As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wildstar: Content Patch #2 is coming! SABOTAGE

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    For those worried the game is going to be a vanilla WoW kind of RAIDRAIDRAID endgame, the devs are on twitch and have stated that the first content update for June/July will be a solo-focused patch that adds an entirely new zone with the intent of progressing the storyline.

YL9WnCY.png
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Kochi, Dave, which server are you folks playing on?

Aw, I can't throw myself off the starting platform

I was somehow hoping there would be some anti-gravity device to catch my fall

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    ok playing a bit, I probably shouldn't have made an esper first but it seemed neat

shoulda stuck to something more straight forward like a tank though

The jumping in this game is a lot of fun

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I haven't started yet! Possibly gonna roll something tomorrow.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ugh I have no idea what time zone NC soft is in, but my ticket has been being worked on since 9AM....booo

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    This game seems alright.

14149359685_92a7a3b846_o.png

steam_sig.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    is there a server we're on?

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    is there a server we're on?

And side

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Dominion on the Nexus server.

There's a mixed GT/SE++ Dominion guild on Nexus NA
    Beezel wrote: »
    message montague or leave a message here http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/188569/wildstar-get-your-open-beta-key-name-reg-may-13/p81 with your character name. someone will hook you up

Rorus also said there was an Exile guild on Pergo

Huzzah for the Dominion!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm already level 7 on another server!

BARF!

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    My game crashed when I tried to fly down to Nexus.

I feel like I am being told something.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Ncsoft

Uriel wrote: »
    I'm already level 7 on another server!

BARF!

All of the open beta progress is getting wiped, anyway.

Well, I tried, but my MMO block has not lifted

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Playing the Exile intro story makes me not like the Dominion too much ..

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    A wolf killed me.

I'm having trouble figuring out spellslinger

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hi, my name is chincy, I hate MMOs and I put 8 hours into this yesterday

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I played the last beta weekend and got to level 11

I tried to start up a Mechari Engineer on Nexus but since it is just the same exact stuff I ran through two weeks ago I think I'm just gonna wait until release next month

CYpGAPn.png
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah I think I like the Exiles the most so far, probably going to do that the most.

I'm gonna roll a dom for the G&T guild though.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Is there no hearthstone type item?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Is there no hearthstone type item?
    There was some kind of a SYNC YOUR TELEPORTER HERE system but I never found the teleporter button

CYpGAPn.png
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    there is. its the transmat locators. they look like purple alters on the minimap.
    in the world they look like elegant stargate arches.
    on your hotbar at the bottom it should be on the far right. looks like a globe with a gps cross on it.
    your housing teleporter is in the same button, but you gotta click the tiny arrow beside it to expand the button, and it looks like a house schematic
    if you are a scientist, you get a path ability to port to the capital at level 10 (usually attained at the end of the first region if you complete all the scientist missions)

wildstarhearth_zps828b12bb.jpg

sorry about the text, but that should help you guys with some fast travel.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    So I guess they opened EU servers after all, it seems chars on NA Nexus server were copied to the EU server Ascendancy. Anyone know if there's some sort of guild on there?

edited May 2014
    I don't know about any EU guild, but I guess we could make one, Flarne? If there's any interest from other EU Folks!

Platy on
    We probably could! And it would be amazing. I have no idea how to do that though, I'm busy being a hairy jumping pink thing. I'm Flarne in-game as well if you want to get in touch.

Are you a squirrel person too?

Uriel wrote: »
    A wolf killed me.

I'm having trouble figuring out spellslinger

So far it seems that it's mostly shooting and then your class ability empowers your shooting at the expense of the sigils above your action bar.

Also, should we start a character list?

Are you a squirrel person too?

Ore are you one of those hamster persons

I'm honestly not sure which one I am. It could be both. Chua. Dominion hairy little thing.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I finally got my issue solved and am installing now. I will most likely have a dominion guy to play with that guild, but I'm wondering if there are enough people who want to go exile PVP I might start a guild for that on another PVP server. I just like Exile so much more

I tried both and then went with Exile, but I'm gonna switch if you and maybe others wanna play Dominion, Flarne.

I picked Dominion cause I thought that's what everyone was playing, haven't actually checked out the Exiles at all. So I have no idea! Just going to play around and see if I might want to keep going.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I want to play but this game runs like poo on my current machine, and the art deserves to be seen in a crispy manner. I don't know what the deal is because everything I play usually runs really well.

I'll wait until the game goes retail and see about poking at it some more.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    there's a G&T thread for wildstar that is pretty active.
    if you are looking for others, the majority are on Nexus server as Dominion (you can double check servers in character creation I believe)
    Don't worry about launch servers yet. we'll let you know when the devs release that info (late May)

OUR GRAND LAUNCH PLAN SPREADSHEET

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    There are three hearthstone-esque abilities.

First, is the typical bind point. You got to a portal in major towns and bind to it. This has a 20 or so minute cooldown? I rarely use it.

Second is your house. You port to your house, and exiting the area plops you right back to wherever you were before. Ten minute cooldown, and very useful for finding a safe spot to log.

Third is your capital. You get this by doing a touring quest in your faction capital and, as you might expect, this ports you to that capital city. This has a 24 hour cooldown.

Also, scientists can make a portal to their city capital and explorers have a skill that let them bind nearly any spot in the open world and teleport to it on like an hour or so cooldown.

YL9WnCY.png
    edited May 2014
    If you are having framerate issues, try this:

Delete everything in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar (search for %AppData% or fiddle with hidden folders if you can't find it in explorer). Apparently some older UI stuff and config settings were really trashing framerates. You WILL lose all of your current UI settings (and addons), but for most people it's worth the pain of reinstalling addons and setting up your UI again.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png