As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar] "We Have the Best Shit" Open Beta now Live!

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I added a tab to the spreadsheet for holomarks.

The spreadsheet: it does EVERYTHING!
    This sounds depressingly like how some large companies manage their data.

• BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Arthil wrote: »
    That fix also wouldn't do anything for him, as this is a fresh install.

Well its been about 3-4 years since I had a CPU upgrade. Wife keeps bugging me about her computer, which means I'll just put my current mobo/CPU in there.

Intel pretty solid right now for CPU?

I'm currently running a phenom II x6 3.3ghz.
    All those cores I assume are not being used by the game?

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    @badwrong yeah Intel would be a safe and solid bet. Check out the more recent i5s, that will probably set you straight.

My 780ti runs the game at max settings on 30in monitor at a pretty steady framerate. And that's with an i7 that is about 2 years old.

Aretè wrote: »
    @badwrong yeah Intel would be a safe and solid bet. Check out the more recent i5s, that will probably set you straight.

My 780ti runs the game at max settings on 30in monitor at a pretty steady framerate. And that's with an i7 that is about 2 years old.

Thanks.

Is it also true that I actually should get an i5 and not an i7? Some places like toms hardware is saying the hyper threading in i7 might actually decrease performance a bit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Could I get an invite to the Dom guild on Nexus?

The name is Musta.

steam_sig.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Says you don't exist bub :O you sure you're on Nexus?

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Yeah, just went and checked now.

steam_sig.png
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    For our Exile guild, here are some holomarks. I don't think you can really have such a guild name without the sheriff badge symbol.

1 4r9lVGI.png2 c8xSkXu.png3 WLo7KtA.png

4 ktKzrF8.png5 hs7Shpa.png6 6TKzvyn.png

7 DfxzZei.png (you know you like it)

Haha I was just going to do this today.

I didn't realize the sheriff star was an option, I had looked through them in-game but only found that basic blue star. A lot of these are awesome.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    Arthil wrote: »
    Running a i5 4570 3.2GHz, 8GB of DDR3 and a GTX 760. Game is like butter with all the bells and whistles on, goes between 45-60 FPS out in the world. Lowers to 30 or so when in a city.

Well I went ahead and ordered a new cpu/mobo...
    XATqYMZ.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Wish i could casually upgrade like that -_-

Just keep in mind, while eventually it will run like woah, it might not yet or even at release.

But I mean, I know you were there for GW2, so you should be used to this? Its ending up a lot like that (runs kinda bad, on and off improvements untill launch, better but not perfect but constantly improving as time goes on).

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    At least the Devs have a clear idea of what is causing the issue (heavy lifting done by the CPU instead of GPU). So it is only a matter of time before things clear up.

Not that the game runs like balls or anything (at least on my rig). At the moment it runs fine for me on Ultra, but the thought that it can (and should) run better is always in the back of my mind, if that makes any sense :P.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    It runs ok on most machines. It's just not properly utilizing higher end hardware. I'm sure it's probably been said before, but they optimized the game from the bottom up to get it running decently on lower end machines first and foremost. Which isn't unheard of, or particularly inept on their part.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Any idea where we go to reserve our names?

Name reg starts tomorrow. At what time is a mystery though but we'll probably be hearing more on that sometime today

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Will the reservations happen through the client or website? I am hoping for the later due to work...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    ditto

• Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    Any idea when they're posting that fix for crafting and such Beezel?

the only ETA they have listed is "Monday" which could be at any point today

edited May 2014
    Good times leveling and trying things out yesterday with @Gizzy and @Zombie Hero on Exile side. Spellslung a bit first to try that out, and then tried the mentor system with my 26 medic in the forest starting area when Gizzy got on. 3 people is probably too many for questing but it was still fun.

I have esper and spellslinger at 7, stalker and engineer at 14, and medic at 26. Warrior is the only one I haven't tried yet.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh man.

I sepnt my little bit of time on the game this weekend just fiddling with controls/camera lcok mods to get everythign figured up before launch.

And let me say... once you get things set up comfortably.... sooooo good.

Using Combat Mode for the camera mod that also allows LMB and RMB to be used for attacks... Oh man that makes combat so fun.

I'm not using a crosshair because the screen is already a little busy in this game and you dont really need one with the telegraphs.

edited May 2014
    I've got NavMate going which shows path collectibles (which makes the map a hell of dots for Settler) and books/lore cubes.

I have no idea why that isn't in the base game. Some of the books I've found have just been lying in the middle of a field. And good luck getting those cubes as a Scientist without it. Don't understand why the Explorer gets all their locations marked with an arrow pointing to them and Scientist actually has to explore.

UncleSporky on
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    For our Exile guild, here are some holomarks. I don't think you can really have such a guild name without the sheriff badge symbol.

I would say #4, #6, and #2 are the most viable, just from a color point of view. Needs a bit of contrast to make it pop

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Good times leveling and trying things out yesterday with @Gizzy and @Zombie Hero on Exile side. Spellslung a bit first to try that out, and then tried the mentor system with my 26 medic in the forest starting area when Gizzy got on. 3 people is probably too many for questing but it was still fun.

I have esper and spellslinger at 7, stalker and engineer at 14, and medic at 26. Warrior is the only one I haven't tried yet.

Yeah, this was a lot of fun. I did get a little lazy with my attacks knowing that we would steamroll all enemies.

I'm looking forward to giving the adventures a shot later in the week, hopefully.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Don't understand why the Explorer gets all their locations marked with an arrow pointing to them and Scientist actually has to explore.

Alternatively, why are all these locations I want to explore that I can't get to without an Explorer?

:)

I would say #4, #6, and #2 are the most viable, just from a color point of view. Needs a bit of contrast to make it pop

I agree, #3 would be great if it wasn't gold. #4 is my favorite.

#2 is ok but blue is a Union color.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I like exile badges 2 & 4. I think the blue on 2 pops a little better.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    What does #3 look like with the blue star?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    I think #2 works pretty well for a Texas/Frontier/Firefly feeling badge.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    It will be cool when we have all the exile folks on the same place. I came on when there was still no plans for an exile guild so I just made characters on Nexus cause that was the only server mentioned at the time.

However, in my quest to try some different things during the Beta. I almost have my dominion spellslinger up to 15 to try both spellslinger grouping feels and check out the dominion first adventure. Playing a dom character this long has solidified my dislike of most of their races. But even though I don't like my Draken slinger, I have to say that the Draken/Chua starting area is vastly superior to the cassian/mechari area. The quests flow better and have a much more interesting storyline / characters. I have actually been enjoying leveling there even though this is my 4th character to get to adventure level.

Also, was anyone else disappointed in the level 15 mount speeds? I'm sure its just that the animations don't feel that much faster, but I really felt like the settler speed boost that last so damn long make spending the 10 GP to buy a mount a 15 kind of useless. I'm leaning more and more toward waiting for the renown hoverboard at 25 or getting a non board mount when 10 GP simply isn't as big as hit as it its at 15.

Lastly, I cannot agree more with whoever on this post said that challenges were a great way to get money prior to 15 if you are dead set on a mount. Some of the decor rewards sell for 1+ GP and it adds up fast if you luck out enough with the challenge roulette to get them.

• RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I just bought my pre order. Question: is the PA guild being based on a west coast server?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    I'm throwing my hat in for Exile #2 holomark

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

Are we voting on this? I really like 1 and 4.

edited May 2014
    Kai_San wrote: »

Just keep in mind, while eventually it will run like woah, it might not yet or even at release.

But I mean, I know you were there for GW2, so you should be used to this? Its ending up a lot like that (runs kinda bad, on and off improvements untill launch, better but not perfect but constantly improving as time goes on).

Well I've kinda been waiting to upgrade my CPU for a bit now. This isn't the first game that I've scratched my head over it running below average on the 780 GPU.

And ya I get that it will probably be mainly on the GPU at some point, but this is a reoccuring thing with various games.

Badwrong on

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Don't understand why the Explorer gets all their locations marked with an arrow pointing to them and Scientist actually has to explore.
    To make them different. You like digging around, be a Scientist, you like chasing dots, be an Explorer. Personally I enjoyed having to look into nooks and crannies to find stuff.
    I'll pass on the almost-inevitable "but Explorers have explore in the name!" discussion, we've had that a million times before.

Scientist has more direct interaction with NPCs, Creatures and world objects than an explorer. Mostly flavor text but they usually scanning a thing causes it to behave differently than it normally would.

There is a bit of overlap in the paths. I don't think that's a bad thing. There's only so many non leveling goals they could add and I'd rather have the "Public Safety" missions in Settler to add a bit more diversity even though they are essentially just assassination missions kind of like the soldier.

My current experimental character is a scientist cause I didn't feel I gave it a fair shake. And I did find it a bit annoying at first that it wasn't quite as easy to plan out where to go to complete the missions. But at least in the Chua/Draken starting area, pretty much each major questing area had a science mission that was pretty easily recognizable. It really wasn't difficult to level at all, and the little buffs / info was a lot cooler than I thought it would be. And I'll be honest, the scientist path abilities are amazing. I feel like they got the best rewards outside of costumes period.

I'll still be rolling settler on my main, cause I love building in the towns and buff stations. But I think they did a pretty good job with the ones I've put real time in so far.

Are we voting on this? I really like 1 and 4.

Sure why the heck not!

http://strawpoll.me/1681135

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    That 25 adventure was a little disappointing. It just seemed much too easy though the structure was there. I think maybe if the veteran version is beefier it will be sweet.

I really wanna do the 30 adventure on my slinger now. That constant killing tower defense style seems like a blast.

How many people here are planning to play the moment head start begins?Been thinking about it and I want to try to go bed early and wake up a set 3am to do it myself.

Edit:easy not ready ugh autocorrect

Kai_San on
    cptrugged wrote: »
    There is a bit of overlap in the paths. I don't think that's a bad thing. There's only so many non leveling goals they could add and I'd rather have the "Public Safety" missions in Settler to add a bit more diversity even though they are essentially just assassination missions kind of like the soldier.

My current experimental character is a scientist cause I didn't feel I gave it a fair shake. And I did find it a bit annoying at first that it wasn't quite as easy to plan out where to go to complete the missions. But at least in the Chua/Draken starting area, pretty much each major questing area had a science mission that was pretty easily recognizable. It really wasn't difficult to level at all, and the little buffs / info was a lot cooler than I thought it would be. And I'll be honest, the scientist path abilities are amazing. I feel like they got the best rewards outside of costumes period.

I'll still be rolling settler on my main, cause I love building in the towns and buff stations. But I think they did a pretty good job with the ones I've put real time in so far.

The overlap is intended. Aside from being content tailored to how the player wants to play, they meant paths to be a gateway into getting people to group up more since the paths all generally benefit every other path/player around them. I don't know if they still do, but they used to refer to it as "Crossing Paths" *groan*

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »

Well I've kinda been waiting to upgrade my CPU for a bit now. This isn't the first game that I've scratched my head over it running below average on the 780 GPU.

And ya I get that it will probably be mainly on the GPU at some point, but this is a reoccuring thing with various games.

The way I've always looked at it is that gaming requires a trifecta of hardware. GPU, CPU, and RAM, and any one of those being sub optimal will create a bottleneck. Sometimes this can be overcome with sheer power in one of the other two but for best performance all around you want to keep all three pretty close.

Obviously not always possible, but yeah if you were sitting on a 4 year old CPU that could very well have been throttling your superior GPU/RAM. I had the same problem a year or two ago and did a MOBO/CPU upgrade to great effect. Now with the newer games I've had to do the same for my GPU to bring it back on par with the more powerful CPU.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
This discussion has been closed.