As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MegaTen/Persona] Rise Kujikawa enters the Arena! Japan gets Ultra Suplexed on 2014/8/28

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFL51LWRpmo

She looks fun.

So... How long until Kei or Tatsuya are playable? I want the Arena games to stop teasing the fans with all the P2 characters that are clearly Shadow Operative members and have them show up in the plot front and center already.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFL51LWRpmo

She looks fun.

So... How long until Kei or Tatsuya are playable? I want the Arena games to stop teasing the fans with all the P2 characters that are clearly Shadow Operative members and have them show up in the plot front and center already.
    Kei, sure, but Tatsuya...
    If I'm not remembering incorrectly, doesn't the Tatsuya that actually exists in the Persona timeline not have a Persona/no memories of anything that happened in EP? Sadly, pretty much none of the IS cast could be involved.

edit: based on that one shadow-y image of them, I'd be willing to bet (fake) money that Kei, Eriko, and Ulala are involved. If Ulala's around, Baofu can't be far behind. One of the shadows definitely reminded me of Yukino's Persona 1 art, too, and Yukino is a badass, so I'll hope for her, too.

edit again: My guesses based on that image
    wnuGIwk.png

I figure Akihiko's in there somewhere, and I guess what I'm seeing as a long skirt could be his cape thing? And I guess the far right ? is probably Aigis? I always forget she exists.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Just a heads-up that the Persona event will be re-streamed here, in case you can't watch it on Nico.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    My bread is ready to be burned.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Nico stream is live, the actual event starts in about four minutes. Brace yourselves.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Sadly I'm mobile right now and working

Be a dear and keep the rest of us informed?

• Options
    Sure thing.

Right now it's recapping Spring of Birth, which is nice because I haven't seen the movies. The announcement comes later AFAIK

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I just realized that I'm excited for Ultimax pretty much entirely because it's an excuse to play more Arena, rather than for anything that's actually being added to the game. I don't really care about any of the new characters, because I barely played Persona 3 and I'm not especially fond of Rise. All of the characters I could want to play as are already in the game!

Except Adachi. I'm still waiting on that official announcement.

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Did the channel just go offline for anyone else?

Edit: welp
    "The community has closed this channel due to terms of service violations"

Maz- on
  • Options
    Welp, stream just got killed for TOS violation. Guess we'll see if another pops up.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Yup.

It now says its closed by the community due to a ToS violation.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Did the channel just go offline for anyone else?

Did it stop raining?

• Options
    Ugh, the announcement's supposed to be happening any minute now.

Are there any alternatives?

• Options
    edited May 2014
    The Anonymous on
  • Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    I just realized that I'm excited for Ultimax pretty much entirely because it's an excuse to play more Arena, rather than for anything that's actually being added to the game. I don't really care about any of the new characters, because I barely played Persona 3 and I'm not especially fond of Rise. All of the characters I could want to play as are already in the game!

Except Adachi. I'm still waiting on that official announcement.

I'm with you, I got in on P4A kind of late, so I'm excited to immediately hit P4U2 (probably even importing it, if importing is an option) so I can play when the scene is its most alive. I'm also really hoping it gets the scene to show up at Evo 2015, because if there's anything that'll get me to go to Evo and at least think about going two and out, it'd be P4U2.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options

Live Streaming is not available in your country due to rights issues.

:(

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

Live Streaming is not available in your country due to rights issues.

:(

...I don't know that you really want to see this. :/

• Options
    What is going on.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Just found a way around it.

Japanese men pulling their pants down is usually a Saturday night thing for me, but I can guess I can move it a day forward.

• Options
    What

• Options
    Persona Q trailer now

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Holy shit THAT WAS VINCENT

Split-second cameo, BUT STILL

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So here might be a weird question...

Do we have any ideas of when we might be getting our first batch of P5 info?

It feels like it's been eons since P4 came out and I want some more Persona in my life.

• Options
    And again with the pants.

What manner of debauchery am I watching?

Oh, Japan.

• Options
    Coming back from the Q trailer broke YouTube comments.

Amazing.

• Options
    So here might be a weird question...

Do we have any ideas of when we might be getting our first batch of P5 info?

It feels like it's been eons since P4 came out and I want some more Persona in my life.

Possibly in a couple of minutes.

• Options
    Ultimax now

Seems to be just the Rise trailer from a few days ago

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Spring of Birth is coming to BD and DVD later this month

Looks like there's a special edition that includes stickers and an artbook and maybe some other stuff?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    No word on English dubs?

• Options
    No word on English dubs?

Can't tell, stream isn't dubbed.

• Options
    No word on English dubs?

It's a Japanese event, they're not gonna talk about anything English-related.

Well, they haven't so far at least, but I wouldn't expect it.

• Options
    This has been the best/worst thing I've ever watched.

Why is that man just fondling teddie.

• Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    This has been the best/worst thing I've ever watched.

Why is that man just fondling teddie.

Why aren't you?

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I totally want that SEES hoodie.

And that Shinji/Koro figure pair.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Alright, announcement coming up.

• Options
    Persona 4 related.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Persona 4 Golden: The Animation

Airing in July. Shown footage of Marie.

Maz- on
  • Options
    P4G: The Animation.

• Options
    Persona 4 Golden: The Animation

Is this for serious

• Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    Okay, so not only did they remake P4, they're also remaking P4 - The Animation...

On the one hand, sure. On the other hand... eh....