As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Who wants a 40% off coupon for LUFTRAUSERS?

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    If Night Dive makes it their single, core business of just unfucking the rights to hot, old titles, then they will be the bestest.

Yesssss. This would be the best thing.

Fighting Force and Dark Legions please. Or the old AD&D Gold Box games...

unf unf unf

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Guys so far apparently @MediumDave is the only person amongst you who wants to be a gangster.

Come on I still have 3 more copies of Omerta: City of Gangsters and I know surely someone out there would like one.

• Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    What. The. Heck.

Common you can't just gift bomb someone for showing a casual...interest...in a game...
    I'm just glad people were talking about Shadowrun to make me check the store page and see the sale. If there's funds in the wallet any excuse to put more copies in peoples hands is welcomed. I've gotta be getting close to 15 copies tossed out at this point, plus a couple Dragonfalls.

To be a bit more thorough about why I love it though @Karoz, first and foremost fantastic writing. The dialogue is amazing, plot wise it's a good sorta detective style story that you play through. And they totally nail the tone of Shadowrun. Then there's fun XCOM-light combat with a nice amount of customizability for your character. With the release of Dragonfall they've also cleaned up some of the minor annoyances the base game had when it came out, most notably you can now save anywhere.

I hope you guys like it and definitely give Dragonfall a spin if you do. It steps things up even more, plus I need Harebrained to get lots of money so they'll make more content.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote: »
    Guys so far apparently @MediumDave is the only person amongst you who wants to be a gangster.

Come on I still have 3 more copies of Omerta: City of Gangsters and I know surely someone out there would like one.

Omerta's pretty good game I have it already but if you want some light X-Commy goodness it's a nice taste of that but with Mobsters.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote: »

And @Shogun has rewarded my gangster like tendencies with a copy of Omerta!

Thanks, dude!

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Wellll...

Glad I knocked on that wood. Ugh.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Wow, that Humble Weekly Bundle looks great! I already have most of the games, but I might pick it up for the Rocketbirds soundtrack. Rocketbirds is a weird little thing; it's somewhat similar to 1990s games like Flashback and Blackthorne as far as combat goes (probably not as good, though), it's set in a world populated by anthropomorphic birds and set in a World War II-equivalent era. The music is pretty catchy and doesn't seem to fit with the game, but it somehow still worked for me. It's not a great game, but I had some fun with it. I think I saw a sequel announced a few weeks back.

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    I have two copies of Awesomenauts sitting in my Inventory for over a year if anyone is interested in it and was thinking of picking up the Humble bundle for it.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Just an FYI on the star wars games with multi. In pretty sure most, if not all, are on GameSpy, which will be shutting down soon.
    Hopefully the will be a big server flood this Sunday giving them all a nice send off. I should start downloading now...

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Hell, just yesterday I got another friend invite and I didn't suddenly get class bombed.
    Yet! Please Kalnaur don't take this as a challenge!

I'll need income first. Or to actually finish my own game. :3

I search out folks I have not yet friended and I do so. I collect friends like some people here collect cards. :smiley:

Edit: I was left behind when the wife was taken off to the urgent care, so I've heard nothing yet, but she does this in high temp situations.

:bro?:

Geez, I hope everything turns out okay.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Awesome. Apparently I get a copy of Battleblock Theater for free for beta testing it. Woot!

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    DaxterMax wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    Guys, I don't know if you know this about me, but I love platformers. In particular, I love collecting things in platformers, and it's awesome when those platformers are three-dimensional. Why am I telling you this? Because I just got a code for The Last Tinker: City of Colors, and I couldn't be happier. I am going to have so much colorful, collecting-stuff fun this weekend I can't even stand it.

That looks gorgeous. I love charming colorful platform games like that, one of the best things about owning an N64.

Are you aware of 'A Hat in Time'?
    It was a Kickstarter title that's also been greenlit. It should be out in the next few months.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92952101

Oh man, that looks great, too. Not sure about a $20 preorder, but it is going on the wish list as soon as it is released on Steam properly.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    Now i can be a gangster thanks to @Shogun!

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Why does everything I want go on sale at the same damned time?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'm another dude with a Luftrausers coupon. I hear the game is quite good, and Vlambeer seems like they're not evil, so let me know if you want the coupon.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I'm having a weird problem that just started randomly happening yesterday. I haven't changed any settings on Steam or my network or anything, but suddenly when I tried to download a game, the download just starts and stops constantly and never seems to finish.

I was having that same issue on the tablet I just bought. Couldn't figure it out, so i just uninstalled and will be using the Windows Store for my games on my tablet.

Is it doing that "Drive Busy" with the red light thing?

Yeah, I've been getting that too lately. What's up?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »
    Sir, in your honor I will rend my enemies and wear their faces!

You sound like a guy in the D&D group I run. He likes to adorn himself with his enemies body parts too.

There's some decent sales on those Star Wars games. Everyone owes it to themselves to play the Jedi Outcast/Knight/Academy games.

Ha! I used to play a cleric who used the sternum of a defeated enemy to cast his augury spells, then "Mr. Sternum" would tell the party what the results were.

To get back on topic, I can't believe that Ultima Online is coming to steam. I played so much of that years ago. I had long thought it had been shut down. I'm not sure if I can resist dipping my toes back in.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    My giftbox continues to overflow with class. I needed some cheering up after coming home from work and @HyphyKezzy‌ hit me with Shadowrun Returns! Thank you so much!

7fUcyqa.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    signature.png

signature.png

These end in 18 hours!!! That should give you time to win, and install, then play the entire weekend. Think of how many times you could die!

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    I thought I was safe already. I was wrong! Thanks @Viking and @Isorn for Flashback and King's Quest Collection and for making me feel old. You guys are awesome! <3

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    This has been a sucky day.

I hate being obsessive over technical problems. But something like this just takes over my brain and causes endless frustration. I'd blame Comcast, but Steam is literally the only service being affected in this way. I think the fact that it came out of nowhere makes it the worst. If I had done something dumb to my modem or computer or something, I'd get it. But stuff was working fine one minute and jumbled up the next.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    What. The. Heck.

Common you can't just gift bomb someone for showing a casual...interest...in a game...
    I'm just glad people were talking about Shadowrun to make me check the store page and see the sale. If there's funds in the wallet any excuse to put more copies in peoples hands is welcomed. I've gotta be getting close to 15 copies tossed out at this point, plus a couple Dragonfalls.

To be a bit more thorough about why I love it though Karoz, first and foremost fantastic writing. The dialogue is amazing, plot wise it's a good sorta detective style story that you play through. And they totally nail the tone of Shadowrun. Then there's fun XCOM-light combat with a nice amount of customizability for your character. With the release of Dragonfall they've also cleaned up some of the minor annoyances the base game had when it came out, most notably you can now save anywhere.

I hope you guys like it and definitely give Dragonfall a spin if you do. It steps things up even more, plus I need Harebrained to get lots of money so they'll make more content.

@HyphyKezzy has the right of it (and is awesome and classy).

signature.png

signature.png

EDIT: And this is for @Ceno's sucky day:

signature.png

EDITx2: And since I seem to be on a 'games I kickstarted' roll already...

signature.png

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Yesssss Iolo! Shadowruns everywhere!

And it looks like I found the first popular invasion spot in Dark Souls 2. Spent about an hour repeatedly getting tag team invaded as soon as I set foot in the Belfry Luna before switching to offline mode so I could explore a bit. I enjoy the occasional invasion to spice things up but that was a bit much.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    this guy gave me prison architect, thanks @Jragghen‌
    which looks super fun and something I've wanted to try for awhile now.

150652_600.png

I'll get you back, later.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    It says something about it that I was willing to buy the humble bundle just to gift it out to people so impetuously.

Enter this one! C'mon! DO~ IT!!!
    For me? Pretty please? <3
    signature.png

Also Grand Theft Nintendo!

signature.png

Oh c'mon! At least one of you shouldn't have one these two!

signature.png

signature.png

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Today was an exhausting, boring, fairly shitty day. The sort of day that ends and you just want to stick your head in a toilet bowl and flush repeatedly. Or maybe that just happens to me.

Basically, today was: get up stupidly early, drive 3 hours south, attend an 11-hour-long conference/trade show that was 80% unrelated to anything I do at work, and then drive 3 hours home. Between the tedium and the long drive, there is ample time for one to contemplate the futility of one's existence and the meaning of life and basically decide "WTF?"

So, it's a particularly wonderful feeling to fire up the computer, launch Steam, and get assaulted by this:

BrokenAge.jpg

vanhelsing2.jpg

How? How do you people always know when someone needs a lift?

Three things off the wishlist in one day? My goodness! Thanks so much @Antoshka and @The Brayster! So much <3!

heart2.png

I love this thread.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    We have WINRARS!

run3hs5.png Metal Slug 3 @Visskar
    run3hs5.png Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut @Svevin
    run3hs5.png Dirt 3 @Darlan
    run3hs5.png Talisman Prologue @DHS Odium
    run3hs5.png Deponia @DHS Odium
    run3hs5.png Greed Corp @DaringDirk
    run3hs5.png Aerena @Taramoor
    run3hs5.png Gun Monkeys @Masume

Friend requests/gifts/PMs/emails will be going out shortly. :smile:

Thanks! Looking forward to Metal Slugging!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Wife is back from urgent care, I am back from shopping, and past making food I think I'm going to game the rest of tonight. Today has been way too much.

Think I'll keep plugging away at Terraria.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Wife is back from urgent care, I am back from shopping, and past making food I think I'm going to game the rest of tonight. Today has been way too much.

Think I'll keep plugging away at Terraria.

If there was a bro I would bro this statement, but let it be clear that I awesome'd because of this last line here. Terraria is still awesome.

• Options
    I have shut down Steam and am consoling myself with pizza that was delivered by a delivery guy that was high as fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Wow, that Humble Weekly Bundle looks great! I already have most of the games, but I might pick it up for the Rocketbirds soundtrack. Rocketbirds is a weird little thing; it's somewhat similar to 1990s games like Flashback and Blackthorne as far as combat goes (probably not as good, though), it's set in a world populated by anthropomorphic birds and set in a World War II-equivalent era. The music is pretty catchy and doesn't seem to fit with the game, but it somehow still worked for me. It's not a great game, but I had some fun with it. I think I saw a sequel announced a few weeks back.

These anthro birds, do they wear hats?

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

These anthro birds, do they wear hats?

Yes.
    59457.jpg

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Who among you does not own Half Life?

I have a code for it that I think hasn't been used yet, it's good for Half Life, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, Counter Strike, Day of Defeat, and Ricochet.

edit: Also TFC

Assuming it works.

Let me know and you can have it.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    @Killjoy sent me some Shadowrun while I was talking in chat, just out of the blue! Thanks a bunch which I forgot to say originally, bad me.

qRn3v0C.jpg

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @Viking has done it again. I now have Project Root, which I just spent a bit of time with. It's like Steel Storm but better. Which means I like it a lot. Thanks Viking!

• Options
    Are there any PC games that capture the ......"intimacy" of hong kong action movies close quarters combat scenes?

Conversely, is there any game that captures the scope of Wuxia battles? I'm looking for something like Asura's Wrath sans the 5 hours of cutscenes.

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Are there any PC games that capture the ......"intimacy" of hong kong action movies close quarters combat scenes?

Conversely, is there any game that captures the scope of Wuxia battles? I'm looking for something like Asura's Wrath sans the 5 hours of cutscenes.

SLeeping Dog's does the kung fu action thing pretty well for a gta clone.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WNawbK994A

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WNawbK994A

Not enough sticky arms but now I want that company to do a cyberpunk GTA clone.

This discussion has been closed.