As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Giant]est [Bomb] Ever seen

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    scariest game is Amnesia for sure

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    I didn't say scariest though.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I do not like scary games

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I'm really into the focus being on ambience

scary games are all about that

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I like scary games when they aren't out to make you jump, and I can't really think of one that I like at the moment.

• Options
    I liked Doom 3

But the jump moments made me laugh more than anything else.

It was like shooting at an army of hell clowns.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    your face is a scary game

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    (because I jumped when I first saw it)

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Dubh wrote: »

:'(

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular

but it wasn't as scary as the sequel: your face too

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Yo, girl.

I got a face that can make you scream and squirm in your seat.
    'Cause your seat is also my face, girl.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I like scary games when they aren't out to make you jump, and I can't really think of one that I like at the moment.

Amnesia isn't about jump scares at all.

It's all atmosphere and unrelenting oppressive godless tension and resource management of light sources.

Ceno on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I do not like horror games or movies or media because I don't get an endorphin rush from being scared. I just get scared

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    who here would be interested in watching me descend into the hellish depths of the garrys mod roleplay community

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    also I take medication to avoid the feelings that horror is meant to evoke

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    who here would be interested in watching me descend into the hellish depths of the garrys mod roleplay community

absolutely

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

I wonder if this is how my anti anxiety drugs will work

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    If you guys want to watch an endlessly entertaining let's play of Amnesia done by one of our (CorriganX) for charity, go here. Gives you a good idea of what the game is like and you get to hear him swear like a sailor in abject terror.

http://www.twitch.tv/corriganx/c/2467879

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Kilroy wrote: »

I wonder if this is how my anti anxiety drugs will work

I hope it helps!

mine completely turned my life around and has had no negative side effects

Kilroy on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    In fargs secret stream I am watching him interact with Attack on Titan roleplayers

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

It's interesting how completely subjective horror games are. Like I did not find Amnesia scary at all because I could not fight the monsters. I knew I had to run, running was the only choice. I don't find not engaging with something to be scary.

I found Ravenholm to be way scarier, personally. Because no didn't want to engage with it but I had to.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    In fargs secret stream I am watching him interact with Attack on Titan roleplayers

Is this actually happening

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    He is making sure it works

But yes

Currently looking through a list of 60 Half Life roleplaying servers

Which we found after the Nazi Germany Roleplaying servers

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Join the horror

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular

Is this actually happening

it was! i moved on to SERIOUS HALF LIFE 2 COMBINE ROLEPLAY

i'm doing this for at least 20-30 minutes so blue said he would post the stream, might as well get more feedback on however my stream setup is fucking up

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I have a hard time being scared by media because the OKAY IT'S TIME TO HAVE FUN BEING SCARED NOW switch in my head is always flipped to OFF and held in place by a very sticky electrical tape composed almost entirely of derisive snorts and a Vinny-esque need to poke fun or fuck around with things.

Whenever I see some clips of people screaming or jumping when they play a game like Amnesia, their reactions always seems a little alien and I assume that at least some of that enthusiasm is probably because they're performing for an audience.

• Options
    I don't like hearing people scream.

Hurts my ears.

• Options
    "I made a How to Kill a Mockingbird book report out of Garry's Mod Screenshots"

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    So I am not regretting my purchase of tales of symphonia one bit. But it sure is a jaypurg. Also isn't Lloyd's voice actor the same as...
    a certain other brown haired character with a somewhat similar personality in a different jaypurg? If not its eerily similar.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Some of them ham it up for the camera I am sure. But not all of them. It can be surprising how strong a reaction people can have to things in media.

Like, I Haagen a friend who can't watch gore in movies without have to audibly start repressing the urge to throw up and sometimes she just has to leave the room. Like, she could not even take the clearly fake, for laughs gut scene at the start of Tropic Thunder without pausing it to regain composure.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    how did "have" auto correct to "haagen" do you post a lot on the haagen-dazs forums

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    how did "have" auto correct to "haagen" do you post a lot on the haagen-dazs forums

Japanese iPhone?

• Options
    action blood is fine. horror blood is what's the point. why would I want to be grossed out by something

• Options
    Horror blood like hostel or horror blood like Freddie vs Jason?

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »

It's interesting how completely subjective horror games are. Like I did not find Amnesia scary at all because I could not fight the monsters. I knew I had to run, running was the only choice. I don't find not engaging with something to be scary.

I found Ravenholm to be way scarier, personally. Because no didn't want to engage with it but I had to.

I'm the complete opposite. If I can kill the scary thing, it isn't scary. Even the first Penumbra (the series Frictional made before Amnesia) wasn't scary because you could pick up a brick and smash the monsters' heads in.

• Options
    ehh freddy vs jason isn't so much a horror movie

• Options
    Anyone screaming at Amnesia is definitely hamming it up. Because the proper reaction to that game is to clench your whole body into knots and forget how to speak eloquently at all, which is pretty much what Corrigan does in his stream (he doesn't have a camera on him though).

• Options
    also strong opinion incoming: freddy is so much better than jason in every way. the only good movie jason was ever in was because it had freddy in it, because jason wasn't actually in the first friday the 13th movie. freddy was able to maintain quality for years!

This discussion has been closed.