As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Giant]est [Bomb] Ever seen

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    yeah my natural reaction to horror is not screaming but closing my eyes and holding my breath so the monsters can't see me

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    how did "have" auto correct to "haagen" do you post a lot on the haagen-dazs forums

Japanese iPhone?

whatever you say haagen-dazs shill

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'd say there are parts of amnesia that could warrant a scream

like my favourite scare in the game
    where if you die to the invisible water monster a few times, it apparently vanishes, only to break down a door to say hello later

liEt3nH.png
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    The only scary video thing I have played was Ravenholm and that freaked me out on a sunny bright August day. I am bad at scary things and I do not like them, Sam I am.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    also strong opinion incoming: freddy is so much better than jason in every way. the only good movie jason was ever in was because it had freddy in it, because jason wasn't actually in the first friday the 13th movie. freddy was able to maintain quality for years!

I dunno jars... Jason X happened

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Fountains of blood is not a problem, caked over open wounds and burned stumps are fine

but fuck me effects like Dead Alive get to me

they are clearly fake effects but they make me think of actual human flesh behaving that way and I can't handle it

VRXwDW7.png
    Then again.

Nightmare on elm Street 3 was a masterpiece.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    anything with eyes or toe/fingernails makes me squirm. and look away. i cringe even thinking about it

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    the best freddy movie was the one where he was haunting the people making a freddy movie

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    yeah my natural reaction to horror is not screaming but closing my eyes and holding my breath so the monsters can't see me

Works with the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Piggie Chimp's Let's Play of Amnesia is the definitive telling of that story. No one else discovered the secret to the game is actually just to climb up the curtains right at the start.

ZD98Zka.png
    Yeah the lawnmower scene almost made me throw up. Though the end of evil dead 1 was the same way somehow.

I dunno it isn't about realism of the movie gore to me. I am not sure what it is. It is partly just tone and length of the scene.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Something that is weird is that someone having their arm chopped off bothers me less than if it were to get chopped into so there is just a flab of flesh hanging off. That gives me all sorts of the heebie jeebies

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    Freddy or Jason gore is more like...

The black knight in holy grail

One time during sparring, someone stamped on my toe so hard that it split open like a tomato. It still freaks me out.

ZD98Zka.png
    Zoe Quinn is the best.

Also how do I get one of those chips?

ZD98Zka.png
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    I also want one of those magnets that let you sense electric fields but every time I read about them there's a story about it getting horribly infected so I can usually resist that temptation.

You guys.

They fixed the Google play music app. I can use my phone for music again.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    brad shoemaker owns a gmod rp server

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    The only reason I wouldn't want metal in my body is the off chance I ever have to have an MRI

JayKaos wrote: »
    I also want one of those magnets that let you sense electric fields but every time I read about them there's a story about it getting horribly infected so I can usually resist that temptation.
    Give me a stud finder. Way more useful.

Huntera wrote: »
    The only reason I wouldn't want metal in my body is the off chance I ever have to have an MRI
    My mom might need a new hip before long. That sounds unpleasant to me.

Uriel wrote: »

That... actually sounds really cool, yeah.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i finally joined a server. time to roleplay

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Uriel wrote: »

oh right. I forgot there is another definition for stud initially

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    ;)

There is an app for that I bet. Go go gadget iPhone

it's called tinder

That's the joke

Well that was dumb

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    New mode for the arcade game I like is neat, it's FFA Deathmatch instead of 10v10. But with some twists. Player with the most nyudo points at the end wins, nyudo being these crystal things.

Everyone starts off the match with zero, but there are crystals that grow around the map that you can break that drop nyudo, and the crystals regrow with time. Then there are also three geysers that a couple points during the match just shoot tons of points into the air. A big alert goes out on advance of a geyser erupting so everyone knows where the action is going to be. When you kill someone you also earn 10 nyudo. So, those are the ways new nyudo enters the game.

The big twist is when someone dies, after a few seconds their mech explodes and you drop a percentage of your nyudo score, which any player can then go pick up. This makes hilarious moments where one player kills someone, goes to pick up the stuff, gets killed by a third player, who goes to pick up the stuff, who gets killed by a fourth, etc.

If the guy in 10th is battling the guy in 1st, the guy in 10th has nothing to lose and everything to gain, and vice versa for the 1st place player.

To keep the match from being just a crazy seesaw until the time runs out there is another rule though. If someone ever hits a score of 500 the match instantly ends with them winning and everyone else at their current score. Which means the guy in 1st wants to start taking risks to end the match before he dies and drops a ton of points. But then he is taking risks.

It was hard to me to adjust to this mode at first because all my mechs are set up for the 10v10 mode and I am a very objective oriented player. My support is set up to deploy radar against back cappers and heal and control area for my team. My assault is built to destroy bases, not players. I had to retool all of my mechs. I got a decent swing of things by my third round when I placed 4th. My fourth match taught me some hard lessons though, I was cruising pretty comfortable in 3rd place via some opportunistic crystal gathering and a few kills. Two dumb deaths almost back to back saw me plummet from 3rd to 8th and then the match ended by 1st place hitting 500 before I could claw my way back up! Rough!

It's cool to see what play styles are emerging too. One player had his mech built totally for speed and was just trying to do laps around the map harvesting crystals and picking up other people's drops without fighting himself. One guy went the cloak route and tried to solely prey on people already fighting. Saw one dude to high explosives with missile launchers and artillery and just tried to wait for everyone to get in a hotspot (geyser) and then just coat the entire area in explosive death and pick up the pieces and crystals. He was slow though, so I hunted him down arts he did that to get my crystals back.

Anyway, really neat mode, way more fun than standard Deathmatch, IMO. If only it wasn't $5 to play for 25 minutes.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Amnesia is really the first piece of horror media to have any significant effect on me.

And it isn't jumping and getting startled so much as a full body clench and after like half an hour of playing I realize my entire body is kind if sore because I've been on edge that entire time.

What I'm saying is that Amnesia does what it sets out to do so well I have trouble playing it.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i have no mouth and I must scream

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Yeah my reaction to horror is never really screaming

It's almost always just sort of looking away, maybe a yelp here and there, and gritting my teeth

Etchwarts on
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    My reaction to horror is always to get my feet as far away from the underside of furniture as possible.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    That's also my reaction to gore, funnily enough

Like, I watched Reservoir Dogs the other night, and
    whenever the cop who had his ear cut off by Mr. Blonde would be shot in such a way that I could see the gross, bloody spot where his ear used to be, I would just sort of look in a the bottom right corner, my eyes as far from looking at it as possible

action gore doesn't have any effect on me. like robocop? no problem. great movie

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    speaking of horror, I read Call of Cthulhu for the first time recently. It's a really nice horror story!

This discussion has been closed.