As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] "We Have the Best Shit" Open Beta now Live!

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Yeah, you can get benefits from high KE. But the thing is, I've read a lot of people say Whirlwind and Tremor are both crappy at least for PvE (Tremor less so, apparently), so the only spender is Power Strikes. So basically you keep kinetic energy above 750 for max Power Strikes, which doesn't seem difficult considering you can't actually spend it anyway. The decay is significant though, but it seems you can't really burn energy for a burst.

I found a new hat for my spellslinger. It keeps talking to me.
    7Zvpjqt.png

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Octodad helm.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Yep, I think I really dig Medic.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    @UncleSporky‌ what server & faction you playing on for beta?

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Maguano wrote: »
    @UncleSporky‌ what server & faction you playing on for beta?

I am playing on Mikros as Exile. I've got a level 23 medic named Gantz, and I just started a guild with him for PA peeps who want to play in a beta Exile guild!

Sorry that the server is kind of random, I didn't see the server selection option when I first created the character. But anyone is invited to join me there if you'd like. When the game leaves beta we'll most likely be on the same server as the Dominion PA guild.

The trouble is I am leveling a new character named Flintwick, and I'm having a hard time inviting him to the guild so I can make him an officer. Another officer might be able to help me with that, unless there's just a level requirement for joining a guild I don't know about.

Make an Exile on Mikros and message Gantz or Flintwick and I'll add you!

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Do we have an Exile guild for the beta?
    I'm running around Nexus, and it's lonely.

edit: this is what happens when you don't refresh the page before posting

SutibunRi on
  • Options
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Do we have an Exile guild for the beta?
    I'm running around Nexus, and it's lonely.

We do, see above. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Ok, you exile monkeys, im gonna log in my warrior lets get a temp guild set up and run some stuff, We could run the steady traveller mission for those around 11 or so and try to get everyone to 15 so we can run the exile adventure tonight.

Edit::This is what I get for not reading all pages before I post. So, I guess ill restart an exile chr on mirkos.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I started an esper on Nexus dominion side. I'm really liking the class, but I'm almost certainly still going exile medic at launch.

Edit: I have a 15 exile medic on alizar. Does the game support cross-realm for instances?

Qanamil on
  • Options
    Im on Mirkos as Kegcrusher Granok warrior soldier

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So I'm probably going to join the PvE Exile guild, considering everywhere I look is full of people who want nothing to do with PvP. This is sad.

Gonna roll Granock Warrior Explorer most likely. And then be a raidy tanky man.

edit: Actually doing more reading, maybe Settler. Seems more useful overall, especially on a PvE server. (boooo)

You dirty sell out.
    </3

Hey show me 20+ people that want to do a PvP server and I will start that up. But I also want to raid!

• Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    So, in the few days since closed beta they must have made a few serious optimization strides. My game went from choppy, motion sickness inducing nightmare (that I could not stop playing) to smooth as butter.

Seriously. It runs like a dream now.

Consider me impressed.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Engineer got gutted and overhauled. Currently "best" tank in the game and respectable aoe sustain dps. They have a new passive mechanic called referred to as being "in the zone" where if you maintain a volatility level between X and Y you gain bonus effects on your attacks. The rest have also seen similar overhauls. Medic more like they're doing damage to things and not waving green flashlights around, etc.

There was also a general overhaul to how AMPs work in general. Much much better

I know this is from several pages back, but the medic changes can't be overstated. Even though the changes were "merely" cosmetic, it now feels like a completely different class than it did a few months ago, in a good way.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Engineer got gutted and overhauled. Currently "best" tank in the game and respectable aoe sustain dps. They have a new passive mechanic called referred to as being "in the zone" where if you maintain a volatility level between X and Y you gain bonus effects on your attacks. The rest have also seen similar overhauls. Medic more like they're doing damage to things and not waving green flashlights around, etc.

There was also a general overhaul to how AMPs work in general. Much much better

I know this is from several pages back, but the medic changes can't be overstated. Even though the changes were "merely" cosmetic, it now feels like a completely different class than it did a few months ago, in a good way.

As I am presently discovering, having rolled a Medic to see them myself. It's almost night and day in places.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I think if you make 5 man rewards the same as 25 or 40 man rewards, you diminish the value of the drops as well as reduce the reason for having the larger size raids in the first place.

I think the issue is that if the added difficulty to justify the superior rewards of increasingly larger raids is just "cat-herding is difficult" then I question how fun your raid actually is.

Because cat-herding isn't fun.

Maybe Carbine has discovered the secret formula to making it fun, but I am very skeptical.

Yes, there's a small number of people who do find cat-herding fun, but when you talk to people who raided 40 man stuff it's very telling the number of people who slogged through it but didn't find it fun.

-edit-

Also, if you think 5-man stuff can't be really freaking hard, go play Tera and try to beat Manaya's Core. When you've mastered it, congrats: Manaya's Core hard-mode awaits you, with Shandra Manaya's x2 attack speed and now every attack is a one-shot (completely impossible to out-gear).

It can be done. Whether it should be done or not is a separate issue. The number of people who are willing to pay 20k gold to be run through MCHM vice learning it suggests that there is such a thing as "too hard".

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Someone on the Dom guild invite Threepointonefour when you get the chance

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm thinking adventures around 10 EST like usual?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Fonjo wrote: »
    So, in the few days since closed beta they must have made a few serious optimization strides. My game went from choppy, motion sickness inducing nightmare (that I could not stop playing) to smooth as butter.

Seriously. It runs like a dream now.

Consider me impressed.

A lot of time when transitioning from Closed Beta/Alpha to Open or retail they remove a lot of debugging/data collection/development tools and processes that were running in addition to implementing optimizations.

This is why it's difficult to judge exactly how the game will run until it really nears it's finished state.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Someone on the Dom guild invite Threepointonefour when you get the chance

I could use a Dom guild invite as well. 'Qanamil'.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I'm thinking adventures around 10 EST like usual?

My warrior is 12, I hope I can hit 14 before that.

• Options
    ill log in around then, and lend my guns :smiley:

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Anyone able to invite Colbalta?

• Options
    We need two more for adventures!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Hmm. Launcher updates failing, I'm assuming this is due to busy server tonite ?

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    Does anyone know how long it takes to go from level 1 to 50? I've heard it doesn't take very long which isn't necessarily bad. I do like questing but my god I don't want to spend 200+ hours to hit max level.

• Options
    shouldn't be 200+ hours, I just hit level 9 after 3 hours and i know for a fact once you hit 15 and can start doing adventures you can hit 20 in a little under 2 hours just from doing adventures.
    +

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    You also level fast enough that you don't complete maybe half of the quests in a zone before you should probably head to the next area so as to maximize xp. Which is both a good thing (good levelling), or a bad thing if you're like me and like to finish every single thing in an area before moving on.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Ahhhh so many hoops to log in so frustratingggg

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Just a reminder that their account and purchase systems are super slow tonight and it can take up to an hour for beta accounts to activate and for transactions to process

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    So I have some bad news about the Exile guild name that was voted #1, Don't Mess With Nexus.

When I was making a beta guild earlier I tried out some of the names just to make sure they would work...and I discovered something I had heard about earlier but had forgotten.

You can't use apostrophes in guild names for whatever reason, so it would need to be called Dont Mess With Nexus.

This might not bug a lot of people but it would be just excruciating for me, I really don't want tacky errors like that in a guild name, even if they're due to the game's name requirements.

What do you guys think, is that a dealbreaker?

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Not a deal breaker but if it bothers folks too much could always go with the alternate "Nexus Rangers" (Don't Mess with Nexus is really really good though)

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    dont bother me, im half illiterate anyways :wink:

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'd find it annoying.
    Would we go with the #2 choice of Red Dead Rowsdower?
    Or new vote from the remnants of the list?

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Dont Mess With Nexus is a perfectly cromulent variant.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    I'd find it annoying.
    Would we go with the #2 choice of Red Dead Rowsdower?
    Or new vote from the remnants of the list?

I'd be fine going with the #2 choice, but the first thing I'm going to do is ask the devs to allow apostrophes if possible, unless they've already been asked.

• Options
    Exiles are barely literate anyways. It's in-character!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    That's really upsetting. I think a missing apostrophe would make me twitch every time I saw it. (or didn't see it.)

• Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    anyone able to invite (noizlanif) right now? Dom side of course

Noizlanif on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Alright screw it, I'm gonna Beta this thing.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Ugh, wanted to play some adventures tonight but shit happened and I'm absolutely depressed. Managed to at least log in for the night.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
This discussion has been closed.