As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Hey is there any easy way to see what soundtracks you own on Steam without manually clicking through your games?

I've always thought this sort of thing would be a great use for that old Media tab in the client that is used for practically nothing. All of a games media that Steam has downloaded should be linked in that thing. Manuals, artbooks, soundtracks, papercraft pdf files, whatever.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I just have to say that the level of class in this thread is too much for me. I'm going to have to hold off on accepting anymore gifts or entering anymore contests until I can return the favour.
    As long as it's clear that you already entered my contest. You're on the list. There's just nothing quite right at the moment.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    signature.png

Boom! @HiT BiT

signature.png

Bang! @Dissociater‌

signature.png

Ka-pow! @DoctorArch

signature.png

Kerblouie! @Elvenshae‌

Congrats, All. :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    So apparently the company who did the re-release of System Shock 2 has picked up the trademarks for the No One Lives Forever series.

Hmmm.
    I'd prefer to see someone pick up Timesplitters.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    So apparently the company who did the re-release of System Shock 2 has picked up the trademarks for the No One Lives Forever series.

Hmmm.

Seems like someone might have.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Ed is cleaning up the giveaways! I just read 300 replies. Been deep in contract negotiations for a new job and keeping away from the PC.
    My wife has a night shift tonight so I'm on kid duty. Anyone interested in some multiplayer tonight around 9pm EST? I was thinking Sanctum 2 or Risk of Rain or maybe starting one of the DLC characters for Borderlands 2 but I would be up for any of the games I already have.

I'm actually free tonight! But not until 7 PM PST/10 PM EST.

I'm around too at the same time (7-8PM PST) and down for any of this.

Woohoo! 3 people to game. How do you guys do voice chat? Steam, Skype or something else?

I don't usually, cause stranger danger.
    For reals, vent or steam chat mostly. But I haven't really used it in Sanctum 2 or Risk of Rain. half of sanctum 2's charm is text to speech. John Madden.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hey, has the Steam wishlist always had this red button at the bottom that removes all games you own from your wishlist? It's great for when you redeem a key and it doesn't automatically take the game off your wishlist.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014

Hmmm.

Crytek did. They've said that Timesplitters fans can shove it.

(Well, ok, not exactly, but that fan demand was "not high enough yet").

Zxerol on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Hey, has the Steam wishlist always had this red button at the bottom that removes all games you own from your wishlist? It's great for when you redeem a key and it doesn't automatically take the game off your wishlist.
    No, that's new...

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    mollehmolleh Registered User regular
    Wow, Steam just went down hardcore.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Does Gorky 17 still play poorly with Windows 7?

• Options
    Ed is cleaning up the giveaways! I just read 300 replies. Been deep in contract negotiations for a new job and keeping away from the PC.
    My wife has a night shift tonight so I'm on kid duty. Anyone interested in some multiplayer tonight around 9pm EST? I was thinking Sanctum 2 or Risk of Rain or maybe starting one of the DLC characters for Borderlands 2 but I would be up for any of the games I already have.

I'm actually free tonight! But not until 7 PM PST/10 PM EST.

I'm around too at the same time (7-8PM PST) and down for any of this.

Woohoo! 3 people to game. How do you guys do voice chat? Steam, Skype or something else?

I don't usually, cause stranger danger.
    For reals, vent or steam chat mostly. But I haven't really used it in Sanctum 2 or Risk of Rain. half of sanctum 2's charm is text to speech. John Madden.

Pretty amazing. Setup up some Steam multiplayer for 10 and right at 10, Steam drops a nice deuce on the bed. It's like they follow this thread!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Wow, yea it did.

NfRiOWz.png

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    No, that's new...

I think that's been feature of Enhanced Steam for some time now.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    signature.png

Boom! @HiT BiT

signature.png

Bang! @Dissociater‌

signature.png

Ka-pow! @DoctorArch

signature.png

Kerblouie! @Elvenshae‌

Thanks @Iolo! So stoked!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Man, I'm with @Broncbuster‌ and @Ed Gruberman‌ get this time all set up, and wham! Steam kicks us in the collective beanbag!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Somehow I've managed to stay online during all this madness.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    signature.png

Boom! @HiT BiT

signature.png

Bang! @Dissociater‌

signature.png

Ka-pow! @DoctorArch

signature.png

Kerblouie! @Elvenshae‌

Sweet, thanks man! You rock!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    signature.png

Kerblouie! @Elvenshae‌

Such class from everyone's favorite bard! I'm still kicking myself for missing the kickstarter on this one, but perhaps now I shall kick slightly less hard. :D

Thanks, @iolo!

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Been down for me for awhile too. Manned up before that though and did Belfry Luna with the damn invaders rolling.
    akajaybay wrote: »
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    Yesssss Iolo! Shadowruns everywhere!
    So now that I've finished making this list. What should I do with it...
    Hail Hydra!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hopefully Steam gets is act together soon. I was really looking forward to gaming with some fellow PAers. @DoctorArch @Broncbuster - I'm still good to go though my gaming cut off is going to have to be 12am EST (my kids do not understand that 6am is an unreasonable time to wake up)

steam_sig.png

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Steam downtime 5/2: Distraught I could not endlessly stare at the Steam store front page, I climbed to the top of a building and threw myself off. Granted, it was only two stories, but I still died. Woke up as a zombie (dammit, I wanted to be a ghost) and shuffled around a bit. Ate some brains, messed up someone's plants in their yard. Met up with some other zombies and we built a campfire of human corpses and groaned out some Kumbaya. Need more brains.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

Hmmm.

Crytek did. They've said that Timesplitters fans can shove it.

(Well, ok, not exactly, but that fan demand was "not high enough yet").

TimeSplitters 4 in Cryengine 3 would be the best thing. I know that story-wise TimeSplitters 3 wrapped everything up perfectly, but combine a solid singleplayer game with co-op and a multiplayer setup with as many features and modifiers as Future Perfect had than I will throw money at you so fast it'll give you papercuts.

Or just Future Perfect remade in CryEngine 3, I don't care. I still think it's one of the best FPS (and probably the best console FPS) that I have ever played.

Throw in support for both a simplified version of CryEditor (to replicate the console style map editor from previous games) as well as the full thing, and users would have the ability to make shit tons of custom maps and mods, and since it's CE3 all of that content would be cross platform.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Seriously, though, who schedules downtime for Friday evening? That's got to be the worst possible time to have downtime for a gaming service.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm online but not connected to my friends list. In either case, these fine couple of bro-like giveaways are ending soon.

signature.png

signature.png

• Options
    Seriously, though, who schedules downtime for Friday evening? That's got to be the worst possible time to have downtime for a gaming service.

Are we sure it's scheduled downtime?

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    SteevL wrote: »

Friends list:
    The Steam servers are currently down for routine maintenance. Friends will automatically reconnect as soon as they come available.

That could just be a message that goes up when the servers are down though.

Friends list just connected.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Does Gorky 17 still play poorly with Windows 7?

Yes. There are a few workarounds for various issues listed on it's PCGamingWiki article, but I'd do as it suggests - get the GOG version and utilise their 30-day money back guarantee if it doesn't play well on your computer.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevL wrote: »

Friends list:
    The Steam servers are currently down for routine maintenance. Friends will automatically reconnect as soon as they come available.

That could just be a message that goes up when the servers are down though.

Friends list just connected.

Ah. Mine was connected the whole time, it just showed far less friends connected.

Looks like that Steam Status page shows all servers are up now.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    So this whole having a real job has kept me way too far from the loving embrace of the steam thread. How is it going, did I miss much?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Thanks so very very much to @akajaybay, who apparently decided that running a whole damn giveaway tournament just wasn't awesome enough and decided to send The Force Unleashed my way! I've been eyeing that game for months! :smiley:

Thanks man :smile:

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Thanks to @CroakerBC for Memoria. I'd been debating it since it was on the weekly sale. Dilemma solved!

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular

Agh. My hopes haven't been raised this high since I hear that Ken Levine was working on a new X-Com game. And yeah.

So maybe Firaxis will make a new NOLF?

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Is there a way to see what game is wishlisted the most among your friends?

Edit: never mind, found it.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Posting here since there's apparently no thread for Fract OSC... Once you unlock all the synth tools, you can make some pretty damn catchy music. Not mine, I'm only like halfway through the game, but good enough I had to share it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV2NhuYuMZA

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Hopefully Steam gets is act together soon. I was really looking forward to gaming with some fellow PAers. @DoctorArch @Broncbuster - I'm still good to go though my gaming cut off is going to have to be 12am EST (my kids do not understand that 6am is an unreasonable time to wake up)

I got caught up with my kid and giving a full debriefing of my wife of my days events and missed all the excitement.
    The lame kind of debriefing, not the fun kind. :\

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Oh man, @Icemopper I am... kind of dumbstruck that I won your Dark Souls II giveaway. I want to give you a sincere thank you for this, I adore Dark Souls and will for the first time be in on the opening of one of the Souls games when there's tons of people playing. Aaaahhhhh, so excited for this!

And @akajaybay blindsided me with Shadowrun Returns after sending a rather innocuous looking friend request. Between these and my brand new 3DS, I don't know where I'll find the time to do stuff like cook, clean, socialize, shower, etc. But you guys are really the best, much <3 to everyone in this thread.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Christmas time for @Kristmas Kthulhu

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Should I keep playing Terror from the Deep or try to actually beat Jagged Alliance 1.13?

My most recent character died in the opening village.

This discussion has been closed.