As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wildstar: Content Patch #2 is coming! SABOTAGE

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Was wanting to give this another shot and played most of Saturday. Was thinking mmmaybe I might buy it. 60 felt a little too dear but the GMG discount to 45 seemed like something I might be able to swing. And then my monitor died. So now I gotta buy a new one instead of something fun.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Also, fuuuuck red markers on green ground.

Half the time I can't see shit.

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Wish this didn't run like complete ass on my machine. I'm kinda baffled by the bad performance too. The art style seems like it would lend itself to being easy on system requirements.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

if you are implying some sort of colorblindness, there are three different colorblindness settings for telegraphs.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    RawrBear wrote: »
    Wish this didn't run like complete ass on my machine. I'm kinda baffled by the bad performance too. The art style seems like it would lend itself to being easy on system requirements.

It's just unoptimized and isn't taking advantage of high-end hardware. The devs have said that they're working on it

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »

if you are implying some sort of colorblindness, there are three different colorblindness settings for telegraphs.

I didn't see those options, however, that sort of thing is never a deal breaker.

Just a mild aggravation I deal with.

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »

It's just unoptimized and isn't taking advantage of high-end hardware. The devs have said that they're working on it

That seems like the kind of thing you'd want to get fixed before open beta. I won't be buying a retail copy just to find out if the game is remotely playable. I really wanted to like this game too!

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

That seems like the kind of thing you'd want to get fixed before open beta. I won't be buying a retail copy just to find out if the game is remotely playable. I really wanted to like this game too!

Did you try the UI fix Rorus pasted earlier

It doubled my fps

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Tried it.. no luck for me. I mean my rig is far from a powerhouse, but I can run ffxiv and gw2 just fine so its kinds baffling this runs so poorly

• Options

Did you try the UI fix Rorus pasted earlier

It doubled my fps

I didn't, could you link it?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Bottom page 4

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I'm enjoying the game a lot so far, but I really like Exiles over DOminion so much more. I'm sad that this means I will most likely not be able to play with a PA guild

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    There's a PA Exile side guild in the works, check out the G&T thread and their player spreadsheet google doc!

I just blasted my way across the Northern Wilds with my Aurin Spellslinger. There was a part, during the final quest of the zone, where I ran up a hill while blasting 4 guys, jumped off after taking them out an setting a cannon to blow, and then landed in the middle of another group of guys and took them all out too. All this with a Settler speed boost and sprint on, and it felt like it happened within a matter of seconds.

I am so sold on this game.

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    I'd love to try this out, but everytime I enter the game it freezes and crashes in under a minute with an unknown software error alert (0xc000000d).

I can get through character creation fine, but the moment I enter the game, I've got maybe 40 seconds before it freezes and drops me to desktop.

I'm running it in Windows 7 (64), on an AMD Athlon x3 450 with an ATI Radeon HD 5570. Anyone have any clue?

• Options
    Basically if Exiles could be Mechari and the Aurin got shot into the sun, I would never not pick Exile.

• Options
    Man I love the Aurin (well, the males, not so keen on the females- they're a bit too goofy for me).

On the other hand I think the space hamsters are kinda meh

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Man I love the Aurin (well, the males, not so keen on the females- they're a bit too goofy for me).

I think the aurin are fine, they're not nearly as creepy as like, the rabbit ladies in FF online

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I just hate the Aurin because they're the most aggressively boring stereotypical tree-hugger shit. Every time I had to interact with one and do their dumb quests I just wanted to do anything but that.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »

All stupid furry wankbait races should be shot into the sun.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2014
    Male Aurin are silly billies.

You are the cutesy treehugging race. Own that shit instead of acting like you're some tough guy.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    It's like, why not just play Cassian? They're obviously the superior choice, that dude in the trailer told me so!

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    You have a weird way of spelling Chua.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    1) Cassian
    2) Chua
    3) Who even fucking cares.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    The Dominion seemed like such jerks in the Exile campaign! Chi's with flamethrowers. :(

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The dominion also seem like jerks in the dominion campaign

Because they are jerks

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    You show up on the planet the Eldan have promised to their chosen race and claim it as your home?

You guys started a Holy War!

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    That tree seemed like a cool guy

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Because they are jerks

As someone in the comments for this video said, "This was probably the most surprising bit of the Dominion opening quests. It went from "typical megalomaniacal bad guys" to a people who believed deeply in a series of virtues and were genuinely folks who were touched by a greater destiny."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAJkrdEAvLI

To be fair, I haven't played very far into the game, but it's also the impression I got of the Dominion as well. Sure, they're ruthless but they believe they're doing what's right and what's best. They're not twirling their mustaches and being dicks just because.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbItL4qcugk

LOOK! LOOK INTO THE MOUTH OF DESPAIR AND WEEP

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    That makes a raid actually look fun

impossible

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I'll be playing this over the summer pretty heavily I'm willing to bet, but I'll be on the East Coast RP Server because I'm a huge nerd.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    my fps went up with the patch

hit 18 and got a mount, 21 should be fun when I get breaching strikes

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Good lord those raids look insane(ly cool)

• Options
    At this point we have very solid guilds for each side shaping up. I am not sure if there's any sort of consensus on RP or No, but we'll cross that bridge shortly.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    There is an end of beta event tonight at 10pm PDT for night owls that dig that sort of thing.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Granok are the only race that matters in this game

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Because they are jerks

As someone in the comments for this video said, "This was probably the most surprising bit of the Dominion opening quests. It went from "typical megalomaniacal bad guys" to a people who believed deeply in a series of virtues and were genuinely folks who were touched by a greater destiny."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAJkrdEAvLI

To be fair, I haven't played very far into the game, but it's also the impression I got of the Dominion as well. Sure, they're ruthless but they believe they're doing what's right and what's best. They're not twirling their mustaches and being dicks just because.

And when a noble actually does something massively dickish, they drop the hammer on him HARD.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    those raids look like a cluster fuck

I did the first scenario adventure thing when I hit 15 and it was an impossible to decipher mess that deviated so far from the traditional linear dungeon format I couldn't tell what was going on

and it had lots of hugging a wall super tight to avoid aggroing more enemies and just sneaking past to the next objective

edit also the dominion intro quest zone before the church had a part where you torture people for no reason, there is no ambiguity re: the dominion being evil

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think the game is trying to make a case for the Dominion being anything short of a goofy mix between the Galactic Empire and the Imperium of Man.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    An aurin that mind-controls the rest of her race to think she is queen muckity muck? a space zombie plague? The exiles have just as much blood and mud on their hands.
    The Dominion did what it did to preserve order and peace. Yea, it sucks being the galaxy police but if someone didn't do it, we'd all be munching on brains right now.
    You can't run an empire without getting your hands dirty.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN