As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar] "We Have the Best Shit" Open Beta now Live!

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Is the crafting fix going to normalize the location using additives places your marker? because boy is it annoying when the exact same combo places the marker an inch to the left of the goal.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Doing some levelling on Exiles side as I want to catch up with a friend of mine who rolled Exile so we can experiment with Dungeons and...I actually like the Exile starting zones and quests much more than Dominion, huh. Like, there's an actual storyline that I'm following, whereas I never really understood what the hell I was doing Dominion Side, aside from the fact that Mondo Zax would try and kill me now and again.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Weaponsmithing is broken, but it's mostly functional barring a few tech tree hiccups.

YL9WnCY.png
    FpDXr2G.png

Just a reminder.

YL9WnCY.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Well, I just completed the first desert zone on the Dominion side with an Esper. Blade dance is pretty fun, yo.

*edit* Aw, I need to be a scientist to open this door? Then what's the point of being an explorer?

Houn on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    you explored the door! now fetch a nerd to open it for you.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    fix for crafting is on track for Monday

Ugh. So the first weekend of open beta is going to feature broken armor crafting professions. That's not going to look good. I'm just glad the weaponsmiths and technologists are working fine.

Open beta is still beta.

Aww yeah, I'm cooking up some Cubacon and Eggs.

• AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »

Ugh. So the first weekend of open beta is going to feature broken armor crafting professions. That's not going to look good. I'm just glad the weaponsmiths and technologists are working fine.

Open beta is still beta.

Let's be realistic here really...if the open beta lasted until release on the very last day of it would you still be saying that?

So many people would these days.

When they patch, sometimes things break in unexpected ways. Not for nothing but they have an extremely fast turnaround on issue resolution for what it's worth. The crafting thing is a new bug. And more than likely it'll be fixed by monday. It's partially fixed now but they require extra changes to be made that they couldn't hammer out before friday ended.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular

Pretty sure that's why it's called a beta? Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away, betas were considered testing periods where things weren't expected to work.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    a tad curious if this is just me: I've been trying out warriors of different races to see which ones I prefer

have noticed the Mechari, Granok and Draken have a cool "on guard" pose (that is sword in-front of them, not sure if I'm sure if "on guard" is the right term)

whereas Mordesh and I think Humans/Cassians have it where they are holding to their side (side of their gut) - which doesn't look nearly as cool and kinda turns me off to playing a warrior of that race.

Like the Draken have this need savage way of carrying themselves while inbetween making a movies, Granok just look hardcore/solid and Mechari look samurai-esque.

• NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Ah man, if mechari held the swords over the head all the time like a samurai, I'd give all my dicks for that.

edited May 2014
    We need two more for dungeons!

A tank would be super.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Still need one for fundgeons!

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    What server is Exile PvE happening on atm?

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to watch us die (and by us I mean me) a lot in fungeons, I'm streaming. Or attempting to. Not sure how it's coming out.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    What server is Exile PvE happening on atm?

UncleSporky's got one set up
    Maguano wrote: »
    @UncleSporky‌ what server & faction you playing on for beta?

I am playing on Mikros as Exile. I've got a level 23 medic named Gantz, and I just started a guild with him for PA peeps who want to play in a beta Exile guild!

Sorry that the server is kind of random, I didn't see the server selection option when I first created the character. But anyone is invited to join me there if you'd like. When the game leaves beta we'll most likely be on the same server as the Dominion PA guild.

The trouble is I am leveling a new character named Flintwick, and I'm having a hard time inviting him to the guild so I can make him an officer. Another officer might be able to help me with that, unless there's just a level requirement for joining a guild I don't know about.

Make an Exile on Mikros and message Gantz or Flintwick and I'll add you!

and I think a couple of us have made out own sad little one man guilds on Nexus.

edited May 2014
    You guys sure are sticking to that "exile" way, making your own one man guilds, trailblazing for yourselves. I'm sure Mondo wouldn't be too mad if you converted!

Noizlanif on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Noizlanif wrote: »
    You guys sure sticking that "exile" way, making your own one man guilds, trailblazing for yourselves. I'm sure Mondo wouldn't be too mad if you converted!

After all, test subject is also a solitary lifestyle. And then you die.

I don't really have a preference for side - I like humans (who doesn't) and Aurin and Draken. So, I'm set.

Granok I might try, Mordesh are freaks. Chua are amusing but not something I'd play, and I might do a Mechari at some point.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    If anyone wants to watch us die (and by us I mean me) a lot in fungeons, I'm streaming. Or attempting to. Not sure how it's coming out.

Man, that fight looks brutal.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Welp, I fucked up last night making my character, so I now have to make a new one on Nexus. I just wish there was a race I wanted to ESPer on. Also, I guess I should replay, just because I missed most of the lore.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    remember kids, the devs *love* to fuck with MMO expectations.

too bad, Heph didn't get to see the penultimate OH SHIT moment of kel'voreth.
    Something for Live I guess. also, I finally figured out how clense works, so those darkwitches aint too much trouble now... finally...

fuck the new stun mechanic, let me mash the button, because I do not not if holding it down is working when hit by the mega stuns of the darkwitches.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    Attempting to do a Siege of Tempest Refuge and streaming it, if anyone wants to see it.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I rolled a dominion lady cause that's where everyone is, but I really don't get the appeal of having/playing a faction of comic book villains.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    those on the outside might view us as evil, but when you run a galactic empire, you have to step on a few toes and burn a few planets for that parking lot you need for the space mall...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    And hey, at least the Dominion doesn't use mind control.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Stalker is at least trivially more entertaining to play than Esper because you're actually allowed to move with your 1 skill.

I will never stop complaining about that Esper first impression.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    I played Spellslinger to 17. I've played Warrior for 4 minutes and I don't think I'm going back.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

The mule is probably the biggest reason I want to roll Aurin.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited May 2014
    Kupi wrote: »
    Stalker is at least trivially more entertaining to play than Esper because you're actually allowed to move with your 1 skill.

I will never stop complaining about that Esper first impression.

I would totally be okay with it if they swapped the levels you get TK Strike and Psychic Frenzy.

Although why you would ever use TK Strike afterwards when you get it, one doesn't know.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, got the renown hoverboard and the front/rear Rosie frill bits. Havn't gotten the side yet, need to group more.

kPaH0qk.jpg

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Rolled a mechari engineer on Nexus, also named "Darmak." If I could get a clan invite, that'd be swell thanks!

Also, this game is surprisingly good. When I first saw it I thought, "Eh, another WoW clone" but gave it the benefit of the doubt and wow. I really like the setting, the art, the music (just got off the starter island and this town's music with the chanting is rad as fuck), everything. I like that I'm an explorer and I do one thing, but the other paths look really cool too. So do the other classes, but I love using guns and robots and shit.

JtgVX0H.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Finally got everything installed and running...and now I'm getting weird connection errors

C'mon, you really think those Exile rednecks with their beer pong came up with actual mind control?

..I want mind control guns!

If you haven't tried playing with a controller, I'd recommend it. It's not perfect, but once set up right, it's pretty fun! I hope official controller support makes it in so I don't have to muck with add-ons and joy2key, though.

That could work pretty well.

Left/Right Trigger for resource builder/spender
    Left Right Bumper for major cooldowns
    Face buttons for other skills
    D-Pad for consumables/gadget.

Only sticky wicket is Sprint, which is a simple enough workaround I'm sure.

YL9WnCY.png
    The preset I got from here puts sprint on LB on your standard 360 controller, and that works well.

I wonder if thryve bern asked about console ports or at least controller support

I saw some Dominion folk driving around..
    Damn you all and your much cooler mounts!

@PMAvers Watched your VOD of your dungeon run. real shame the boss AI bugged out but that's a gamewide bug. Sometimes they catch the stupids and just stand there. Hopefully it'll be in monday's fix

This discussion has been closed.