As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Ultimate Marvel] thread

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wolverine mini informs on some of the pre-cataclysm x-men stuff at least. the Iron Man mini doesn't involve shit about shit.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Decided not to wait for the trade and just ordered the last pre-Cataclysm UCSM hardcover volume on Amazon. Still need to read that and the Hawkeye mini I just got at a convention so I can get caught up fully on the post-DoSM Ultimate era. Well, besides the Iron Man and Wolverine minis of course.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    The Iron Man mini, if I'm remembering correctly (which I might not be since it was so forgettable), was just a predictable plot about young Tony and a girlfriend that didn't affect anything

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    I am not feeling the artists on Ultimate FF and New Ultimates.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I don't like FF but I love Ultimates' art

CYpGAPn.png
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Feel like I'd like FF more if the costumes were better

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Really looking forward to picking up USM #200

USM was the comic that got me back into reading comics after having dropped from year. Peter dying was debastating, so I'm looking forward to some chance to sort of see him again.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    USM#200

Very minor spoiler, but still
    MY GOD TELL ME WHAT GANKE MADE GWEN YOU DIRTY BASTARD COMIC

Edit: Kyougu, have something protecting your issue from tears.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    USM#200

Very minor spoiler, but still
    MY GOD TELL ME WHAT GANKE MADE GWEN YOU DIRTY BASTARD COMIC

Edit: Kyougu, have something protecting your issue from tears.

I want to know too! Also, I was really hoping for a scene with Aunt May meeting/conversing with Jessica.

Man Jessica's Black Widow costume is baaad.

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Disagree!

Her previous costume was better, but this one is perfectly fine

CYpGAPn.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Friend gifted me a month of Marvel Unlimited. Going through Ultimate since regular 616 has far too much for me to start from the beginning. Using http://cmro.travis-starnes.com/ as a reading order for Ultimate. So far it looks good, but Unlimited seems to be missing Ultimate Spider-Man 10 and the first Ultimate Spidey Super Special. But I have skipped over and haven't had much problem. Very much enjoy coming in and getting to read from the beginning. I tried to read civil war and stuff but it just assumes you know who all these bit characters are that have come up in the past and I never got very far.

Any tips for reading order or anything, or am I doing it right? I'm on #59 of that list so far. edit: Although I can't find 59 either, Ultimate X-Men #.5

SniperGuy on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Brace yourself for Ultimatum.

man this wordless preview for MM:USM 1 http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=21137
    whattttttt

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    so who's beardy

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Gotta be Osborn.

H9f4bVe.png
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    yay, more ultimate Kate Bishop

I wonder if that last page is a future thing and that is future ganke

Ultimate FF was everything I wanted and more :D

I liked Ultimates and Ultimate FF, but the art teams was totally striking out for me.

• DaleleeDalelee Registered User new member
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I don't like FF but I love Ultimates' art
    I agree that Ultimates art is great. What don't you like about FF?

July Solications
    All New Ultimates 5
    Spider-Man 3
    Ultimate FF 4 + 5

Spider-Man's solicit spoilers who the villain is

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    July Solications
    All New Ultimates 5
    Spider-Man 3
    Ultimate FF 4 + 5

Spider-Man's solicit spoilers who the villain is

It also asks an eyebrow raising question.

PSN|AspectVoid
    edited April 2014
    Ah yess, Ultimate FF is getting Andre Araujo!

his scetches for the characters <3
    Bl77JppCMAApF7t.jpg:large

UltimateInferno on

Much better.

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Falcon has actual wings now? And I'm guessing the one on the right is Reed, right?

Also, regarding the Spider-man solicitations, I would have no problem if the answer to the question is 'no, no he didn't'.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Guy on the right is Ultimate Machine Man (Danny Ketch's mind inhabiting Gah-Lak-Tus technology)

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Falcon has actual wings now? And I'm guessing the one on the right is Reed, right?

Also, regarding the Spider-man solicitations, I would have no problem if the answer to the question is 'no, no he didn't'.

Turns out
    it was Electro that actually caused the fatal injury. Suck it, Osborn!

H9f4bVe.png

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    EDIT: Wrong thread. >_<

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    No spoilers till tomorrow, but daaaaaamn that last page of MM:USM 1.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    No spoilers till tomorrow, but daaaaaamn that last page of MM:USM 1.
    My gut tells me evil.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    My bets
    Ultimate Scorpion(the normal looking Peter clone who was batshit) and the disfigured Peter Clone.

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I'm guessing a
    A Peter look alike shows up?

noir_blood on
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    So my money is on
    The long overdue reappearance of Scorpion but just to play devils advocate the potential for the actual Peter Parker to return was seeded in DoSM. In it the very first thing that happens is Osborn is resurrected from being dead for reasons nobody knows but presumably has something to do with the goblin formula which isn't much different from the stuff coursing through Peter.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
    edited May 2014
    So my money is on
    The long overdue reappearance of Scorpion but just to play devils advocate the potential for the actual Peter Parker to return was ceded in DoSM. In it the very first thing that happens is Osborn is resurrected from being dead for reasons nobody knows but presumably has something to do with the goblin formula which is much different from the stuff coursing through Peter.
    Yeah probably clone and or the chameleon twins even. Ideally it will end up with a scenerio somewhat like Return of Barry Allen, where Miles gets past any left over worry about Peter Parker's memory at the end.

UltimateInferno on

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    So my money is on
    The long overdue reappearance of Scorpion but just to play devils advocate the potential for the actual Peter Parker to return was ceded in DoSM. In it the very first thing that happens is Osborn is resurrected from being dead for reasons nobody knows but presumably has something to do with the goblin formula which is much different from the stuff coursing through Peter.
    Yeah probably clone and or the chameleon twins even. Ideally it will end up with a scenerio somewhat like Return of Barry Allen, where Miles gets past any left over worry about Peter Parker's memory at the end.

I hope it reference's Spider-Men where
    among the advice 616 Peter gave Miles was to stay away from anything with clones. I think it'd be funny for Miles to go "Not clones!" and then spend an issue avoiding new Peter.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
    edited May 2014
    You know,
    that sure is a blue hoodie over a red shirt, isn't it?

UnbrokenEva on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    So my money is on

I hope it reference's Spider-Men where
    among the advice 616 Peter gave Miles was to stay away from anything with clones. I think it'd be funny for Miles to go "Not clones!" and then spend an issue avoiding new Peter.
    He's on a team with one of Peter's clones already.