As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I've been playing a lot of Star Wars: Empire at War lately. Such a good game. So to that end I've compiled a list of mods of I've been ripping through trying to find my favorite. Here are my thoughts on some of them:

I don't really dig on RTS games, but this was a really good post and I want to thank you for making it.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Yes! Killer is Dead is coming to Steam! I'm definitely interested in checking that one outhttp://store.steampowered.com/app/261110/

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I really should play Empire at War one day. I remember really enjoying the demo when it came out, but I didn't buy the game. Then it came out on Steam and a few years later had a good sale. And so it sits in my inventory, awaiting the day my mouse pointer will click on "Play."

• Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Just picked up Trine 1&2 in the daily sale. If anyone is up for some coop fun tomorrow feel free to add me, profile is in the sig. Hell add me anyway, I'm relatively new to using Steam as something other than a Portal 2 launcher (foolish i left it this long i know) and need more cool people in my list.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks to Karoz for being classy on this May the 4th!

loabbu5l3oxr.jpg

But he should know that if he strikes me down, I shall become more powerful than he can possibly imagine. ;)

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Community market restrictions are so stupid.

Why yes, this is the first time I used that credit card to add funds to my steam wallet. Ignore the fact that I've bought games through the store with it before with 0 issue, but block my ability to buy anything in the market for 3 days. Makes perfect sense.

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Yes! Killer is Dead is coming to Steam! I'm definitely interested in checking that one outhttp://store.steampowered.com/app/261110/

I hope this might spur them to bring Lollipop Chainsaw to PC too.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Sorry if this was mentioned, but this is exciting news. At least for me anyway. I'd love to see NOLF on steam. I loved that game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/02/classic-game-distributor-files-for-no-one-lives-forever-tradem/

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Steamgifts is back up now.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    I bought Prototype 2 yesterday because it was down to $40. Today its on sale for $17.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Not Steam but good enough deal to post anyway:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TCSCB/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist

Uplay version of Splinter Cell Blacklist for 5 bucks. Very likely a glitch.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Why yes, this is the first time I used that credit card to add funds to my steam wallet. Ignore the fact that I've bought games through the store with it before with 0 issue, but block my ability to buy anything in the market for 3 days. Makes perfect sense.

Well, yeah, this is a safety measure put in place by Steam to protect you and your account.

For all they know you stole your own credit card from yourself and are going to use it to buy items from the marketplace using your own money which you are then going to use on your own account that you also stole from yourself.

jYpDCRz.jpg

side note: This motherfucker looks like he's playing Yu gi oh.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Not Steam but good enough deal to post anyway:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TCSCB/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist

Uplay version of Splinter Cell Blacklist for 5 bucks. Very likely a glitch.

Call me Kemosabe, cause I'm gonna jump on it.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular

Well, yeah, this is a safety measure put in place by Steam to protect you and your account.

For all they know you stole your own credit card from yourself and are going to use it to buy items from the marketplace using your own money which you are then going to use on your own account that you also stole from yourself.

jYpDCRz.jpg

HiTBiT needs to edit in the hair and "Heart of the (credit)Cards!"

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »

jYpDCRz.jpg

HiTBiT needs to edit in the hair and "Heart of the (credit)Cards!"

Why stop there? Why not.......
    *Roycesraphim died shortly thereafter, his eyes exploding due to the massive amount of Yu Gi OH SD art he browsed. The loss of blood from his eye-sockets led to his brain shutting down in a matter of minutes. The pain was excruciating and lingering his heart made sure to pump as much blood as possible into his brain to prevent death, in fact prolonging his death, and the memory of what he saw.

• Options
    Anyone know if Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy is more active in MP tonight?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular

I'll be your huckleberry. Padawangs4live. Academy, get on it and lets go. May be the last hurrah.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    double post, I was excited

Scratchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Big thanks to @Sumanai and @Koopah for Gun Monkeys and Jedi Knight II! I was living it up on comic book day with the son and was saw Spidey 2 with the entire family, finally sat down to thank you guys for your classiness! Now if they only made a Star Wars Monkey Lightsaber game. >,>

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    @Broncbuster @iolo
    Thanks for the gaming last night. Maybe next time I won't have a cranky baby. I spent an hour getting him back sleep.

Even still it a lot of fun co-oping with you guys and i would love to do again sometime

I'm down whenever I have time, just hollar at me. I'm a whore for Sanctum.
    Not exactly breaking news.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Watch out, @Scratchy is on the loose. He classed me up with a copy of Dragonfall.

I'm looking forward to this. I've been really surprised how much I enjoy Shadowrun Returns, and I hear Dragonfall is even better so yay!

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Drake wrote: »
    Watch out, @Scratchy is on the loose. He classed me up with a copy of Dragonfall.

I'm looking forward to this. I've been really surprised how much I enjoy Shadowrun Returns, and I hear Dragonfall is even better so yay!

Oh man, hold onto your hat and report back...
    You'll know when

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Scratchy wrote: »

I'll be your huckleberry. Padawangs4live. Academy, get on it and lets go. May be the last hurrah.
    Discs found (I know), and reinstalling now.

edit:
    :( it just keeps crashing to desktop

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I was on the loose, Drake calmed me down and directed me to my targets. I can't be blamed for any gifts I send out tonight....

Thank you much @TwentyOneTwleve for Geometry wars! Should have mentioned that I will retaliate though...

Scratchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    The never ending gift pummeling continues with @Sangheili91‌ gifting me Geometry Wars Retro Evolved.

Thanks man, there shall be much pew pewing and high scores to be had!

• Options

edit:

I'd honestly pick it up for you if I knew it was going to be around in the next couple of months. Gamespy hahahha

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    I was on the loose, Drake calmed me down and directed me to my targets. I can't be blamed for any gifts I send out tonight....

Thank you much @TwentyOneTwleve for Geometry wars! Should have mentioned that I will retaliate though...

Scratchy returns fire with Race the Sun! Thanks :)

• Options
    Steam names, PA names, over complicating things by making them different...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Getting better, fanned out and used a recon Aquanaught named Chickenshit to scout for the enemy for the rest of the unit. Been reloading the same mission over and over to get a feel. Unfortunately, Kat Donlan nicked him in a bit of friendly fire.
    Kat Donlan wrote:
    It was worth it.

Strange mutterings have been heard from the factory district since her response.

• Options
    Scratchy wasn't done, sending me Republic Commando and Lara Croft: Guardian of Light. Damn dude. Thanks!

• Options
    Blame @Drake I asked him who I should gift tonight and he directed me. If he tells you otherwise he's lying. Seriously blame drake, and look at that wishlist he has, my god it's almost at 60 now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    huh, republic commando is a hidden treasure apparently? I think I may grab it. been ages since I've bought a steam anything (or posted in here! hello!) but I've been wanting a star wars something since I saw the sale. the dark forces games are appealing but more as a novelty, commando seems like it might be a pretty cool and fresh experience.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options

edit:

I'd honestly pick it up for you if I knew it was going to be around in the next couple of months. Gamespy hahahha

SP runs fine, it's just MP that crashes. Don't think the Steam version would fix it anyway. Back to Battelfront II, I guess.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    huh, republic commando is a hidden treasure apparently? I think I may grab it. been ages since I've bought a steam anything (or posted in here! hello!) but I've been wanting a star wars something since I saw the sale. the dark forces games are appealing but more as a novelty, commando seems like it might be a pretty cool and fresh experience.

Republic Commando is the Star Wars Action Shooter you've never know you've always wanted. Only critique is that its short....but uh.....when you hit the second campaign.....make sure to mash melee button....quickly.

• Options
    Geometry Wars is just as frantic and fun as I remembered it was. It's a shame that it doesn't have online leaderboards.. I totally thought it did! Bad job outta me. So that's lame. But it's $1.99 and it's worth that much for the nostalgia alone.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Well that's curious, TOWNS is oscillating between 99% and 0% faster than I can blink.

edit: @Scratchy‌ is a Gorram Menace
    HNpmMrV.png
    FTEkIEX.png

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    So that "Hail Hydra?" up there from @Scratchy was just his way of saying, "here have Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy on Steam."
    Even though the discs are sitting 6" away from me right now. The JA disc is in my computer right now4zjllxj87jl8.jpg

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Mom stepped in.... @DaringDirk‌

"Scratchy, stahp! Go home, you're drunk! Seriously though, you're gifting too much. It's irresponsible, if you have a tight budget and a family to think about. And I feel the need to occasionally act as the physical (or digital) hand of Karma. All that aside, did you play the KQ games as a kid? I remember people in elementary and junior high sharing secrets about the various games, about the same time people were describing scenes from the Nightmare on Elm Street series. So very much nostalgia.,

Awesome series, with so many memories. Please do find the time to actually play through these, as pixelated as they may be. Love you forever, like you always."

Thank you much for a collection of quests involving kings or folks who will eventually be kings. I spose I'll stop.

Edit: played the heck out of them, love em! I will have to call back home and have my catacomb map sent to me. 7 was hit and miss though. bleh can't wait to play them all and holy crap we need quest for glory like asap.

Scratchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Well that's curious, TOWNS is oscillating between 99% and 0% faster than I can blink.

{snip games!}

I want to know how Akane is. Not caring about the second one.

Also, @Sangheili91‌ decided I needed some (of his) nostalgia:
    y7a5dws4i2nr.jpg

It seems to be a shooter of some kind. I'm sure I'll die horribly, you monster. <3

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

{snip games!}

I want to know how Akane is. Not caring about the second one.

Also, @Sangheili91‌ decided I needed some (of his) nostalgia:
    y7a5dws4i2nr.jpg

It seems to be a shooter of some kind. I'm sure I'll die horribly, you monster. <3

I'll let you know if Steam stabilizes for me.

This discussion has been closed.