As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MegaTen/Persona] Rise Kujikawa enters the Arena! Japan gets Ultra Suplexed on 2014/8/28

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    It's a P4G anime

That sure wasn't what I expected

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Persona 4 Golden: The Animation

Is this for serious

Yup. Golden remake of the animation. Marie was there.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Teddie barfed up a scroll.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Why is that guy wearing a golden suit now

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I will only watch a remade P4: The Animation if it includes JYB as a way over the top hammy Yu as before.

Also if they get rid of the silly yellowish lower half of the faces that look ridiculous outside the game.

• Options

Because he can.

• Options

I'd think that it'd be obvious, why he's wearing a golden suit after announcing a P4 Golden anime.
    Because swag, duh

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So is that it or is there more to come

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Ah, I think pants guy is Yosuke's VA.

Also there's gonna be Persona magazine.

Maz- on
  • Options
    Yeah, AFAIK they're all P4 VAs

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    the guy talking looks like the Monk S.Link in P3.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Now he's straight up fondling Teddie's junk.

Someone inform PETA.

Maz- on
  • Options
    Did I hear them just say "Catherine"

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    i have no words for this anymore.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    i have no words for this anymore.

I do: "Trolling"

They're pro tier.

• Options
    And we're done.

• Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Persona VA Crazy Improv Hour coming to consoles 2015

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    bss wrote: »
    Persona VA Crazy Improv Hour coming to consoles 2015
    Therapy sessions not included

• Options
    Also it's after 2AM here and I actually need to sleep, so @cj iwakura‌ gets to do the next OP

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I will only watch a remade P4: The Animation if it includes JYB as a way over the top hammy Yu as before.

Also if they get rid of the silly yellowish lower half of the faces that look ridiculous outside the game.

Yep, blank main character worked for the game, and the game was fantastic, but full ham Yu was the best thing.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Airing in July. Shown footage of Marie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfNUVJf3l1o

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So no P5 stuff?

Waaaahhh.

• Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    Not exactly a "super important new project"

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    gunwarrior wrote: »
    Not exactly a "super important new project"

wut

take that back now.

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    For all we know it could just be a recut. The original series with some new footage (Marie, etc) spliced in, maybe some reworked and improved animation.

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Thinking about the game being "balanced" isn't quite the right attitude. The series is balanced to kill you and not care. It's balanced to show you no mercy and you should treat it the same way. The bosses won't give you any chances so there's no reason to give them any. Exploiting every, any and all advantages is not really breaking the game, it is... Victory.

Because you give SMT bosses half a chance and they do stupid stuff like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM

That's the joy of the series, when the AI is pretty much designed to be a huge asshole you don't feel bad for playing in a fashion that would break the game in any other RPG series.

Hah. I had Pierce when I did the Diet Building so.... all those bosses were a joke. <3

Demifiend LAUGHS at your physical immunity and punches you in the face.

Edit: Oh, a tip for fighting any boss that has Adds in a Press Turn SMT game. Keep them alive, but Petrify or otherwise make them useless. Proceed to laugh as half the boss' turns are wasted.

Poor, pitiable Chiaki.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Shenl742 wrote: »
    For all we know it could just be a recut. The original series with some new footage (Marie, etc) spliced in, maybe some reworked and improved animation.

A different studio is doing animation on this. I have no idea if that's a good or bad thing, though.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Thinking about the game being "balanced" isn't quite the right attitude. The series is balanced to kill you and not care. It's balanced to show you no mercy and you should treat it the same way. The bosses won't give you any chances so there's no reason to give them any. Exploiting every, any and all advantages is not really breaking the game, it is... Victory.

That's the joy of the series, when the AI is pretty much designed to be a huge asshole you don't feel bad for playing in a fashion that would break the game in any other RPG series.

Hah. I had Pierce when I did the Diet Building so.... all those bosses were a joke. <3

Edit: Oh, a tip for fighting any boss that has Adds in a Press Turn SMT game. Keep them alive, but Petrify or otherwise make them useless. Proceed to laugh as half the boss' turns are wasted.

Poor, pitiable Chiaki.

Chiaki wants to "purge the weak."

Well, now she's getting what she wants. Her first.

(Seriously, she's the worst. Senator Armstrong without the charm.)

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Shenl742 wrote: »

A different studio is doing animation on this. I have no idea if that's a good or bad thing, though.

Ah, you're right, both studios have similar looking names (A-1 and AIC) so I got confused...

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Poor, pitiable Chiaki.

The whole Reason of Yosuga is a Dunning-Krugerrand.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Poor, pitiable Chiaki.

The whole Reason of Yosuga is a Dunning-Krugerrand.

Yeah, say what you like about guys like Armstrong or Walhart, at least if you kick their asses, they go

"Okay, I'm not the strong. This guy is. So, they're probably right then. Cool."

Chiaki doesn't even have that. She's the opposite of Batman.

• Options
    Yeah, the others lost, too. But they weren't "might makes right" in the first place. And whined less.

Get good. Just get good, Baal.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Airing in July. Shown footage of Marie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfNUVJf3l1o

The animation looks vastly better than the original, and it's nice to see the faces devoid of the weird yellow shading on the bottom half.

Also, I hear new music!

I'm surprisingly actually really excited about this!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    There's no way this scene can be improved upon, though. Better just to go ahead and copy/paste that sucker in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIuVO1SsFYs

Also, here's the inevitable gif of Teddie getting fondled:

i.imgur.com/ieEHrjF.gif

Too big to just put the image here.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    OH THAT GOOD OL' FONDLING. WAT.

I like the things that Golden added, but personally there are only so many ways I can consume one product before I just want them to move the hell on. I really dug the art style itself even though the yellow shading was weird and way off at times - and imo it wasn't weird all of the time (eg. it looks perfectly fine to me in that King's Game sequence where the lighting is supposed to be harsher), just in scenes that were probably well-lit areas in the first place.
    Hence, don't really care much for the new Animation. The music sounds rad as shit, though.

Are these guys animating for P4U2 as well? the P4U2 opening seems a little different in style too compared to the one in P4U.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Yikes, thread moved fast for nothing.

Anonymous: you want the next one, or may I?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Nah, you can go for it

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I love when Yukiko just randomly turns homicidal.

"That bear needs to be disappeared" may be the best line in the game.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    P4G does retain some flaws. Uncompendable demons are bullshit.

• Options
    It's just Izanagi-no-Okami right?