As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    6dUL8GU.png

@Scratch‌y you monster! Now I really will have to get windows 7 installed.

I just realized you were speaking in klingon...in which case QI'yaH!

RoyceSraphim on
  • ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Is that klingon? Totally unintentional.

"Should I keep playing Terror from the Deep or try to actually beat Jagged Alliance 1.13? My most recent character died in the opening village. "

Play xcom, all day every day! I was just answering a question. Goshdarnit I'm bilingual apparently!

steam_sig.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    @Scratchy suddenly swoops in out of nowhere and double-taps me with Empire: Total War and Long Live the Queen. The backlog! It grows!

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    xcom

@Scratch‌y you monster! Now I really will have to get windows 7 installed.

I just realized you were speaking in klingon...in which case QI'yaH!

You are in for an absolute treat, and this reminds me to reinstall the Long War mod... Pffft, who needs to be social after work!

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Scratchy wrote: »

"Should I keep playing Terror from the Deep or try to actually beat Jagged Alliance 1.13? My most recent character died in the opening village. "

Play xcom, all day every day! I was just answering a question. Goshdarnit I'm bilingual apparently!
    The answer to "Should I keep playing terror from the deep" is always

"MWAHAHAHAHAH! YEEEEES!"

M A G I K A Z A M
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    The weirdest thing about last night's Steam downtime is that it isn't even reflected in their own stats. ean6rhaomo87.jpg

There are two dips in there from the day before, but nothing for yesterday. Also, it looks as though the stats haven't been updated since midnight.

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Well @DoctorArch and @Broncbuster. Steam thwarted our attempt at multiplayer last night but I'm up for trying again tonight if you are. It can't fail twice in two nights, right?

Anyone else welcome to join us, of course. Probably for Sanctum 2 at 9est

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Oh man, @Icemopper I am... kind of dumbstruck that I won your Dark Souls II giveaway. I want to give you a sincere thank you for this, I adore Dark Souls and will for the first time be in on the opening of one of the Souls games when there's tons of people playing. Aaaahhhhh, so excited for this!

It is absolutely my pleasure to give you the gift of death. Enjoy!

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    There are too few situations where I get to witness someone granting the gift of death in a good way.

-

It finally happened. I got a call from the bank for the first time ever regarding my Steam purchases over the last few days. 'We fear there may be fraudulent activity on your card'. 'Naaaaaah, I'ma just splurgin'.

Good to see they're doing their jobs though. Must look very suspicious to someone who does not know the Newell.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Drake wrote: »
    Hey is there any easy way to see what soundtracks you own on Steam without manually clicking through your games?

I've always thought this sort of thing would be a great use for that old Media tab in the client that is used for practically nothing. All of a games media that Steam has downloaded should be linked in that thing. Manuals, artbooks, soundtracks, papercraft pdf files, whatever.

What exactly shows up in the media tab anyway. I have never seen anything in it.

I know a handful of games use the tools tab for bonus content like the witcher 2 and whatnot. But media would be a much better spot for it.

Isorn on
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Scratchy wrote: »

I was getting a South Park Mel Gibson vibe personally.

Thankfully you just throw gifts at people.

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    So I finally picked up "The Amazing Spider-Man" after wanting to try it out for a year or so, and it's surprisingly good! If you're a Spider-Man fan then you should definitely get it. Even if not it's still okay for 10 bucks. It's not that complicated and doesn't bring too much new to the table but it feels like it's content with what it offers. The combat is simple but adds some new enemies every now and then, but the best part about it is the way it looks. Spidey's moves are fluid and satisfying to watch and there's nothing better than finishing a fight and takign a look around to seeing enemies webbed to walls, floor and ceiling all around you. Webswinging is as simple as it gets, but feels nice and fluid. Webrush lets you get around quickly and easily.

Do NOT get any of the DLC however. They're pretty bad, even for just 3 or 4 bucks. Boring and uninteresting. Play 10 seconds of any of the DLC challenges and you've literally seen all there is to it. Waste of money.

To summarize: It's simple but pretty to look at and the gameplay stays fresh by adding something new every now and then to keep you interested.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

I started playing Mass Effect 2 again. I think I'm in it for the long haul now. I've already beaten the game once, but at the time I didn't have any of the major DLC like Shadow Broker, Kasumi, etc. and at least two of my crew died at the end. I want to give it another shot, especially before I play Mass Effect 3.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I started playing Mass Effect 2 again. I think I'm in it for the long haul now. I've already beaten the game once, but at the time I didn't have any of the major DLC like Shadow Broker, Kasumi, etc. and at least two of my crew died at the end. I want to give it another shot, especially before I play Mass Effect 3.

I miss the "Bro" button right now.

/sniffle

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular

Shadow Broker and Kasumi are so goddamn good. Overlord is very good, but play at least a bit of Firewalker first to introduce the Hammerhead properly. Arrival is still decent, I think it gets a bum rap, and it sets the opening scenes of ME3 into a little more focus as to what's gone on in the interim.

Jazz wrote: »

Shadow Broker and Kasumi are so goddamn good. Overlord is very good, but play at least a bit of Firewalker first to introduce the Hammerhead properly. Arrival is still decent, I think it gets a bum rap, and it sets the opening scenes of ME3 into a little more focus as to what's gone on in the interim.

I think I played through Firewalker the first time through; is that the one that's a series of missions in that hovership?

I bought all the DLC I didn't already own about a year or two ago. For Mass Effect 3, all I have is From Ashes.

• FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Last repost... all aboard!!

Firebird wrote: »
    It says something about it that I was willing to buy the humble bundle just to gift it out to people so impetuously.

Enter this one! C'mon! DO~ IT!!!
    For me? Pretty please? <3
    signature.png

Also Grand Theft Nintendo!

signature.png

Oh c'mon! At least one of you shouldn't have one these two!

signature.png

signature.png

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
    edited May 2014
    Jazz wrote: »

I think I played through Firewalker the first time through; is that the one that's a series of missions in that hovership?

I bought all the DLC I didn't already own about a year or two ago. For Mass Effect 3, all I have is From Ashes.

Yeah, that's Firewalker. It's one of the Cerberus Network freebies. You'll be using the hovership in Overlord for several different things, most of which are great.

From Ashes, despite its status as Day 1 DLC (not to spark off that old chestnut again), is also so goddamn good. It also unlocks one of the best bits of Citadel.

As for the ME3 DLC, Citadel is amazing (IMO), but is pure fanservice to the point where it might be best to not play it on your first run through ME3. Extended Cut is a must (again, IMO); maybe investigate adding the MEHEM mod or similar for subsequent runs if you feel like it. Leviathan is stunning and essential, and Omega is the Arrival of the bunch: not as great as its stablemates but gets more of a bum rap than it deserves.

The sad thing about ME2 & 3 now is how much the DLC costs compared to the heavily-discounted base games. It's bloody silly.

The multiplayer DLC - mercifully all free - will, naturally, depend on if you play the multi at all. (I'd say you should, and I'm REALLY not a multiplayer guy at all, for the most part; but I still dropped about 100 hours into the 360 version's multi.)

Jazz on
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I don't think the person in charge of my Steam support ticket is actually reading anything I'm putting down.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

See, this is why I prefer to have the GOTY/Collection/Bundle for each game. I loved Darksiders II, for example, but I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it as much as I did without the DLC adding in all the little sidequests, areas to explore, items to use, and extra story bits to play.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    @Ceno, having a Steam support person actually read/comprehend the issue would be a higher level of service than I have ever received from Steam. Steam support is a suppurating boil.
    Well @DoctorArch and @Broncbuster. Steam thwarted our attempt at multiplayer last night but I'm up for trying again tonight if you are. It can't fail twice in two nights, right?

@Ed Gruberman, if you don't mind my possibly not being mic'ed and having never played any Sanctum or Sanctum 2 before, I'll throw in with you lot this evening.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Kalnaur wrote: »

See, this is why I prefer to have the GOTY/Collection/Bundle for each game. I loved Darksiders II, for example, but I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it as much as I did without the DLC adding in all the little sidequests, areas to explore, items to use, and extra story bits to play.

Plus maybe not paying $texas for DLC for a game that costs peanuts now.

Same here, in general. But I don't think they've ever released a GOTY for ME2 or 3.

Same here, in general. But I don't think they've ever released a GOTY for ME2 or 3.

Never will, either. The best you can hope for is a sale on Bioware points, which does happen.... like once every 7th year, on a blue moon in the autumn. Amazon sells Bioware points, too, and I have seen them go on sale there once. Just once...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

Nope, never did. PS3 version of ME2 almost is, with Shadow Broker, Kasumi and Overlord on the disc, but that doesn't help PC/360 players.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Just think of it this way: Instead of buying the game and all the DLC at full price, you're getting all the DLC and the game at the same price as the game by itself back when we got it!

• DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Just think of it this way: Instead of buying the game and all the DLC at full price, you're getting all the DLC and the game at the same price as the game by itself back when we got it!

But, it goes against everything Steam has taught us all these years!!!

camo_sig2.png
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    @Ceno, having a Steam support person actually read/comprehend the issue would be a higher level of service than I have ever received from Steam. Steam support is a suppurating boil.

@Ed Gruberman, if you don't mind my possibly not being mic'ed and having never played any Sanctum or Sanctum 2 before, I'll throw in with you lot this evening.

You should join. Here are the skills you'll need to hone:

1 ) Shoot alien mans.
    2 ) Place towers so they can shoot mans
    3 ) ???
    4 ) Profit

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    One thing worth noting is there is a 5 minute tutorial level you have to do before the multiplayer is accessible. But you should definitely join us. :D

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

Never will, either. The best you can hope for is a sale on Bioware points, which does happen.... like once every 7th year, on a blue moon in the autumn. Amazon sells Bioware points, too, and I have seen them go on sale there once. Just once...

These in tandem with the fact that ME3 isn't on Steam drops my interest in Mass Effect to basically zero. :neutral_face:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

These in tandem with the fact that ME3 isn't on Steam drops my interest in Mass Effect to basically zero. :neutral_face:
    I know that feel. But, having never touched the series until 2 months ago and having just run through ME1-3 back to back (finished Thursday morning), I'm really glad I did. It's a really great series.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    @DaxterMax just ninja messaged me Dark Souls! Missed the pop up message in steam, and he was gone before I could thank him.
    So publicly I declare that he has brightened my day with Dark Souls!

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Thank you very much @iolo for the cyberfantasy of Shadowrun Returns! <3
    InKIxAQ.png

242 days left...

Your loss. Really. The Mass Effect series represents one of the best things the video game industry has given us yet. From its sweeping story to its memorable personalities to its vivid settings, it is a series that deserves to be played and is unlikely to be easily forgotten by those who do. It is a wonderful tour-de-force of [galactic] war and turmoil, heroic struggle, and the power of determination and spirit. It's an epic of companionship and adventure and the search for hope when there doesn't seem to be any. It sticks.

The three games taken together represent somewhere in the ballpark of 100 hours of pure gaming joy and countless unforgettable moments. Of those moments, of course, everyone has their favorites. A few of mine can be summarized by particular quotes - any one which will be immediately recognizable to Mass Effect vets...

"I am Urdnot Wrex. And this is my planet!"
    "Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong."
    "Shit shit shit shit. What the shit?"
    "Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters."
    "We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it."

Anyone is free to never play these games. To suggest otherwise would be silly. But so doing is really missing out on something special.

:)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Thank you @Icemopper‌ for DayZ! I am looking forward to dying terribly!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I don't need Mass Effect anymore. I have Saints Row IV for all that stuff now.

• ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    @The Brayster is a champion. He knocked the number 1 game off my wishlist and gifted me a massive amount of quests in space in the form of a collection. Nostalgia trip here I come!

steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular

You should join. Here are the skills you'll need to hone:

1 ) Shoot alien mans.
    2 ) Place towers so they can shoot mans
    3 ) ???
    4 ) Profit

You forgot "break all the maps." Most of my Sanctum 2 screenshots are getting out of bounds.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

Dudes! I can't join tonight, going to meet up and see Amazing Spider-Man 2. I'm game Sunday evening after 7:30 PST.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    I don't need Mass Effect anymore. I have Saints Row IV for all that stuff now.

You can't really say you've got SR4 for all that stuff because the Boss can dance. Shepard?

Well...she's got spirit.

s7Imn5J.png
This discussion has been closed.