is a 2.5D side-scrolling brawler that combines the depth and randomness of roguelikes, and the fast-paced action of beat 'em ups. The game is being developed for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
You, as the Ascendant, suddenly manifest in a world populated by raging fanatics, devout zealots, and wild beasts, furious at your arrival into their plane. You are a challenge to the rule of the older, tyrannical gods, and they will stop at nothing to eliminate you. The world has succumbed to their might and you must travel through the land gaining strength, enhancing your abilities, and gathering an army of followers to oppose their reign.
is very much a brawler at heart. You will constantly be in the middle of combat as you progress through the game, bashing your way through the throngs of fervent zealots, rabid beasts, and indomitable bosses. Additionally, the game takes a lot of features from one of our favorite genres – roguelikes – and puts them to good use. Permadeath, character enhancement, random drops, dynamically assembled content; these things and more are featured in Ascendant
- Brawler Combat – Martial weapons are the primary way that the Ascendant dispatches enemies. You will be able to perform ground and air combos to slice your way through the frenzied hordes of beasts and fanatics. Additionally, enemies can be launched into the air using a chargeable power attack which can then be followed up by juggling with more air combos and ranged spells.
- Aspects of the Gods – Aspects are part of a socket system that actively enhances a player's weapon, spell, or armor. Each aspect has their own unique characteristics and placing them into different sockets will yield varying effects. For example, an ice-based Aspect on a weapon would freeze enemies that are launched into the air while the same Aspect socketed into the Ascendant’s armor would allow for a slow-fall effect to be activated during descent.
- Breaths - Players can pick up Breaths as kind of a panic button. These are one-time use items that are like mini-Aspects. They embody an Aspect but only for a brief period of time.
- Multiple unlockable characters with different strengths and weaknesses to suit any playstyle
- Random special events keep the gameplay fresh each playthrough. You will never know what to expect in the next room
- Hundreds of weapons to wield each with unique characteristics allowing you to adjust and adapt to the swarm of foes attempting to stop you
- Dynamically constructed environments means that the structure of every level will consist of randomly assembled rooms. Each level places the boss, treasure, and arenas differently so you will always be rewarded for exploring the depths of the world
- Website - More info, screenshots, concept art, and a devlog.
- Twitter - Not as many tweets you could ever read, but just enough.
- Facebook - Like and follow our progress
The first TEN
most awesome people ever to respond to this post will be included in our next beta build release! Be on the lookout for a PM from pants1067
This forum has taken everything from me
This hurts but I deserve it