »
    Watching the Invasion PPV. Good stuff so far. I forgot that Kidman's shooting star press looks like ass.

And the fact that he injured people with it half the time.

He probably injured them because it's crooked as shit. It's worse than CM Punk's moonsault.

edited April 2014
    So here's highlights of KENTA's last GHC heavyweight title match with champ Yuji Nagata back in February

https://youtube.com/watch?v=e7YBrRiFmGU

Damn, Nagata's still got it at 46.

wirehead26 on
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    He probably injured them because it's crooked as shit. It's worse than CM Punk's moonsault.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Dumb Extreme Rules 2013 question that I can't find an answer for, did Brock Lesnar actually hurt his leg? Because if not, he sold the crap out of it.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

According to Pwinsider.com, WWE has released Mason Ryan, Shaul Guerrero, Oliver Grey and Danny Burch today.

This is the second time Eddie's daughter has been shitcanned.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    crisis on infinite batistas has claimed its first victim

• Tyrant526Tyrant526 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    According to Pwinsider.com, WWE has released Mason Ryan, Shaul Guerrero, Oliver Grey and Danny Burch today.

I would think wwe would give her a huge benefit of the doubt and really want to have her succed, so I'm guessing she either is really very bad or is a huge problem backstage.

Also, the first time she asked for her release.

Tyrant526 on
    Maul360.png
    So Noah president Akira Taue has all but confirmed KENTA is going to WWE.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Mason Ryan is surprising.

He's shit and all, but he has the look.

Maximum wrote: »
    Mason Ryan is surprising.

He's shit and all, but he has the look.

You can have "the look" all you want in modern day WWE but if you have nothing else to back it up you can't really go far. And that's not to say I disliked Ryan, I thought he could be useful in a tag team or stable but they obviously saw no more use in keeping him around.

there are plenty of dudes who are big in that classic wwe style and can actually go in the ring now

like, look at virtually every entrant in that intercontinental championship tournament save for like, ziggler and RVD

(ziggler because he's small and rvd because he's a shit wrestler now)

Global Force Wrestling has announced they'll be working with AAA. Seems Jarrett is going to be taking TNA's international contacts with him.

• zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Dumb Extreme Rules 2013 question that I can't find an answer for, did Brock Lesnar actually hurt his leg? Because if not, he sold the crap out of it.

He sold the crap out of it. (I think? That was match 3 of 3 vs hhh right?)

You're watching the wrong Brock Lesnar match at an extreme rules btw...

Watch the cena match from 2012.

zllehs on
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    Am I the only one around here who doesn't read smackdown spoilers and watch the show?

I don't read Smackdown spoilers and I watch the show. More fun for me that way.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    mason ryan's problem is that his muscles don't actually do anything

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I only know Danny Burch as the bald guy who just sort of stood in the ring staring blankly until the match started and I guess that's all there is to him. I had to look up Oliver Grey because he sounded familiar. Long time NXT viewers might remember that he was originally one half of the NXT tag champions with ex-PAC himself Adrian Neville. He was unfortunately injured and replaced with Bo Dallas.

Oliver Grey was almost Bo Dallas.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'm a Bo-Oliver

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

I always liked his better and thought the 'proper' ones looked boring.

uyvfOQy.png
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    BmWcMaeCAAQvAvv.jpg

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I was fairly certain I read she had asked for her release the first time around.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular

"It’s interesting—people leave the indie wrestling league and go to the WWE and then come back," she says. "One of the wrestlers, whose name is El Generico from PWG is at WWE now and I wish him well."

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Seriously, though, get your shit together, Gilly.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    My Dallas tshirt has been in town two days, either they are waiting on the other shirt I got or my postman is a Bo-liever.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    Always bolieve that your postman is stealing things. Always.

As previously reported, Hulk Hogan is going on WWE's tour of Japan in July. The reason for doing so is to boost ticket sales there, where their popularity has been sagging somewhat. It has apparently worked as ticket sales spiked as soon as Hogan was announced. This is his first wrestling-related appearance in the country in over ten years.

There's a funny joke here somewhere...

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    A new Jesse Sorensen interview apparently happened. There's a summary over on DVDVR, but basically: he wanted to sue TNA for his injury, brought it up to Pritchard, and days later was offered the production job which Dixie promised him and his family he'd have for life. Eventually, the time period where he was legally allowed to sue passed. Less than a month after it passed, he was fired.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I know this is the mental illness talking, but I really want the AJ Styles vs Okada match to end in a no contest when Tiger Mask II comes out, lays out both guys with elbow strikes and then unmasks to reveal himself to be none other than Chris Hero.

The WWE official response regarding KENTA is:

"Unfortunately, we do not have any further information to share at this time. We will keep you posted if/when we have any news on him."

OK then.

He's going to show up dressed like CM Punk and doing his moves...wait...

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    MikeLL wrote: »

"It’s interesting—people leave the indie wrestling league and go to the WWE and then come back," she says. "One of the wrestlers, whose name is El Generico from PWG is at WWE now and I wish him well."

It's gotta be gratifying for the teacher to see his pupil get mistaken for him.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    He's going to show up dressed like CM Punk and doing his moves...wait...

Man I... I was going to make that joke.

Like, I really want them to act like it's CM Punk returning to the WWE; but he's now called Ken Ta Punk. And he doesn't speak anymore. He can only communicate by his feet.

By that I mean he kicks people a whole lot.

Either that or he's super excited happy-go-lucky guy who somehow has no idea what's been happening in the biggest wrestling company in the world, and he really just wants the US audience to see his sweet running knee! And this cool move he invented called the Go To Sleep.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    I know its all tongue in cheek/good fun, but if the idea of always kayfabe is dumb coming from Cornette, its dumb from Zayn, too.

Goose! wrote: »
    I know its all tongue in cheek/good fun, but if the idea of always kayfabe is dumb coming from Cornette, its dumb from Zayn, too.

Zayn doesn't take kayfabe seriously like Cornette though.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    The Zayn thing isn't really kayfabe as much as it is a running gag, anyway.

Schide on
This discussion has been closed.