As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    WE HAVE WINNERS! Links have been sent to your SteamGifts email so check your spam folders and let me know if they didn't arrive so I can PM you here.
    signature.png @Talus9952‌

signature.png @Talus9952 again (though he was the only entrant here!)

signature.png @Kalnaur‌

signature.png @Jazz‌

signature.png @""Ed Gruberman"‌

I hope that all winners enjoy their new games. Please remember to mark as received on SteamGifts so that I can do this again next time I have the means! :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Just when I thought the Steam thread was a safe place where I could go to not be reminded of Bob Hoskins' recent death, you guys have to go and bring up Super Mario Bros.

oww my emotions

v7cl0fbhv24i.jpg

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Just when I thought the Steam thread was a safe place where I could go to not be reminded of Bob Hoskins' recent death, you guys have to go and bring up Super Mario Bros.

oww my emotions

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/sq/v7cl0fbhv24i.jpg

Ouch. My feels.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Repost

Poor little Sanctum 2. :'(
    Firebird wrote: »
    It says something about it that I was willing to buy the humble bundle just to gift it out to people so impetuously.

Enter this one! C'mon! DO~ IT!!!
    For me? Pretty please? <3
    signature.png

Also Grand Theft Nintendo!

signature.png

Oh c'mon! At least one of you shouldn't have one these two!

signature.png

signature.png

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    @jclast, J-Class(t)-ing up the joint. Cheers, fella!

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    signature.png

signature.png

Contests ENDED!

And the winners are:

@Kristmas Kthulhu, for Dark Souls II, where you will surely die a thousand amazing deaths before feeling like you accomplished anything.

and

@Megaman001, for DayZ, where you will surely die a thousand amazing deaths before feeling like you accomplished anything.

Congrats to you two, and thanks for trying everyone else. Now, go out and buy DayZ so you can die with me!

Shit, that's fantastic. Thank you so much!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    This Star Wars bundle is super tempting, even though I already own half the stuff on cds. My question is what's wrong with the Force Unleashed games? I thought most people generally liked them, but they have pretty terrible metascores. As in they would be the lowest scoring things in my library if I got them. Did they just get a terrible port or something? Also, as fantastic as I've heard Republic Commando to be, does it really hold up 10 years later if you are going into it without having played it when it first came out?

This talk about Star Wars packs makes me remember that my copy of Star Wars Racer stopped working when I moved to W7. And now I'm sad.

It's a crime that nobody has ported SWRacer yet, is what it is. I miss that game.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2014

oww my emotions

tearjerker.jpg

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. That's so sad.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options

oww my emotions

tearjerker.jpg

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. That's so sad.

Choked me up so bad when I first saw it the other day. Love it so much.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

oww my emotions

v7cl0fbhv24i.jpg

Dammit, I was just looking for that one. You win this round . . .

Also, thanks @jclast‌!

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I just took a gander at the Star Wars sale; I have played all of one of the games in the collection, that being KotOR. Apparently I am derelict in my duties as a Star Wars fan . . .

Mind you, if you're only going to play one, that's the one to pick.

While KOTOR1 was great, I thought KOTOR2 was the better game. The first game did a great job of introducing a starwars RPG game, and it had a great twist. But i thought 2 just blew it away in terms of both story and gameplay.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclast wrote: »
    WE HAVE WINNERS! Links have been sent to your SteamGifts email so check your spam folders and let me know if they didn't arrive so I can PM you here.
    signature.png @Talus9952‌

signature.png @Talus9952 again (though he was the only entrant here!)

Thanks @jclast‌ for all those classy giveaways!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    I just took a gander at the Star Wars sale; I have played all of one of the games in the collection, that being KotOR. Apparently I am derelict in my duties as a Star Wars fan . . .

While KOTOR1 was great, I thought KOTOR2 was the better game. The first game did a great job of introducing a starwars RPG game, and it had a great twist. But i thought 2 just blew it away in terms of both story and gameplay.

but sputters out for the last 10% in a convoluted hand wave of an ending.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    Yesssss Iolo! Shadowruns everywhere!
    So now that I've finished making this list. What should I do with it...

• Options

I need to play KOTOR2 with the restored ending mod. I have heard amazing things.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Ceno wrote: »
    I

I just managed to download something without incident for the first time in like three days

I'm going to try something else

Maybe this long national nightmare is coming to an end
    Whoo! Hopefully mine is fixed when I try again tonight as well!

It's still acting dumb. May have been a fluke?

I got a response from my support ticket telling me to do something I'd already done, so I'm doing it again.

EDIT: And no such luck.

Ceno on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    @akajaybay‌ gifted me Shadow Run!!! With instructions to jack off. I think he meant jack in, but I guess I can do both....

Shade on
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Y'know, despite my love of KOTOR, and TOR, and The Old Republic Era in general, I never did play the restored ending mod for the second game.

I should get on that.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options

While I agree that the ending seemed rushed, its because it was. LucasArts gave Obsidian a shortened deadline. Obsidian thought they had more time to polish the game, then all of a sudden they find out from LucasArts that they did not have as much time as they thought they had. They had to cut a lot of content to ship it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Thanks to @‌jclast for some robotic adventure in the form of PUZZLE BOTS

and @akajaybay‌ for giving me a reason to go back to Shadowrun after I switched computers and then forgot what was going on in the plot with some DRAGONFALL. I will be sure to make the Shadows Run and the Dragons Fall. It's the least I could do after, you know, playing a major part in the end of the world and the advent of the Bunn-pocalypse. Rabb-ocalypse?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

all I can read is 'Butt sputters" and that is my new favorite thing ever.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Oh geez, I finally realized I should probably just add some funds to my steam wallet so I don't freak out my card with a bunch of small transactions and right there on the account details page they hit you with a total spent in Steam number. Ouch. And a game transactions total spent which must in my case mean stuff bought in TF2. Double Ouch.

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Wow, Actua Soccer 3 is after releasing on Steam. It brings back some old memories.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    @jclast‌

So in the primary thread about this in support, people changed their region to Japan and Steam started working fine. I just tried it and yep. Games downloading normally. So it's a North America thing.

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    signature.png

Winner: @Ed Gruberman
    Enjoy

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Ed is cleaning up the giveaways! I just read 300 replies. Been deep in contract negotiations for a new job and keeping away from the PC.
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    My wife has a night shift tonight so I'm on kid duty. Anyone interested in some multiplayer tonight around 9pm EST? I was thinking Sanctum 2 or Risk of Rain or maybe starting one of the DLC characters for Borderlands 2 but I would be up for any of the games I already have.

I'm actually free tonight! But not until 7 PM PST/10 PM EST.

I'm around too at the same time (7-8PM PST) and down for any of this.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    @jclast‌

So in the primary thread about this in support, people changed their region to Japan and Steam started working fine. I just tried it and yep. Games downloading normally. So it's a North America thing.

That is crazy. I will try it if I'm still having trouble tonight after the kids go to bed. Thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    @akajaybay‌ is on some kind of a tear with the Shadowrun gifts! He hit me with a copy as well.

Thanks a bunch, and, ah, you're accepting gifts again now that the tournament is over, right? Just curious, that's all.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Ed is cleaning up the giveaways! I just read 300 replies. Been deep in contract negotiations for a new job and keeping away from the PC.
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    My wife has a night shift tonight so I'm on kid duty. Anyone interested in some multiplayer tonight around 9pm EST? I was thinking Sanctum 2 or Risk of Rain or maybe starting one of the DLC characters for Borderlands 2 but I would be up for any of the games I already have.

I'm actually free tonight! But not until 7 PM PST/10 PM EST.

I'm around too at the same time (7-8PM PST) and down for any of this.

Woohoo! 3 people to game. How do you guys do voice chat? Steam, Skype or something else?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    This is probably really mean, but I'm having a ton of fun using Chameleon in Grave of Saints while ratbroing. When someone runs past me, and they all do, I pop them once in the back with Great Resonant Soul and down they go.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular

signature.png @&quot;"Ed Gruberman"‌

I hope that all winners enjoy their new games. Please remember to mark as received on SteamGifts so that I can do this again next time I have the means! :)

Very exciting! I will spend some time rescuing the world with some lovecratian squids. Thanks so much for running these!
    DaxterMax wrote: »
    signature.png

Winner: @Ed Gruberman
    Enjoy

This is such a pretty looking game. I am really looking forward to it. Thank you.

I just have to say that the level of class in this thread is too much for me. I'm going to have to hold off on accepting anymore gifts or entering anymore contests until I can return the favour.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Serious Sam Classics: Revolution!?!?! What is this thing?

Apparently it's Serious Sam the first and second encounter with stuff added in and it works properly on 64 systems! My god it's free for folks that own but have trouble playing the originals?!?!?! But wait a minute what if I just own the HD versions, then to hell with you! This alpha update of an updated version has split screen couch coop and it's five bucks so buy it you bum!

Not exactly sure what the hell this thing is but I'd be up for some co-oping if anyone was ever interested, or just the regular hd versions. I loves me some serious sam and seeing this in my library with no talk about it scared me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    So I'm playing around with steam's streaming; how do you enable the overlay? F6 isn't working for me, on the source or target machine.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    @akajaybay‌ is on some kind of a tear with the Shadowrun gifts! He hit me with a copy as well.

Thanks a bunch, and, ah, you're accepting gifts again now that the tournament is over, right? Just curious, that's all.

It's the weirdest thing, because @akajaybay hit me with a copy of Singularity for reasons I can't discern.
    signature.png

Open to the general PA group.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Isn't the overlay usually Shift+Tab?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Woah I've been mostly absent from the Steam thread of late but @akajaybay still hit me with Shadowrun Returns and a message to "Hack the planet"

Thanks and stay classy Steam thread!

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Isn't the overlay usually Shift+Tab?
    No, I mean the streaming overlay. The one that shows bandwidth stats and framerate and such. F6 is supposed to show or hide it, but no dice.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Scratchy wrote: »
    Serious Sam Classics: Revolution!?!?! What is this thing?

Apparently it's Serious Sam the first and second encounter with stuff added in and it works properly on 64 systems! My god it's free for folks that own but have trouble playing the originals?!?!?! But wait a minute what if I just own the HD versions, then to hell with you! This alpha update of an updated version has split screen couch coop and it's five bucks so buy it you bum!

Not exactly sure what the hell this thing is but I'd be up for some co-oping if anyone was ever interested, or just the regular hd versions. I loves me some serious sam and seeing this in my library with no talk about it scared me.

Oh man this is awesome. Downloading this right this second.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    So apparently the company who did the re-release of System Shock 2 has picked up the trademarks for the No One Lives Forever series.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Hey is there any easy way to see what soundtracks you own on Steam without manually clicking through your games?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

This discussion has been closed.