As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bathing in clouds :3

no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
edited October 2006 in Artist's Corner
Well what can I say... studying can be stressfull sometimes and I decided to let loose. Next up is my character for PA:AC:BT round 2.

Tell me what you think. ( or analyze my mental state )

ziudiudiu.jpg

no_toast on

• Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Letting loose is good... sometimes. In this case I don't think it's such a bad thing ;)

Its pretty odd, I'll give ya that much... I really don't know what to say. That's not a bad thing, I'm just not sure what to say :P

Straight off, I think the cloud could do with a bit of work in the fluffyness department. Clouds are usually all fluffy and stuff, but it looks more like a solid surface, especially where the lady's feet are concerned. Having wisps of cloud and such coming up in little puffs would probably make it look less like a flat surface and more like a gaseous mass. Same applies for the dude. He currently looks like he's sitting in something more solid, maybe foam or something. And that part where the cloud trails off into a little tail thing needs some work. As it is, it reminds me of the end of a dog turd or something... y'know, how it tapers off? :lol: :shock:

Apart from that, I can't think of much. Not sure what the purple-black spiral things are, but they caught my attention almost straight away, and then my eyes followed the rest of the piece around. Not sure if that's what you were aiming for, but that's how I saw it.

I'll leave the rest of the crits on colouring and such to the experts, I dont have much to say in that department, it looks pretty cool to me. I'd probably have that as poster or something in my room, if my walls were bright orange :P

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    RavenshadowRavenshadow Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Toast, I like that a lot. There are anatomy problems here and there, but there's a marked improvement over the last few girls I've seen ya draw.

The hair and the face are :^: very nice. I like your color scheme too.

The composition confuses me a little. The cloud above her head is well done, but unlike Tweaked above me. I don't think the lower stuff is clouds it looks like bubbles from a bubble bath to me. (And since the dude with the lolly pop is sitting in them like a bath, it kinda helps strengthen this thought). Maybe a more bubbly texture on the bubbles would help.

I like your style.

Ravenshadow on
  • Options
    Ape2001Ape2001 Otaku GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I like the colouring, too. It's interesting and looks nice.
    The clouds may look lighter with a grey outline.
    If you put a shadow on the clouds on the bottom it may add more depth. But that requires that these are supposed to be under the "bathroom".

Guess the spiral is theme from the lolipop, eh? Is that a dragon on the hoarding?

At all, it it appears light and content to me, especially that guy ^^

Ape2001 on
    - SF42012 Gen replays and anime trailers http://www.youtube.com/user/derBene
    - great animation focused website http://www.catsuka.com
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Everything is very graphic, I like it. Some minor gripes about some edges here and there, but otherwise nice to look at.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    On that circular hole in the wall... is that a pink penis?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I was thinking the same thing at first, but I think it's a bird of some sort.

peeeener!

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    MaskedWallabyMaskedWallaby Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Cool concept. But. Just looking at it makes me tense, and I think it's because of the very saturated color you used for the background. Also, compositionally, there is very little going on in the upper left corner. It's good to let loose and just draw whatever sometimes, but the color choice in this piece makes me think "smoke" rather than "clouds".

MaskedWallaby on
  • Options
    RazzaRazza Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Well theres a pigeon that looks like a penis...

Razza on
    Have love, will travel.
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    On that circular hole in the wall... is that a pink penis?
    Oh you'd love for it to be a penis, wouldn't you? :winky:
    I thought it was a bird. The thought that it may be something else never really crossed my mind.

So... are they clouds or bubbles? I'm confused... I thought they were all clouds, not just the one in the background...

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Ape2001Ape2001 Otaku GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Maybe that's the idea ^^' not to be able to tell if they're bubbles or clouds.

Ape2001 on
    - SF42012 Gen replays and anime trailers http://www.youtube.com/user/derBene
    - great animation focused website http://www.catsuka.com
  • Options
    Faded_SneakersFaded_Sneakers City of AngelsRegistered User regular
    I'm just sayn. You hit the chat thread but where's the arts.? Rawr.

Instagram: fadedsneakers
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    I'm just sayn. You hit the chat thread but where's the arts.? Rawr.
    STOP FREAKING NECROMANCING you silly goose.
    It's not 2006 anymore!

This discussion has been closed.