As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicits for Dec. 2007! Now with 3X the THWIP!

13»

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Venom suit comes from the Mighty Avengers storyline, obviously.

DarkPrimus on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Iroh wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Did I miss something? The Punisher has a costume that repairs itself and fashions guns for him? Is it the venom symbiote? Teh hell is going on? Frank shouldn't be going toe to toe with the warbound! *Meager geek arm flailing commences*
    Not just guns, man. Guns that shoot swords!

And two chainsaws! It's going to be XTREEME

I thought part of the point of War Journal was to be as absurd as possible. Then again, I don't read it because I am out of cash.

I don't read it because I'm not a huge fan of the Punisher.
    But I have to admit.
    This sounds like something even a non-fan can appreciate.

The Muffin Man on
  • mulliganmulligan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    mulligan wrote: »
    it's official, matt fraction has gone completely insane. someone at marvel needs to have that guy committed, before he ruins one of the company's best characters.

Are you kidding me?

THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!

only kidding about him ruining the character, cause obviously one writer couldn't totally ruin a character with decades of history behind it.

but, still.. the guy's obviously nuts. :D

mulligan on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I hope he shows up in a flying tank that has tank drones that shoot tiny exploding punisher dolls.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I felt the Punisher: War Journal CW was very...not Frank Castle. It just didn't seem like the same character. This is only going to make things worse.

The actual Marvel CW issues (not War Journal) that had the Punisher in it nailed the character much better than his own solo book has. :(

Accualt on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    I hope he shows up in a flying tank that has tank drones that shoot tiny exploding punisher dolls.

And the dolls have chainsaws filled with acid.

Also, they have a leash with a dog that shoots bees out of it's mouth.

The Muffin Man on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    HULK VS. FIN FANG FOOM ONE-SHOT
    Written by PETER DAVID
    Penciled by TBA
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Prepare yourself for a showdown of epic proportions. The gamma irradiated goliath, the Hulk, faces off against the mighty Marvel monster, Fin Fang Foom. This action-packed double-sized one-shot will take two of Marvel’s BIGGEST… GREENEST monsters, and pit them against one-another. And you can be sure that when these big brutal beasts collide, ain’t nobody gonna be happy. So place you’re bets folks, cause this one’s going to make it into the last rounds…
    My money is on the FOOM! Plus, classic slugfests from the past!
    48 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Awesome

But didn't Fin Fang Foom die in Nextwave

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nextwave isn't canon. Or something. Sorta.

Anyway the Fing Fang Foom in Nextave didn't line up with the canonical Fing Fang Foom at all anyway, so they have some leeway.

august on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nextwave is totally canon.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It pretty much is.

Marvel basically took all of the tasty parts of Nextwave and made it canon.

Transporter on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wiki wrote:
    The consistent way Nextwave portrays established Marvel characters behaving in uncharacteristic ways has given rise to speculation as to whether the stories should be seen as occurring in the main Marvel continuity or not. In a 2005 interview, writer Warren Ellis commenting on his Nextwave stories stated: "I think it has to be a self contained universe. It takes from Marvel history, but I wouldn't necessarily want to drag mainstream Marvel into it for fear of what I would do to it.”[8] In 2006 Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada stated that "for the time being" Nextwave was to be considered set in an universe separate from the main Marvel continuity.[9] In contradiction to these earlier statements, recent Marvel publications such as Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe and Civil War: Battle Damage Report (February 2007) seem to portray Nextwave's activities as occurring in the mainstream Marvel continuity. To further complicate matters, Nextwave's entry in Civil War: Battle Damage Report states: "Recent intelligence suggests some or all Nextwave members unknowingly had their memories and/or personalities altered by their new employers (H.A.T.E.)". The Nextwave entry in Civil War: Battle Damage Report may be evidence of an editorial decision to include the Nextwave team in the main Marvel continuity in a way that provides a plot device to explain away inconsistencies caused by the previous editorial position that Nextwave was set in an alternate universe.

It was all a dream!

WOOO

august on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Written by PETER DAVID
    Penciled by TBA
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Prepare yourself for a showdown of epic proportions. The gamma irradiated goliath, the Hulk, faces off against the mighty Marvel monster, Fin Fang Foom. This action-packed double-sized one-shot will take two of Marvel’s BIGGEST… GREENEST monsters, and pit them against one-another. And you can be sure that when these big brutal beasts collide, ain’t nobody gonna be happy. So place you’re bets folks, cause this one’s going to make it into the last rounds…
    48 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Awesome

Guessing this takes place in the past. I do believe I saw a solicitation for December however involving the Fin Fang Four..

Owenashi on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It pretty much is.

Marvel basically took all of the tasty parts of Nextwave and made it canon.

See the latest arc in Ms. Marvel for a prime example.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Written by PETER DAVID
    Penciled by TBA
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    48 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Awesome

Guessing this takes place in the past. I do believe I saw a solicitation for December however involving the Fin Fang Four..
    There have also been two imitations of Fin Fang Foom. On the first occasion the Midgard Serpent imitated Foom to try and fool the Thunder God Thor [14] while the second involved the villain Nightmare morphing a creature called a Mindless One into a copy of Foom to battle the Hulk. [15] Thor also claims at one point to have killed the true Fin Fang Foom in battle, and uses his bones to build a tomb in the realm of Asgard. [16]

Weaver on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    PWJ is just crazy crack. It's batshit crazy fun

DouglasDanger on