As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    So, @akajaybay‌ decided that I haven't had enough terror in my life lately and dropped a copy of Outlast on me. He says I need a camera, and I'll just be doing a little investigative journalism. What's the worst that could happen?

Thanks akajaybay!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Just opened Steam to find that over half of my library was suddenly missing, including stuff that was already installed. Obviously a glitch (restarting the client fixed it), but made my heart skip a beat all the same.

My precious games :'(

steam_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I've been gifted a few cool things lately, trying to even out my karma a bit.
    signature.png
    For the evening crowd.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    @Kalnaur‌ won both Crayon Physics and LIMBO
    @Visskar‌ won Crayon Physics
    @Sorce‌ won Dust: An Elysian Tail
    And Cave Story+ went to @Jazz‌ I think based on the email.

Your codes are all in your inboxes, enjoy!

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!

What makes me thrilled? Crayon Physics works with my Wacom tablet. :smiley:

Thanks for the giveaways!

I finally killed the Eater of Worlds in Terraria. Three times in a row. Without losing more than 50 health each time.

My gear might be better than I thought it was . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Oh shit!

Thanks to @akajaybay‌ giving me Shadowruns I have hit 500 games and become a Master of Acquisitions! 500 is a nice number, I think I'll stick with it for awhile :)

Lindsay Lohan on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    So, @akajaybay‌ decided that I haven't had enough terror in my life lately and dropped a copy of Outlast on me. He says I need a camera, and I'll just be doing a little investigative journalism. What's the worst that could happen?

Thanks akajaybay!

He's just been raining class down like the brimstone lately. The classpocalypse is nigh!

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So last night I made Dark Souls 2 my punching bag. I didn't die once. I helped some random peoples kill a boss a few times. I solo'd the Pursuer and made him my bitch - killed him in less than 15 seconds (yay ballista). Proceeded to the next area and cleared out a great deal of it with no deaths. I usually die a lot, but last night, I was ON.

Tonight... first thing I do 3 minutes after loading the game is roll right off a ledge and die.

Save, exit, play something else. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    So I came across this twitter account full of fake Simulator games and saw this:

And now I want some goddamn breakfast.

SteevL wrote: »
    So I came across this twitter account full of fake Simulator games and saw this:

This is not helping my dieting......

I've been trying to keep a mental list of all the terms for too much gifting: Giftpocalypse, Classpocalypse, Classassin . . . are there any others?

For . . . reasons?

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Classhole?

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    > access main Steam server
    access: PERMISSION DENIED
    > access Steam download grid
    > access main game download grid
    YOU DIDN'T SAY THE MAGIC WORD

45g1kf2.gif

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Ok so changing my download server to Japan worked.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    *snip*

The sad thing is how many of us would buy the shit out of that game if it really existed.
    why can't it really exist? :'(

LostNinja on
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I've been trying to keep a mental list of all the terms for too much gifting: Giftpocalypse, Classpocalypse, Classassin . . . are there any others?

For . . . reasons?

Classtastrophy, Classpiracy, Classnarock, Giftzilla, Giftaclysm, Classapalooza, Neo-Giftia, "Giftanbul was Classtantinople"...

camo_sig2.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »

For . . . reasons?

Classtastrophy, Classpiracy, Classnarock, Giftzilla, Giftaclysm, Classapalooza, Neo-Giftia, "Giftanbul was Classtantinople"...

"Big Classy"

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Iolo wrote: »

For . . . reasons?

"Big Classy"

"Getting Issied"

edited May 2014
    Still noting the "user specific" ones, but it's more helpful to know more . . . broadly applicable ones. ;)

Kalnaur on
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    SuperClassaflagalisticGiftialadotious ... am I doing it right

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Classticulation is a good one, although saying it out loud makes it sound suspicious

steam_sig.png
    When retaliatory strikes are involved, "mutual classturbation" seems appropriate.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    When everyone teams up to gift one person, "giftkaki".

camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2014
    When retaliatory strikes are involved, "mutual classturbation" seems appropriate.

Or, "Mutually Assured Giftstruction"?

Edit: not sure if I could make that . . . visually appropriate for the forum, Dirk. ;)

That doesn't mean it didn't made the list, though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Kalnaur on

Great. I'll never get THAT visual out of my head now...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    Have some games!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Also, I've got two 25% Pixel Piracy coupons and one for 40% off Luftrausers, if anyone wants them.

Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

Great. I'll never get THAT visual out of my head now...

Skittles look a lot like gifts.

• DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Anyway, been away. no time to read. Calc II is hard, programming is easy, but takes lots of time to write code. Work is trying to work me to much even though I told them I'm going to school now. And gaming, been in D3, my steam is ashamed of me. Anyway, just peaked in and saw this. Had to answer.

For . . . reasons?

@kalnaur here are some with pictures. @hit bit for credit. He might have more?
    classzilla
    Classzilla.jpg?psid=1

classthulhu
    Classthulhu.jpg?psid=1

classasin
    Classasin.jpg?psid=1

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    My sister in law is Indian and has inspired great disdain in my heart concerning the lack of video games accurately using Indian culture. The Bollywood dance sims barely scratch the surface, out of hundred of years, cultures, empires, Civilization is the only one to due them justice? Come on! Humorous as Nuclear Power Ghandi is, I can't help but look at this picture and ask why I don't have chakra throwing, dual wielding swordsmen in Mount and Blade? They're holding extra ammo on their hats, THEIR HATS!

May I suggest Crusader Kings II, whose latest expansion pack, Rajas of India, has just added... well, you can probably guess.

LostNinja wrote: »
    *snip*

The sad thing is how many of us would buy the shit out of that game if it really existed.

Cook, Serve, Delicious?

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    When your wife finds out how much you been spending on gifts and cuts you off: classtration.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Is there a way on steamgifts to find out how many giveaways you can create at a time without trying to hit max?

My friend wants to know.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Thanks to @bloodatonement‌ for cheering me up, and code dropped NBA 2k14 on me! Thank you so much!

Post some feedback when you get the chance. I didn't even know that there were NBA games on steam. It prompted me to give a quick look for other major sport PC games like NHL or MLB. Sadly it looks like they don't really releases sports games on PC anymore. Which is a real shame. So if NBA 2k14 is any good I might pick it up.

I was lamenting this same thing recently. 2K was the one releasing PC sports titles and they recently chose not to renew their MLB license to make MLB 2K. This also meant having those old games taken off Steam. Probably would have picked up MLB 2K12 had I known.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Is there a way on steamgifts to find out how many giveaways you can create at a time without trying to hit max?

My friend wants to know.

I know that it tells you when you go to create one how many you can make at a time based on your feedback, but I'm not sure of a way to find out outside of starting to make a giveaway.

LostNinja on
  • msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    If you have any enemies..
    this is on sale.. heh
    9vnIsVM.png?1

msmya on
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014

My friend wants to know.

There's a warning at the top of the page when you are trying to create a new giveaway. http://www.steamgifts.com/create
    Based on your current feedback score, you're able to create up to 17 additional gifts.

edit: beaten, I should refresh more often

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    *snip*

Cook Serve Delicious tries to accurately simulate meal rushes throughout the day. That's pretty close to a Ham and Egg sim.

edit: Srsly, CSD gave me flashbacks to when I worked in a restaurant. Clean the toilet. Make the food. Toss the garbage. AND THEN PEOPLE STARTED ROBBING THE STORE. That's an actual game mechanic. You have to give a witness statement while you are serving food to get a composite sketch of the guy.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited May 2014

My friend wants to know.

I know that it tells you when you go to create one how many you can make at a time based on your feedback, but I'm not sure of a way to find out outside of starting to make a giveaway.

Huh, I'm not seeing it. Nevermind.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    The top-down shooter Crimsonland is getting a remake and coming to Steam & PS4, target date this summer.

http://www.crimsonland.com/

Apparently it was greenlit a while ago, but now there's a trailer and stuff. It looks like the gameplay from the original with more shiny, honestly, but yay Steam. Plus I'm pretty sure that's a DOOM reference on their webpage.

edited May 2014
    Well, I had to test something because I wasn't seeing it.

signature.png

my plan was totally thwarted by only being able to start 6 at once.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Yep, that's about as DOOMy as you can get without actually being DOOM.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2014
    When your wife finds out how much you been spending on gifts and cuts you off: classtration.

When you're single, and don't have to worry about some woman trying to tell you what you can or can't do with your own money: claissez faire

I'm so alone :(

SmokeStacks on
This discussion has been closed.