As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Giant]est [Bomb] Ever seen

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    what if boss was one of us?

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Just a mob like one of us?

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I'd enjoy a game that was just WoW-style raid boss fights only the bosses' abilities, design, and environments are randomized so you can't just look up guides for how to beat them and your group has to figure it out yourselves for each fight.

A Roguelike mmo Dungeon

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I'd enjoy a game that was just WoW-style raid boss fights only the bosses' abilities, design, and environments are randomized so you can't just look up guides for how to beat them and your group has to figure it out yourselves for each fight.

I kinda miss raiding. I think the only reason I stopped playing MMOs is because I'm really selfish. Downing a raid boss and only getting some dumb token (1/40 of the way towards some new loot!) was a deal-breaker after a while.

(I do kinda hate having to depend on other people doing their roles well though. And also playing around a schedule).

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular

Having played Payday 2, this makes the 99% of the time you can't get a decent communicating group together a real headache

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Call of Duty: House of Cards

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Hello Cyberflix, I heard you could get me Dust.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

a multiplayer, 3rd person action game with roguelike elements sounds really great

and also probably a hard as hell to make, but it sounds really great

Huntera on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It was me, I hate the boss fights
    But if you're recommending one from Dark Souls 2 I fear this conversation can go no further

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I am working on a game that is 100% boss fights.

Do they even count as bosses at that point?

Shadow of the Colossus?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    I... I liked Bravely Default's story mostly...

Talkin' bout Chapter 2
    Chapter two throws it real dark compared to the rest of the game. Most of the other chapters there's some redeeming element at the end. In chapter one for instance: the king is disposed, capitalism is smashed, and the kingdom is a mostly better place as you're leaving.

Chapter 2? All of the side quests end with you showing up too late. The girls have already killed each other. The animals are already pushed to near extinction. The faithful have already been exterminated or exiled. The culture of Florem seems to have irrevocably changed from (presumably) being something wholesome to pure vanity. You defeat everyone who is responsible for these things but the damage is done and nothing gets... better. You know?

I think Chapter 2 was trying to be the "dark middle chapter". I don't really know what I think of it. It was successful in making me despair for the fate of those involved. I even felt bad killing the Venus Sisters because they were essentially drugged to the point of losing their judgement?

I felt real bad about that chapter as I was leaving it but looking back I sort of appreciate it strangely.

Sage Yulyana crackin' wise 'bout the Bravo Bikini in the dark middle chapter :rotate: Personally I'm not too fond of when writers try and have it both ways.

I think it's perfectly fine to inject moments of levity into a dark chapter. Besides, a chapter is roughly a 5-10 hour experience: everything in moderation, right?

Ceno wrote: »

WHAAAA

Are we going to get a Call of Duty level where you shoot terrorists from on top of a skateboard?

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Well I was just wondering what happened to Neversoft

6F32U1X.png
  • MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    Neversoft hasn't been the Neversoft I have nostalgia for in a while, still a bummer that the name is gone.

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

WHAAAA

Are we going to get a Call of Duty level where you shoot terrorists from on top of a skateboard?

360 pop shove it no scope boneless

• MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    listening to this, to say goodbye to Neversoft.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNKhm09Q88
    The same way I said hello.

MikeLL on
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

WHAAAA

While playing Dragonforce, yes.

Talkin' bout Chapter 2
    Chapter two throws it real dark compared to the rest of the game. Most of the other chapters there's some redeeming element at the end. In chapter one for instance: the king is disposed, capitalism is smashed, and the kingdom is a mostly better place as you're leaving.

Chapter 2? All of the side quests end with you showing up too late. The girls have already killed each other. The animals are already pushed to near extinction. The faithful have already been exterminated or exiled. The culture of Florem seems to have irrevocably changed from (presumably) being something wholesome to pure vanity. You defeat everyone who is responsible for these things but the damage is done and nothing gets... better. You know?

I think Chapter 2 was trying to be the "dark middle chapter". I don't really know what I think of it. It was successful in making me despair for the fate of those involved. I even felt bad killing the Venus Sisters because they were essentially drugged to the point of losing their judgement?

I felt real bad about that chapter as I was leaving it but looking back I sort of appreciate it strangely.

Sage Yulyana crackin' wise 'bout the Bravo Bikini in the dark middle chapter :rotate: Personally I'm not too fond of when writers try and have it both ways.

I think it's perfectly fine to inject moments of levity into a dark chapter. Besides, a chapter is roughly a 5-10 hour experience: everything in moderation, right?

Well like I said, it's personal preference. I disliked the writing basically the second the characters resorted to lethal force (immediately), so y'know.

ladi.png
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    Pouring one out for the old Neversoft crew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN-CpyOznXA&feature=youtu.be

• tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    I disliked the writing basically the second the characters resorted to lethal force (immediately), so y'know.

chapter 3 spoilers
    I didn't wanna kill the pirate guy! I thought it was gonna be like "Let's fight for fun!" and then things got too real.

oh and the child labor and a vestal presumably being thrown into lava was dark as well

FqmsaJ6.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    but the pirate guy comes back as a ghost! that part was great

• Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

Talkin' bout Chapter 2

Well like I said, it's personal preference. I disliked the writing basically the second the characters resorted to lethal force (immediately), so y'know.

Yeah the lethality was a bummer.

Chapter 5 and beyond spoilers
    It was nice to see the party not killing people later on and moving between multiple worlds let those characters "cheat death" from a development and exploration standpoint. Some of the Asterisk bearers are my favorite characters even if they are a little cliche'd.

JRPGs have never been much about choice but I would have preferred to let like 80% of asterisk bearers survive my fights.

Corp.Shephard on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Well I was just wondering what happened to Neversoft
    Haven't they been doing CoD maps for years now?

CYpGAPn.png
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Sometimes, CCP does make a good trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFTUazuGdTw

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    The voice of the Mii in this Mario Golf quick look is the stuff of nightmares.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Because sometimes numbers stations get talked about on the Bombcast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27238332

Talkin' bout Chapter 2

Yeah the lethality was a bummer.

Chapter 5 and beyond spoilers
    It was nice to see the party not killing people later on and moving between multiple worlds let those characters "cheat death" from a development and exploration standpoint. Some of the Asterisk bearers are my favorite characters even if they are a little cliche'd.

JRPGs have never been much about choice but I would have preferred to let like 80% of asterisk bearers survive my fights.

It's a shame, because I feel like the pieces were practically already there. It works incredibly hard to avoid telling a story I would find interesting.
    For example, Edea and her parents. There's a great conflict there, killing her father and endangering the life of her mother to do what she believes will save the world. Except nah, her father is one of the few characters the game doesn't have you kill your first time around and apparently her mother will be fine, so that quandary is removed.

The cast are constantly encouraged to think for themselves, but the game doesn't actually let you explore that at all. Then, rather than having the characters face the consequences (ie. killing people who were in the right, the destruction of a further four Norendes) it just pushes a big ol' reset button so nothing bad happens.

It also writes the antagonists as cartoonishly evil villains your first time through. If they'd had the characterisations they'd exhibited from Chapters 6 onward right from the beginning it would have been a far more interesting game, plus there wouldn't have been any filler.

ladi.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hearing Vinny's Animal Crossing experiences is strangely liberating.

Because I have never really been able to get into that series, and I feel like he articulates a lot of why it never clicked with me.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hello Giant Bomb Thread

Today, I placed my wallet on the trunk of my car while packing some stuff up and forgot it was there.

Once I realized it was gone I spent 2 hours retracing my steps and trying to find the wallet, freaking out and thinking about the things I needed to cancel and re-order.
    When I returned home, my wallet was on my doorstep, wrapped in a note from a woman who said she found it on the highway and used my address on my license to return the wallet.

I am in absolute shock.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Sometimes humans are pretty rad.

How do we know you're the real Chincy?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »

the ol' skinsuit ploy

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Fuck anime

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group

Fuck anime

You need to clarify, this sentence can be read both ways.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    best scene in the franchise

This discussion has been closed.