As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Return of the Fishman: Disneyland Tue/Wed

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Yeah, LA is kinda dumb in that regard

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Houk wrote: »
    Fishman wrote: »
    That was a long day in between two very short nights. But hey, I'm now in a hotel and people wearing mouse ears keep strolling past my window.

Just wait till you get to Disneyworld! Hyuk hyuk hyuk

Fishman, if you find yourself at Disneyworld, you've taken the 10 in the wrong direction. Severely!

mkc.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    That was a long day in between two very short nights. But hey, I'm now in a hotel and people wearing mouse ears keep strolling past my window.

Just wait till you get to Disneyworld! Hyuk hyuk hyuk

Fishman, if you find yourself at Disneyworld, you've taken the 10 in the wrong direction. Severely!

Damn your eyes!

I know the difference, I don't know why I always type the wrong one...

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Yeah, LA is kinda dumb in that regard

Welcome to America, land of the car

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    You know what the best part is?

Owners of cars are too fucking lazy to traverse more than roughly 20 minutes worth of driving, whatever that may be in given traffic conditions.

People have fucking DRIVERS fatigue.

And that is why nobody comes to visit me in Downey, ever.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I think you may be overlooking how awful Downey is

I mean, you're cool and all, but ...

Downey's got a handful of things worth coming up for.

Mostly it's things in Monterey Park and Long Beach and LA and-and-and-and

But no, if it's past Anaheim, these fuckers can't be assed.

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Was anyone actually thinking of hitting Santa Monica with us on Sat, or was it basically just people getting food in Anaheim Sunday sometime? Because if I'm not standing anyone up we might just go to Newport or Laguna or San Clemente, somewhere easier to get to. Seeing as no one's said anything about it, I'm sort of figuring at this point probably what we're doing is just grabbing some food together Sunday as that seems to be all anyone is up for?

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    i am 100% down for fooding in the anaheim area on sunday

edited May 2014
    I will go anywhere and do anything.

I will say that Santa Monica is nice and worth the drive, but that New Port is just as good. Of the three cities you listed, I would recommend New Port. In fact, if you want, I can recommend a place for brunch in New Port.

Edit: Oh man, you said food, and now all I can think of are all the great places to eat in SoCal.

How fussy are your kids with food?

sarukun on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Cool. We'll do our own thing with our Saturday and catch whomever on Sunday.

What were you thinking foodwise for Sunday? Obviously my knowledge of restaurants in the area consists of places with anamatronic animals, so I figure you guys might have local knowledge to exploit. My kid is still at the toddler 'put anything in my mouth' phase, so whatever is probably fine so long as we don't start late.

We'll probably be inside Disneyland most of the day Sunday, but if there's somewhere not too far from the park, that would be great.

The easiest thing would probably just to find somewhere in Downtown Disney. @Nads or @Fiz‌ or @Brogey might have some good recommendations for the area

And it looks like we're heading to New Port tomorrow, so I may as well take that brunch recommendation from @sarukun.

And it looks like we're heading to New Port tomorrow, so I may as well take that brunch recommendation from @sarukun.

http://www.lebistrolido.com/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Le+Bistro+Mediterranean+Restaurant/@33.619197,-117.928578,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x80dd2006fb1b85b7:0x9e282306cc2f82bb

Get there before 11.

Get the Pancakes.

(They are not pancakes, they are Turkish Pancakes, and they are awesome)

If you chicken out there's a perfectly serviceable American diner across the street.

• Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Is anyone else (other than Fishman and hsi family) planning on actually going to Disney on Sunday? I'd be game to go, since I have the annual pass, but I don't want to be the only one. But I'm definitely down for meeting for food (plus I kinda want to go in the Lego store they have at Downtown Disney).

Cool. We'll do our own thing with our Saturday and catch whomever on Sunday.

What were you thinking foodwise for Sunday? Obviously my knowledge of restaurants in the area consists of places with anamatronic animals, so I figure you guys might have local knowledge to exploit. My kid is still at the toddler 'put anything in my mouth' phase, so whatever is probably fine so long as we don't start late.

We'll probably be inside Disneyland most of the day Sunday, but if there's somewhere not too far from the park, that would be great.

Gonna bring your ass Cuban Sandwiches.

Your life will never be the same.

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Karrde1842 wrote: »
    Is anyone else (other than Fishman and hsi family) planning on actually going to Disney on Sunday? I'd be game to go, since I have the annual pass, but I don't want to be the only one. But I'm definitely down for meeting for food (plus I kinda want to go in the Lego store they have at Downtown Disney).
    I'm going to try my best to make it down to Disneyland tomorrow, and I think Lord Dave and Eclipsed Planet might too.

As for dinner options in Downtown Disney, everywhere has a chance to be crowded.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    There is a place by Disneyland called Luigi's. They were on Kitchen Nightmares, so you know they are quality.

juggcat.jpg
    Cool. If people did join us at the park, that would be great. It would certainly make it easier to coordinate with people as my phone is rather expensive.

We'll be heading in around open; let me know before then if you want to meet somewhere or need my number. Sarukun & Houk should already have it.

I'm guessing it would be easiest to leave around 6-7ish to hit somewhere to eat in Downtown Disney? Does someone want to pick somewhere that might be able to seat us?

See people tomorrow? (Hopefully).

Yeah, so I don't have anyone's numbers, and when are y'all planning on going to Disney? I'm going golfing in the morning, but should be able to get to the Disney area sometime around noon.

Brogey wrote: »
    Karrde1842 wrote: »
    I'm going to try my best to make it down to Disneyland tomorrow, and I think Lord Dave and Eclipsed Planet might too.

As for dinner options in Downtown Disney, everywhere has a chance to be crowded.

Would you do me a favor and post in here if you and LD decide to go? No offense to Fishman, but I'd rather call a local number if possible.

From the looks of my inbox I'd guess that we'll be solo in the morning but a few might turn up in the afternoon.

Alright, I'm heading off. I'll be out of wifi range so best way to get a hold of me will be shoot me a text message, as data charges like a wounded bull so I won't be checking the boards.

If/when decisions are made with dinner/anything else could someone post? I need about 1 hr 45 min to get down there without traffic so as much lead time as possible would be nice.

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    I'm heading down to Disneyland shortly, should hopefully be at the Park in 90 mins. or so.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    Alright, I'm heading down. I'll be at the Park at around 2ish, if there's minimal traffic.

Thanks everyone for a great day out. It was great to catch up with everyone. We're off up to Joshua Tree for a week or so, but we'll try to keep you in the loop as to when we're coming back through and what we're doing.

This was a blast.

Sorry I didn't get to hang out with everybody who left early, but dinner was lovely.

At least everybody got to enjoy the treats I brought! I dunno how everything ended up so banged up on the 10 minute waltz from the parking lot, but hopefully the flavor was unimpeachable. :P

10 minutes of waltzing will do that ;)

Well, I know that now.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am so fucking unbelievably disappointed I couldn't go hang out with Fishguts at Disneyland.

8406wWN.png
    It was a ton of fun! Also his son is pretty much the cutest baby

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

WHAT THE FUCK

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    YES

BABY FIGHT

HAIL HYDRA

8406wWN.png
    Moriveth wrote: »

WHAT THE FUCK

fine

his son is pretty much the cutest baby i have personally met

fedex yours down here and i'd be happy to re-evaluate

don't expect me to pay return postage though

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Fishyodababy is pretty ridiculously cute

mkc.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Fuck.

Exactly. I would have lobbied Fishfamily to come vacation in DC. No driving needed, free museums and zoo, good grub, decent forumer density (for the East Coast) and Spring sprung all over. Maybe take a train up to Philly or NYC, but mostly DC. ;)

I hope all involved had a great time in California. We'll be seeing pictures of Joshua Tree, yes?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2